1994 61' 10" NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising/Racing Sailboat Nautor Swan 60 Annapolis Maryland United States $475,000 USD
1994 61' 10" NAUTOR'S SWAN Cruising/Racing Sailboat Nautor Swan 60 Annapolis Maryland United States
CONCERTO is the first of the successful Swan 60 series, and was launched as HIGHLAND FLING. The current owner bought the boat in Germany, and sailed it transatlantic back to the US. This is the Regatta version, but the current owner has added more cruising amenities. She was built using sophisticated construction techniques and advanced composites, making her a true cruiser/racer in all the best traditions. She had new teak decks laid in 2008. In 2017, she sailed transatlantic to Puerto Rico, and then up to Annapolis. She is in stunning condition, with new leather upholstery, new Northern lights generator and air-conditioning and a brand new Yanmar main engine. New Maxpower retractable bowthruster.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White gelcoat with blue hull and coaming stripes.
- The hull is of single skin construction using glass/Aramid hybrid fibre reinforced vinylester laminate. Structural bulkheads are foam sandwich construction.
- Hull stiffening flanges are unidirectional layers over foam cores.
- Underwater surfaces in un-pigmented gelcoat, treated with epoxy coating.
- All through-hull skin fittings below the waterline close flush with the hull.
- Seacock inlays (2012).
- New Teak decks in 2008 laid on sides, bridge deck, cockpit soles and forward cockpit seats.
- Small teak toe rails each side of foredeck.
Keel & Rudder:
- Special racing keel of lead with high antimony content, heat-treated to eliminate shrinkage and voids.
- The keel was weighed and templated to confirm minimal tolerances prior to installation.
- Composite rudderstock, rudder blade and quadrant with flexible upper and lower rudder bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH3-DTE (new 2021 – zero hours).
- Conventional shaft, supported by stainless steel strut. Engine beds are GRP.
- The engine room is spacious providing standing headroom and good access to machinery and systems.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hull window for inspection of propeller.
- Angled teak foot blocks for helmsman and mainsheet grinder.
- Twin lightweight steering wheels on lightweight pedestals each with top mounted 5” Suunto compasses.
- 3-blade foldable Max-Prop propeller (2007).
- New Maxpower Compact 24 v bowthruster (new 2020).
- Emergency tiller.
- The engine has a 12 volt system with a 12 volt 55 amp alternator charging the dedicated 135 Ah engine start battery.
- DC 24v system rewired 2020.
- AC 110v rewired 2020.
- Service battery capacity 320Ah at 5 hour rating, 24 volts charged by 75 amp engine alternator.
- 1 x Northern Lights Genset M673 L (New 2021 – zero hours).
- Victron inverter 2500w battery charger.
- Shore power cable.
- 110v shore power.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressure water system with 55 litre Isotemp hot water tank.
- Electric toilet (2019).
- New plumbing and faucets (2020).
- Total capacity of 610 litres (161 US gals).
- Total capacity of 610 litres (161 US gals) – 1 x stainless steel and 1 x bladder tank.
- SIMRAD CX44 chart plotter, (from 2009, software updated 2012).
- Furuno GPS, GP-32 (updated 2012).
- B & G FFD Hercules 2000.
- B & G FFD H3000.
- B & G processor updated to H3000 is now suitable for Deckman (2012).
- B & G 690 System updated to H3000 in 2012.
- FFD repeater each side of main companionway.
- 2 x 20/20 large single display repeaters and 3 x FFDs aft-facing, mounted on forward side of bridge deck.
- 2 x FFDs mounted port and starboard on pushpit, primarily as readouts for Grand Prix load pin at base of forestay (new in 2011), but also useful for the tactician/navigator.
- 3 x 20/20s on aft side of mast with control buttons for 2 in aft cockpit.
- Carbon vertical masthead unit for B & G vane at masthead (serviced in 2010).
- B&G autopilot installed 2000.
- Double stainless galley sinks.
- 3-burner Alpes-Inox stainless cooker with oven.
- Splendide 7100 Compact washing machine (New 2020).
- 24v Frigoboat refrigeration.
- Shower fitted with an overhead shower rose and mixer tap.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Marine air heating/air-conditioning (2019).
- Espar diesel heating system.
- LG Smart TV and Sony/bose sound system.
- 24 volt 2-pole system for all lighting.
- All overhead lights are LED, including bunk reading lights.
- Red night lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 10 berths in 3 cabins and saloon.
- Interior completely re-varnished (2020).
- Leather cushions replaced throughout (2020).
- All joinery is made of foam core with teak veneer, wherever practical.
- All floorboards are aluminium honeycomb core with teak/holly veneer.
- Headliners are off-white vinyl on lightweight support boarding covering all under-deck areas except in the forepeak.
- Goiot Cristal type hinged deck hatches to aft cabin, saloon and area forward of saloon.
- Goiot port lights in coach roof sides x 6.
- Goiot port lights x 2 in forward face of aft cockpit into aft cabin.
- Nautor standard sliding main companionway hatch.
- Nautor under-deck sliding fore hatch, lightweight.
Description of layout:
The aft cabin is very spacious with a double berth to port and a single berth to starboard. Between the two is a settee. To port forward is a large hanging locker. To starboard forward is the door into the shower stall, which leads directly into the head compartment with basin, electric toilet and stowage lockers. The head has a second door leading into the passage to the saloon.
This arrangement provides good flexibility – the head/shower can either be private to the aft cabin or accessed from forward.
Moving forward the door to the walk-in engine room is on the port side of the passageway with the oilskin locker to starboard. There is a hanging area for drying oilskins.
The navigation area/chart table is immediately forward of the oilskin locker, and comprises a panel with recessed electronics flanked by a bookshelf and locker.
The large galley is to port, fully equipped. Numerous stowage drawers and lockers.
The main saloon has U-shaped seating to port around the lightweight table which has a composite table base sheathed in teak veneer. Both the table top and base are easily removable to provide unimpaired central sail stowage when racing. To starboard there is a full length settee and a drinks locker. Outboard on both sides the hull sides are lined with teak slats onto which are mounted hinged pipecots.
Forward of the saloon are two guest cabins each with fixed lower berths and hinged pipecots above. The port guest cabin is fully enclosed while the starboard guest cabin provides access through to the forepeak.
The forepeak is a large open area for sail stowage. The flooring is lightweight with non-skid paint and the hull sides and underside of deck are white gelcoat painted.
- 7/8 fractional carbon fibre main mast with carbon fibre spreaders – new in 1995 by Omohundro.
- Navtec discontinuous stainless standing rigging for forestay, vertical and diagonal shrouds and jumpers and check stays, (2012).
- PBO backstay (2012).
- Forestay fitted with Reckmann headsail furling unit (2016).
- T300 carbon fibre main boom with three reef lines and internal lightweight hydraulic cylinder for adjustment of main outhaul.
- T300 carbon fibre spinnaker pole with Sparcraft end fittings, including swivel type for outboard end.
- Carbon jockey pole.
- Removable T-tang baby stay for delivery sailing.
- Antal main sail mast track fitted for bolt rope and sail cars.
- All deck hardware Lewmar Ocean Racing range with low friction blocks, roller bearing genoa cars, lead blocks and deck jammers.
- Mainsheet track and car Lewmar system with 2:1 traveller line purchase.
- 2 x Navtec hydraulic under-deck systems for under-load adjustment of genoa cars.
- Navtec System VII five function lightweight control panel flush mounted on the starboard side at the forward end of the aft cockpit. This panel operates all the hydraulic functions – backstay, boom vang, outhaul, Cunningham and check stays – except the two individual car puller controls.
- There are two boom vang quick release buttons located each side of the aft cockpit.
- Hydraulic boom vang, Navtec A850-VC-023 cylinder.
- Hydraulic outhaul adjuster, Navtec A250-LE-010 cylinder.
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster, Navtec A250-FE-010 cylinder, mounted inside the transom.
- Hydraulic car pullers, 2 x Navtec A300-LNG-01 panels with A250-LE-010 cylinders.
- Hydraulic mast jack – independent Enerpac unit.
- 2 x Lewmar 50 – electric winch conversion 24v (new 2020).
- Primary winches, 2 x Lewmar 88/3-speed AOR GY AL (linked to composite pedestal with double grip handles, mounted in forward cockpit.
- Secondary winches, 2 x Lewmar 66 AST with modified gearing.
- Runner winches, 2 x Lewmar 80 AST OR GY AL.
- Mainsheet winch, Lewmar 900/3 AST linked to composite pedestal with single grip handles, mounted in aft cockpit.
- Mainsheet traveller winches, 2 x Lewmar 50 AST.
- Main halyard winch, Lewmar 54 AST.
- Genoa and spinnaker halyard winches, 2 x Lewmar 54 AST.
- Topping lift/foreguy/reef line winch, Lewmar 54 AST with deck jammer for topping lift and foreguy.
- Spinnaker halyard winch, Lewmar 54 AST.
- Many other race sails and spinnakers in storage.
- Forward stanchions with roller wheels built in to fork eyes on top of stanchion.
- 2 x propane Gas bottle.
- Boarding ladder.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 24v dc Lewmar electric windlass.
- 75lb stainless steel Suncor Anchor.
- 250 ft 3/8 BBB galvanised chain.
- Fortress FX85 20 kilo anchor.
- 4 x mooring lines
- 6 x Fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas storm cover for fore hatch.
- Full fitted boat cover (new 2020).
- Fire blanket in galley.