Koala - 1966 84' BURGER Cockpit Motoryacht
Jupiter Florida $565,000 USD
Accommodations and Layout
Sleeps six owners & guests in three staterooms aft, plus three crew in two staterooms forward.
Master and Guest Staterooms: The owners and guest accommodations are reached via a curved stairway at the port aft end of the main salon. All of these staterooms have beautiful white wooden louvered blinds (custom made by St. Augustine Marine) and proper, dogged ports with screens. Walls are painted off white. Overheads are covered in cream ultra-suede. Carpeting throughout the lower accommodations is fern green. In addition, each stateroom has its own digital AC control, recessed Halogen lighting, large recessed 110v lighting, stereo speakers, and reading lamps over the berths.
At the bottom of the stairway from the main salon and immediately aft is the full beam owners' stateroom with a California king centerline berth. On either side of the berth are built in nightstands with matching lamps. Outboard to port and starboard are built-in oak dressers with eight drawers each. Forward of the dressers on either side of the stateroom are double door, full length, cedar lined hanging lockers, also oak, with louvered doors. On the forward bulkhead on either side of the door from the companionway there are oil paintings in gilded frames of small wild parrots. (Paintings have their own picture lamps). There is also a small occasional chair in the port aft corner. At the forward starboard side of the stateroom there is an en suite head with a very large shower, sink with mirror faced cabinet, and Raritan freshwater flush toilet plus an opening port with screen and wooden louvered blinds.
Proceeding forward along the companionway from the master stateroom, there is a double door linen locker to starboard and forward of it, a closet for toiletries and domestic stores. On the opposite side of the companionway is the guest head with shower, sink with mirrored cabinet, and Raritan toilet. A second door leads from this head directly into the port twin berth guest stateroom. Directly opposite on the starboard side of the companionway is the second twin berth guest stateroom, nearly identical to the port stateroom but slightly smaller. Both guest staterooms have: large double door cedar lined closets, dressers with five drawers with well lit mirrors above, twin berths with two drawers under each berth, nightstands between the berths with lamps as well as matching, wall mounted reading lights.
Forward of the dining salon through a swinging door and on the same level is the full width galley. This area was completely refurbished in 2002. The sole here is identical to that of the wheelhouse, varnished Bamboo, and is easy to maintain. To starboard is a built-in dinette with white corian tabletop and two upholstered bench seats. Over the forward bench seat there is a china cabinet with glassware. Opposite the dinette, outboard in the galley, is a large deep corian sink.
In addition, the galley has all corian countertops, formica faced cabinets with oak trim, six oak drawers under the aft counter and the following list of appliances:
• GE Advantium Speed cook oven
• GE microwave
• Kenmore Refrigerator
• Black & Decker toaster oven/broiler
• Kenyon touch control ceramic cook top
• Miele dryer
• Miele washing machine. Rebuilt winter 2019
As well as having large windows to port and starboard, the galley also has an overhead opening hatch with screen, three recessed 110V lights in the overhead, and four Halogen lights. The overhead is covered in formica. In addition, there are three stereo speakers here.
The wheelhouse retains its original Burger configuration but has been completely updated with all new electronics and a reconfigured console, new flooring, overhead lighting, and soft goods. At the helm are a new Edson teak spoked wheel and an oak, moveable helmsman's step. The console in front of the helm is clean with only a screen for the Simrad CA 50, a Robertson autopilot and Mathers single lever controls mounted here. Forward on the console is a Kelvin-White compass. Mounted overhead are Caterpillar digital monitors for the port and starboard engines, main engine ignitions, start and stop buttons, and main engine alarms. Also overhead is a fold down screen for the Clarion surveillance system. In a locker under the console, to port of the helm are digital monitors for Generators 1 & 2, as well as for the engine room blowers. Immediately adjacent to this is a large locker where the EPIRB, medical kit, and fire extinguishers are stored. Above is a long drawer for ships' papers, dividers, etc.
Aft of the console is the original Burger bench seat with four deep drawers underneath. To port of the bench seat is a cabinet with another three deep drawers. Mounted on the aft bulkhead are a Sea Chine Ship's Clock & Barometer, two digital monitors for the Trace Inverters, an Acu-gage Tank System Monitor and an A.C. digital control.
The sole of the wheelhouse has been finished in varnished Bamboo flooring. Overheads are covered in cream ultra-suede. Lighting has been upgraded to include Red D.C. night lights over the console as well as recessed Halogen lighting and 110V lighting. In addition, there are two stereo speakers here.
There are sliding doors on both sides of the wheelhouse as well as bi-fold screen doors, which allow for fresh air cruising in good weather. At the starboard aft side of the wheelhouse, there are steps that lead up to the flybridge. From the forward starboard side of the wheelhouse, there are three steps, which lead down to the formal dining salon.
Electronics and Entertainment
• Mathers controls in wheelhouse and flybridge
• Caterpillar digital monitor displays, wheelhouse and flybridge
• Clarion surveillance cameras - 3 stations: 2 engine room, 1 cockpit
• ACR Searchlight with dual station controls
• Shipmate dual station RS 8300 VHF
• Exalto wiper controls for 3 wheelhouse windows
• KVH C3 TracVision Satellite TV
• Direct TV control box
• Technics AV control stereo receiver SA-DX940
• Niles-SPS-6 Speaker Selection System
• Sony AM/FM/DVD/CD/VHS
• New Garmin 5215 chart / plotter installed in April 2009
• New Garmin GDL-30A weather system installed in April 2009
• New Garmin GSD22 depth sounder installed April 2009
Deck and Hull Equipment
• (1) Bruce and (1) Fortress anchors
• Steelhead Marine 1500# yacht davit, rebuilt winter 2020
• Novurania 15' tender with 90 hp Honda outboard (new in 2018)
• Triple Kahlenberg horns
• 6-man Revere life raft (new 2019)
• Fire extinguishers for all cabins; Serviced May 2019
• Co2 Fire extinguishing system; Serviced May 2019
• (1) KOALA life ring
• (1) ACR Rapid Fix 406 GPS Interface EPIRB
• Covers for all aft deck furniture
• Covers for outboard engine and console of Novurania
• Covers for 2 flybridge helm chairs
• New Textilene covers for aft windows and Pilothouse in 2019
• (1) sets of dock lines
• (2) ball fenders
• (4) fenders with covers stored 2 to a bag in canvas bags in the cockpit
• Wet Spot Soft Water Wash Down System
• Decks: Side decks and foredeck are painted white with non-skid.
• Underwater lights installed under cockpit, April 2009
Lazarette and Cockpit
A large "Aircraft" style door leads from the forward section of the cockpit down into the lazarette. The lazarette houses the rudder posts, steering gear, Trace Inverters, the fuel overflow/ventilation tank, battery banks, selector switches, charger, and Cablemasters, (as described in the electrical section of this listing). In addition, there is a small sink to port of the door.
Opposite the crew cabin and to starboard is the crew head with full shower, Raritan freshwater toilet, cupboard, and sink with mirrored cabinet over it. There is also a large 110v light here as well as an opening port with screen.
All the way forward in the bow is the captain's cabin with an ample single berth (port side) with 6 drawers underneath, two cedar lined hanging lockers, a desk with two additional drawers and six cupboards. There is also a reading light over the berth as well as Halogen recessed lighting, two stereo speakers, an opening port with screen and access forward to the chain locker.
At the aft end of the crew companionway, down and under the folding steps from the galley, are the laundry room and engine room. The laundry room is well lit and has top of the line Miele equipment and full headroom. Aft of the laundry room is the stand-up engine room.
Mechanical and Engine Equipment
• Main engines: Twin Caterpillar 3412's, 1350hp @ 2300 rpm. Hours: Port -
3,297; starboard - 3,296 to 03/20
• Consumption at 14 - 16 knots cruise - 40 gph
• Rich Beers Air conditioning, (2) 5-ton chillers; (2) in-line heaters
• Filtration Concepts, A1226 watermaker; FCI:1200 per day
• Wesmar RS932 stabilizers, 9 sq. ft. dual cylinder roll fin stabilizers
• Side-Power SP285TC bow thruster, s/n 1298626, 20 hp
• (2) New 24V bow thruster batteries
• 38" X 38", 4-bladed bronze propellers
• 3" diameter shafts
• Dripless shaft seals
• Racor fuel polishing system (approx. 2.5 gal. per min.)
• Power fuel transfer system (3-4 gal. per min.)
• Fuel counter
• ZF Model BW 190 transmissions, 2:1 ratio
• Wagner hydraulic steering - new assembly in 2019
• 20-gallon Seaward stainless hot water tank
• (2) Accumulator tanks
• (1) New, AC potable water pump
• Centralized emergency bilge pump system for all compartments
• DC bilge pumps in each watertight compartment
• (2) 24v engine room Omni directional blowers
• ACv air compressor
• New Marine Exhaust Systems exhaust (2002)
• Spare filters for mains and gens
• Spare impellers for all engines
• New Racor filters for mains in place of old-style fuel filters, April 2009
• 24 / 12V DC system
• Trace 4,000-watt SW4024MC2 inverters / charger system
• (2) Onan 20MDKAE generators, 20 kW each, port hours - 4,900, starboard
hours - 5,979 (03/2020)
• Heat exchangers flushed and oil changed 2019
• New 24V + 110V wiring in 2002
• New electrical panel by Ward Marine in 2002
• ISO 100 Boost transformer (located in engine room)
• 120/240 VAC Shore Power Splitter: (1) 100A input to (2) 50A outputs built by
• All new batteries (engine, house, generators) in 2018
• Sentry 24V 50-amp SM series back-up charger (lazarette)
• Battery voltage meter (lazarette)
• Battery switch for house batteries (lazarette)
• Perko selector switch (lazarette)
• 24V DC / AC sub panel (lazarette)
• (2) Shore power Cablemaster with 100’ of cord each (lazarette)
• (2) Shore power inlets: (2) 50-amp, 125/250V (port and starboard – forward in
• (2) 50’ Shore cords
(2) 320 gallon water tanks (port & starboard amidships)
(2) Black water - 232 aft and 68.5 forward
(1) 250 gray water tank in lazarette
10' cockpit was fabricated and added at St. Augustine Marine in 2002.
• Pilothouse window frames taken down to bare metal, primed, and painted
• Old caulking removed and replaced with new Sikaflex
• Boat hauled, bottom sanded, new bottom paint applied
• Boat hauled for bottom paint.
• Topsides repainted and areas of superstructure touched up where needed.
• New electronics installed (see list under Electronics).
• Racor filters for mains installed in place of old-style filters
• Underwater lights installed under cockpit
• Major service work on both gens
• Routine maintenance done on mains
• New flybridge cushions
• New flybridge covers
• New destroyer wheel on bridge
• All air conditioners serviced
• Wesmar stabilizers completely overhauled and new gyro/digital brains installed
• New KVH M5 satellite TV installed
• All new entertainment system
• Some exterior varnish stripped and refinished
• Galley and pilothouse soles revarnished
• New headliners in aft deck, main salon, and pilothouse
• New upholstery galley settee, main salon sofa, and aft deck settee
• All new batteries
Recent work 2019/2020:
• Bottom sanded and one coat paint, prop speed applied (October 2019)
• New exterior paint (foredeck, top deck, and cockpit in Summer 2019)
• Aft deck door to cockpit rebuilt – starboard side
• Engine room bilges cleaned, Diamond Plate floors sandblasted and repainted
• New Bimini Stamoid top
• New flybridge Strataglass type enclosure
• Teak rails & trim: All exterior varnish stripped, and 10 coats of Epiphanes applied
• New steering ram assembly
• New stabilizer rams and hoses
• Aft deck dining table refinished
Total 27'8". With mast at 45 degrees = 22'10". Antenna dome to WL = 21'4".
• Owner’s artwork (To be identified)
• DirecTV control box