ATALANTA J 1958 83' 6" FEADSHIP Motor Yacht
Mandelieu-la-Napoule France ($799,787 USD est.) €750,000 EUR
- Rare chance to purchase an iconic wooden Feadship
- Four cabin and double saloon layout
- Several options on deck with numerous dining and lounging areas
- Priced to sell, taking the work needed into account
- An ideal Mediterranean family yacht
- Has crossed the Atlantic ocean several times
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1958 83' 6" FEADSHIP Motor Yacht Classic ATALANTA J yacht for sale in Mandelieu-la-Napoule, Provence-Alpes-Cote-d'Azur, France today!
Additional specifications are available for this listing. Click below to get detailed information.
- Classic Displacement Motor
- Feadship, De Vries Aalsmeer
- De Voogt
- Felix Buytendijk (Refit)
- Lloyds & MCA - Expired
- Teak on Steel frames
- 2 x 200hp Iveco
- 57 tons (Originally 70)
- 25.43m / 83’5’’
- 23.54m / 78’
- 5.14m / 16’10’’
- 1.80m / 5’11’’
SPEED & RANGE UNDER POWER
- 12 knots max
- 9 knots
- 2,700 nm Approx @ 9 Knots
- 20 lph @ 9kn - 2 engines
- 8 Guests in 1 x Owner, 3 x Twin cabins
- 6.000 litres / 1,585 US Gallons
- 3.000 litres / 793 US Gallons
GREY WATER TANK
- For crew & washing machine
- Toilets can be to tank, direct to sea, or to shore evacuation
- Owner’s cabin with 2 Queen size bunks, wash basin, ensuite shower room, ample storage, hanging locker, skylight, Air Conditioning, radiator
- 3 x Twin cabins with wash-basins, skylight, 2 opening portholes, hanging lockers, drawers, aircon. Sharing 1 x Guest bathroom
- Dining table for 8 in lower saloon, open to galley, sofa, 2 armchairs, 4 x skylights, ample stowage, T.V.
- Large saloon with 4 comfortable chairs and writing desk, bookshelves, coffee table, large windows, clocks, barometers
AFT DECK DINING
- Dining accommodation for up to 14 on aft deck, behind the bridge, covered by a fixed awning. This area has been modified in 2014 in the Hamburg refit to create a huge relaxing area, ideal for family or entertainment use
- This area is very elegant & traditional and houses all the electronics which mainly date from 1973. Most in working order but a new owner would most likely wish to update. Engine room access to starboard
- Crew accommodation for 1/2 with bathroom and separate access
- 2 x 200hp Iveco SM 2100 (1992)
- Port: 3.600 / Stbd: 2.890 (March 2022)
- 2 x 4 Bladed
- 1 x Kohler 13 KW (1992)
- 1071 (March 2022) Little used
- 230V single phase AC Shore, 24V DC Domestic, 12V Instruments
- Lead Acid/720 amp/hr. 1 x Genny(2020) ; 2 for Engine Start; 3 for Service; 6 for Bowthruster (2019)
- Victron Phoenix
- 2 x Victron
- Vosper. Re-Built but not fitted . Museum pieces!
- Sidepower. 24v Electric off Generator only
- Individually controlled per cabin. Aft area only. Central heating.
- 1 x Pall RO-120DT. (Not in Service)
- Crane on deck
- 2 x Davits on transom
- Windlass by Thomas Reid & Sons – twin gypsies. Electric off generator (Rebuilt 2018)
- 2 x 70m stud link chain
- 2 x Admiralty anchors – 80kg each
- 1 x Ships Bell Bronze
- Ample storage in large boxes throughout vessel
- Traditional Passarelle
- Traditional custom side-boarding ladder (2014)
- 10 Fenders
- On Foredeck Folding Sunbed with cushions
- Folding varnished mast and sail for stabilising under way
- In Lazarette aft: Cable & Quadrant steering; emergency tiller; emergency ladder
GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
GALLEY & LAUNDRY
- Spacious & well equipped Galley (Bosch/Miele)
- 2 x Refrigerators, 1 x Freezer, all built in.
- Washer/Dryer in Galley
SECURITY & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- 2 x 6 man life rafts
- 12 x Inflatable life jackets
- 4 x 5kg CO2 extinguishers
- 1 x Automatic Fire extinguishing system in engine Room.
- 1 x 3.5m Zodiac (2020)
- 4 stroke Yamaha 9.9hp. (2021)
ATALANTA J is a stunning classic motor yacht built in 1958 by the De Vries Shipyard to a design by De Voogt. De Vries and De Voogt are two of the three members of Feadship, the world leaders in the design and construction of the highest quality Dutch yachts. Originally named SIROCCO, the yacht was commissioned by Mr B.E. Ruys, an important ship owner from Rotterdam. At the time she was the largest motor yacht under construction in Holland. ATALANTA J had a two year refit in Holland in 2007 conducted under the supervision of naval architect Felix Buytendijk. More recently in 2014 in Hamburg she underwent another upgrade, when the current configuration of the aft deck was created. This has increased storage, seating capacity, and made for a sheltered area under the semi-permanent Bimini – ideal for modern Mediterranean use. It is understood that the previous owner of ATALANTA J undertook 4 trans-Atlantic voyages on the yacht single handedly, illustrating ATALANTA J’s fantastic sea-keeping abilities. She is in need now of some attention both above and below decks to bring her back to her former glory, although it is understood that the teak on steel structure is as strong and sound as ever, and is still ready to give many years of active service. A new owner should expect to invest in this stunning vessel, in what is undoubtedly a very worthwhile project.
A complete list of exclusions is available upon request.
Find More Yachts for Sale
Hans Van Doornmalen
Edmiston & Company
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.
receive a pdf brochure on this listing.