In 1996, Jeff Druek couldn’t find a boat that met his specifications, so he drew on his years of experience building homes in the Hamptons and as a commercial fisherman and built his own. It turned out so well, he partnered with a fourth-generation shipbuilder in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, in 2001 to build Outer Reef Yachts. The craftsmen at Tania Yacht Company won him over based on two factors: superior quality and a willingness to do custom work. The Outer Reef Yachts for sale in the Classic Collection range from 55 to 115 feet and include the following series: Azure, Cockpit, DeluxBridge, Explorer and Motoryacht. There’s no doubt after one look at an Outer Reef motor yacht that the trawlers Jeff Druek used in his fishing business influenced the Outer Reef Yachts collection.
Standout features for each Outer Reef Yachts series include:
Azure 640 (64 foot)
Galley-aft design creates largest outdoor space of any yacht in its class. Flybridge provides a birds-eye view of the bright blue sea. Range of 1,000 miles at 10 knots.
Cockpit 630, 820, 860, 860 (semi-displacement), 880 (63 to 88 feet)
Fishing, diving and watersports enthusiasts love the wide-open cockpit and huge storage area for gear, provisions and other cruising essentials.
DeluxBridge 720/740, 700/720, 860 (72 to 86 feet)
Larger living accommodations, increased galley area and expansive sky lounge that provides precious, protected space for long voyages.
Explorer 108, 115 (92 to 115 feet)
Triple-deck motor yacht on a semi-displacement platform makes exploring coastal regions worldwide easy and safe. Ocean crossings are a breeze thanks to 6,500-gallon fuel capacity.
Motoryacht 580, 610, 630, 650, 700/720, 750, 800 (58 to 86 foot)
Patented roll spray system deflects water resulting in smooth, safe cruising in all conditions. Offers some of the largest crew quarters and flybridges available. Hand laid-up FRP hulls with PVC core sandwich construction above water line.
Trident 530, 620, 720, 3000, 3200 (62 to 110 feet)
It wasn’t long before Outer Reef yacht customers began requesting a new model that had everything previous models had – except with more speed. The sleek, sporty 530 Trident answered the call. The Trident Series now has five models ranging from to 62 to 110 feet (620, 620 Solara, 720, 3000 and 3200).
Whether you refer to your Outer Reef Yacht as a cruising trawler or classic motor yacht doesn’t matter. Just remember, it’s the extras that make all the difference.
- Safe and stable: Constructed of hand-laid fiberglass with vacuum-bagged infusion. Built to ocean, category A standards, Unrestricted Navigation, in an IOS 9001 Certified shipyard.
- Refined designs: Customized yacht interiors to fit the size of the boat and reflect the owner’s taste.
- Sophisticated technology: Every Outer Reef Yacht for sale has the latest mechanical systems that fully integrate electronic, navigation and boat information systems.
- Economical to operate: Displacement hulls on Outer Reef Yachts require very little propulsion to cut through the water, making them fuel-efficient and well suited for long-distance cruising.
Today, Outer Reef Yachts builds a dozen owner-customized, ocean going motor yachts each year. Outer Reef Yachts is headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and its boats are still built by Tania Yacht Co.
- Founder: Jeff Druek
- Headquarters: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Shipyard: Tania Yacht Company, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Type: Trawler Motor Yachts
- Size: 55 to 115 feet
- Series: Azure, Cockpit, DeluxBridge, Explorer, Motoryacht and Trident
If owning a trans-Atlantic cruising vessel is on your bucket list, search our accurate, up-to-date database for boat listings of Outer Reef Yachts for sale today.