ENCORE V - 1986 86' BURGER 1986 86' Classic Burger Motor Yacht
Chicago Illinois $975,000 USD
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
ENCORE V is a strongly built 1986 86' Classic Burger Motor Yacht with four watertight bulkheads, double bottoms and a full keel. She is suitable for both cruising shallow draft areas like the Bahamas or transatlantic crossings. The "86" is one of Burger's most popular designs due to her flared bow, graceful sheerline and tumblehome transom. This hull design is also known for fuel economy with numerous range and speed options and is the hull design that one owner of the Burger Boat Company built his personal yacht around.
ENCORE V is a very rare model in the 86' Burger series with her high flared bow, large enclosed aft deck, formal dining room (media), on-deck powder room and walk-around side decks. There is a sofa, desk, and chairs located in the main salon. The aft-deck is 18' long and enclosed and air-conditioned with wing doors and opening side and rear windows. The engine room is accessed from the crew's quarters. ENCORE V is the only 86' Burger with an en-suite head/shower in the Captain's cabin.
The joiner work on the main deck is light colored "honey" teak of the highest quality. The pilothouse sole is teak with maple inlay. The master stateroom is located aft and the 2 guest staterooms are located amidship. The aft staterooms are predominantely white with light wall coverings. All staterooms have ensuite heads.
Color televisions are located in the main salon, aft deck and all staterooms.
VCR and video library.
Stereo system throughout the vessel includes: AM/FM, cassette player and compact disc player.
Overall Length 87'7"
Height to top of Mast 30'
Height to top of Bimini top 20'
Note with tender launched and mast folded down, ENCORE V can transit the Erie Bay Canal between New York and the Great Lakes. (Air draft less than 17')
The Aft Deck has entrances via Wing Doors on either side and the sliding door to the Salon. There is a transom door to the ladder to the Swim Platform.
- Teak Flooring
- L Shape Seating AFT with new red sunbrella cushions
- Storage under the seating
- Samsung 32" LCD
- 2 Ceiling Speakers
- Central VAC
- Aqua Air Heat/ AC Control
- Wet Bar with Ice Maker (Kitchen Aid) to STBD
- Glass Storage with Refrigerator (U-Line) to Port
The Aft deck measures 15' x 17'
Varnished table measuring 45" x 72"
Measures 13' X 19'
The Entertainment Center is on the FWD wall
There are large windows on either side. The middle ones can crank down. Stairs descend to the Staterooms in the AFT Port corner
There is a work Desk
Window coverings are pleated blinds
Acqua Air Heat/AC Control
Mood Lighting behind Valences
Samsung 32" TV
Sony AmpliJer 100W X 6 Niles Selector
Sony DVD Player NS325 Trac Vision
2 Direct TV Receivers
4 Speakers in Ceiling
All the Entertainment equipment can be closed by wooden doors
The Dining Room is Forward of the Galley
- Large windows on either side
- Some windows crank down with screens
- Window treatment in hanging curtains
- FWD wall has large built-in China Cabinet
Aqua Air Heat/AC Control
There is an additional freezer and refrigerator in the crew's quarters.
King size bed
The Master is a full beam
The original twin beds in the master stateroom were in the middle of the room and have been converted to a king bed with new bedding. The stateroom has been completely redecorated with new linens. The port side closet is huge and has been used for a wine locker under the stairs.
- Mirrored Headboard
- Cedar Hanging Locker on either side
- Make-up Desk with Mirror and Lighting
- 4 Opening Portals
- Acqua Air Heat/AC Control
- Samsung TV 24"
- Direct TV
- Sony C770 Receiver
- 2 in Ceiling Speakers
- Ensuite Head
- Tub with Sliding doors
- Opening Portal
- Vanity with single bowl, mirror, and overhead lighting
2 Twin Guest Staterooms with ensuite heads
There are two twin bed guest staterooms that have been redecorated and have new bedding.
- Mirrored Headboards
- Night Stand with Drawers between Beds
- Cedar Hanging Lockers
- Drawers under beds
- Built in Chest with 5 Drawers
- 2 Opening Portals
- 2 Speakers in Ceiling
- Thermostat for Heat/ AC
- STBD Stateroom has 32" Samsung TV
- Ensuite Head
- Separate Shower
- Vanity with single bowl, mirror, overhead lighting
- 2 Opening portals
The Crew Quarters are FWD into the bow. The access is down stairs FWD of the Pilothouse and AFT of the Dining Room. Upon descending the stairs, the Engine Room door is AFT and Crew Quarters are FWD. Crew Quarters are rather extensive for a yacht this size. There is a captain's berth with an ensuite head. There is a separate room with bunk beds and an ensuite head. In the common area is a dinette.
- Dinette Table
- Large GE Freezer--40" Deep X 21" Wide X 18" High
- U-Line Refrigerator 2 Opening Portals Central Vac Heat/AC Control
Captain's quarters to STBD
- Single Berth, raised with drawers underneath Ensuite Head with separate shower
Direct TV with 34" TV
- 2 Opening Portals
Crew Bunks FWD
- Bunk Berths
- Hatch to Foredeck
- 2 Opening Portholes to STBD, 1 to Port
- Hanging Locker
Ensuite Head, Separate Shower, 1 Porthole
Auto Pilot- Simrad AP28 (new 2015)
Radar-Furuno 72 mile color
Naiad Stabilizer Control
Two VHF-ICOM M100s
Wind speed indicator
Sea Temperature Gauge
Datamarine, Speed, and Distance
Datamarine Depth Sounder
Panish Electronic Controls
Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
Compass- 8" Plath & Danforth
Rudder Angle Indictor
Bennett Trim Tab controls with Indicators
Dual Searchlight Controls
The Bridge is accessed by stairs from the Pilothouse. There are two helm chairs and L shaped seating with all new cushions. The Mast folds down. Further AFT are two Marquipt Davits with a capacity of 1500 lbs each. There is room for two tenders.
- Garmin GPS MAP17 (new 2015)
- Auto Pilot-Simrad AP28 (new 2015)
- Radar- Furuno 48 mile color
- Naiad Stabilizer Control
- VHF-ICOM M604
- Datamarine Depth Sounder
- Panish Electronic Controls
- Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
- Compass-8" Plath & Danforth
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- Bennett Trim Tab controls with Indicators
- Dual Searchlight Controls
- Garmin Map 7612 Pilothouse (new 2015)
- Garmin Map 6715, 15" Flybridge (new 2015)
- Furuno 72-mile color radar
- Furuno 8250 SSB radio
- (3) ICOM VHF radios
- (2) Datamarine Link depth sounders
- Loud hailer
- Rudder angle indicator
- Datamarine Link speed and distance logs
- (8) televisions
- Simrad AP 28 autopilot (new 2015) Pilothouse & Flybridge
- (2) compasses (both 8")
- Wind speed indicator
- Plath gyro (overhauled '94)
- Maptec plotter and computer
- Furuno weatherfax
- Executone telephone system
- Northstar GPS
- Trimble 10X GPS system (working, but screens are cloudy)
- Furuno 48-mile radar (on bridge)
- Dytek sea temperature gauge
- Capac galvanic monitor
- (2) EPIRB'S
- Toshiba telephone system
- Simrad automatic direction finder
Most pilothouse electronics are duplicated on the Flybridge.
Both Northern Lights generators are 1200 RPM "quiet" generators. 220V AC eletrical system. 12V/32V DC electrical system.
- Northern Lights 35 KW generator (8680 hours as of 10/4/2019)
- Northern Lights 35 KW generator (5882 hours as of 10/4/2019)
- (10) batteries
- Automatic battery charger
- Voltage regulators
- Isolation transformers
- (2) Gleason cable reels
- 32V floating ground system
- (2) Smart Y's
- Dockside eletrical cables
Mechanical Equipment and Engine
- Engines were overhauled in 2003 at 5,000 hours.
- Engine & Generators serviced in 2015
- (2) Cruisair Chiller Units (replaced 2008/2009)
- Two Aft deck air handlers (New 2015)
- HPS bow thruster
- Naiad stabilizers
- Halon fire extinguishing system
- 800 GPD watermaker
- Cabin and bridge controls
- Hydraulic steering
- Trim tabs
- (2) blige blowers
- (4) automatic bilge pumps
- Holding tank
- Racor fuel filters engines & generators
- Lube oil transfer system
- (2) spare propellers
- Engine synchronizers
- Engine alarms
- Engine fuel shut-off valve
- Raw water sea strainers
- (2) Khalenberg air compressors
- Microphor heads
- Lube oil storage
- Oil change system
- Fuel transfer pump w/Racor filter for polishing between tanks
- Hot water circulating system so its hot at the faucet
- Accoustical and thermal insulation
- 6 Microphor heads with back up air compressor
Deck and Hull
- Teak Decking-Foredeck, Catwalks, AFT Deck
- Windlass-Maxwell Nelson with Foredeck Controls
- Anchor-230 lbs Forfiord
- 500' Galvanized Anchor Chain
- 3/8" 250' Nylon Anchor Line
- Secondary Anchor
- Foredeck Freshwater Washdown
- Foredeck--Two Storage Lockers
- Foredeck--Bow Seating Two Spotlights
- Triple Kahlenberg Air Horns
- Bow Thruster-Hydraulic
- 3 Windshield Wipers with Washers
- 2 MarQuipt Davits on Bridge-1,500 lbs
- MarQuipt Boarding Ladder
- 4 Blade main Props
- Two 5 Blade spare Props
- Trim Tabs with Indicators at both Helms
- Naiad Stabilizers(over sized) with controls at both Helms
- Swim Platform with ladder to AFT Deck
- Hinged Mast
- Ships Bell on Mast engraved with ENCORE V
- 2 Viking 8 Person self inflating Life Rafts (new 2016)
- 2 ACR EPIRBs (new 2017)
- 4 Watertight Bulkheads
- Double Bottom Construction
- 4 Boarding Positions each with each with an engraved Plaque-ENCORE V
Deck Equipment and Hull Construction
|230 lb Forfjord anchor w/ 275' of chain|
Side stanchions with lifelines
Coast Guard safety package
Freshwater washdown system
Electric dinghy davits
Maxwell electric windlass with chain sprocket
Fender and lines
Dual search lights
2 Viking 8 person self inflating life rafts (new 2016)
2 ACR EPIRBs (new 2017)
|Swim platform |
Windshield washer and wipers
Awlgrip finished hull
Two 275' rode (chain and nylon)
Hinged folding mast
Bimini top and glass enclosure
2-six man Avon raft
MarQuipt side boarding ladder
Aft-deck wetbar w/refrigerator
Flybridge sink and storage
Opening windows (some with screens) in salon, dining room and galley
Double bottom construction
Teak main decks were re-seamed and are tight and look good. Aft deck is teak and had carpet over it for 20 years so looks great.
ENCORE V is currently out of the water in heated storage. The Captain who took ENCORE V to the Great Lakes in 2016 is available. He also ran the yacht for the original owner.
2003 Both Engines were overhauled 2008/2009 New chillers were installed 2012 stabilizer fin increased size from 6 sq. ft. to 9 sq. ft.
2012 rebuilt both stabilizer pumps 2014 new battery chargers
2015 Pilothouse sliding side doors painted awlgrip white and rollers rebuilt Renew stabilizer seals and general service solenoids 2015
Renew small spot of plating in keel 2015
Inspect bow thruster compartment and correct hydraulic leak 2015
Sandblast black water tank and recoat 2015
ENCORE V is offered for sale due to a change in owners circumstances. Encore V is the Epitomy of a Classic Burger Layout, with Walk around Side Decks and large Enclosed Aft Deck. Not put in the water this season but can be easily launched, surveyed, and brought out of the Great Lakes in 2019. Two former Captains are available! Will consider taking a smaller boat in trade.
ENCORE V was built by a Burger owner of many years. She is now offered for sale by her third owner. She was a well-equipped 1986 86' Classic Burger Motor Yacht when new and has been maintained (mostly by Bradford Marine) to the highest standards with many replacements and upgrades over the years in order to maintain her in top condition. Shafts were pulled in 2002 and shaft tubes were replaced 2002 (critical Burger maintenance item).
Paint, decks, and interior are in good condition. Engines were rebuilt in 2003 at approximately 5,086 hours port 5,140 hours starboard with four new cylinder heads. Currently less than 1800 hours since overhaul.
Davits are set up for a 17' Mako tender (not included in sale).
Current owner installed Garmin GPS Map17's and Simrad AP28 Autopilots on the flybridge and in the pilothouse in 2015. Two new Viking 2 person self inflating life rafts were installed in 2016, Two ACR Epirb's were installed in 2017.
Owner's personal items to be identified at time of survey.