Carolina - 1990 41' 5" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 38
Charleston South Carolina United States $87,900 USD
Charleston South Carolina United States
She is a very capable offshore boat and carries the hallmark of all Island Packet models...build quality, volume which translates to storage for extended trips, ease of handling and comfort at sea.
If you are looking for a great offshore boat at a very reasonable price lets talk.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1990 41' 5" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 38 Cruising Sailboat Carolina yacht for sale in Charleston, South Carolina, USA today!
The interior of the Island Packet 38 features a tri-cabin layout with large forward and aft staterooms and a large main salon.
Beginning forward is an ANCHOR LOCKER in the bow accessed through the forward head.
The FORWARD HEAD compartment has a sink with vanity, bulkhead mounted shower with large teak seat, curtain, storage cabinets, "His & Hers" medicine cabinets, large mirror, marine toilet, two opening ports, and an opening hatch.
Next aft is the spacious MASTER STATEROOM with large Pullman-style double berth offset to starboard, three spacious storage compartments under the berth along with six cedar lined drawers, large cedar lined hanging locker and cabinets to port. This stateroom is well ventilated with four opening ports and an overhead hatch.
Next aft is the inviting MAIN SALON which spans the beam of the yacht imparting a spacious feeling while also allowing for generous storage spaces. Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted fold-up dining table retracts to allow for an unobstructed socializing area. When the table is lowered, a built-in liquor cabinet and glass storage rack is revealed. The table folds open athwart ship for additional dining area if needed. To starboard is an L-shaped settee that converts to a double berth. There are cabinets and book-racks outboard and an incredible amount of storage beneath and behind both settees.
Just forward of the galley on the starboard side is the aft facing NAV STATION with full size, hinged nav table with storage compartment underneath. Adjacent are the ship's AC & DC electrical panels and electronics.
Across from the nav station is the centrally located AFT HEAD with sink, vanity, shower with wrap-around curtain, full length mirror and marine toilet. The shower is bulkhead mounted and has a removable teak seat. This head has a private entrance from the aft cabin as well as the main salon.
To starboard of the companionway is the large U-shaped GALLEY with deep double sinks, gimballed 3- burner LPG stove with oven, refrigerator/freezer, deluxe teak dish racks and cutlery drawers. There are abundant storage compartments, a hideaway trash bin, and plenty of counter space.
To port of the companionway is the entrance of the spacious AFT STATEROOM with queen size berth, dressing seat, bureau with three compartments and cedar-lined hanging locker. There are multiple storage compartments under the berth. There are two opening ports and an opening hatch.
- Thirteen opening ports of polished SS with screens
- Six deck hatches by Lewmar (Lexan and aluminum)
- Five deck dorades
- Large forepeak with louvered access door and overhead deck pipes, center divider with attachment for rodes and a light
- Storage rack for companionway drop boards
- Teak bulkheads, cabinetry and trim - select grain with satin varnish finish
- Large wrap around design w/ Mica surfaces and teak sea rails on all edges
- Dometic Drawer type refrigerator/freezer (new in 2018)
- Top loading icebox heavily insulated with lift out shelf & divider, large 14cu.ft. volume, Used for dry storage
- Force 10 propane 3 burner stove w/oven
- Teak stove-top cutting board
- Stove is gimbaled w/ S/S guardrail with harness hooks
- Double S/S sink with hot/cold single lever pressure water tap
- Manual water pump
- 11 Gallon water heater w/ heat exchanger
- Retractable spray unit
- Trash bin
- Teak dish rack and cutlery drawers
- Large storage capacity cabinetry above & below the counter
- Remote propane solenoid shutoff
- Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot w/ linear drive
- Garmin ECHOM SV chart plotter at helm
- Garmin X5 GPS/Chart Plotter w/radar display at Nav station
- Depth finder on Garmin display
- Ritchie SP5 6" compass
- Raymarine VHF
- ICOM 500 TR Class B VHF w/ AIS
- Stereo w/ CD/AM/FM w/ cockpit & salon speakers
- Hand held ICOM VHF
- Garmin Handheld GPS
- (2) 8D AGM batteries - group 27 AGM engine start battery
- Battery Charger
- Deluxe aluminum master electrical panel w/ 4 way battery switch, Circuit breakers for 12v DC and 110v AC systems, AC & DC gauges, Battery test system, Reverse polarity protection, Indicator light, Hour meter, Pump controls, LPG control, Battery charger control
- 110v AC 30 amp dockside power with 8 - 110V outlets
- 12v lighting fixtures throughout the interior
- Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor
- Xantrx 2000 watt inverter
- Electric sump pump for showers and ice box with auto switch
- (2) Cruisair reverse cycle AC systems
- Dahl fuel filter / water separator
- Sound insulated engine compartment w/ access from all sides
- (2) Bilge pumps - 1 automatic, 1 manual
- Groco bronze raw water sea strainer
- Blower & fuel gauge @ engine panel
- Engine room light
- Single lever engine control side mounted by helm
- Edson rack & pinion steering
- Manual head w/ Y-valve
Deck & Cockpit
- Maxwell 1500 electric windlass w/ deck controls
- Dodger & Bimini with Full cockpit enclosure
- Teak rubrail, cap rail & bowsprit cap w/ SS striker
- Contoured cockpit seating is 7' in length with coaming storage boxes and seat locker
- Cockpit scupper
- Cockpit shower /washdown
- LPG deck locker with 2-10# bottle capacity
- Welded SS bowrail and stern rail
- Stanchions and double lifelines w/ side gates
- Stern gate w/ quick release hook
- SS Transom mounted swim ladder
- SS Dingy davits
- Masthead anchor light
- (4) 12" mooring cleats
- (2) 10" spring line cleats
- Chocks and SS chafe guards
- Deck fittings for water, fuel, waste
- Cockpit Cushions
Sails & Rigging
- Mack mainsail and stack pack ( new in 2018 )
- Tides low friction bat cars
- 130% genoa
- Spare Mainsail
- Strong track on main mast
- Adjustable topping lift
- Genoa halyard winch on mast - Lewmar 24 c two speed
- Main halyard and main sheet led to cockpit
- Single line Jiffy reefing (two reef points) led to cockpit
- Staysail winch -
- Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit & dodger installations
- Mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control system
- Twin backstays for easy stern boarding and unobstructed helm seating
Boat was hauled and bottom painted April/May 2020
Includes 8ft West Marine Zodiac inflatable and 2.5 hp Nissan outboard