1978 49' 3" NORDIA Cruising Sailboat Nordia 45 Beaulieu United Kingdom £125,000 GBP
1978 49' 3" NORDIA Cruising Sailboat Nordia 45 Beaulieu United Kingdom
A proper little ship from 1978. Nordia 45 CONSTANTIA has been far and wide and very well cared for in her current 10 year ownership. With all the mod cons - she provides an incredible platform for living and cruising on with ample space above and below decks. The protection her pilothouse offers is second to none!
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1978 49' 3" NORDIA Nordia 45 Cruising Sailboat CONSTANTIA yacht for sale in Beaulieu, United Kingdom today!
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Corten steel hull. 2021 ultrasound readings available, all 3.9mm plus.
- Hull, transom, deck, rudder - all built in 4mm steel. Superstructure built in 3-4mm.
- Round bilge.
- Teak laid decks (1991). When new – 18mm thick with 12mm underlay.
- Blue painted hull.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel built in 10mm steel.
- Long keel.
- 9.5 tonne iron ballast.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x 80hp Mercedes OM601 (1992).
- 2 x ZF Hurth marine HBW 360-3R gearboxes.
- Oil lubricated shafts.
- New starter motors and alternators (2020).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 1,553 and 1,562 as of July 2021.
- Engine last serviced: July 2021.
- Cruising speed – approx 6.5 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 8.5 knots.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 3.5 litres per hour, each engine.
- Range between 800 and 1000nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 x 3-bladed fixed propellors, stainless steel.
- Bow thruster (motor replaced 2021).
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and shorepower.
- 2 x 120Ah gel engine start batteries (2020).
- 2 x 140Ah gel start battries to power windlass and furling system (2020).
- 4 x 120Ah gel domestic batteries (2020).
- 1 x Generator start battery – lead acid (2018).
- Victron generator battery charger.
- Mastervolt 100 24volt battery charger linked to gel service batteries (2020).
- 2 x 12v engine alternators (2020).
- Fisher Panda 6.3KVA (2010).
- Overhauled and replacement solenoid fitted 2021.
- Generator hours – approx 480 as of July 2021.
- Generator last serviced: April 2021.
- 220v shore power connection.
- Mastervolt inverter linked to gel service batteries.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Plumbing for washing machine.
- New washing machine available. Currently uninstalled.
- Sea Recovery AVM400-1 64 L/hour.
- Unused in this ownership and currently decommissioned.
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- 1,200L in 1 x Mild steel tanks.
- 1,200L in 2 x Mild steel interconnecting tanks (formed by the hull sides and baffled).
- 1 x Polythene water tank connected to a floor pump at the galley sink (located stern cabin).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Stainless steel tank beneath forward port bunk could possible be used as a holding tank if necessary (currently used to supply water to manual pump to the forward wash basin).
- Furuno Navnet radar/chartplotter.
- AIS transponder.
- 2 x Autopilots.
- Furuno Navpilot 500.
- Necco NM692.
- Logic log, compass, wind, depth.
- Raytheon rudder indicator.
- Sestral magnetic compass.
- Furuno GP 32 GPS.
- Nasa Navtex pro receiver.
At chart table:
- Furuno GPS.
- Furuno AIS transceiver.
- Force 10 oven.
- 147L Isotherm sea water cooled fridge (compressor refurb 2021).
- 64L sea water cooled freezer (compressor refurb 2021).
- Lavac Taylors baby Blake manual head.
Heating & Ventilation:
- CLD Air-con (unused in this ownership; unsure if operational).
- Vtex TV with DVD player.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 berths in 2 cabins + saloon.
- Interior finish in mahogony on marine ply, good condition.
- Sole boards in holly and mahogany on marine ply, good condition.
- Headlining material from Noridas and Jongerts, good condition.
- 1.9m headroom.
- Twin bunks in V formation in forward cabin.
- Double berth in owner’s cabin amidships.
- Above the nav. station there is a pull out canvas passage berth.
- 2 x New berth cushions covered in blue fabric and piped to serve as berths/seating in the deck house. Both tailored to the teak seats and currently stored in the forward cabin.
- In the aft saloon, there is a berth above the seating by the transom window.
- Thus it is possible to sleep up to 8 in comfort.
- Quality mattresses in cabins, replaced in this ownership.
- Owner's cabin has an ergonomically designed wood frame slats beneath which makes for a comfortable bed.
- All coverings are either in good order or virtually new condition
- Ketch rigged.
- Aluminium mast (1993).
- Hood/Rondal hydro in mast furling (1992) overhauled (2007).
- Hydraulic furling genoa.
- 2 x Andersen 52 ST genoa winches.
- 2 x Andersen 46 ST staysail winches.
- 3 x Goyot halyard winches on main mast.
- 1 x Lewmar 44 ST halyard winch on mainmast.
- 1 x Andersen 46 ST furling winch.
- Mizzen 1 Goyot and a Lewmar 8 reef.
- In-mast furling main of 29.6 m2 (9,52 Oz).
- Furling jib 35.2 m2 (8,4 Oz).
- Furling inner staysail 19.2 m2 (9,4 Oz).
- Mizzen 15.2 m2 (8,52 Oz).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Loftrans Tigress 1000 24 volt electric windlass.
- 100m of 10mm chain.
- 1 x Delta anchor on bow.
- 1 x CQR anchor on bow.
- 1 x Fishermans anchor stored in chocks on the bow.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cream canvas cockpit enclosure.
Tender & Outboard:
- Simpson transom mounted davits.
- Avon dinghy.
- Yamaha 4hp 4 stroke.
- 4 x Life jackets.
- 1 x Life raft (out of service).
- 4 x Fire extinguishers.