Looking to head to the fishing capital of the world and see what you can catch? Scroll down to our Florida fishing license FAQ that includes Florida rules and guidelines for fishing the many species found in the waters here and more information about whether you need a license and how to procure one.
- How much is a Florida fishing license?
- Do you need a fishing license in Florida?
- Where can I get a fishing license near me?
- How much is a non-resident fishing license in Florida?
- Is there a fishing license that covers all states?
- YATCO Boating and Fishing Guides
How much is a Florida fishing license?
The exact cost of your fishing license in Florida will depend on the length of the permit required and whether you are a local resident or not. For a full detailed breakdown, refer to the table below:
Do you need a fishing license in Florida?
Everyone looking to do some fishing will require a Florida fishing license, however, there are a few exemptions. Youth and children under the age of 16, as well as resident seniors over the age of 65 are exempt from carrying a Florida fishing license. However, they still must obey the rules of catching and carrying.
Where can I get a fishing license near me?
There are a number of ways you can get your fishing license in Florida, and it’s very simple to do:
- Online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com
- In person at an approved license agent of tax collector’s office
- By calling 1-888-FISH-FLORIDA or 1-888-HUNT-FLORIDA
- Through the Fish|Hunt FL App on Apple and Android devices.
How long does it take to get a fishing license?
Getting a fishing license in Florida is simple and easy through the above options. It can be done on the spot and is valid for the duration you choose.
How long is a Florida fishing license good for?
A fishing license in Florida can be good for a variation of lengths. From three day, and seven-day licenses to those valid for one to five years, you have a number of options to choose from to suit your needs.
Can I get a fishing license online?
Yes, you can easily get your Florida fishing license online through GoOutdoorsFlorida.com.
Do seniors need a fishing license in Florida?
If you are a resident of Florida and over the age of 65, you do not require a fishing license.
How much is a non-resident fishing license in Florida?
As such a popular fishing spot, Florida sees a number of visitors flock to Florida to fish in her fresh and saltwater options. Non-resident fishing licenses are available in a few different packages, regardless of whether you are looking for a saltwater or freshwater fishing license:
- Non-Resident 3-Day: $17.00
- Non-Resident 7-Day: $30.00
- Non-Resident Annual: $47.00
Is there a fishing license that covers all states?
No, unfortunately, you will require an individual license to each state you hope to fish in. If you’re unsure of the rules, please refer to the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service where you can select each state to view the license requirements and plan accordingly.
YATCO Boating and Fishing Guides
- Fishing in Florida Guide: With so many bodies of water to fish in Florida, YATCO has made it easier than ever to plan your fishing trip in the Sunshine State. Refer to YATCO’s Fishing in Florida Guide for a complete overview of Florida fishing licenses, popular fish species available in Florida and tips for landing your next big catch!
- Part 1: Explore Florida’s year-round fishing opportunities, from saltwater big game fish in the Atlantic Ocean to freshwater species in inland rivers and lakes. Read more in YATCO’s comprehensive Types of Fish in Florida Guide.
- Part 2: Florida Fishing License Guide 2023
- Boating in Florida Guide: Florida isn’t just the fishing capital of the world; it’s also known as the yachting capital of the world. With so much water to play on – from oceans and gulfs to inland lakes and rivers, there’s plenty of opportunities to get out on the water. YATCO created a comprehensive guide on Boating in Florida to help you make the most of your time here.
- Part 1: One of the most popular types of fishing to be done in Florida is deep sea fishing off the Atlantic Coast and the Gulf of Mexico. Read more in YATCO’s Deep Sea Fishing in Florida Guide.
- Part 2: While out on the water, it’s important to be a responsible boater. Whether you’re new to boating or just need a refresher, YATCO created the Boating Right of Way Guide to help explain all buoys, signposts and rules of the water so you’re ready to go.
- Sport Fishing Yacht Guide 2023: If you’re planning to head out for a day of fishing, you’ll want to take the best vessel for the job. Sport fishing yachts are favored by recreational fishers thanks to the elevated helm station, space for rods and reels, and ample fish storage below deck. Explore more in YATCO’s Sport Fishing Guide.
- Flybridge Yacht Guide 2023: A close second to the sport fishing yacht is a flybridge yacht. Also, an excellent choice for those looking to head out on a fishing trip. A bonus about flybridge yachts is the multiple deck space so those who want to fish can make use of the wide decks, while those who prefer to sunbathe or relax, can do so in a completely different area. The best of both worlds, learn more about Flybridge Yachts in YATCO’s Guide.
- Boat Financing Guide 2023: If looking to purchase your next yacht for your next big fishing trip, you may want to familiarize yourself with boat financing in case you need a loan to purchase your yacht. There are plenty of options available if you need a bit of help when buying your next yacht. Explore more in YATCO’s Boat Financing Guide.
Fishing in Florida is an exciting adventure that many have on their bucket list. Before heading out on the water or visiting the Sunshine State, read up on Florida fishing license requirements above and be sure to check out YATCO’s other referenced guides and FAQs to learn more about the popular fish to be found here.
Still have questions? Click on the YATCO AI chat bot to speak with someone now or subscribe to YATCO’s newsletter to get regular news and updates straight to your inbox.