Surprise - 1994 41' 6" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 40
New Bern North Carolina United States $110,000 USD
New Bern North Carolina United States
The interior of the Island Packet 40 is attractive and functional with quality teak joinery throughout and a teak & holly sole. It has two double staterooms, well-separated for privacy, and each with an adjoining head and shower. A comfortable salon, convenient navigation station and secure galley. There is plenty of natural light and ventilation throughout the interior with thirteen stainless steel opening ports, seven deck hatches and four deck dorades.
- Domestic Air reverse cycle air conditioning (2013)
The FORWARD HEAD is located aft of the chain locker and features a large vanity with a stainless steel sink, teak shower seat, curtain enclosed shower, head, storage cabinets, pressurized hot-cold water, a mirror, two opening ports and an overhead hatch.
- Raritan PS2 manual toilet
Directly aft of to forward head is the roomy OWNER'S CABIN, with doors leading from the salon and to the forward head. There are three opening ports, deck vents and one hatch. The space has a large double Pullman berth on the starboard side with teak shelves on the headboard and outboard. You don't need to worry about storage with the generous cedar lined hanging locker and drawers.
The SALON was designed with comfort and safety in mind, with four opening ports, four deck vents, two opening hatches and overhead handrails. It features a single settee to port and a L-shaped settee to starboard, that pulls out to become a double berth. A drop leaf table folds down from the forward bulkhead to reveal a storage/bottle rack. There are cabinets and book shelves outboard of both settees and large storage areas behind and under each settee.
The NAV STATIONis conveniently located on the starboard side between the salon and galley. It has a large hinged table with storage beneath, chart storage below the settee, and houses the master AC-DC electric panel and electronics equipment. See "Electronics" for more detail.
Opposite the nav station, on the port side, is the AFT HEAD with curtain enclosed shower, teak seat, toilet, vanity, mirror, sink, storage cabinets, pressurized hot & cold water, two opening ports and hatch. There is access to the head from a door located in the salon near the companionway and from the aft cabin.
- Jabsco manual flush toilet (2013)
- Molded non-skid floor liner with drain
Located on the port side, the AFT CABIN has a large double berth (75" x 54") with a shelf above the headboard, a seat, cedar lined hanging locker, drawers and storage below the berth. There are two opening ports and a hatch.
The wrap-around galley is located on the starboard side of the companionway stairs. It is a safe and secure place to prepare meals and has plenty of storage.
- Frigoboat keel cooled refrigerated ice box w/freezer below
- Electric ice box drain
- Princess Gourmet three-burner stove w/oven (2013)
- Double sink with pressurized hot & cold water and manual fresh water pump
- Laminate counter tops with teak fiddles
- Stainless steel guardrail w/harness hooks for safety when underway
- Storage: Pot & pan locker, dish rack, cutlery drawers, storage drawer, teak paper towel holder, soap rack and trash bin
Hull, Deck and Equipment
Construction - 100% hand laid fiberglass construction throughout with ISO - NPG type gelcoat for maximum durability. All structural elements and reinforcements designed to ABS standards. The hull is molded in one piece utilizing a proprietary pressure fed application system with extra strong triaxial glass, unified with an engineered molded interior grid structure. The deck laminate is cored with Polycore and attached to integrally molded hull flanges with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. All deck hardware is thru-bolted with aluminum back up plats. The deck features an integrally molded tan slip resistant coarse diamond pattern and is ivory white to reduce glare. The cockpit is spacious and secure with contoured cockpit seats that are almost 8 feet long.
- Dodger with stainless steel aft grab bar with connector
- Cockpit table
- Teak drop boards
- Secure bow pulpit with double anchor rollers and stainless rails
- Two Pough anchors (one with chain and one with chain and rode)
- Maxwell DC windlass (2013)
- LPG locker with storage for two 10 lb bottles
- Swim ladder
- Two stern seats
- Cockpit shower
- 7 Lewmar "Offshore Series" overhead hatches
- 13 Lewmar stainless steel opening ports
- Full length cabin top handrails, double lifeline with welded bow and stern rails, recessed foredeck with bulwarks and a premium, lip resistant surface all contribute to offshore safety.
- Raymarine Radar (2015)
- Raymarine E90 chart plotter (2014)
- Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot (2012)
- Raymarine ST60+ speed/log (2012)
- Raymarine wind (2012)
- Raymarine depth (2012)
- Raymarine VHF at Nav (2012)
- Ritchie 6" compass at helm
Mechanical and Electrical
- 2007 Yanmar 54HP diesel engine (4JH4AE) rebuilt in 2013.
- 2013 Yanmar control panel, ignition and gauges. The engine hour gauge is INOP.
- 2 x Racor fuel filers
- Electric fuel pump
- Edson steering pedestal with single lever control
- Geared rack and pinion steering system
- 30 Amp shore power connection
- Double pole main AC breaker & 5 branches
- 50' 20 Amp shore power cord
- 120V AC power with digital meters
- 120V receptacles throughout
- 12 DC electrical panel with meters (2013)
- Kisae Abso 1000 Watt inverter
- Solar Panels on cockpit bimini
- Four Group 27 house batteries
- One Group 27 staring battery
- 110 volt water heater with engine mounted heat exchanger
- Jabsco 40 psi pressure pump
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
Sails and Rigging
The IP 40 features a cruising friendly cutter rig, that is flexible and easy to manage, with furling head sails and a self tending boom on the staysail.
- Genoa - Scheaffer roller furler
- Staysail -Scheaffer roller furler
- Mainsail w/two reefs - hull batten with two reef points and a
- Electric halyard winch (2014)
- Keel stepped aluminum mast (approx. 53' 8" air draft)
- 1x19 SS wire shrouds
- Mechanical boom vang
- Two Lewmar #48 self tailing two speed winches on the coamings
- One Lewmar #40 DC powered winch
- One Lewmar #30 and #24 on the mast
- Two Lewmar #8
- Mainsail cover
- Lines led aft to the cockpit