2012 65' 2" CIRCA MARINE Motor Yacht FPB 64 Beaufort North Carolina United States $2,250,000 USD
2012 65' 2" CIRCA MARINE Motor Yacht FPB 64 Beaufort North Carolina United States
Hull 6 of this astonishing series from Dashew Offshore, built in New Zealand in 2014, there are 11 FPB 64s. COOL CHANGE is massively constructed of aluminium and built to explore all the planet's oceans. She has massive range, recovery from capsize, epic steering control and is able to surf at speeds of over 20 knots. She has cruised from New Zealand to northern Europe under her own bottom as GREY WOLF, also taking in the Mediterranean and cruising up to Svalbard. In this ownership she has crossed the Atlantic, cruised the Caribs and then been used extensively on the East Coast of the USA. She is in sparkling condition and is truly a plug and play explorer yacht ready for new adventures.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2012 65' 2" CIRCA MARINE FPB 64 Motor Yacht Displacement COOL CHANGE yacht for sale in Beaufort, North Carolina, USA today!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Basic hull and structure is welded aluminum including superstructure with three full watertight bulkheads and two half-height watertight bulkheads.
- Bottom is 12 mm aluminum plate.
- Integral aluminum tanks for water and diesel form a double bottom between the three full height watertight bulkheads.
- 19mm tempered windows with storm boards.
- The hull structure is massively strong with a double bottom throughout the accommodation space. The stabilizers are mounted within coffer dams.
- Matching grey tread master decking on exterior decks.
- External handrails, stanchions and foremast, et al are 316 L stainless steel.
- The ‘bolt on’ swim step extension section adds 3’/90cm to the waterline length and reduces drag six to eight percent. It also creates valuable space for loading/unloading passengers and stores from the dinghy, exiting to floating docks, and easy access off the stern for swimming. Finally, this extra waterline increases longitudinal, further reducing pitching. And the measured length of the hull? We will just say that the bolt on nature of the extension offers a degree of flexibility with “official” measurements not available with a welded extension.
- RCD EU Certificate.
- There is 6500 pounds of lead ballast, encapsulated within the fuel tanks.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x John Deere 6068 SFM50 – M3 rating EU compliant– approximately 236 horsepower - diesel fuel.
- ZF280 V 2.556 to 1 reduction transmission with Drive Saver.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Max speed approximately 11 knots – normal cruise of 9.6 knots at 1650 RPM.
- Fuel consumption 19 to 25 liters per hour.
- Cruising range – approximately 5500 nautical miles.
- Approximate hours on John Deere engine - 5454 hrs as of Jan 2021.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 32” diameter, Nibral 4-blade prop and spare prop is stored on spindle in forepeak.
- Aquamet shaft with fresh PSS shaft seal. Spare seal also in position.
- New Spurs line cutter.
- Steering system – single rudder with dual, independent Kobelt steering cylinders and two independent hydraulic systems.
- Teleflex manual helm pump as back up to dual autopilot system.
- Bow Thruster – 24VDC, 136 Kg thrust. Controls located at both helms.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- Get Home Drive – 100HP Yanmar diesel with only 14 hours on a lay shaft with CV joint, Gori 2 speed folding prop. Propels boat at approximately 7.5 knots.
- Naiad 302 hydraulic stabilizers with 9 sq ft fins and adaptive control driven off the main engine.
- Hydraulic oil is hull cooled.
- Reverso oil change pump with manifold serving main engine, main transmission, get home engine, get home transmission, and generator.
- Murphy gauges tied to Maretron system for main engine oil level, gear pressure, coolant temp, and coolant level.
- Very Extensive Complement of Spares (see FPB standard spares/tools list as reference). Out of box as seen.
- Approximate hours - 14 hrs as of Jan 2021.
- Vessel Primary AC – Primary is 230V, with all main systems (air conditioning, water maker, induction cook top, speed oven, washer and dryer) able to run on 230V – 50 or 60 Hz.
- 2 x inverters(both new) 230VAC / 5KW Victron inverters provide power from the 24 volt DC battery system as either stand alone power, to support shore power, or to support the 11.5 KW 50Hz generator. System is able to function on either 50 or 60 Hz shore supply.
- 230 volt, 24 volt and 12 volt plugs are located strategically throughout the boat. AC plugs/outlets wired to allow 115V changeover with minimal difficulty.
- Two main power panels – one near main helm and on aft office bulkhead.
- Dual pole breakers disconnect both legs on AC and DC circuits.
- Remote Blue Sea disconnects for all 24 volt high amp DC circuits and devices.
- Primary 24 volt DC – 2VDC cells x 12qty.
- Hoppecke traction style batteries provide 1200 amp hours of capacity at 24 volts. Batteries recently load tested with excellent results.
- Secondary 12 volt DC – Two (2) Group 31 batteries provide power for engine and genset starting.
- 12 volt power points throughout the boat via 24VDC-12VDC converters.
- The Victron Inverters double as the main 24VDC battery Charger (240A total) - recharging the house bank via external shore power or the generator.
- Inverters new.
- Inverter emergency bypass switch.
- 115VAC battery charger and 24 to 12 volt converter charger, battery disconnects and parallel switch with center tap from house bank for secondary 12 volt DC engine start bank.
- 2 x Serpentine belt driven 28 volt Electrodyne alternators on the main engine provide a combined output of 7.4 KW (300 amps at 28 volts) thru two heavy duty remote mounted rectifiers while underway.
- This is sufficient to run key onboard AC power systems via the inverters while underway and recharge the batteries with some power management without running the generator.
- 11.5 KW Cummins Onan Generator.
- Approximate hours – 1969 hrs as of Jan 2021.
- AC Shore power – Incoming shore power is isolated via an isolation transformer.
- Two shore power connection points, one in the forepeak and one on the aft deck accept either 30 amp (115V – 60Hz) or 50 amp (230V - 50 or 60 Hz).
- Inverter/Chargers can be adjusted to support available incoming amperage.
- Shore power cords and international adapters – 240 volt, 115 volt.
- Very Extensive Complement of Spares – as seen.
- 2 x Solar panels on the house top. The output is rated at approximately 245 watts per panel.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 24 volt Kabola diesel fired boiler for hot water and boat heating.
- 2 x Headhunter X-Caliber pressure pumps.
- 55 liter stainless water heater with dual 2000 watt elements with heat exchanger that is part of the Kabola diesel boiler/engine waste heat circuit for hot water.
- Sea Recovery 55 gallon per hour RO water maker with fresh water flush, primary filtration, plankton filter, charcoal filter and UV sterilizer plumbed to all portable water tankage via valved manifoldHours – 737 hours as of 15 Jan 2021.
- PAR Jabsco diaphragm electric pumps – 2 x in engine room, 1 x in forepeak, 1 x in basement with roving hose and connections to stabilizer cofferdams.
- 1 x Pacer hydraulic damage control pump (600 liters per minute) plumbed to forepeak, living areas and engine room.
- Manual/automatic control on all pumps plus high water alarms.
- Extensive complement of spares.
- Tank Tender level indicator for freshwater and diesel tankage.
- Sealand tank gauge for black water level indication.
- Fuel Capacity is 11,960 liters (3,160 US Gal.) in two main tanks, two listing trim tanks and day tank.
- Tanks are integral aluminum.
- High capacity fuel transfer/polishing system with two geared Oberdoerfer pumps, polishing filtration and debug system allowing transfer from any tank to any tank via valved manifolds.
- Day tank topped up automatically with pump running, low level, fill level and high level alarms.
- Manifold from day tank to all primary consumers with dual Racor filtration on main engine and additional filtration to other diesel consumers.
- Spare Oberdoerfer pump head.
- 6,800 liters (1,800 US Gal.) in two integral aluminum tanks plus separate polyethylene galley tank for filtered water.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Blackwater – Two Polyethylene tanks – approximately 150 liter (40 US Gal.) capacity each – one serving the master head and one serving the aft head.
- Filtered tank breathers.
- Remote level indicators.
- FurunoNavnet 3D Black Box with depth sounder, GPS, 12 KW open array radar with ARPA.
- Separate Furuno 12” MFD on flybridge.
- Furuno system integrated with MaxSea Time Zero running on computer at main helm.
- Maretron system integrated with engine J box, Airmar weather station, GPS, depth, key system alarms and warnings.
- 2 x Color DSM 250’s – 1 x on fly bridge, 1 x at helm.
- Flir M series IR camera controlled with joy stick knob controls at both helms.
- Bridge Watch Alarm system controlled by Maretron system.
- visual camera in engine room fed in to NavNet3D.
- Visual camera astern.
- AIS Class B – integrated with MaxSea and Navnet 3D.
- Weather Fax-intergated with MaxSea and Navnet 3D.
- Navtex intergrated with Maxsea and Navnet 3D.
- Icom 604 DSC VHF at main helm with command mike on flybridge. Includes Hailer-Fog Horn.
- Icom 802 HF radio with Prator Modem (Ideal for sail mail).
- KVH VSAT V3IP Voice over IP (VoIP), Ethernet switch, and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- 3 x Monitors at main helm, 2 display Navnet data.
- Dual autopilots – each completely redundant on separate Hynautic circuits with dual Kobelt cylinders.
- Primary Comnav autopilot system with TS 202 lever steering and Commander control head at main helm and 200 series remote auto/lever steering on fly bridge. Accu-steer pump.
- Normal operation is by fly by wire or autopilot mode.
- ComNav back-up autopilot system with Accu-steer pump, controls at lower helm.
- Teleflex manual helm pump with wheel for emergency use.
- Engine room emergency manual tiller control.
- Peplink MAX HD router – accepts 2 x cellular sim cards for data, 2 x WAN ports, 2 x Wifi ports, 4 x port wireless router for on board network.
- Wifi extender.
- Electrolysis monitor meter.
- CO monitor.
- Security system consisting of deck pressure sensors, salon door sensor, horn and light alarm alert – activated via remote key fob.
- Anchor alarm with SMS texting component.
- Furuno CH270 searchlight sonar.
- Splendide 2100xcp Washer Drier combo.
- Central vacuum system with 2 x pickup points – 1 x forward – 1 x aft. Vacuum hose and misc. tools.
- Miele Speed oven (convection, conventional, microwave).
- Miele three burner induction cook top.
- Fisher Paykel single drawer dishwasher.
- Custom refrigerator (roughly 348 Liters) and freezer (roughly 240 liters) in galley and second custom freezer in basement (roughly 162 liters).
- Each box cooled by a 24 volt Danfoss compressor with controls in the ships office.
- Cooling is via keel coolers mounted in freshwater tank aft of cofferdam.
- Vacuflush heads with valving for direct overboard discharge, discharge to holding tanks with overboard pumps and deck pumpout fitting.
- Freshwater deck shower on aft swim platform with hot and cold mixer valve.
- Aft head with sepearate shower stall and toilet, vanity/sink exterior to toilet compartment.
- Sink and shower drain overboard via Whale Gulper pumps.
- Master has separate tub/shower, toilet compartment with Vacuflush head and vanity with sink integrated in to the forward area of stateroom.
- Shower and sink discharge overboard via Whale Gulper pumps.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 230VAC reverse cycle Climma air conditioning units – seawater cooled.
- 2 x independently controlled units in the salon and one forward in the master stateroom and one aft.
- Fan only and dehumidification modes in addition to heat and cool.
- Dual self-priming Primetime pumps on pump relays.
- Hot water heat with thermostatically controlled fan coils throughout the yacht.
- Kabola hot water loop heats domestic water as well.
- Heat sources include the Kabola diesel boiler and engine waste heat exchanger.
- Manifold to bypass heating loop for summer operation.
- Awning system for salon windows (port and starboard).
- Complete set of hatch covers.
- Stereo system with input for iPod etc.
- Stereo/DVD connected to TV.
- Pop up 40 inch LCD TV Samsung Smart TV
- HDMI to TV for other source.
- Interior lighting is recessed LED overhead on dimmers.
- Forward and aft deck flood lights and flybridge task lighting.
- Large forward facing 230VAC flood light on foremast.
- 24VDC fluorescent lights in engine room.
- LED light for swim step area.
- LED anchor lights.
- LED Navigation lights
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior finish is lightly stained cherry wood veneer and timber.
- Ultra-leather headliner and hull panels.
- Striated vinyl wall covering on bulkheads.
- Hi Mac solid surface counter tops.
- Flexco Repel rubber flooring with area carpeting.
- Ultra-suede seating cushions.
- Stidd helm Chair.
- Seat covers, table cover and runners.
Description of layout from forwards:
COOL CHANGE has a large forepeak forward which provides massive storage for all manner of equipment. Behind this is the owner’s stateroom with offset double berth and lots of cupboards and wardrobe. There is a basin incorporated into this cabinetry with a head and separated shower stall to starboard.
Up steps to the Great Room with 350 degree vision, helm station, main saloon and incorporated galley with masses of refrigeration, working space. There is lots of space for cooking, eating, socializing and also for watch keeping when at sea. Beneath the great room is the cellar – a vast area which is available for the storage of spares and yacht equipment of all kinds.
There is access from here to the aft deck with its barbeque, sink, working area and open deck.
Stairs from the aft deck lead up onto the fly bridge (or matrix deck) where there is a second helm station, seating and a fold up table for dining.
Steps from the aft deck also lead down to a large swim platform with fresh water shower, two large storage lockers and easy access to floating docs and dinghies.
From the great room there are steps down into the aft section of the yacht with a double guest cabin to port with transverse bunk over, and work station/office to starboard and access to the second head. Aft of these is a single berth cabin and then a door into the vast engine room which is designed for great access to all the machinery.
- Deck wash (salt and freshwater wash down spigots) in forepeak and BBQ locker on aft deck.
- Stainless deck stanchions with stainless lifeline system.
- Boarding gates port and stbd on aft deck, and port and stbd onto the swim platform.
- Aft deck propane BBQ with freshwater sink.
- Large storage lockers on either side of the swim platform.
- Includes 2 x stainless flopper stoppers for use at anchor and two Kolstrand fish for use in the event of stabilizer failure.
- All deployed from the booms on separate pennants with rope clutches.
- Large integrated swim platform aft with steps from aft deck.
- Stainless swim ladder.
- Aft deck freshwater shower (hot and cold with mixer valve).
- Lifelines on pelican clips for easy access to dinghy/docks.
- Remote Docking pod for use on Port or Starboard side.
- 4 x Fishing Rod holders.
- Aft long mooring rope payout system.
- Bauer dive compressor in engine room.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Primary ground tackle consists of a 110KG self-launching Rocna anchor with a brand-new 400 foot anchor rode of 3/8 inch galvanized Grade 70 high test chain.
- Maxwell V4000 24 VDC windlass with chain counter and controls at fly bridge and main helm.
- Fortress F80 and F125 anchors for kedging/storm use with 120 meters of hi modulus line and two shots of chain.
- Aft deck Harken, dual-direction, self-tailing #46 winch for hoisting dinks, kedging and breast lines.
- 3 x Manual, self-tailing two speed Lewmar #40 winches for dock line control.
- Full assortment of 7/16 high modulus and 7/8 inch dual braid lines for docking and other uses
- Galerider storm drogue and Parachute anchor.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Awnings for forward and aft deck
- Covers for BBQ, dinghy console and flybridge helm/eating area. Side awnings.
Tender & Outboard:
- Main dinghy - Center-console RIB built by AB, with storage lockers and stowage forward for anchor and spare prop.
- Yamaha 25 HP 4 stroke motor with controls on center console.
- Garmin VHF Radio.
- Garmin AIS TX-RX AIS For position location.
- Custom dinghy chock for main tender.
- Launch and retrieve via booms and aft deck winch.
- Additional 2-person aluminium bottom tender with Mercury 3.3 hp outboard engine.
- 2-person kayak with paddles.
- Switlik SAR-6 hard canister 6-person liferaft. Inspected and certified July 2020.
- Horseshoe throw collar with strobe on aft deck pushpit.
- Echomax Dual frequency radar enhancer.
- Fuel system, engine room air intake and automatic fire suppression system can all be remotely activated from outside of the engine room.
- Automatic fire suppression system freshly serviced.
- CO detector.
- Engine room heat sensors, complete engine alarms along with other monitoring integrated to the Maretron system.
- Fire extinguishers mounted throughout the boat in strategic locations.
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.