Electronics and Navigation
Electronics: A 12V Electrical system is fitted to provide for the instrumentation package, bilge pumps and VHF base station.
- Complete Ockam racing instrumentation system.
- On board computer running Expedition
- Custom 5 display mast pod
- Transducers for speed, depth and wind speed
- GPS, Compass
- Plumbing: Electric bilge pump P&S
- Electrical shore power box / battery charger
- Shore power cable
- Garmin cameras
- VHF base station
- VHF handhelds
- Diverse headstay load pin – integrated into the Ockam system
- Primaries (2): Lewmar 105 Racing winches with carbon skirts – Upwind / downwind range selection
- Mainsheet: Lewmar 105 Racing Winch – carbon skirt and self tailing plates. Upwind / downwind range selection. Top action capable
- Running backstays (2) Lewmar 99 Racing winches – flange mounted, carbon skirt and self tailing plates.
- Pit winch: Lewmar Racing 68 – pedestal driven – over drive boxes fitted
- Topper – second halyard – Lewmar 68
- Foreguy: Lewmar Racing 50
- Spinnaker takedown on pit winch
- Pedestals (3) Belt drive carbon fiber pedestals
- Bevel boxes – hi-strength 17-4 drive shafts have been fitted in each bevel box
Hydraulics: Victory’83 has a full Grand Prix Navtec Hydraulic package. Navtec hydraulic rams:
- Jib tack
- Genoa leads(P&S)
- Floating main tack
- Push-pull deck level mast ram.
- Navtec pressurized Reservoir
- Fast take up system for pulling the rig forward downwind.
- Five Big bore pumping stations. Main Island has a super big bore AC pump.
- String Release: A number of functions are fitted with string / button releases
Mast and Rigging Package: Sail Spars Designs triple spreader rig with Navtec rigging.
- Minimum Weight and CG under the 12M Rules.
- Maximum stiffness – the stiffest 12M mast built. Cobalt rod headstay and jumpers. Spreader and jumper tips feature special low windage “cigar” fittings.
- Shrouds rollers to ease the big jibs around
- Carbon boom by Composite Engineering – strop mounted vang system.
- Custom “Square” composite spinnaker pole and spare pole. Deck layout allows the spare pole to be carried onboard below deck.
North Sail inventory includes a new wardrobe built for the 2019 World Championships. The back-up wardrobe includes light and heavy genoas multiple spinnakers and a highly serviceable mainsail.
A full wardrobe of Quantum Sails built in 2019 along with many spares.
Tender and Container
Destiny, a 28′ Protector is included with the program. The tender has been updated with new WING tubes. She was repowered with twin Yamaha 200HP Four-stroke engines. She has an updated electronics package including a Garmin Chart-plotter, Radar and AIS. She has been stored inside each off season and the engines have received all recommended service at the Yamaha Dealer.
Container: The Package includes a 40′ shipping container that has been outfitted to support the operations of the program. There is ample storage for the sails, rigging, spares and gear.