ROUTE 66 1993 68' 4" ERIC GOETZ Cruising/Racing Sailboat
Annapolis United States $695,000 USD
An extremely well thought out cruising yacht that could keep pace with almost any boat her size. The swing keel is perfect for cruising the Bahamas but once she’s down in deep water mode, she’s ready to cross oceans. Her stability is accentuated by the unique hull design and water ballasting. All controls lead to the center cockpit and with the B&R carbon rig design, she is a safe a stable yacht that is easy to sail.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1993 68' 4" ERIC GOETZ Custom B&R / Eric Goetz 68 Cruising/Racing Sailboat ROUTE 66 yacht for sale in Annapolis, Maryland, USA today!
Additional specifications are available for this listing. Click below to get detailed information.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- One - off hull consisting of a 1.25” AIREX core with inner and outer laminates of the specified materials (primarily carbon fiber).
- The hull was laid up as a one-piece continuous unit with epoxy resin, vacuum bagged and post-cured.
- All longitudinal ballast tank faces (fuel & water) are structural components of the hull. In addition, the design has six longitudinal frames (stringers), two of which are engine bearers.
- There are also two watertight bulkheads, one in the bow aft of the crash bulkhead and the other in the ste aft of the living quarters. There are four full bulkheads (total) that separate living areas plus seven web frames placed transversely throughout the vessel.
- All the above members are structural and are tabbed in on all outside surfaces on both sides.
- Forward of the watertight bow bulkhead is an inclined breakaway bow section forward of an inclined watertight termination of the main hull construct.
- Vertical transom has a drop-down hinged door with roller for access to dinghy garage. Swing rudder and various hardware attached.
- Antifouling is Sea Hawk Biocop TF Red.
- Deck has a Diviniycell 1” 6# density rigid PVC core and G-10 back-up plates are used with all thru-bolted hardware.
- Hull and deck painted with Awlgrip Snow White.
- Deck has an Awlgrip Griptex finish.
- Deckhouse windows are clear laminated glass by Procurve, replaced in 2007.
- 6 Shakewell flush plug type thru-hull seacocks by Martwell Ltd.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel trunk with an adjustable depth fin keel (swing type).
- Keel blade of carbon fiber with a lead bulb by GMT.
- Keel engineering by B&R and Dirk Kramers.
- Hydraulically controlled keel directly linked to cylinders.
- Adjustable angle (canting) transom hung rudder system.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH4-HTE (110 HP), turbo charged with intercooler.
- Yanmar gearbox.
- Morse controls for engine.
- Yanmar type C instrument panel.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Heavily insulated and well-ventilated engine space below aft double berth allows for easy 360° servicing of the engine, and gearbox.
- Cruising speed under power is 9.5 to 10 knots at 3 US gal/hr.
- 1260 engine hours @ September 2022.
Propulsion & Steering:
- The transmission is connected to an Aquadrive CV shaft connecting to a Thompson CV joint that then connects to an Aquadrive thrust bearing at an ~8.5 angle for the 1.5” diameter Aquamet 22 propellor shaft.
- There is a PYI shaft seal accessed via a hatch in the shower floor.
- There are cutlass bearings in the carbon skeg, and the shaft connects with a 24x17 Flex-O-Fold folding propellor.
- A custom carbon fiber extendible tiller in cockpit connects directly to a quadrant below deck.
- The quadrant has a cockpit controlled direct manual connect/disconnect to a 12-volt Alpha Systems Autopilot with rate gyro.
- The rudder has a separate cable that connects to a trim tab on the rudder and to a second autopilot ram located in the port lazarette. The same control heads operate both rams but operate only one system at a time based on a position switch on the cockpit console.
- The carbon rudder (hollow, I-beam) has an integral quadrant on the top end that connects to the steering cables from the tiller quadrant through a stainless steel tube that is also a rotating top gudgeon. This top gudgeon combines with a ss boxcar lower gudgeon that slides on a curved track across the transom.
- The pintle is solid stainless steel.
- When canted all the way to port, the rudder position permits access to open the transom door which is hinged with Garlock bearings and a sealed titanium pin. This door floats on the surface and has a roller for the tender with outboard motor. A stainless steel pin secures the transom door when closed.
- There is a separate emergency rudder that mounts on the transom just to starboard of the centerline. It consists of a carbon tube tiller that inserts into a hollow cassette with pintle and gudgeon attachment to the transom using a tapered titanium pin. There is a solid carbon blade that drops into the cassette from the top. It is possible for one person to assemble this system.
- 120V 60Hz 50A shore power system connected to an interior selector switch for shore power or generator.
- 120V outlets in each cabin.
- 12V DC electrical system.
- Bass Panel breaker control panel.
- 2 Mastervolt 12/5000 Lithium-Ion batteries with MasterBus management System.
- 1 LifeLine 12V GPL-24T AGM engine starting battery.
- Battery parallel switching for emergency starting.
- Mastervolt 12-4000-200 Inverter/Charger.
- 1, 150A 12V service battery alternator.
- 1, 45A engine battery alternator.
- Fischer Panda 4.2 kW freshwater cooled generator.
- Replaced in 2016. (1,100 hrs.)
- 120V, 60Hz, 50 Amp.
Freshwater & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold freshwater system in galley, aft head & shower, aft deck shower and foredeck hose.
- ShurFlo variable pressure smart sensor pump.
- 11 US gallon Isotemp water heater (replaced 2014).
- Spectra 16 GPH 12VDC watermaker.
- 5 x Reya Marine (Balmar) 8 gpm electric bilge pumps.
- Automatic bilge pump sensors in the engine room, keel box and main cabin bilges.
- Bilge level alarm sensors in the lazarette, propeller shaft and engine room bilges.
- 190 gpm Pacer pump powered by the main engine for emergency bilge pump or filling water ballast tanks.
- Fuel and water tank levels monitored by a Hart System Tank Tender.
- Composite fuel tanks. Total capacity 1,446 litres (382 US gal.; 723 litres (191 US gal. each)). One tank located on each side of the hull.
- 254 litres (67 US gal.) aluminum “day” tank below settee.
- Large capacity Racor fuel filters.
- 8 gpm reversible fuel transfer pump for shifting fuel ballasting.
- 6 gpm fuel pump for filling “day” tank.
- 2, 10 gal. aluminum propane cylinders in an overboard vented container.
- 30 gal. aluminum gasoline tank with deck fill, electric fuel pump and fueling hose for tender in P lazarette.
- 587 litres (155 US gal.) aluminum freshwater tank below main cabin sole.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- 151 litres (40 US gal.) stainless steel holding tank with valves for deck fitting suction or manual or electric overboard pump out.
- Head can be flushed by freshwater system or greywater from the shower sump.
Seawater Ballast System:
- Seawater intake and emergency bilge crash pump is handled by a 190gpm Pacer Pump (new 2021), double belted to the lay shaft on the front of the main engine. A 12V on/off switch located in the cockpit.
- Manual hydraulic control valves for ballast handling and hand crank located in the cockpit.
- The ballast system drains via a sea chest that may be accessed beneath the shower and generator floor. This sea chest also accepts the dual 4 cockpit drains and is emptied via four vertical 3-inch diameter composite pipes that enter a venturi slot that runs transversely across the bottom of the hull just where the propeller shaft skeg begins.
- PC computer running the latest Maptech Chart Navigator Pro system.
- Furuno GP-37 DGPS.
- Furuno 1821 radar.
- Furuno depth sounder.
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Depth and Speed instruments in the cockpit.
- Alpha Systems autopilot system with direct connection to the steering quadrant.
- Manual connect/disconnect pilot ram link control.
- Rate gyro compass.
- Spare control head and steering ram.
- Standard Horizon Eclipse+DSC GX1150 VHF radio.
- SEA 322 SSB radio with antenna tuner and copper screen ground plane.
- KVH FB 150 Satellite telephone.
- Vesper Marine Watchman 850 AIS.
- Sharp flat screen TV.
- KVH HD-7 satellite HD TV system.
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo with saloon speakers.
- Gimballed Force 10 two burner SS propane stove with oven.
- Remote control propane valve switch in galley.
- Seagull IV below counter drinking water filter with separate tap.
- Whale freshwater foot pump.
- Large compartments for trash and recyclables.
- Below counter soap dispenser.
- Large twin SS sinks.
- 12V air cooled Seafrost refrigeration and freezer system utilizing holding plates.
- The 134A compressor has a single expansion valve that cools 2 plates in the freezer and 1 in the refrigerator sequentially. The system is balance by a single thermostat to keep the thickly insulated freezer below 32°F and the refrigerator just above.
Heads & Showers:
- Custom porcelain freshwater electric toilet that can also be flushed with a manual Whale pump.
- Separate stall shower with large ventilation hatch that access aft deck.
- Space aft in the shower stall for a combination washer/dryer.
- Cockpit shower with hot & cold pressure water.
- Dometic 16,000 BTU air-conditioning with reverse cycle for heating with outlets in the main cabin, aft cabin and aft head.
- 11 Lewmar hatches with OceanAir shade & insect screens.
- 9 Hella 2 speed Turbo fans distributed throughout the interior.
- Engine space blower.
- 12 Halogen lighting in main cabin, aft cabin, and passageways.
- 8 flexible reading lamps.
- 10 Alpenglow dual intensity red/white fluorescent lights in dinghy garage, lazarettes, and interior spaces.
- Navigation lights, spreader lights, masthead anchor light with emergency strobe, compass lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 berths in 2 cabins excluding saloon.
- Aft centerline double berths have side and centerline lee cloths.
- All interior structure is Awlgrip painted carbon fiber.
- Custom wall to wall sectional carpets are divided for easy access to undersole compartments in the main and aft cabins.
- Conveniently located step lockers for tools.
- Locker and wardrobe doors have wicker inserts for good ventilation.
- Aft cabin clothing drawers a cloth lined for lightness and ventilation.
- All deckhouse windows have curtains with blackout lining.
- Saloon settees, navigation, and aft cabin chairs in Ultraleather.
- Extra-large galley pantry with drawers on SS glides.
Description of layout from the bow:
- Large full width sail locker with access from the fo’c’sle cabin.
- Fo’c’sle with upper and lower adjustable SS pipe cots with reading lamps to Port.
- Large work area with bench and vise to Stbd in fo’c’sle along with access to anchor chain box.
- Forward end of central cabin to P, are the large heavily insulated refrigeration and freezer compartments.
- Forward end and to Stbd in the central cabin is the large L shaped navigation table with electronics and the AV components. 270° visibility from this location allows for piloting the boat with the autopilot control.
- Aft of the navigation desk and up 1 step is a U shaped settee dinette with table.
- Dining table lowers to seat level and with the extra cushion makes this area a double berth.
- Steps to enter the main cabin from the cockpit on centerline.
- P side aft in the main cabin is the galley.
- Two large double SS sinks with a large work area outboard that includes a covered cutout to dispose of food scraps during preparation.
- 5 drawers and two lockers below counter level along with two large outboard lockers at counter level.
- Large locker below the sinks with a convenient tilt out drawer above.
- Aft of the sink area is another large counter area with the 2 burner Force 10 SS stove and oven and swing out trash container.
- Aft and to Port in the galley is the large double door pantry with drawers.
- Queen size centerline double berth.
- Full size mirror on the back of the cabin entry door.
- Large wardrobe along with drawers on each side of the cabin.
- Main electrical control panel cabinet at the aft end of the berth.
- Full length handrails on overhead on each side of the double berth.
- Aft and to P is a large L shaped desk and chair, flexible reading lamp and two speed fan.
- Large hatch next to the aft cabin desk with a counter below.
- Generator with a sound shield in a compartment, aft end of the cabin.
Ensuite Head & shower:
- Custom porcelain freshwater head.
- Large dressing area with storage and sink.
- Separate stall shower with large aft hatch and steps to access the aft deck.
- Locker in shower stall to accommodate a combination washer/dryer. Wiring/plumbing in place.
- All control lines lead to cockpit through Lewmar rope clutches and line organizers.
- Compasses in each coaming.
- Unique canting cockpit seats with cushions for level seating when healed.
- Custom carbon tiller with built in extension.
- Yanmar engine panel with tach, oil pressure, and coolant temperature gauges along with alarms.
- Morse single lever engine control.
- Cambered sliding companionway hatch with garage.
- Hydraulics control panel.
- B&R designed masthead sloop rig with fractional working jib, incorporating swept spreaders and no backstay.
- GMT carbon fiber mast and PA boom.
- Bundled carbon fiber athwart standing rigging and headstay.
- Nitronic rod inner forestay.
- Harken manual jib furler on forestay.
- Harken Airtrack system B with Torlon ball bearing cars.
- B&R fabricated carbon deck installed retractable spinnaker pole.
- All running rigging is dyneema cored.
- Independent carbon fiber tripod maststep with integrated chainplates and keel box.
- Lazy jacks and cover for mainsail new 2022.
- Masthead ion dissipating lightning rod.
- Masthead Windex.
- 2 aluminum hydraulic Barient 32s, self-tailing primaries.
- 2 aluminum Barient 27-48 2-speed self-tailing for mainsheets.
- 2 aluminum Barient 27-48 2-speed self-tailing secondaries.
- 2 aluminum Barient 24-45 2-speed self-tailing for rudder angle control.
- North 3Di Ocean full battened mainsail with 4 reef points and 6 Sailbones composite battens. New 2022.
- North 3Di Ocean working jib with roller reefing. New 2021.
- Furling Code 0 on Profurl furler with torsional stay. (2011).
- Masthead deck sweeper genoa (original, lightly used).
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with snuffer (original).
- The hydraulic system powers the primary winches as well as the two custom long cylinders for lifting the keel.
- Spare electric motor for hydraulic pump.
- Drive-in dinghy compartment accessed through transom door.
- Harken deck foot blocks and padeyes.
- Triple lifelines with SS pulpit and stern rails.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar Concept vertical capstan electric windlass.
- Chain & rope gypsy.
- 165’ 5/16 hi-test galvanized chain (new 2020).
- 100+’ of ¾” 3 strand nylon rode.
- 44lb SS Rocna anchor with custom modifications.
- Model 55 Fortress aluminum anchor.
- Custom carbon fiber anchor pole that extends past the bow for safe anchor retrieval.
- Large cleat in the windlass locker for anchor chain snubber.
- Windlass motor in a dry location outside of chain box.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Rail and bags for halyard and control line tails in cockpit.
- Full width cockpit dodger with upper handrail. (New 2019).
- Mainsail cover new 2022.
- Cockpit awning.
- Cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 3.4m RIB with steering console.
- Yamaha 15hp 2-stroke outboard, rebuilt 2014.
- 5-gal fuel tank.
- 30 gal re-fueling station on the aft deck that consists of an aluminum gasoline tank with an electric fuel pump and hose in P lazarette. There is a deck fill for this tank.
- Roll in tender garage via an opening transom door with rudder canted to one side.
Schedule A Showing
Speak To A Qualified Yacht Broker
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.
Schedule A Showing
Speak To A Qualified