GRATEFUL 2006 57' 4" OYSTER MARINE LTD Cruising Sailboat
Newport United States $820,000 USD
Rare shoal keel draft, well-equipped for extended shorthanded cruising. New sails, new solar system, new paint, satellite and interior upholstery. Ready for her next owner!
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2006 57' 4" OYSTER MARINE LTD 56 Cruising Sailboat GRATEFUL yacht for sale in Newport, Rhode Island, USA today!
Additional specifications are available for this listing. Click below to get detailed information.
GRATEFUL is a unique example of the popular Oyster 56 series with her rare shoal keel draft of only 6’ – 6” and US build specification – both highly desirable for a US-based owner cruising the east coast and the Bahamas. She is also extremely well equipped for extended, shorthanded cruising with her hydraulic furling main, genoa and staysail; multiple electric winches, solar and wind charging options, watermaker, and everything else you would expect to find on a pedigreed sailing yacht built to go anywhere.
Oyster has certainly perfected the deck saloon concept as evidenced by the spacious, open main saloon and an interior layout that features a superb owner’s cabin aft and a spacious VIP cabin forward, large galley, along with a third twin bunk cabin and a fourth cabin with single berth for larger families and added work/storage space. A versatile design that works for both family and friends! The wide beam and large deck saloon windows create an airy, light-filled interior often found only on catamarans - the perfect space for dinners with guests or game nights with family and friends. Yet, the fact that GRATEFUL is a Rob Humphreys-designed monohull allows her to move through the water with a steady, gentle motion, making her a very safe and capable bluewater yacht.
GRATEFUL has benefited from a long list of improvements at a cost well over $200,000 since 2022 as noted herein, including all new North 3Di sails, new solar system with Lithium batteries, new epoxy bottom with Coppercoat, high-speed satellite system, new interior upholstery and much more. Less noticeable are the key systems that were recently serviced including the rudder bearings, mainsail and genoa furlers, bow thruster, and fuel pump – all key components for safe passagemaking. The recently added North 3Di sails and slick copper-coated bottom make her a dream to sail at her full potential, and the Viasat Satellite internet system provides reliable high-speed internet anywhere in the world.
GRATEFUL is now ready to take her next owner’s family and friends to faraway places with comfort, safety and ease.
GRATEFUL sleeps seven in four cabins, excluding the saloon. Interior joinery is finished in crown cut maple with Oyster ‘Millennium’ styling that features include sculpted fiddles and grab rails, ‘shadow-gap’ joints between panels, solid framed doors with inlaid border, and Oyster custom knobs for lockers and drawers. The cabin soles are solid varnished parquet teak and removable overhead panels are covered with padded off-white vinyl.
The upholstery in the main saloon and nav station is finished in UltraLeather with stitched panel detailing (all new foam and fabric late 2022). Forward and aft double cabin berth surrounds and headboards upholstered in ‘Camel’ Alcantara. There are curtains for all portholes, blinds for fixed windows, Oceanair skyscreens for all deck hatches and a removable padded mast cover. Lastly, all berths are fitted with lee cloths for use as sea berths.
FORWARD VIP CABIN
The spacious forward cabin has a centerline island double berth with upholstered seat, plentiful drawers, lockers, hanging locker, full-length beveled mirror, two opening portholes and a large overhead hatch with sky-screen. There is an 18” LCD mounted on bulkhead.
PORT FORWARD TWIN CABIN
The port forward cabin has upper and lower berths, a vanity unit with mirror, drawers, lockers, hanging locker, opening porthole and overhead hatch with sky-screen.
There is a large forward head compartment and separate shower stall to starboard with sliding enclosure. This space is shared by the forward cabins and accessed from the passageway. Features include a VacuFlush toilet, white enamel washbasin set into an Avonite countertop, lockers, mirror, grab rail and towel bars. There is an opening hull port and deck hatch with sky-screen.
The full-beam main saloon is extremely light and airy thanks to the maple joinerwork, large deck saloon windows and opening ports. Features include a C-shaped settee and dining area to port with a beautiful expandable oval table with maple top and black inlay border, and twin bottle storage lockers below. There are lockers and a bookshelf outboard with opening hull port. Two folding alloy framed chairs, stowed under the saloon settee, provide additional in-harbor seating at the table or even on deck. To starboard is another settee with a large cabinet forward, bar with custom glassware storage, and a bookshelf with opening hull port outboard. Aft and outboard is a 31” LCD for entertaining.
Access to the saloon from the companionway is down a set of shaped teak and stainless steps. Grab handles are fitted either side of the companionway opening with convenient storage area behind.
The navigation area is situated at the starboard aft end of the saloon with forward facing chart table and bookshelf outboard. The chart table is customized around the electronics and navigational equipment, which where possible is strategically sited and flush-mounted in a suede fascia. AC/DC electrical panels are easily accessed behind the navigator’s seat, with main high load switches and breakers below.
Located to port and aft of the main saloon, the full-length galley is in the walkway leading aft to the owner’s cabin. Features include:
- Twin stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet
- Avonite “Goldmine” countertops
- Force 10 stainless steel 4-burner stove and oven
- KitchenAid microwave oven
- Front-opening galley refrigerator with wire shelves, cooled via Frigomatic 24V (keel-cooled) compressor and evaporator plate (New compressor 2017)
- Top-opening freezer box, cooled via pair of Frigoboat K50 (water-cooled) compressors and evaporator plates (New compressor 2015, new freezer plate 2020)
- Seagull water purifier system with dedicated tap/faucet at galley sink, plus connection to icemaker
- Galley wet locker converted to icemaker in lower section with large locker above with pull-out baskets
- Customized storage for cutlery, crockery and mugs
- Opening recessed hull port and two opening portholes above for light and ventilation
STARBOARD MIDSHIPS CABIN
A single berth cabin and utility area is located to starboard aft of the saloon and navigation station with Formica worktop under berth, storage lockers and drawers. A custom locker houses the twin Racor engine fuel filters for easy access.
The engine room is easily accessible from the midships cabin through a full height door. This space is insulated with a composite of foam and high-density polymer sound absorbing materials and is fitted with rubber sealing strips and secured by positive catches to minimize noise. There is 24 volt lighting and an extractor fan.
The master stateroom aft has an inviting 66” “queen plus” centerline berth with five opening hull and cabin side ports and a large overhead hatch. There are two large hanging lockers, ample drawers and lockers, bookshelves, mirror, and chart drawer at foot of berth. There is also a built-in 19” LCD forward, a full-length mirror and a combination safe inside the port hanging locker.
Forward of owner’s cabin to starboard, there is a private ensuite head and separate shower stall with sliding enclosure. Features include a VacuFlush toilet, white enamel washbasin set into Avonite countertop, opening porthole, lockers, mirror, grab rail and towel bars.
24 volt DC/110 volt AC electrical system. Details include:
- Kohler 11 kW generator (2013) with 1,170 hours as of September 2022
- (3) LG 375 W solar panels – 1,125 W total with (3) Victron MPPT controllers mounted on custom stainless bracket above davits. Owner reports generator running time was reduced substantially
- Eclectic D 400 wind generator (2017) with updated solid-state controller in 2021 (note: unit is in storage – additional support pole required)
- Domestic: Lithium house batteries 300 amp/h total at 24V (new 2020)
- Engine start: (2) 12V (88Ah) batteries wired in series devoted to engine starting
- Bosch 55 amp alternator for engine battery (2020)
- Mastervolt 150 A/24V high output alternator for house batteries with 2020 Alpha Pro regulator
- Mastervolt 100A battery charger (2020)
- Mastervolt Systems Manager incorporating charger control and inverter on/off.
- Mastervolt Alpha III Pro regulator (2021)
- Victron 24/12 DC/DC converter (2021)
- Mastervolt 24V/2500W (110V/60Hz) inverter
- Victron Phoenix 24V/3000W inverter (2018)
- Acme 15 KVA single phase isolation transformer
- 50A 125/250V dockside power cable with Glendinning electric cable reel (2016)
- 110V outlets throughout interior and in cockpit
- Hella DC fans in galley and all cabins
- Overhead lights
- Cabin ‘Glassline Minor’ reading lights in chrome with ceramic shade. Perko exterior dome lights in engine room
- Flexible chart table light
- Red ‘courtesy’ footlights at deck saloon steps
- Swivel lights over mirrors in forward and aft cabins
- Red overhead night lights at chart table and galley
- White overhead light over companionway steps
Virtually all interior lighting has been updated to LED to conserve battery power - very little halogen lighting remains.
- Boom light over cockpit table with switch at pedestal
- Spreader lights
- Foredeck light
- Running lights (new LED 2021)
- Aft deck light on antenna pole with switch on pedestal
- Steaming/deck floodlight
- Tri-white anchor/navigation light at masthead (LED 2021)
ELECTRONICS, NAVIGATION AND ENTERTAINMENT
- B&G Zeus Triton sailing instruments with speed, depth and wind displays over companionway and multi display at chart table (2018)
- B&G Zeus3 9” chartplotter at helm (2018)
- B&G Zeus3 12” chartplotter at nav station (2018)
- B&G 18” 4kW radar (2018)
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot with Type 2 long 24V twin linear drive units, Type 400G 24V course computer, control heads at pedestal/nav station, and wireless remote
- Icom M506 VHF (2014) with Command microphone at helm and hailer on mast
- Icom 802 SSB HF radio with Icom AT140 automatic SSB antenna tuner, large ground plates and insulated backstay for antenna
- Viasat satellite high speed antenna for exceptional remote internet (2020)
- Iridium satellite phone (2016)
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS with antenna on pushpit
- Intel mini PC with 15” Iiyama LCD PC monitor at chart table and remote keyboard
- Pepwave networking device
- SIRS 6” steering compass with internal lighting and stainless guard at helm
- Samsung 31” LCD with Sony CD/DVD player in saloon
- Sony STR-DE697 stereo with Sonos sound system in salon and speakers in cockpit, owner’s cabin
- Sharp 19” LCD and Sony DVD player in owner’s cabin
- Toshiba 18” LCD in forward VIP cabin
- Status Omni TV/FM antenna at masthead
- Perkins/Sabre M115T 4-cylinder diesel engine (114 hp @ 2,400 rpm) with approx. 4,800 hours (September 2022)
- Max-Prop 3-bladed 24” diameter feathering propeller (fully serviced 2021)
- Ambassador rope cutters on shaft
- Engine and generator Racor filters parallel plumbed, with vacuum gauges
- SidePower tunnel bow thruster with joystick at pedestal with solid state upgrade kit added in 2021
- 220V/60Hz Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning - three zones giving a total of 48,000 BTUs
- U-Line B1-95 icemaker in galley
- Spectra Catalina watermaker (2018) with new lift pump, high pressure pump and mag drive (2021)
- Single GRP fuel tank -282 US gallons
- Single GRP water tank - 260 US gallons
- Tank tender gauge for fuel and water levels with calibration charts and backup dipsticks
- Water heater – 20 gallons (new 2015)
- Pressurized hot and cold water with twin pumps (new plumbing 2016)
- (2) PVC 20 gallon holding tanks with gravity discharge, Tech Edge level indicators and deck pump out
- New waste hosing 2015-2018
- Grey water: Showers and washbasins discharge into a sump tank, evacuated by (2) electric (24V) pumps directly overboard. Aft pump replaced 2021
- Sea chest manifold system for seawater inlets to reduce through-hull fittings
- Hot and cold freshwater deck shower in transom locker (replaced 2021)
- Freshwater anchor/deck wash, including 10’ hose with trigger spray and connections in anchor locker
- Whitlock cable steering system
- Jabsco automatic bilge pump
- Whale manual bilge pump for use in cockpit
Hull is hand laid up single skin GRP utilizing Isophthalic and vinylester resin gelcoat - compounded and waxed late 2022. The deck is teak overlaid on molded GRP sandwich laminate with end-grain balsa wood core and premium grade marine plywood in high load areas, glued and bolted to hull flange. Built to Lloyds approved design specification and to meet category A – Ocean of the EURCD (European Union Recreational Craft Directive). High performance bulb (HPB) external shoal keel with fully protected skeg-hung rudder built of molded GRP with stainless post and frame. In 2021 the rudder was dropped for service including new lower bearing and seals – rudder quadrant and brackets powdercoated at this time.
Topsides are white gelcoat with blue cove stripe and double blue boot stripes. In 2021 the bottom was soda blasted with new epoxy barrier coating applied followed by six coats of Coppercoat (10-year life expectancy) burnished with 320 grit – color blue.
DECK DETAILS AND EQUIPMENT
- Lewmar Ocean 3 vertical 24V electric anchor windlass with remote at helm
- Mantus M1 105 lb anchor, swivel and bridle (all new 2020) with 200’ all chain rode
- Fortress FX37 kedge anchor with nylon and chain rode
- Recessed anchor locker within the foredeck for chain stowage
- Stainless pulpit and pushpit
- Stern quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel
- Double stainless wire lifelines (new 2018) with side and stern gates
- Stainless bow, midship and stern chocks (8) total, with (10) stainless cleats
- Lewmar genoa and staysail tracks, lead cars and turning blocks
- GRP dorade boxes with (6) flexible cowls and stainless guards
- (4) Lewmar alloy-framed deck hatches
- (6) Gebo portholes on cabin side plus (1) in cockpit opening to galley
- (10) Gebo opening hullports
- Oyster custom vertical drop-down system for main companionway
- Teak-laid, self-draining cockpit
- Lewmar GRP helm pedestal incorporating a 48” diameter stainless leather covered steering wheel and friction brake
- Single lever throttle and shift control
- Custom mug holders at helm pedestal
- Gloss varnished solid teak cockpit table with folding leaves and insulated GRP box, cooled by a Frigomatic DC refrigeration unit
- Varnished teak cap rails (stripped and re-built with multiple coats, summer 2022)
- Large full-width lazarette locker with twin stainless steel gas struts
- Two built-in, self-draining deck stowage lockers aft – life raft in valise stowed in port locker
- Rod holder
- ‘Sugar scoop’ stern design with bathing platform trimmed with teak slats and stainless steps with teak treads for access to the stern deck
- Fold-down stainless swim ladder fitted with lanyard and retaining pin for retrieval/stowage
- Simpson S225 Series 7 electric davits (300 kg maximum load) with reinforced ends – lift lines and most components replaced 2021
- Large fold down companionway sprayhood/dodger with zip-up central window and stainless grab rail
- Custom bimini with sunshade curtains that zip on back
- Padded cockpit table cover (2022) with Velcro flap for access to refrigerated cool box
- Cockpit cushions
- Pushpit seat cushions
RIG and SAIL HANDLING
MAST and RIGGING
- Formula cutter rigged triple-spreader Hood mast with hydraulic in-mast furling (painted and re-wired 2018)
- Reckmann hydraulic headstay and staysail furling (headstay fully serviced by Reckmann 2021, staysail furler serviced in 2015)
- Stainless discontinuous 1x19 wire rigging
- Selden hydraulic backstay adjuster (new 2021)
- Manual rigid boom vang with control line in cockpit
- Jumper struts and running backstays
- Spinnaker pole stowed vertically on mast with two halyards, sheets, guys and blocks, topping lift and downhaul, with deck fittings to match
- All sheets and running backstays replaced 2020
- Lewmar 400 Commander system located in sail locker to operate headsail furling, staysail furling, windlass, mainsail furling and mainsail outhaul
- (2) Lewmar 66 CEST two speed, electric self-tailing primary winches
- (1) Lewmar 48 CEST electric self-tailing mainsheet winch
- (2) Lewmar 54 CST secondary winches
- (2) Lewmar 16 CST two speed, self-tailing mainsheet traveler control line winches
- (2) Lewmar 48 CST two speed, self-tailing main and genoa halyard winches
- North 3Di Endurance furling mainsail (2021)
- North 3Di Endurance furling 135% genoa (2021)
- North 3Di Endurance furling staysail (2021)
- North furling Helix gennaker with furler (2021)
- Code Zero sail (2015)
- Winslow 6-man life raft
- Ditch bag
- Horseshoe life ring
- (8) PFDs
- Ocean Signal 406 EPIRB
- Firdell blipper radar reflector on mast
- First aid kit
- Search light
- Emergency tiller
- Automatic Sea-Fire extinguisher system in engine space
- Solenoid safety switch in galley (new solenoid 2020)
- High water bilge alarm
- Siren Marine MTC+2 wireless monitoring system (2018)
- Dock lines and fenders with covers
- Assorted tools, spares and manuals
- Magma grill
- Galleyware, dishes, glassware
All personal belongings and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory are excluded from the sale.
Schedule A Showing
Speak To A Qualified Yacht Broker
Wellington Yacht Partners, LLC
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.
Schedule A Showing
Speak To A Qualified
Wellington Yacht Partners, LLC