CELERITAS - 1998 44' CONTEST Contest 44 S
Rye New York United States $199,000 USD
Rye New York United States
Contest 44 S CELERITAS is a true example of a classic bluewater cruiser. Built according to Lloyd’s specifications, and to Contest Yachts renowned high build standard, these yachts are seen cruising the world over. The current owner bought her in Holland, from the Contest yard - when the boat was about 4 years old. She was shipped to the States, and has sailed in the North East since then, being based in New Rochelle, NY. Most years she was wintered ashore, under shrink-wrap.
With her hydraulic powered in-mast furling main, and roller furling headsail, CELERITAS is a very easy boat to sail shorthanded. The interior is roomy and has two spacious staterooms with two heads and showers. The aft owner’s cabin has a centreline bed. The joinery is beautifully done in teak.
Engine access to the 100hp Volvo is via two large removable panels on the starboard side in the passageway aft.
On deck, the centre cockpit is deep and protected, and has a fixed windscreen at the forward end. The teak decks are in good condition. The stern has a built in swim platform.
Boat is being offered for sale with full galley equipment, tools and spares, so is ready for immediate cruising!
CE-category Ocean going.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull shape round bilged sandwich built hull.
- Teak laid on GRP deck.
- Centre cockpit.
- Fixed windshield.
- Bathing platform.
- 4 x Opening Lewmar deck hatches.
Keel & Rudder:
- Winged keel.
- Rudder semi-balanced rudder in skeg.
- Wheel steering.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta 100 HP.
- Volvo TMD 31L.
- Fresh water cooling.
- Turbo charged.
- Lead foam noise insulated engine compartment.
- Thrust bearing (Aquadrive type).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours approx. 1,500 hours.
- Cruising speed approx. 7 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Whitlock wheel steering with rod linkages.
- 3-blade Maxprop.
- Sleipner 10HP bowthruster.
- 12v ships service.
- 110v/220 v shore power.
- Shore power is 110v 30Amp for the US.
- 5 AGM batteries. 3 x service 105ah + 2 ''Blue top'' 100 ah.
- Victron 12/50 battery charger.
- 220v to 110v converter.
- 2 alternators.
- Shorepower 110V and 220V.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water via engine and shorepower.
- 2 independently plumbed 3000gph automatic bilge pumps.
- Manual bilge pump, located in cockpit.
- Fuel tanks approx. 340L fuel in stainless steel tank.
- Water tank & material Approx. 620 L. 2 plastic tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Wastewater tank holding tanks fore and aft for each toilet.
- Compass B&G Hydra pack.
- Log/speed B&G Hydra pack.
- Depth gauge B&G Hydra pack.
- Wind gauge B&G Hydra pack.
- Autopilot B&G autopilot with remote control.
- Radar Furuno 1821.
- GPS Philips MK 10 GPS.
- VHF Sailor VHf with cockpit speaker.
- Weatherfax/Navtex Navtex Fastnet receiver.
- Chart plotter B&G Zeus 12 chartplotter integrated to instruments, incl. AIS receiver.
- Handheld VHF.
- 2-burner stove with stove and oven electronic remote gas shut-off.
- One front loader Frigoboat refrigerator/freezer.
- One top loader Frigoboat water cooled freezer.
- Toilets 1 x at aft. cabin and 1 x at guest cabin (manual).
- Separate stall Shower 1 x at aft. cabin and 1 hand held in forward heads.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto cabin heating (2 zones).
- West Marine AM/FM/CD player with 2 speakers.
- All LED lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aluminum framed windows.
- Teak interior with light colored upholstery.
- White/Blue upholstery fitted crew covers for all seats and mattresses.
- Spacious saloon with U-shaped settee.
- Large owner’s cabin in aft and guest cabin in front with V-berth.
- Headroom Approx. 2.00m.
Description of layout from forwards:
- V-berth cabin forward.
- In fill piece.
- Ample storage.
- Enclosed head to starboard.
- Saloon with U shaped settee to starboard.
- Straight settee to port.
- L shaped galley aft of saloon to starboard.
- Double stainless sink.
- Chart table to port.
- Aft cabin with centerline double berth.
- En-suite owners head with stall shower.
- White painted Aluminium Seldén mast and boom.
- Hydraulic inmast furling.
- Manual headsail furling.
- Boomvang by Proctor.
- 2 genoa tracks with 2 cars each.
- Mainsheet traveler.
- Spinnaker pole on mast with winch.
- 2 x Spectra running backstays.
- Mast and deck are set up for inner forestay (forestay does not exist).
- 2 x Lewmar 54 electric winches, 2 x Lewmar 44ST, 2 x Lewmar halyard winches.
- Furling mainsail – Spectra laminate with carbon load path fiber with vertical battens. (2014) lightly used.
- Genoa 135% Spectra laminate with carbon load path fiber (2014) lightly used.
- Gennaker in sock.
- Staysail. Dacron 1998.
- Swimming ladder foldable - swimming ladder in stainless steel.
- Bow rail, stern rail lifelines - double wired with opening gates at both sides.
- Stern rail seats.
- Galley equipment.
- Stainless cowl type dorade vents.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 40 lb plow anchor, 50 m chain.
- Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass, control switches on deck and in cockpit.
- Fortress type anchor at stern approx. 20 pounds.
- Double stainless anchor roller
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Dodger. White sunbrella.
- Awning for anchor/harbour use.
- 2 Small cockpit cushions.
- Leecloths for each berth.
- Wheel cover.
Tender & Outboard:
- Mercury Marine 9’ tender. Approx. 3 years old lightly used.
- 3.5hp Tohatsu engine. Approx. 5 years old.
- Sternrail outboard engine mount.
- Radar reflector at masthead.
- Life jackets.
- 2 horseshoe buoys in brackets
- Jacklines on deck, padeyes in cockpit.
- 3 inflatable lifevests.
- Coast Guard flares.
- MOM module.
- Fire extinguisher (3).
- Automatic fire suppression system in engine room.