CARMELLA - 1999 92' 5" VITTERS Performance Cruiser
Newport Rhode Island $1,950,000 USD
Newport Rhode Island
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
CARMELLA is a modern classic, with elegant lines and just enough exterior varnished teak brightwork to set her apart from all others. The Yacht is fast and easy to handle on all points of sail, with carbon spars, Park Avenue booms and full hydraulic sail handling with sheets conveniently led within reach of the helm station. Her classic profile is balanced by fully state of the art rig, sailplan and amenities below decks.
Her interior provides a well-appointed pilothouse area with excellent visibility, full controls, comprehensive navigation and communication station, and a comfortable settee. The full-width Owner’s stateroom is aft, with a companionway to the private aft Owner’s cockpit. She has two guest staterooms, both with ensuite heads and stall showers, an elegant main salon, gourmet galley and separate crew quarters including office/lounge area.
The Yacht has been maintained to the highest standards
The low profile PILOTHOUSE is four steps down from the helm cockpit, with a full settee to port that offers good line of sight visibility to deck level through ten large windows, and provides a perfect sea berth. There are reading lights fore and aft and a stowage cabinet aft with drawers and book locker above. The comprehensive navigation/communication station is to starboard, with a swivel leather seat and good access to all computers and equipment, engine controls and autopilot. Visibility from this area is also unobstructed for 270 degrees; port, starboard and forward for offshore watchkeeping. Entertainment is provided by built-in speakers from the main salon stereo system.
The MAIN SALON aboard CARMELLA is full width amidships, with a classic varnished teak skylight, 2 large deck hatches and 4 large portholes outboard which further enhance the apparent width of the already sizeable space. There is a full dining table outboard to port with a built in settee outboard and comfortable chairs on three sides, allowing seating for 6, increased to 8 with use of the identical chair from the owner’s desk. Outboard of the settee is a Plasma flat screen which rolls out on cars into the porthole recess from behind the aft cupboard, driven by the onboard entertainment systems, for photo presentations or DVDs. Outboard to starboard is a leather couch and cocktail table, and an end table forward containing a refrigerated locker, and liquor locker outboard. Adjacent fitted cupboards for 14 tumblers, 12 wine goblets, 12 red wine glasses, 12 sherry glasses, 6 brandy balloons, 12 Champagne glasses, 8 beer flutes, glass water jug and tea service for 8. Forward to starboard is a bar top with two custom bar stools that separate the salon from the galley, on centerline a custom wine storage rack for 40 bottles. Outboard to port is a full height bookcase and end table with stowage lockers for 16+ each of Spode dinner service with Carmella Monogram logo, 12+ each of Doulton daytime service, plus serving dishes and platters mats, napkins etc:. On the aft, starboard bulkhead there is a fully reconditioned antique wood or charcoal burning stove which is a magnificent sculpture with practical applications. It vents through a ‘Charlie Noble’ on the starboard side deck.
The GALLEY is forward and to starboard of the salon, with granite countertops, double stainless steel sinks, abundant cabinet stowage, china and pantry stowage inboard and all equipment for gourmet cooking. Additional Galley features:
• Alpes Inox gimbaled propane stove
• SMEG gimbaled propane oven with electric grill
• Alpes Inox vent hood/extractor fan
• Broan trash compactor
• Frigoboat refrigeration (3 refrigerated compartments)
• Frigoboat freezer (below galley sole)
• Pantry locker
• Miele washer with rapid cycle 32 minute wash option & separate dryer (crew area)
• Purified water tap
• 2 deck hatches
The OWNER’S STATEROOM is aft, with a full double berth outboard to port, book shelves aft and drawer stowage below. Outboard to starboard is a comfortable settee that converts to a sea berth. There is a writing desk/office area forward to starboard with a locker outboard housing a printer, SSB control head, CAT5 and entertainment equipment for the aft cabin; DVD and stereo. Above the desk a flat screen 22” LCD screen angles to face the berth. Centerline aft is the companionway to the private aft Owner’s cockpit. As in all areas aboard, the stateroom has an abundance of natural light and ventilation via four opening portholes, two large deck hatches and the companionway. The ENSUITE OWNER’S HEAD is forward to port, with a full stall shower, designer fixtures, Vacu-flush head, opening ports and deck hatches.
The AFT GUEST STATEROOM is forward in the passageway to starboard, with twin lower berths and night table at center, drawer stowage below the berths and in a bureau to starboard with hanging locker outboard, a deck prism for natural lighting and opening port and hatch for natural ventilation. The ENSUITE HEAD is forward, with full stall shower, detailing similar to the master head and one opening porthole.
The FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM is forward to port of the main salon, with sizeable over and under berths, plenty stowage in bureau, drawers below the berths and hanging locker, plus large bookshelves, one porthole and two deck hatches. This stateroom also has a full ensuite head and a stall shower with porthole and hatches.
The CREW AREA aboard CARMELLA is forward of the galley and self-contained, with all features and amenities including an office area with “L” shaped settee, desk that converts to dining area, full inboard bulkhead lockers, drawers, shelves, stereo, bookshelves, a porthole and deck hatch. Farther forward is the CREW STATEROOM, with a convertible double lower berth with upper berth as well, bureau and hanging locker stowage, deck hatch and a companionway to the foredeck via the crew scuttle equipped with a dodger. It has an ensuite head with stall shower with a deck hatch and a light prism. The washer and dryer are located on either side of the centerline shower making clever use of the space allowed by the flare of the hull.
Deck and Hull
The deck layout aboard CARMELLA completes the yacht’s classic profile, while providing an extremely efficient deck layout for sail handling, an abundance of clear and unobstructed deck areas, comfortable center helm and entertaining cockpit, well protected by the low profile pilothouse and dodger, plus a private owner’s cockpit aft. She has a classic varnished teak skylight above the main salon, a number of flush mounted Rondal hatches and several ABI stainless steel hatches as well. Hull ports are Stainless and substantial for natural light and ventilation below.
• Large drop leaf teak dining table
• Upholstered seating for 8 guests, 10 with use of the aft table extension which requires removal of the wheel (easy)
• Helm station with full controls & gauges
• B & G performance instrumentation and a B&G Hydra autopilot control head
• Primary cockpit autopilot is Comnav in stainless control plinth
• Cockpit table houses a ‘pop up’, full daylight screen for Plotter remote at helm
• Ice Maker
• Purified water spigot
• New Dodger w/opening center window (2015)
• Navtec hydraulic panel
• Stereo speakers with controllable jacks for extra Bose deck speakers driven by salon stereo.
• B&G FFD beside wheel with B&G Hydra autopilot control head.
• Bow thruster joystick with proportional control.
• Upholstered seating port and starboard
• Full dodger
• (2) B & G 20/20 displays
• Companionway to Owner’s stateroom
• Controllable jacks for extra Bose deck speakers driven by Owner Stereo.
24 Volt system includes three banks of batteries all new 2012
• House/accessories, (14) #8D, AGM batteries for 1,470 amp/hrs @ 24V
• Engine/Generator start batteries, (2) for 200 amps @ 24V
• Electronics batteries, (4) #8D AGM
Batteries are charged by engine driven high amp alternators, shore power or AC generator. Alternators include (2) Leese-Neville 175 AH for House and Electronics batteries and Caterpillar, and generator alternator for start batteries.
AC charging is provided by:
• (2) Mastervolt MASS 25/100 for house batteries
• Mastervolt MASS 24/75 for electronics
• Mastervolt MASS 12/25 for starting
• 12 KVA Isolation transformer with inputs of 308/3/50, 220/1/50, 220/3/60or 240/1/60 – with output of 240/1/60 (or 50) and 120/1/60 (or 50)
AC Power is provided by:
• Kohlar 23KWH, 60 hz, diesel generator, new 2014 (Less than 1,000 hrs).
• (3) Mastervolt MASS 24/3500 trapezoidal for general service
• 24/700 Sine wave for computers and electronics.
AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING: Marine Air chiller/hot water system w/(3) 55,000 btu compressors. All thermostats, controls and air handlers are also Marine Air. Primary heating system is also Marine Air wit 2 x 6kW electric elements for the hot water loop. Air handlers located in each sleeping cabin, pilothouse, galley and 2 in the salon.
Espar diesel heater – provides for the aft guest and owner’s cabins whilst in silent ship mode – the fwd areas get the fireplace!
FRESH WATER: (3) Integral aluminum water tanks with (2) Groco Paragon Senior pressure pumps with ‘suck dry safety’. Groco pressure tank, 2 Allcraft 20 gallon hot water tanks (fwd and aft) w/AC and main engine clarifier systems. Fresh water shore side connection with inbuilt filtration and pressure regulator.
WATERMAKER: Matrix 1440 gallons per day, new membranes 2014.
GRAY WATER: (2) integral aluminum gray water tanks, 75 gallons each w/automatic float switches and level alarms. Henderson MkIV overboard pumps. Deck pump outs direct to screw cap deck fittings.
BLACK WATER: (2) integral aluminum black water tanks, 75 gallons each w/automatic float switches and level alarms. Overboard pumps by Sealand. Deck pump outs direct to screw cap deck fittings.
HEADS: (4) by Vacu-flush w/Sealand vacuum pumps & tanks
BILGE: High volume main bilge pump by Pacer, hydraulically operated, which seconds as the onboard fire pump. (4) Submersible Rule 3700 gph bilge pumps w/float switches by Rule, plus Edson 2” manual bilge pump. All bilges have high-level alarms.
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM: Bow thruster, windlass, Lewmar winches, Reckmann furlers and bilge/fire pump. Bow thruster power by Hydra-Power Systems PTO. Other hydraulics also by DC with (2) 5 hp motors. Primary hydraulic transfer box rebuilt, 2013.
BOW THRUSTER: By Hydra-Power Systems, 38 hp hydraulic in 12” diameter tunnel with variable power joy stick controls at the helm station.
Sails, Rigging and Deck Gear
• Navtec manual hydraulic panel in cockpit w/autoshift & fast acting control valves for boomvangs, backstays, main & mizzen outhauls.
• Navtec Stainless Steel main and mizzen boomvangs
• All Rondal sailing hardware
• Antal main and mizzen tracks and cars.
• Kevlar running backstays.
11/7, Spars removed for complete service by RIG PRO; mast blocks replaced, spars re-wired for LED lighting, rig & standing rigging polished.
• (2) Lewmar #111 SHST hydraulic 3 speed primary winches
• Lewmar #77 SHST hydraulic 3 speed main sheet winch
• Lewmar #77 SHST hydraulic staysail winches
• Lewmar #77 SHST hydraulic 3 speed running backstay winches
• Lewmar #77 SST mast winches
• Lewmar #77 SHST hydraulic 3 speed mast winch w/fairlead to other mast winches
• Lewmar #58 SHST hydraulic mizzen mast winches
WINDLASS: (2) Lewmar 5000 w/chain gypsies; top capstan on starboard
SAILS: Hood Vectran Woven cloth (v. tough and reliable)
• Mainsail – Doyle, (New 2018) fully battened with 2 deep reefs, tack and clew line separate.
• Mizzen – fully battened with one reef, single line reefing.
• 130% Genoa – Doyle 2013
• 110% Genoa - Hood
• Staysail – 100% Doyle 2013
• MPS – Marguerite green; North 2009 w/ATN sock
• Miz Staysail – Hood on furling drum
• Storm Trisail - Hood
• Brookes & Gatehouse H 5000 navigation/performance instruments, fully integrated w/compass, all wind functions, depth, speed, timers, etc.. (All new August 2019)
New full function displays in all locations.
• Furuno FAR 2117 Radar in Pilothouse
• (2) Brookes & Gatehouse H 5000 Autopilots for complete redundancy. (All new August 2019)
• Comnav Autopilot at helm station w/joystick running Nobletec software
• (2) Furuno Gps units w/large screen plotter in pilothouse and at helm station
• 2014 Lenovo Computer system and upgraded Vio Boat management system
• (2) ICOM VHF in pilothouse, one w/repeater at helm station
• Yachtspot GSM 4G/3G data with integral WiFi and antennae on mizzen
• Main Salon, Sony stereo, Sony radio receiver,Audiosource Amp (17) to output to PH and deck, Pioneer Multi-system CD/DVD/WMA/MP3/Photo viewer, Bose speakers with 2x
• DC Stereo w/Sonance speakers.
• Cockpit; speakers, powered by main salon stereo system w/cockpit controls.
• Yamaha 40 HP4 stroke 40 hp outboard
• Custom Staalart stainless davits
• Multiplex carbon fiber passeralle
• Bauer compressor for 4 dive bottles
• 240# CQR anchor
• Fortress #FX125 secondary anchor
• Fortress #FX 85 stern anchor
• 130 meters 5/8” primary bower chain
• 300’ braided nylon spliced to 150’ ½” anchor chain for secondary.
• (2) 8 man Givens liferafts in cockpit seat lockers, current inspection
• (2) Man Overboard Module Jon Buoys
• Main cockpit and Owner’s cockpit dodgers.
• Main cockpit bimini
• Mizzen/after deck awning and foredeck awning by Antigua Sails.
• Crew hatch dodger
Recent Refits and Upgrades
- Assymetrical spinnaker (North)
- All new teak decks
- New Awlgrip paint on deck, cockpit & superstructure areas
- Complete interior re-varnish
- Strip and refinish cabin soles
- New Genoa (Doyle)
- Complete rig refit, main and mizzen masts removed, re-wired, re-painted with Awlgrip, all new Navtec Rod rigging, Aramid running backstays, new luff tracks, etc..
- All new running rigging; sheets & halyards
- New Mainsail (Doyle)
- New topsides paint, Awlgrip
- Complete Hundestadt propeller/stern tube/bearings refit
- New Miele Washer & Dryer
- All new batteries
- New Forestaysail (Doyle)
- New pilothouse upholstery
- Teak cockpit coamings replaced with new, varnished teak by Lyman Morse
- Exterior varnish completely stripped & refinished by Lyman Morse
- New Novurania 400 DL tender
- Replacement Start batteries
- Navtec boomvang – complete rebuild
- New Communication/Computer systems & Vio Boat management system upgrade
- New Kohler 23 DWH generator & hydraulic PTO
- Complete rebuild, hydraulic distribution block
- All new interior mattress cover
- New upholstery pilothouse settee
- New curtains main salon
- Comprehensive out of water maintenance; bottom paint, zincs, propeller & thruster service, etc..
- All deck, cockpit & superstructure paint with Awlgrip, Cream
- Complete exterior varnish
- All new refrigeration system by Frigoboat (3) refrigeration plus freezer
- Comprehensive annual out of water maintenance
- Full rig, out of boat refit and service by Rig Pro, including re-wiring for LED lighting, new mast blocks,
- all standing rigging inspected and replaced as necessary and completely polished.
- Comprehensive service to teak decking; margin boards replaced along with other teak trim boards, all caulking removed & re-caulked and the decks sanded.
- New Awlgrip on cabin sides and bulwarks
- Hundestadt propeller shaft and seal, removed and serviced.
- Main engine timing checked and re-set
- New antifouling paint applied
- Complete exterior varnish
- Complete out of water maintenance fall 2018; full antifoul, all zincs, thru hull service, propeller & thruster service
- Complete Caterpillar service including new injectors, pressure pump rebuild, new governor & overall service
- Rudder removed, new bearings & reinstalled
- All Rondal hatches removed, fully reconditioned and reinstalled by Lyman Morse
- New mainsail by Doyle sailmakers
- Complete new Brookes & Gatehouse H 5000 navigation/performance instruments.
- New B & G full function displays in all locations throughout the yacht.
- (2) Brookes & Gatehouse H 5000 Autopilots, for complete redundancy.
- New Sail Cover
- New Cockpit Awning
- All sails removed, laundered and stored with North Sails