WHIRLAWAY - 1996 82' BURGER PILOTHOUSE
Florida United States $2,800,000 USD
Florida United States
Whirlaway has been beautifully maintained by a full-time Captain and mate. This 82' Burger has the preferred walkaround deck, a full-beam master stateroom, and 2 VIP staterooms. The VIP staterooms feature queen beds, built-in draws, and en-suite heads with shower stalls. Captain and mate quarters are in the bow.
The spacious interior includes a large Galley with all the modern appliances and ample seating so the owners and guests can experience an enjoyable start to their day on the water.
The large salon with comfortable seating, expansive tinted windows, and dining area lends itself to entertaining or relaxation.
In between the Salon and Galley is the well-appointed Pilothouse. It has seating options for all the guests to view the scenery and the navigational charts while underway.
The stairway from the pilothouse leads to the grand flybridge, with accommodations and amenities for alfresco dining at sunset or relaxing during the day under the hardtop. The dingy and kayaks can be deplored from this deck for a complete day on the water.
Whirlaway has cruised from Seattle to Alaska, spent beautiful days in the Bahamas, and is ready for the next owner to enjoy adventures that they have been dreaming of.
Notable Refit Features
- New Blue paint on hull sides
- New Matterhorn White on topsides
- New tan non-skid on decks
- New teak swim platform
- New headliner in the salon w/LED lights
- New beautifully crafted custom built-in buffet storage cabinet with a flat-panel Sony TV on a lift in the dining area
- New custom credenza on the Starboard side ( see photos)
- New carpet in the salon and all staterooms
- Six new 3 stage Headhunter toilets
- All new Garmin touch screen navigation equipment (2 Stations)
- New Glendinning joystick docking control with back up (2 Stations)
- New chiller systems for the AC
- New DeAngelo Marine exhaust system on both CAT engines
- New 1,800GPD Sea Recovery Spot Zero Water Maker
- New Twin 60 KW Phasor Generators
- New SS rail and windshield on the flybridge
- Installed new electronic controls and master board unit for Naiad stabilizers
- Installed KVH worldwide dual-band internet receiver and equipment.
- Installed new Marquipt boarding ladder with a swivel platform and two-section steps for dock height flexibility.
- Custom Hardtop installed 2017
- Revere 6-person offshore life raft 2018
An expansive entertaining area for alfresco dining with ample seating and amenities. The flybridge has a duplicate set of Garmin electronics in an identical layout for ease of use and safety to those found in the pilothouse except the three Chart plotters are 17”. The helm has two Stidd Helm chairs, a large expansive fiberglass hardtop, an L-Shape couch with a table just behind the Captain's seat. This area has a wet bar to the Starboard side with a refrigerator, sink, electric grill, and a two-person settee. Behind the seating area aft of the hardtop shaded area is the 12’ Air Ship RIB which is deployed by a Nautical Structures EZ2500 Davit on the Port side. Also in this area is the new Revere 6-Person offshore Liferaft canister.
On the top side of the hardtop, you will find the new twin Garmin array antennas, and new dual KVH Domes. A KVH HD7 Tracvision and a V7 ip Tracphone
- New custom wood table
- New soft goods
- New stand-alone freezer
Full Walkaround decks with Port, Starboard, and Aft entrance doors to the Salon. The aft deck has a stainless steel ladder to the flybridge and Starboard stairway down to the swim platform to a massive watertight door to the engine room. A new MarQuipt boarding ladder with a swivel platform can be installed port or starboard, aft or midship, and at various heights to accommodate fixed docks.
- Kahlenberg D-2 Horn
- ACR RCL 600 Spotlight
- Maxwell VWC3500 Windlass
- Nautical structures EZ2500 Davit
- Polished stainless steel anchor exiting the starboard side
- The bow has built-in seating, a large storage area, and a Burger Chrome bell
- Port and Starboard 100 amp shore power hookups located in the bow
- Hydraulic Bow thruster
- Glendinning wired remote engine and thruster controls; one forward and one aft
- Aft Settee with new soft goods
- New custom wood table.
- Stairway to the teak swim platform and massive engine room door
- Hatch in the sole for access to the engine room while underway
- Port and Starboard aftwarping capstans
- Stainless Steel railings
- Glendinning electric retrival system for the 100 amp power cord.
- The main salon has expansive windows that are set low enough so you can enjoy the view while seated.
- New Headliner (2019)
- New LED lighting in the overhead (2019)
- New carpet
- New Drapes
- New freestanding furniture
- New headhunter toilet in the convenient day head on the port side
- New beautifully crafted custom buffet storage cabinet with a flat-panel Sony TV on a lift in the dining area
- New custom credenza on the Starboard side ( see photos)
- Tinted windows
This country-style Galley has ample seating so owners and guests can start the morning off in pleasant surroundings, enjoying the view from the well-placed windows. All galley appliances were replaced and upgraded in 2018
- GE Monogram SS Refrigerator.
- SS Oven
- Flat CooktopSS Microwave
- Fisher-Paykel SS two draw super quiet Dishwasher
- SS Trash compactor
- Garbage disposal
- Installed new HD TV with a new Direct TV tuner
- Installed a new Pantry with shelving and drawers in the galley passageway.
The helm has three 22" Garmin Chartplotters, The helm layout/equipment is identical to that found on the FlyBridge (17" screens of FB) for ease of use and safety. Dual Stidd leather helm chairs, a large expansive windshield with new intermittent wipers. A large seating area with a table behind the helm. This seating arrangement allows all the guests and the helmsmen to be together and enjoy the day underway. The entire group can watch the passage on the large triple screens and enjoy the scenery out of the expansive windows. To Starboard is the passageway to the flybridge with a sliding glass door.
- Glendinning electric shifter/throttle controls installed on both stations
- (Show to: Public)
- Master Stateroom
- Full beam master
- King size bed (forward bulkhead) New mattress
- Large stall shower with etched glass panels separating the port and starboard heads
- New carpet
- HD TV
- Two large cedar closets on each side of the Master Stateroom
- Stackable washer and dryer in the foyer just outside the staterooms.
VIP Port and Starboard Guest Staterooms
Both Staterooms have the following features.
- Queen bed, New mattress
- Ensuite head with stall shower with glass enclosure
- Flat-screen TV
- New Carpet
- Built-in draws
- (Show to: Public)
- Captains/Crew Cabin
- Forward of the Galley is a stairwell on the starboard side to the two-person crew quarters with twin over/under berths, full washer, and dryer, crew head with shower, HD TV
- Rebuild top end of main engines. and installed new heads
- All Caterpillar Service recommendations were done
- Hoses and lines were replaced and connected with the new style clamping system for better reliability
- Installed substantially larger heat exchangers, and seawater pumps
- Increased horsepower from 1300 to 1350 per engine
- Replaced all engine exhausts with new; components built by DeAngelo Marine. 2018
- Installed new electronic controls and master board unit for Naiad stabilizers 2018
- 1,800 GPD Sea Recovery Spot Zero Water Maker New 2018
- Replaced 12 volt Master Volt battery charger
- Replaced 24 volt Master Volt charger
- Replaced all ships batteries.
- Two new brand 60 KW Phasor generators w/new power takeoff 2019
- Installed two High Definition cameras in the engine room.
- All new AC Chillers 2020
Electronics and Navigation
- The flybridge has a mirror set of Garmin electronics and navigation equipment in an identical layout for ease of use and safety to those found in the pilothouse except the three Chart plotters are 17”.
- 3 Garmin, GPSMAP 8622 MFD with the preloaded US and Canada BlueChart g2 and LakeVu HD, 22” Screens (Pilot House)
- 2 Garmin Remote input device
- Garmin Card Reader
- 3 Garmin GMS 10 Network Port Expander
- Garmin Fantom 6 Open Array w/pedestal
- 3 Garmin GPSMAP 8617 MFD with preloaded US and Canada BlueChart g2 and LakeVu HD, 17” FlyBridge Screens
- Garmin GXM 52 Sirius XM Marine Receiver
- Garmin gWind Transducer
- Garmin GSD 24 Remote Digital Sounder
- Other Upgraded equipment in the pilothouse Helm makeover and entertainment Upgrades
- Simrad NAC-3 Autopilot Computer
- 2 Simrad AP48 Autopilot Controller
- Fusion Sirius XM Receiver F/700 Series
- 6 JL Marine 6.5” Cockpit Speakers
- 2 Icom M506 VHF
- 2 Icom Command Mics
- ISIS (Integrated Shipboard Information System) fiber-optic monitoring system to display readings at the helm Including new computer
- Axis M3024-LVE High Definition Camera
- Axis M3025-LVE High Definition Camera
- Fusion Wired Waterproof Remote Control
ExclusionsThe owner's personal items and artwork are not included in the sale, a list will be provided prior to the survey upon request