NGALLA MAYA - 2007 55' 9" DISCOVERY Discovery 55
Port Geographe Western Australia Australia $950,000 AUD
Port Geographe Western Australia Australia
Ron Holland and built in Blighty, we know her well. Massively refettled of late including new Doyle sails, standing rigging, overhaul of main systems, new furnishings internally and covers externally - she is very ready for serious blue water adventures now. Sadly her owners' plans have changed so she seeks a new owner. Now lying in the extraordinarily beautiful waters of the Southern Hemisphere and she's even Australian tax paid. Perfect for all oceans.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2007 55' 9" DISCOVERY Discovery 55 Cruising Sailboat NGALLA MAYA yacht for sale in Port Geographe, Western Australia, Australia today!
Built to MCA Category 2 (up to 60 miles from a safe haven). RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”.
- Composite hull construction with end grain balsa core.
- Layer of kevlar from the bow to just aft of the keel.
- Non-pigmented gel coat is used below the waterline – helps prevent osmosis.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout – stronger and more resistant to osmosis.
- 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Hull gel coat in ‘Flag Blue’.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core.
- White gel coat with black painted window mullions.
- Teak capping rail & decks. Joined to the hull with epoxy paste and stainless bolts.
- All bulkheads are laminated into the deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kg (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 7’3” (2.23m) provides a ballast ratio of 42%.
- Semi balanced large kevlar reinforced rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp diesel engine with gearbox ratio of 2.68:1.
- Full walk-in engine room.
- Remotely accessed ducting shut off system.
- Sea water inlet manifold fabricated from stainless steel.
- Sea water strainers with metal bodies.
- All hoses ISO 7840 – to comply with MCA codings.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – 3,245 @ Feb 2020.
- Always serviced at recommended intervals or earlier.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit pedestal.
- Gori 2 speed, 3 bladed feathering propeller.
- Rope cutter to propeller shaft – AM15, 3-bladed.
- Maxpower 125 composite bowthruster.
- Leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Whitlock Mamba, solid rod steering system.
- Emergency tiller.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- 12v & 24v System.
- AC & DC distribution panel.
- Full electrical survey 2019. Required for Australian marinas.
- Aft Cabin – 12V socket either side of berth – 2 in total.
- Forward cabin – 12V socket either side of berth – 2 in total.
- Pullmans cabin – 12V socket to each berth – 2 in total.
- 12 x 2v sealed gel batteries for house providing 500 amp/hour at 24v.
- 1 x Start battery for engine.
- 1 x Start battery for generator.
- All batteries new 2017.
- House battery charging via shore power or generator.
- Victron Quattro charger.
- 24v to 12v dropper, 30 amp output to supply 12v equipment.
- 55 Ah 12v alternator for charging the start battery.
- 110 Ah 24v alternator for charging the main house batteries.
- Onan 11kva generator, 230v.
- Generator hours – 2,747 @ Feb 2020.
- Overhaul 2018.
- 32 amp shore power cable.
- 230v/50Hz Shore power.
- Shore power socket mounted in transom.
- 3kW Victron Quattro Inverter providing 230v/50 Hz.
- 470w Solar panels with associated regulators with custom mounts on top of davits.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water.
- Pressurized sea water for deck wash & electric toilets.
- Trademark Discovery cockpit bath.
- Water heater plumped to twin coil calorifier; diverter valves fitted to allow by-pass tank.
- New Seagull 1V freshwater filter at galley sink.
- Dockside water fill carbon and sediment filter.
- Shower and sink sump pump for forward and aft heads.
- Seafresh watermaker 105 litre per hour (H206A, 230V 50hz).
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- Additional main bilge pump with switching circuit breaker.
Grey & Black Water:
- 1 x Grey water tank
- 2 x Black water tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres in 3 x polyethylene tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Blackwater holding tanks.
- Total capacity of 160 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Storage for up to 3 gas bottles.
- Permanent gas supply to aft deck for rail mounted barbeque.
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch E95 plotter display at pedestal.
- i70 Raymarine multifunction display (2019).
- i60 Raymarine Tridata (2019).
- i50 Raymarine wind display (2019).
- i70 Raymarine multifunction instrument (2019).
- Raymarine Smartpilot X30 with ST7002 control head. Integrated with nav screens and wind. Control at helm, wireless control and wifi control via nav screens.
- Raymarine Digital HD radar (new).
- iPad holder for remote navigation in cockpit. Able to be sited to suit.
- Raymarine E165 hybrid touch screen.
- See Me active radar reflector.
- Furuno navtex.
- Raymarine Raystar 150 GPS (2018)including new GPS receiver on aft pole (2019).
- NMEA Digital air pressure sensor (2019).
- Raymarine 240 dual station VHF radio at helm and at nav station.
- Icom M801 24v with ATU 140 – includes insulated backstay and dynaplate earth– SSB (HF radio).
- Raymarine AIS 650 unit (upgraded).
- Fleet Broadband 250 – satellite communications, telephone and data. Not currently active.
- Digital Yacht 4G connect - GSM booster (2018).
- Digital Yacht iKommunicate - Boat WiFi and transmission of NMEA data (2018).
- Raymarine horn for system alarms (2019).
- WiFi booster antenna on aft pole (2019).
- Wifi and data compression system that links with satellite communications (allowing remote email / data access from an iPad etc.). Installed but not connected.
- Discovery owner manuals & manufacturer manuals all in digital form (can be used as a library on an iPad).
Note: Owners were able to download emails, weather files etc. to an iPad over wifi. iPad ran the yachts polars for weather routing. All this is available to new owners.
- Bosch household sized washing machine.
- Large front opening fridge for easy access (300 litres/10.4 cu.ft).
- Large front opening freezer (170 litres/6 cu.ft).
- GN Enspace 4 burner gas cooker & oven with 4 way gimbal.
- Microwave removed and cupboard used as storage but microwave can easily be refitted.
- Wet locker in galley beneath microwave cupboard now shelved but again can easily be converted back.
- Hot/cold freshwater shower on aft deck to wash down after your swim.
- Electric WC forward heads – Tecma with fresh water and sea water flushing.
- Electric WC aft heads – Tecma with fresh and sea water flushing.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher Hydronic M10 central heating.
- Full tropical air conditioning (1 x 10k BTU forward, 1 x 12k BTU aft, 1 x 16k BTU saloon).
- Fans fitted to all three cabins & saloon (2 x saloon, 2 x in aft cabin, 2 x in forward cabin and 2 x in pullman cabin). 2 saloon fans are new 2018 and unused.
- Ventilation grill fitted adjacent to the battery compartment, as required for MCA purposes.
- Upgraded stereo with Bluetooth streaming and Bose speakers throughout.
- Separate amp for the stereo.
- LED wide screen TV in saloon and LCD TV in aft cabin.
- Apple TV with streaming system.
- Masthead TV antenna complete with gain control.
- Lights in deck lockers.
- LED & halogen lighting.
- Red night lights throughout.
- Navigation lights upgraded to LED Lopo lights (port, starboard and stern light).
- Mast lights upgraded to LED Hella (tri-colour & anchor, steaming) (2015).
- New above sink lights in galley (2019).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Standard joinery in maple.
- New faux leather upholstery 2018.
- Wood effect flooring throughout, teak.
- New Houdini single glazed windows in main saloon with 3M UV tint. New Dec 2017.
- All main saloon windows are toughened safety glass.
- Mosquito screens for all Lewmar portlights. Some screens replaced 2018.
- Oceanair mosquito screens and blinds for sleeping cabin hatches (aft, pullmans and forward cabins).
- Heated towel rails installed in both heads; electric with timer switches.
- Opening port lights in hull – positive locking method required for MCA coding.
- Front opening windows in saloon.
- Deadlights fabricated for MCA requirements.
- New removable floor covers.
Main Forward Cabin:
- Double bed raised, with split mattress. Island berth, head forward. New latex mattress 2018.
- Partitioning bulkhead forward of the port light.
- Central lee cloth.
- 1 x Opening hatch with mosquito screen and blind.
- 2 x Opening port lights.
- Dorade vent.
- Wardrobe port, shelves starboard, drawers beneath bunk.
- Large storage locker beneath bunk.
- Fiddle incorporated above shelf.
- Starboard wardrobe has hanging rail fitted to allow dual use by removing the shelves.
- Set of bunks.
- Lee cloths.
- Drawers, shelving and hanging locker.
- Concealed sky screens.
- 1 x Opening portlight.
- GRP moulded units.
- Corian surfaces with moulded sinks.
- Seats in all showers.
- Wall mounted soap & Shampoo dispensers & tooth brush cup.
- Blinds to 2 x opening portlights.
- Modern galley design.
- 3 draws with custom lining able to be adjusted to hold different layouts of plates, cups etc.
- Large pantry area. Cupboards reworked 2019.
- Wet locker at aft end of galley is currently used as a cupboard but could be put back easily.
- Dish drying area with removable stone top panels.
- Glass and bottle stowage included; Perspex shelves can be removed easily.
- Curtains fitted to all saloon windows. New 2018.
- Saloon table top to have adjustable height so that it can be used as a supplementary berth (not including mattress).
- Huge storage areas allowing for long term provisioning (for long distance cruising).
- Raised navigation seat providing panoramic vision. Seat upholstery replaced 2017.
- Red night light.
- All communications within arm’s reach.
- Work desk / nav station with large amounts of storage at hand.
- Rewired 2017.
- King size double berth with split latex mattress (2018).
- 3 x Lee cloths.
- 2 x Hanging cupboards.
- En-suite head.
- 1 x Opening hatches.
- 2 x Opening side ports.
- 2 x Dorade vents.
- Curtains (New 2018) fitted to hull port lights, mosquito screen & blind on hatch.
- TV / DVD to port side.
- Stereo / CD / iPod connection on port side, speakers in ceiling.
- Aft cabin low level opening portlight to transom.
- Additional hanging locker to starboard in place of standard seat.
- Neat tidy engine room, very well presented demonstrating the maintenance performed.
- Everything is within easy reach and designed with access and maintenance in mind.
- Remote camera monitoring of engine room and water maker to mobile device (2018).
- Deep centre cockpit.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Deep shaped seat backs.
- Varnished cockpit table (12 coats of varnish).
- Trademark Discovery bath tub.
- I: 71’7” / 21.83m.
- J: 20’4” / 6.21m.
- P: 63’5” / 19.33m.
- E: 22’3” / 6.78m.
- Air Draft: 77’2” / 23.52m.
- Anodised Selden twin spreader aluminium mast and boom (White powder coated).
- Lewmar mainsheet traveller track.
- Lewmar traveller for self-tacking Jib.
- Electric in-mast furling.
- New Selden furling drums - unused.
- Lewmar turning blocks. Most blocks replaced 2018.
- Standing rigging – 1 x 19 stainless steel wire in swaged terminals (2017).
- Spinnaker pole deck fittings for 4.8m and 5m twistle poles.
- Spinnaker guy blocks – 130mm Lewmar single racing blocks with attached screw in pad eyes.
- Spinnaker sheets, guys and pole downhaul lines.
- Selden in-boom preventer system.
- Spinnaker Halyard 1 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Spinnaker Halyard 2 – Halyard, splice and swiveling snap shackle, cranked top bracket, block and spinlock jammer.
- Loud hailer fitted to mast.
- Genoa track with additional car and stopper for Yankee.
- Chain plate for staysail.
- Twin headsail rig has been chosen to include inner forestay.
- Inner forestay for self-tacking working jib.
- Staysail wire removed but easily replaced with a removeable staysail system for use with a storm jib or staysail as required.
- Associated rigging for genoa, including furlex, foil, forestay, halyard, sheets, sheave, mast, track, additional turning block and stopper.
- 2 x Furlex manual furling drums (2020).
- Selden rod kick boom vang in white.
- 2 x Spinnaker poles, one mounted on deck, other mounted on mast – two spinnaker pole sockets on mast track.
- Firdell blipper radar reflector fitted to mast.
- Isolated backstay for SSB.
- All Andersen stainless steel winches.
- Electric mainsheet winch.
- Electric primary winches.
- Electric central control winch at companionway.
- Doyle Mainsail – radial cut, full length vertical battens (2019).
- Kemp up wind self-tacking jib on inner stay. (2019) Unused.
- Kemp Genoa, cross cut. (2019) Unused.
- MPS furl away asymmetrical spinnaker.
- All associated deck gear and running rigging for spinnaker.
- Bowsprit for furling asymmetrical spinnaker.
- Bathing ladder.
- Deep self-draining chain locker.
- Large sail locker.
- Stainless pulpit with teak seats.
- Stainless pushpit rail with teak seats.
- Stainless stanchions with higher than standard guard rail; guard wires in stainless steel.
- Stainless guardrails over dorade boxes.
- Deck hatches hinged on aft face to allow maximum ventilation, forward hatch hinge toward bow for safety.
- Antenna post to starboard incorporating stern light, Fleet Broadband 250, Navtex, wifi, GSM boosters and GPS.
- Cockpit table with modified stainless steel grab and toe rails, cup holders and storage inside.
- Stainless steel rubbing strip on gunwale, adjacent to cleats.
- Side ladder with mounts.
- Teak grating for aft cockpit floor area.
- Passerelle, three piece folding gangway model 931.650 – 2.5m, with two sockets.
- Shelves in lazarettes run fore and aft, high up against the hull in each side locker; sized to carry an engine oil container and cleaning products.
- Plastic cleats with lanyards fitted to all 3 deck lockers to hang warps.
- Custom stainless mounts on the davits.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 55kg Spade Anchor with Discovery modified bow roller (upgraded).
- Anchor chain upgraded to 100m (2018).
- Kedge anchor support on stern rail etc.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor.
- 10m of chain, 50m octoplait nylon warp for kedge anchor.
- Windlass upgraded to include drum.
- Remote control for anchor windlass on pedestal.
- Chain markers for main anchor chain, Colour markers at every 10m.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood (2017).
- Bimini top (2017).
- Cockpit side and aft curtains plus exterior window shades (2017).
- Full set of cockpit seat cushions (2017).
- Partial boat cover (not in great shape).
- Canvas work largely replaced (2017).
Tender & Outboard:
- Manually operated davits (175kg) with custom mounts for solar panels and standup paddle board racks (removable). Internal davit ropes replaced with spectra (2020).
- Custom built, Swift 340 dinghy hypalon tubes and alloy hull (built to be super lightweight).
- Suzuki 15hp (2019).
- Zodiac Liferaft mounted on aft rail, stainless steel mounting, hydrostatic release.
- Raymarine Lifetag system inegrarted into nav screens displays, 8 x Lifetags.
- 406 GPS EPIRB.
- Grab bag.
- Jon Bouy MOB recovery system.
- Strong webbing Jackstays.
- Audible alarm fitted internally to pedestal and linked to main bilge pump.
- Raymarine audible remote alarm (2019).
- Carbon monoxide sensor in aft cabin (2019).
- Automatic fire extinguisher fitted in the engine room. Dry power out of date.
- Fire extinguishers point fitted under galley sink for MCA purposes.
- Wireless smoke alarm system fitted to all cabins and engine room (upgraded).
- Fire extinguishers in all cabins (2019).
Note: NGALLA MAYAcarries a comprehensive inventory of spare.