For the first time, the world’s experiential experts, including yachting professionals, experience providers, owners, owner representatives and captains are coming together, both on-site in Monaco, and worldwide, virtually, on April 21st 2022 for a one-day forum to (e-)meet, discuss and share their experiences in a new and exciting area that is called the Experience Economy.
The idea for the forum comes from the belief that human potential can rise to a higher level with the purposeful use of superyachts. Initiated by Maria Alekseenko Magan, a Monaco-based new-generation yacht entrepreneur, whose passion for yachting with purpose spreads far beyond usual perceptions, shares the inspiration behind the forum:
“I always wanted to do something for the industry. Something that can bring value to what already exists and has been done by incredible people who created this industry. Twelve years ago, I began working in yachting and it opened up a world to me. This event is my way to give back. I’m an entrepreneur with charter brokerage background, but it was never enough for me to just do brokerage or consulting. I wanted to go beyond the usual business models and activities. The world is changing. We are entering a new era of Experience Economy where yachting is much more than just a yacht. Our industry is quite conservative, but it’s time to dare to re-define what yachting is because being at sea can go far beyond being a tangible product and about high-end services.”
Connecting to different sectors, such as Ocean & Health, Marine Science, Neuroscience, Humanitarian aid, Philosophy, Metaverse, Artificial Intelligence & Virtual Reality Technologies, yachts can be transformed into purposeful floating establishments, where different ventures, experiences and practices can make a difference to the world and to people’s lives.
This will be the first event of its kind, but the idea is to continue the momentum and host future events in other destinations, under the same concept, where the change in perception about yachting will be the key to attract more people who are considering using yachts for other purposes than just fun and relaxation.
Together with other forward-thinking industry players the organizers are daring to get together and take a look at yachting from a different perspective.
Co-moderated by Martin Redmayne, Chairman of The Superyacht Group and Peter Economides of Felix BNI, the forum expects to attract around 100 people to attend on-site at the Yacht Club de Monaco and 250 people online with the added benefit for online participants to watch the replay up to a week after the event.
The Experience Economy experts speaking at the event on a variety of engaging topics will be:
- Matty Zadnikar – Founder of SeaNet @seaneteurope & Yacht Owner will be joining the session on Custom Yacht Ownership & Group Yacht Ownership.
- Pierre Robert de Latour @pierre_the.orca.whisperer – Cetody, Cetosonotherapy, author of the French bestseller « Orcas brothers » (“Frère des orques”) and TEDx speaker, is a published Orca Expert who will join the session on Cetosonotherapy on-board.
- Maria Alekseenko Magan @mariayachting – Founder of the Experiential Yachting Forum will be speaking about Experiential Therapy on yachts – special practices, that combine philosophical approach with natural power of the sea and waves, aiming to remediate a health problems and improve the quality of life for those living with certain diseases.
- Guillaume Benoit – Yachting Fishing Specialist @yfspecialist will be joining the session on Fishing Adventures & Opportunities.
- Manila di Giovanni @m.digio_2000 – Founder & CEO of D World @dworld.vr will be joining the session on Metaverse, NFT & Yachting.
- Tommy Lexen @tommylexen – Managing Director & ECD at Immersive @immersive.international. Will be joining for the session on Experiential Yacht Design & Immersive Digital Experiences.
- Henry Cookson @henrycookson_ – Founder of Cookson Adventures @cooksonadventures will be joining the session on Exploring the World by Yacht.
- Sarah Colbon @sarahcolbon & Marie Soliman – Co-Founders at Njord by Bergman Design House @njordbergman will be joining the session on Superyachts: Rethinking the Purpose.
- Timur Bozca – Creative Director & CEO at Bozca Design Ltd @timurbozca will be joining the session on Superyachts: Rethinking the Purpose.
- Anastasios Economou – YPO Global (Young President’s Organisation) @ypoglobal Chairman & Yacht Owner will be joining the panelists of The Owner’s Expectation: Yachting for the Next Generation session.
- Sophia Wilson @sophialouisewilson – Acting Deputy Editor at BOAT International @boatinternational will be sharing the Top 5 Most Incredible Yachting Experiences by Boat International.
- Patrick Coote – Co-Founder of Explorer Yachts @exploreryachts will be speaking in the session on Exploring the World by Yacht.
- Paris Baloumis @dela.grecia – Group Marketing Director at Oceanco @oceancoyacht will be speaking on The Builder’s Expectation; Building for the Next Generation session.
- Andrew Grant Super @andrew_grant_super – Managing Director at Berkley Rand @berkeley_rand / Deer Hague @deerhague will be speaking on Experiential Adventures on-board Superyachts and joining the panelists on the Metaverse NFT & Yachting session.
To register your on-site or online place, head to the www.experientialyachtingforum.com website. Registrants from YATCO can use the discount code YIND22, that allows for 50€ off online and on-site registration prices.