The Italians have six words for beautiful: bella, bellissima, magnifica, meravigliosa, molto bella and stupenda – any one of which can be used to describe the luxury yachts and superyachts produced by Italian shipbuilder Sanlorenzo. Gianfranco Cecchi and Giuliano Pecchia founded Sanlorenzo Yachts in 1958 in Florence, Italy. Because they were perfectionists and their boats were made to measure, they could only build a limited number (about 30) each year. Every Sanlorenzo yacht manufactured over the next 27 years was crafted from wood.
Led by Mr. Massimo Perotti, Executive Chairman of the company, since 2005 Sanlorenzo has become one of the main producers worldwide of yachts and superyachts and today it has four production plants: Ameglia for medium and large size yachts, Viareggio, for the fiberglass yachts over 100 feet, Massa, the center for the research and development of new models and La Spezia, dedicated to the production of Superyachts.
Luxury at Sea
Two of Sanlorenzo Yachts’ top designers are Marty Lowe and Fabrizio Loi. Lowe’s classic designs are all about light and air and matching interior design options and layouts to owner expectations. Project engineer Loi, with 22 years’ experience building boats in the U.S., knows just how to customize a Sanlorenzo yacht to appeal to the American market’s quest for comfort and speed.zx
Sanlorenzo’s fleet of crossover, semi-planing, small, mega yachts and superyachts range from 78 to 126 feet and include the SL78, SL86, SL96 Asymmetric, SL102 Asymmetric SL106 and SL118; SD96, 112 and 126; and SX76, 88 and 112.
The yachting world owes a debt of gratitude to the skilled engineers and talented designers and craftsmen at Sanlorenzo Yachts for their commitment to quality and an eye for creating seafaring vessels that are beautiful inside and out. Every Sanlorenzo yacht is built with these five features top of mind.
- Timeless design, unmatched perfection and personalization
- Top-level safety features
- Cutting-edge technology (e.g., Hybrid diesel/electric E Motion system)
- Ultra-luxurious interiors
- Obsessive attention to detail
The superyacht division produces metal boats from 40 to 70 meters in length:
- The Alloy range: characterized by fluid, elegant lines, the Alloy superyachts are entirely made in aluminium with a fast displacement hull
- The Steel range: featuring large internal spaces for maximum livability and comfortable outdoor zones with surprising solutions these superyachts are made with metal hulls
- The Explorer range: created for those who want to fully experience the adventure of the open sea with extensive navigation range, but without sacrificing design, elegance and comfort
Because of the nature of its bespoke yacht building, Sanlorenzo creates yachts for up to 50 clients per year, ensuring precise quality in each build.
The 2020 Global Order Book, published by Boat International, ranks Sanlorenzo Yachts second among the world’s top 20 builders of yachts over 78 feet, citing it as “the most prolific single-brand builder in the world.” Sanlorenzo completed 87 yachts in 2019, which was 13 percent more than the previous year – and almost three times as many as when the company started.
Search for your Sanlorenzo beauty today on our yachts for sale database. It’s fun, easy and fast.