2001 50' 4" RIVAL BOWMAN Cruising Sailboat Bowman 48DS Lymington United Kingdom £235,000 GBP
2001 50' 4" RIVAL BOWMAN Cruising Sailboat Bowman 48DS Lymington United Kingdom
Chuck Paine and the best of British in 2001, we know her well. This Bowman 48DS has taken this owner around the planet in comfort and safety with much of the passage accomplished single handed. During her voyage she stopped off for new paint and some updates. She is now ashore at Berthon UK for a refit to prepare her for her new owners’ adventures - new flexideck ring deck, a full refresh of her interior with some new veneering, new heads compartments and headlinings and a full review of her systems. The perfect conveyance for world cruising, she is compact enough to sail locally and is easy to handle, and rewarding to sail.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2001 50' 4" RIVAL BOWMAN Bowman 48DS Cruising Sailboat Cutter LYDIA yacht for sale in Lymington, United Kingdom today!
One of the most outstanding ocean going yachts in her class, the Bowman 48 has shown herself to be, "A sailing yacht designed to go anywhere, at any time, without problems", that is how the international yachting magazine, "Yacht Premier", described the experience of test sailing the Bowman 48. This is a yacht which has been designed by one of the world's top cruising designers, Chuck Paine, and built by craftsmen who understand the needs of serious cruising yachtsmen.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid GRP hull with isophtalic resin; epoxy coated below waterline.
- Hull Colour: Flag Blue painted 2019.
- GRP superstructure, in off white.
- Teak external trim.
- Teak laid cockpit.
- Flexi teak ring deck 2021.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel, bolted externally.
- Skeg hung Grp foamed filled rudder on 2’’ stainless stock.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins M92 64kW diesel engine.
- Hurth HSW 450A reduction gearbox; 2.04:1.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 9 knots.
- Fuel Consumption: approx. 8 litres per hour (at cruising speed).
- Cruising Range: c. 750nm; extended as additional fuel tank fitted in lieu of forward water tank (watermaker plus 2 x water tanks fitted).
- Aquadrive replaced 2017.
- Fully overhauled 2021.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 3-bladed propeller.
- One wheel (Edson) cable steering with new chain 2019.
- Hydrovane self-steering system 2016.
- Bowthruster – sidepower 2020.
- 6 x Sevice Batteries in 2 x 24v banks of 315 amp hrs replaced 2020.
- 2 x Engine batteries for 24v working replaced 2020.
- 1 x dedicated 12v 120amp hr heavy duty battery for genset replaced 2020.
- All batteries have securing straps.
- 24v 150 watt inverter battery charger.
- 2 x Engine batteries; 24v bank.
- Fischer Panda PMS 400DS FC – 3.8kW/4.5Kva genset, 2014, with dedicated 12v 120amp hr heavy duty battery new 2020.
- All overhauled 2021.
- 220v Shore power with ring main.
- Bimini with 2 x solar panels 2017.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from calorifier with 220v immersion new 2021.
- Engine plumbed to heat water.
- Spectra Cape Horn Extreme.
- Electric main bilge.
- Electric forward sail locker.
- Manual main bilge.
- Manual forward sail locker.
- All overhauled 2021
- 2 x Tanks aft for fuel – 50 gallons / 227 litres each – plus forward fuel tank – 70 gallons / 319 litres. Total capacity of 772 litres.
- Total capacity of 522 litres / 115 gallons in 2 x tanks (318 & 204 litres respectively).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Grey and black water holding tank to forward and aft heads, and galley; replaced in polycarbonate 2014.
- Raymarine EV400 Sail autopilot 2018.
- Raymarine E80 color radar/chart plotter display.
- Raymarine closed-array radar scanner at mast.
- Raymarine E80 colour radar/chart plotter display.
- B&G Hydra 2000 wind/speed/depth multi repeater replaced 2020.
- B&G Synchro wind speed indicator replaced 2020.
- B&G Synchro wind direction indicator replaced 2020.
At chart Table:
- Raymarine E80 color radar/chart plotter display.
- Raymarine RN300 GPS display.
- Icom IC-M505 VHF with DSC.
- Icom IC-M710 SSB.
- Raymarine AIS 700 Class B transceiver 2018.
- Taylor 041 gas cooker; overhauled 2014.
- Isotherm electric water cooled refrigeration system; refrigerator also.
- Isotherm electric water cooled deep freeze.
- 2 x Jabsco manual WCs.
- 2 x Showers.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher airtronic D5 central heating 2020.
- 10 opening hatches.
- 4 x stainless Dorade vents with Stainless crash bars.
- 24v deck head and reading lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Teak (matt varnish) interior finish. Interior refurbished 2021.
- Teak veneered bulkheads with solid teak trim throughout, with upholstery new 2014.
- Teak and holly sole boards.
- Offset double berth to port in forepeak with dressing table and hanging stowage. Roll out pilot berth above, on port, also.
- Forward heads to port, stowage to starboard.
- Luxury saloon with settee berths to port.
- Starboard settee replaced by deep freeze, bin and drawer storage.
- Twin roll out pilot berths on port and starboard sides.
- Large teak saloon table.
- Well-appointed galley.
- Navigation area with chart table to suit ½ admiralty chart.
- Large hanging locker.
- Work bench and tool store aft of navigation area.
- Aft master cabin with double berth an en-suite heads and shower.
- Cutter-headed sloop with Schaefer furling gear on headsail stripped and repainted by Berthon in 2014.
- Selden spars stripped and repainted by Berthon 2014.
- Stainless steel standing rigging and running rigging replaced 2014. New intermediate shrouds 2018.
- Harken backstay adjuster.
- Twin mast stowing spinnaker poles.
- Cross rod kicker.
- Insulated backstay.
- Leisure Furl in boom furling.
- Twin carbon spinnaker poles and double head sail rig.
- Twin mechanical back stays.
- Mast steps.
- Selden rod kicker.
- 2 x Lewmar 64 EST primaries electric.
- 2 x Lewmar 54 EST secondaries electric.
- 3 x Lewmar 44 EST electric halyard and main sheet.
- Sanders fully battened mainsail 2021.
- Sanders yankee 2021.
- Sanders staysail 2014.
- Sanders cruising chute 2014.
- Hood storm staysail in Dacron Dayglow Orange.
- Pulpit, pushpit, guard rails, bathing ladder and boarding gates.
- Transom steps.
- Outboard hoist.
- Teak outboard bracket x 2.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar Ocean electric windlass.
- 2 x Anchors; 1 x 35kg Spade and 1 x 20kg CQR.
- 60m chain and 15m warp 2014
- Transom mounted anchor roller.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- New cockpit frame, sprayhood, bimini 2017.
- Ocean Safety 6 man liferaft.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room (2004).
- Fire blanket.
- 3 x Fire extinguishers.