Builder of some of the world’s most premier sportfishing vessels, Rybovich Yachts was founded in 1910 as a commercial fishing boat operation and small boat repair. By the ‘30s, John Rybovich and Sons gained much popularity, and following the sons’ return from WWII, they had an idea to build their own sportfish vessel. By 1947, their first sportfishing vessel, MISS CHEVY II was launched. As the years progressed, they continued working closely alongside their clientele to build increasingly better boats. By 1952, when the yard launched MISS CHEVY IV, it had established its signature broken sheer with an aluminum tuna tower and a transom door – turning the sportfish arena around.
From Yacht Builder to Becoming a Full-Service Superyacht Marina
By 1972, the company had launched 75 yachts but after the death of Tommy – one of the sons – the yard lasted an additional three years before it was sold to a new owner. In the early 2000s, the yard was owned by H. Wayne Huizeinga – the company’s 4th owner since the first sale in 1975. By 2005, Michael Rybovich rejoined the company, and the yard was once again building yachts under the famous moniker. The company flourished, and delivered 5 yachts from 54 to 78 feet – the final two were the largest ever build by the family name. Once the economy took a hit in 2008, things began to slow down and the company decided to shift its focus on a full-service superyacht marina in Palm Beach at the Riviera Beach Site. Soon after, the partnership with Huizenga amicably dissolved, and the Rybovich family purchased the former E&H Boat Works and started Michael Rybovich & Sons Custom Boat Works, that still runs today. Scroll below to search our yacht MLS listings from Rybovich Yachts.