1973 40' CUSTOM BUILT Motor Yacht Ware Neck Virginia United States $35,000 USD
1973 40' CUSTOM BUILT Motor Yacht Ware Neck Virginia United States
'Mobjack' would make a fabulous day charter or family boat. The owners have used it for family outings and cruising on the bay.
The owner bought a 1973 40' Navy Utility boat , MK3 and converted it into a comfortable cruising trawler with flybridge in 1999. The hull is insulated and cabintop are fibreglass and the vertical sections of flybridge are fabricated from PVC. Engine is a Cummins C6 325HP engine which was totally rebuilt in 2002, it has a Kubota 3.5KW Generator (installed 2000) both with low hours. Two helm stations allow the captain to drive the boat from the flybridge or the interior, depending on the weather.
The flybridge is the focal point of the boat and holds up to 12 people. There is a small cockpit and narrow side decks lead to the bow. The decks will need repainting and the hull needs a good compound and wax and bottom paint.
The interior is spacious with large galley to port and salon forward with helm station forward, midships. Windows all round provide good light and visibility. Step down to the living quarters. The head is to port, with separate shower and a large cabin in the bow, with queen sized berth.
The boat cruises at 11 knots at 1300 RPM and consumes 2.5 GPH.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1973 40' CUSTOM BUILT Motor Yacht Mobjack yacht for sale in Ware Neck, Virginia, USA today!
Deck and Cockpit
- Danforth 25lb anchor w/ 200' chain
- Electric windlass
- Bimini over flybridge
- Hot and cold deck shower in cockpit
- Salt water washdown in cockpit
- Captain's chair on flybridge
- Bench seating on flybridge
- Ladder up to flybridge
- Suburban 3-burner propane stove with oven
- GE MicroBrowner
- Holiday front-loading fridge
- Holiday front-loading freezer
- Single S/S sink
- Corian counter tops
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Cummins 6C Series 325HP - originally in a Navy Seal boat. Purchased and completely overhauled in 2002
- +/- 250 hours since overhaul (boat has only been used on Mobjack Bay)
- Kubota 3.5KW Generator
- +/- 100 hours
- Delco 150A Generator
- 2" Prop Shaft
- Vetus Bowthruster
- Controls at both helms
- Mermaid Marine 6500 BTU Aircon in forward cabin
- Idylis portable Aircon in Salon
- 10V/12V electrical
- 220V shorepower to engine block heater for winter
- 2 x 12V GR 31 house batteries
- 2 x 12V GR31 start batteries (engine & generator)
- ProSport 20+ battery charger
- Water heater
- 1 Shorepower inlet
- 2 30A Shorepower cables
- Garmin Depthsounder
- JRC Radar
- West Marine VHF
- Fisher stereo/CD player