AYALAS - 2006 45' 11" NAUTOR'S SWAN Nautor Swan 46
Marco Island Florida United States $425,000 USD
Marco Island Florida United States
The sibling to the very successful Swan 54 and an expansion to the sweet spot that Nautor hit with their earlier models of the Swan 46, this is a rare opportunity to own one of the 24 “next gen” Swan 46s built.
As one would expect from a builder of Nautor’s caliber, their improvements to earlier models of this size are evident everywhere. A large step through twin wheel cockpit with long seating combined with the lack of a traveller allow for free movement to all the sailing controls as well as easy access to the interior through the step down companionway. Moving aft and flipping up the centerline helm seat, there is a fold down transom swim platform that also makes a convenient dinghy boarding area.
Electric winches, a Leisure Furl mainsail boom and powerful MaxPower bow thruster makes this sporty yacht any single handers dream cruiser while there is still plenty of space and cabins for extended cruising for two couples plus for overnight regattas.
Launched in 2006 and lightly used, AYALAS is in excellent condition throughout. After her arrival to the US aboard a ship from the Med, she was treated to a lengthy yard period taking care of scheduled maintenance. With the mast unstepped, all of the rod rigging was replaced and sails serviced the winter of 2020. The aft swept spreaders were repainted, mast polished and the furling boom and headsail furler were serviced. The engine and sail drive was also serviced during this 2020 yard period. A new bow thruster control module and position sensors were installed.
Also in 2020, the aramid inner forestay and running backstays were replaced and the staysail converted to soft hanks.
Her uncluttered teak decks are in very good condition and all halyards and sail control lines from the mast are lead below the deckhouse non-skid top. The huge bow locker below a gasketed hatch is large enough to stow sails along with other gear.
Down below is classic satin finished teak woodworking that has kept the Swan name on a short list of premier yacht builders. The modern lines of this Germán Frers design offers a wide stern, which works well to accommodate 2 comfortable aft cabins with lots of locker space. Stepping down below, there is a large galley on starboard with double basins on centerline. To port is a large head compartment that includes a nice wet locker for the foulies, a Corian top, basin and enough elbowroom for a proper shower.
A comfy saloon with a large table to port with a double seating area and chart table to starboard. Just forward of the mast is a full width owners cabin with the double berth to port and a desk with chair to starboard. Forward of this cabin is a full width head and shower.
This Swan 46 offers high quality, beautiful aesthetics and performance that is not easily found in this size range on a new yacht.
Built to CE A Ocean classification.
- Single skin solid GRP lay up with foam cored longitudinal stringers.
- NGS 9650 white gel-coat exterior finish.
- Cove and boot top striping of Norpol 7344 blue gel coat.
- Deck is of a sandwich construction using multi axial isophthalic polyester GRP with a low density closed cell foam coring and is bonded to the hull flange.
- 3/8” teak decking in cockpit, swim platform and weather decks.
- Solid teak toerails.
- Molded in non-skid on deckhouse top.
- Raised molded in GRP base for dodger.
- Norpol 7344 dark blue cabin side accent stripe.
Keel & Rudder:
- External thru-bolted lead keel with antimony and stainless steel keel bolts.
- Tapered balanced spade rudder.
- Foam filled GRP skinned blade with a high-tensile stainless steel rudder stock.
- P3 rudder bearing.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta D2-55 (55 Hp / 41 kW).
- Volvo Saildrive, saildrive water seal bellows replaced 2020.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Main engine hours: 843.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 18” Flex-O-Fold 3 blade prop.
- MaxPower VIP 150 retractable 24V bow thruster. New controller 2020.
- JP3 chain to wire steering system.
- Twin steering pedestals with 1.05 mtr SS wheels and brake.
- Anodized aluminum emergency tiller stowed in lazzerette.
- Ray Marine 7000 autopilot system with a type 3 hydraulic drive.
- 24 and 12 volt DC systems.
- 220V AC shore power system with transformer to convert to US 240V power.
- RCD protected and reverse polarity detection.
- 24 volt service bank.
- 24 volt bow thruster batteries installed below forward berth.
- 12 volt AGM engine start battery.
- 25A charger for bow thruster bank.
- Mastervolt 50A charger with remote control display at breaker panel.
- Mastervolt 110A 24V service alternator with 3 step smart regulator.
- 60A 12V alternator for engine start battery.
- Mastervolt Mass Sine 24/2500 inverter.
- 24 to 12 volt converters for 12 volt service electronics.
- Safety “kill” button to shut off power winches and windlass in cockpit.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot & cold freshwater system.
- Manual hot & cold freshwater supplied by foot pump at galley.
- 40 ltr water heater working on shore power or heat exchanger from the engine.
- Oras single lever mixers at galley and in heads.
- Deck shower with hot & cold mixer below helm seat.
- Seawater foot pump and basin spout at galley.
- Anchor rode wash down pump and supply in foredeck locker.
- Seawater supply to electric toilets.
- 3 Whale Titan 100 ltr / min manual bilge pumps.
- 1 electric bilge pumps
- 344 ltr (91 US gallons) in 3 SS tanks.
- Fuel manifold with valves for supply and return.
- Fuel level gauge with tank selector switch.
- 500 ltr (132 US gallons) in 3 SS tanks.
- Water tank manifold with separate valves.
- Water level gauge with tank selector switch.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 1, 60 ltr (16 US gallons) SS holding tank with “Y” valve for forward toilet.
- 1, 48 ltr (13 US gallons) SS holding tank with “Y” valve for aft toilet.
- Both forward and aft head shower/basin sumps emptied by an electric pump.
- Raymarine ST60 sailing, boat speed and depth instruments.
- Fore & aft depth transducers.
- Raymarine E120 Radar/Plotter at chart table.
- Raymarine E90 mounted on starboard side pedestal.
- Raymarine S3G Autopilot course computer with control head on steering pedestal and remote at chart table.
- Simrad RS87 VHF radio with cockpit speaker.
- AIS with new masthead antenna (2020).
- Raymarine radar.
- 2, 130mm Suunto pedestal compasses.
- Double stainless steel galley sinks.
- 3 burner Force 10 stainless steel gimbaled propane stove & oven.
- 2, 10 lb aluminum propane bottles in vented cockpit locker (new 2020).
- Propane solenoid switch and gas detector in galley.
- Nespresso espresso maker.
- 2 DC refrigeration units, 1 front access and 1 top access.
- Corian countertops.
- 2 heads with showers, fore & aft.
- Raritan PHEII electric toilets.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Blue Cool Premium 30,000 BTU/8.8 Kw air-conditioning with reverse cycle heating.
- Temperature in all cabins.
- Exhaust blowers in each head.
- Exhaust vent over stove.
- Opening ports in aft heads, galley and aft cabins.
- 3 opening deck hatches with sun shades and insect screens.
- Sony MEX-R1 FM/CD/DVD/MP3 player in saloon.
- Sony KLV S19 TV for DVD playback.
- 2 B&W CCM50 speakers in saloon.
- 2 Polyplanner MA-5104 cockpit speakers.
- Reading lights on bulkheads in saloon and at the head of each berth.
- Recessed overhead lights in each cabin, saloon, galley and heads.
- Red night lighting.
- Flexible light at chart table.
- Boom light for cockpit.
- New Hella masthead anchor light with LED bulb.
- Aqua Signal Series 32 LED navigation lights.
- Spreader lights on lower spreaders.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 1 single and 2 double berths in 3 cabins excluding the saloon.
- Satin finish teak woodwork throughout with a teak & oak veneered marine plywood cabin sole
- Nautor design laminated teak fiddles and handrails.
- 3 accesses to engine area.
- Book shelfs port & starboard in saloon, starboard side in owner’s cabin.
- Curtains for deckhouse port lights.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Large foredeck locker for sails, line and misc. gear.
- Watertight collision bulkhead.
- Forward head & shower with mirrored locker and linen storage.
- Large wardrobe forward with full-length mirror.
- Double berth to port with outboard lockers and shelf.
- Starboard side desk with chair and bookshelves.
- Starboard side additional wardrobe.
- L shape settee port side with large dining table with inlay.
- Small locker center forward with teak top.
- 2 large lockers port side with bookshelf between.
- 2 single settees with storage below separated by the chart table.
- Fixed TV, navigation instruments and radios aft on starboard side.
- Double high polish stainless steel sinks.
- Seawater spout for foot pump.
- Clear plexiglass splash guard forward of galley sinks.
- White Corian counter tops with Corian fiddles around stove.
- Stainless steel stove insert.
- Top and front access refrigeration units.
- Sliding door storage starboard outboard behind stove.
- Exhaust blower over stove with washable SS filter.
- Dish locker above sinks.
- Upper outboard lockers starboard side.
- Large locker above aft refrigeration.
Aft Day Head:
- Port side across from the galley is a large day head with a wet locker and shower.
- Mirrored cabinet.
- White Corian counter top.
- Port side aft cabin has a wide single berth with a forward inboard seat.
- Wardrobe converted with shelving for stores and medical supplies.
- Large stowage below berths.
- Engine access panels port & starboard cabins.
- Starboard aft cabin has a double berth.
- Wardrobe forward in starboard cabin.
- Very large storage areas inboard starboard cabin below cockpit.
- Double swept spreader Offshore Spars tapered aluminum mast.
- Navtec Nitronic 50 discontinuous rod rigging with tip cups (new 2020).
- Navtec C550 turnbuckles (new 2020).
- Leisure Furl mainsail boom (Serviced 2020).
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang.
- Twin Navtec hydraulic backstay cylinders.
- Navtec System 5 hydraulic selector pump panel.
- Stainless Steel chainplates.
- Black wrapped pultruded Kevlar running backstays (new 2020).
- Black wrapped pultruded Kevlar IFS with Wichard ratcheting tensioner.
- Harken headsail furler with below deck line drum.
- Harken Black Magic deck blocks.
- Harken jib cars and track.
- Jib car towing set-up to a Spinlock XCS line clutch.
- Lewmar line clutches for halyards and control lines.
- 2 Spinlock XX0812-XXB for mainsheet port & starboard.
- Wichard folding padeyes for staysail.
- 2 Lewmar 54 AEST electric primary.
- 2 Lewmar 48 AEST electric for halyards.
- 1 Lewmar 50 AEST electric P side for mainsheet.
- 1 Lewmar 50 AST manual Stbd side for mainsheet.
- New winch buttons 2020.
- Lofrans 1500 electric windlass with chain counter and spare remote control.
- 4, 10” winch handles.
- Hood BiStar DWX Dyneema full batten mainsail 2006.
- Hood BiStar DWX 104% jib with sunshield 2006.
- Hood Code 2 MPS 155m sq.
- Hood 19m sq. safety orange Dacron staysail 2006.
- Soft hanks installed on staysail 2020.
- SS crash bar over steering compasses.
- Removable varnished teak folding cockpit table with stowage bag.
- Long SS grab rails on each side of deckhouse and companionway.
- Drop down companionway washboard.
- SS & teak ladder for swim platform stowed in lazarette.
- Bosun’s chair.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- SS hull guards for mooring lines.
- Midship mooring line cleats
- Single Nautor bow roller.
- Delta stainless steel anchor.
- Stainless steel anchor chain.
- Fortress FX-37 secondary anchor.
- Multiple long, large diameter dock-lines with eye splices.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Custom SS hinged anchor hawse cover.
- Large Fixafell dodger.
- Padded canvas bag for cockpit table.
- Mainsail boom cover (new 2020).
- Wheel and pedestal covers.
- Cockpit seating cushions.
- 1 x 19 SS wire uncovered lifelines.
- Port & starboard and stern lifeline gates.
- Wichard folding padeyes in cockpit for harnesses.
- Stern rail bracket for 6 man life raft.
- LifeSling for stern rail
- 6 man Viking canister life raft (new 2020).
- Fixed engine room fire extinguisher (new 2020).
- Galley fire blanket.
- Portable fire extinguishers.