YATCO’s broker of the month series examines the unique life experiences that brought these brokers into the world of yachting, who influenced them, and what they look to change in the industry.
Enrico Carta is the Founder, CEO and Managing Director of EXCLUSIVE YACHTS.
Everything You Need to Know About YATCO’s Broker of the Month Enrico Carta
How did you get your start in yachting?
It was at the end of the Nineties. Several of my friends had opened a Yacht Agency in Alghero in the northwest of Sardinia to assist the first yachts that had chosen this marvelous place to spend the holidays. I had worked for a while in the yachting world in Porto Cervo, so I joined them together for this new project.
At that time, all that we do today, we did for free! It is unbelievable to think back on.
Is there anyone in particular who influences you – someone in the industry that you look up to, and why?
I’ve worked many years with Pantaenius Yachts in different departments, and I really appreciate the organization of German companies – I’ve tried to bring that to EY. Today, I like to spend time with my old colleagues, who are more experienced, as they teach you something every day. However, also I follow the evolution of the market, looking at trends to see which way the business is going.
I follow the evolution of the yacht market, looking at yachting trends to see which way the business is going.
What do you enjoy most about the yachting industry – and what do you wish you could change?
I do this job as a passion. I was born on an island so for me, the feeling of being by the sea and on ships has been always something both natural and special. The yacht business changes every year and is evolving very quickly. Today, new laws, regulations, and modern technologies need more preparation from the professionals in the business, but I also think that our mission is also to teach yacht owners the real sense of yachting life.
What are some of the challenges you come across at work, and how do you approach them?
Every day there is a new challenge. Managing a company needs psychological preparation and you must be ready to change plans every minute. Also, a team with experience in this business is fundamental to reacting to challenges.
Managing a yachting company needs psychological preparation. You must be ready to change plans every minute.
The passion for this job gives you the power to face every single problem, as well as years of experience and preparation.
Tell us about your greatest accomplishment.
My greatest accomplishment has been to open and develop this company from nothing, when nobody believed in my abilities. Today EXCLUSIVE YACHTS is a prominent name in the worldwide yacht business, and we have a good portfolio of customers that includes royal families, celebrities and successful professionals. Our company is flexible and provides tailor-made, special services to our clients.
For me, there isn’t a single accomplishment, but every deal is a great accomplishment for me.
What is your favorite yacht currently for sale and why?
128′ (39m) M/Y LUCIA M. She is the first and last Jongert Motor Yacht, Hull no 1. She has beautiful interiors and is in pristine condition. LUCIA M had some work carried out last winter and now she is ready for the new owner.
All Brokers in our Broker of the Month Series:
- Enrico Carta of Exclusive Yachts – Broker of the Month: August 2022
- Gianni Ricciardi of ForwardYachts – Broker of the Month: July 2022
- Kent Chamberlain of Merle Wood & Associates – Broker of the Month: June 2022
- Alex G. Clarke of Denison Yachting – Broker of the Month: May 2022
- Luca Gianardi of Master Brokerage – Broker of the Month: April 2022
- Pierre de Cancellis from Olympic Marine – Broker of the Month: March 2022
- Herb Postma of Postma Yacht Group – Broker of the Month: February 2022
- Juno Prudhomm, Yacht Broker at Denison Yacht Sales – Broker of the Month: January 2022
- Daria Tomassetti, Independent Yacht Broker at DARIA TOMASSETTI – Broker of the Month: December 2021
- Robert Shepherd of Edmiston & Company – Broker of the Month: November 2021
- Mark Elliott of IYC – Broker of the Month: October 2021
- Georges Bourgoignie of Fraser Yachts – Broker of the Month: September 2021
- Fernando Nicholson of Camper & Nicholsons – Broker of the Month: August 2021