The Nordic Tugs 42 design is one of the most popular versions of this very capable trawler tug. Nordic Quest, hull 117, benefits from many of the improvements developed by her predecessor sister ships. She is a two stateroom and two head boat.
2011 Nordic Tug 42 Trawler Description:
The swim step makes it easy to board if you are arriving by dinghy or stepping on from the dock. The cockpit has a partial overhead cover and a built-in fiberglass console on the starboard side (with storage lockers – good for cleaning supplies and fishing tackle). The convenient Nordic Tug fender locker is inset into the transom. Underneath the cockpit is the lazarette which is entered through the lifting hatch and provides extra storage. The lazarette is roomy and this makes it easy to inspect the steering system, see the freshwater tank, freshwater and saltwater washdown pressure pump. The autopilot and a spare anchor are also in the lazarette.
The boat deck is accessed by climbing up the ladder on the port side. The ladder has a comfortable angle and large steps which protect the propane locker. Up on deck, the 10’6” AB RIB inflatable tender with aluminum hull is powered by an 8 HP Yamaha outboard. A cover protects the tender and it is mounted with the bow facing aft. On the starboard side is the Steelhead crane and easy opening gate rails which makes dinghy launching and retrieval simple and safe. There is also an additional freezer forward on the boat deck. You have easy accessibility to the electronics mast on the pilothouse room. This upper deck area can be an enjoyable place to relax after your dinghy is in the water – a great outdoor space for you to kick back and soak up the incredible view.
Outside deck space is a priority on all Nordic Tugs, designed to include plenty of versatility. Wide side decks with stainless rails makes it easy for you to safely walk forward along either side to visit the foredeck after passing the pilothouse.
The foredeck has a Lofrans electric horizontal windlass with a convenient wash down connection installed and a stout Sampson post. The cabin trunk (which provides additional headroom for the master stateroom below) offers a convenient outdoor seat to enjoy your surroundings when you are anchored in a remote cove.
Entering into the interior of Nordic Quest from the Dutch Door, you will arrive into a large entry level that includes the salon and galley and is surrounded by windows. Nordic Tug makes visibility and air circulation a priority with large windows and opening portlights on the sides and opening ventilation hatches overhead in the pilothouse and master stateroom Throughout the handcrafted teak interior there are numerous lockers and drawers for storage.
The saloon has an L-shaped settee with teak high-low dinette teak table on the starboard side and there is a built-in icemaker in the forward cabinetry. There is great storage in the saloon and room to add chairs on the port side. A flat screen television is installed in the aft port corner and for entertainment she has a sound system to play music. Forward and across from the galley is a cabinet with stand that has a Uline ice maker. The floors were recently replaced with Amtico, which not only looks great but is resilient and easy to clean.
The engine room is below the salon and easily accessed through the removable floorboards. The incredibly reliable Cummins QSC 8.3 diesel engine is quiet and very fuel efficient. Dropping into this space you can quickly see it is relatively easy to get around all sides of engine. Equipment and machinery in the engine room includes Fireboy fire suppression, Hurricane diesel heater, U-Lube oil change system, batteries, inverter, chargers and two large aluminum fuel tanks outboard. The 9kW Northern Lights generator is mounted aft. The arrival hatch places you right by the Racor fuel filters for easy inspection.
A spacious and convenient galley completes the forward section of the entry level. This U-shaped galley to port is wonderful for making meals using the microwave oven mounted below the three burner Force 10 propane cooktop. Cold storage is handled by the NovaKool stand up refrigerator with freezer. There are lockers and drawers for stowing dishes, glasses, silverware and all the usual cutlery. The Corian counters include a double basin stainless steel sink and there is plenty of surface area for preparing meals.
Heading forward from the entry level you have a choice of heading down to the living areas via the hallway that connects both heads and staterooms or going up a short set of steps to the pilothouse.
The companionway stairs and lower level staterooms are carpeted. On the starboard side is a large counter surface for laying out charts to plan your next trip or for conducting office work. This area is where the primary electrical breakers are located. There is also a convenient NovaKool freezer built into the cabinetry which extends your time away from shore to preserve food (and your seafood catch).
Across the hallway on the port side is the guest stateroom. This is a versatile room that can serve as a seating area with an outboard sofa that will sleep one and it can very quickly can convert into a double bunk. There is a Pullman style berth on the forward bulkhead that hinges up to be out-of-the-way or folds down to provide an additional sleeping bunk.
Just forward of the guest stateroom up the hallway is the guest/day head to starboard with sink, toilet and shower stall.
The master stateroom takes over the bow section and has a unique configuration that was special ordered for the current owner who has enjoyed extended fishing adventures with his friends. The lower level V-berth has a fill-in insert that makes into a huge bed. For two people it is almost too much room. The unique addition of the custom upper level set of outboard bunks can sleep two additional people or can be used as utility shelves for additional storage of luggage, provisions and cruising gear.
The master head is connected to the stateroom on the port side, and includes a sink, medicine cabinet, drawers, lockers, toilet and stand up shower.
Nordic Quest is operated from the raised pilothouse, so you are up high and forward in the boat with a commanding view. There are opening doors port and starboard for convenient access to outdoors. The visibility is excellent in all directions. Smart Plug shore power connections are just outside the starboard pilothouse door. Behind the comfortable Llebroc helm chair is a bench seat area for guests and crew to take in the surroundings making it easy for the family to be involved with underway activities. The navigation display panels are installed overhead and forward and there are two large Furuno displays. The helm dash area has a clever tilt up access panel for inspection and servicing wires and the steering system. The engine control is single lever and you have a bow thruster joystick. The best seat in the house may be the aft facing “throne” on the starboard side that is roomy, comfortable and an ideal location for relaxing and talking to the skipper while traveling.
2011 Nordic Tug 42 Trawler Specifications:
- YACHT NAME: Nordic Quest
- BRAND AND MODEL: Nordic Tug 42
- TYPE: Recreational Tug Style Trawler Yacht
- LOCATION: Anacortes, Washington
- MODEL YEAR: 2011
- HULL NUMBER: 42-117
- HULL COLOR: Oyster White gelcoat with blue inset trim color
- REGISTRY: United States Coast Guard Documented
- DESIGNER: Lynn Senour
- BUILDER: Nordic Tugs, Inc., Burlington, Washington
- HULL MATERIAL: Solid Fiberglass
- DISPLACEMENT: 31,400 lbs., 14,200 kg
- SPEED: Cruise speed 8 – 14 knots, Top speed 16 knots
- LOA: 44’8″, 13.6M
- LWL: 38’4”, 11.68M
- BEAM: 13’10”, 4.22M
- DRAFT: 4’7″, 1.4M
- AIR DRAFT: 13’2″, 4.0M (Antennas lowered)
- MAIN ENGINE: Cummins Diesel QSC 8.3000 / 500HP (Main hours: ~5,543 – May, 2019)
- EXHAUST: Wet exhaust
- MACHINERY EQUIPMENT: U-Lube Oil Change Pump System, Racor Fuel Filter/Water Separator
- THRUSTER: Side Power Bow Thruster
- ELECTRICAL: Twin 30 Amp shore power connections (Smart Plug) ELCI breakers installed 2018
- GENERATOR: Northern Lights 9 kW with Sound Shield (Hours: ~5,387 May 2019)
- INVERTER: Mastervolt Inverter/Charger (New 2019)
- CLIMATE CONTROL: Hurricane II Diesel forced air heating with zoned thermostat and electric heaters 110VAC
- WINDLASS: Lofrans Tigre LW400AN, 1200 Watt with foot controls at bow and remote at helm
- GROUND TACKLE: Lewmar Delta anchor 35 lb. with 350 feet 5/16″ anchor chain with swivel connector
- TENDER: 10.5′ AB Inflatable with aluminum bottom (canvas cover) |Yamaha four stroke, 8 HP outboard motor with propeller guard and fuel tank
- DAVIT: Steelhead Marine WD800
- NAV/COM: (2) Furuno NavNet (chart plotter, depth finders, marine radar, AIS) with cockpit display, Maretron DSM 150/250 system monitors, Furuno autopilot, ICOM M504 VHF marine radios
- STATEROOMS: (2) Master forward, Guest mid
- HEADS: (2) Tecma Easy Fit Eco macerator toilet – fresh water (Rebuilt 2019)
- SHOWERS: (2) Full shower with glass panel doors
- GALLEY: Force 10 three burner propane cooktop, Sharp convection oven/microwave
- REFRIGERATION/FREEZER: NovaKool Refrigerator/Freezer in galley, NovaKool Freezer below companionway chart counter, U-Line ice maker
- INTERIOR WOOD: Teak
- INTERIOR COUNTERS: Corian countertops
- INTERIOR UPHOLSTERY: Ultraleather
- INTERIOR FLOORING: Amtico teak and holly (new April 2019) and carpet
- TANKAGE: (approx.)
- FUEL: 600 US gallons | 2,271 L (2 @ 300 gallons each | Aluminum)
- HOLDING BLACK: 45 US gallons |170 L
- FRESH WATER: 200 US gallons | 757 L
- SAFETY: Six Man Liferaft, Lifesling II, Four Adult Offshore Life Jackets
Note: All information is believed accurate, but should be verified. Photos taken in May 2019.
- Navigational Electronic Charts, NavNet 3D, Vector and Raster
- Puget Sound
- Vancouver Island East
- Queen Charlotte Sound, Hecate Strait to Portland Canal
- SE Alaska, Dixon Entrance to Yakutat Bay
- Extra freezer on Boat Deck – Dometic 12 VDC with canvas cover
- Second anchor, Fortress with 10′ chain and 300′ rope
- Spare parts: fuel filters, oil filters, Racor cartridges, serpentine belt, water pump impellers, spare outboard motor propeller, inflatable repair kit
For additional information please visit the Nordic Quest website, www.nordictug42forsale.com
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct, but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to – Art, clothing, tools and some galley gear. All owners’ personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Details regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel have been obtained from sources believed reliable, but the owner and brokers cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or the condition of the vessel. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his/her agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Fellow yacht broker association members: This listing is available for co-brokerage and JMYS is a 50/50 house. Courtesy showings are available by appointment. Florida listings subject to appropriate broker licensing required by law.
This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission. Please contact listing brokers, Kelly Libby and Greg Mustari, CPYB for additional information or to schedule a viewing appointment to inspect Nordic Quest in person.
Please call to make an appointment to step aboard.
NYBA (Northwest Yacht Brokers Association)
Greg Mustari, CPYB
Certified Professional Yacht Broker
NYBA (Northwest Yacht Brokers Association) Board of Directors
Authors: Jeff Merrill, Kelly Libby, and Greg Mustari from JMYS
Location: Anacortes, WA