LA LUNA - 2008 73' KING MARINE Dixon 73
Valencia £985,000 GBP
Spain. Of high tech construction with a carbon rig and powered in-boom furling, she has proven herself to be a capable and easily handled world cruising yacht. Still in her original ownership, she has flush decks and a large decksaloon with a beechwood interior. The guest and owners' accommodation is aft - offering a large owners' stateroom, VIP cabin and large upper and lower berth cabin. The galley is equipped for serious feasting and she has generous crew accommodation forward. She is available fresh from a Berthon Spain pitstop and is ready for her next ocean.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull – Vacuum infusion e-glass with PVC foam core on a male mould, with carbon reinforcement.
- Deck – E-glass composite with PVC foam core and carbon unidirectional reinforcement.
- Re-antifouled March 2020.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin with bulb.
- Spade fully balanced rudder.
- 1 x Lugger 1066H (250hp/186.4kW continuous rating).
- ZF 285a gearbox
- Engine Hours: c. 4200 at March 2020.
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 11 knots.
- Consumption: 12.5 lph @ 8 knots approx.
Propulsion & Steering:
- West Mekan 4-bladed variable pitch propeller system (825-850m).
- Lewmar 15hp hydraulic bow thruster.
- 220-230v system.
- 2v cells, 1000a/h on service batteries, 300a/h on navigation batteries, 12v starter on main and generator (can be paralleled), all gel-type.
- 12v Starter battery on main engine replaced 2019.
- 35 amp alternator on generator.
- 65 amp alternator on main engine; to charge own starter battery.
- 195 amp alternator on main engine for service and navigation batteries.
- 20kW Northern Lights generator; removable through soft floor if needed.
- Generator Hours: c. 3800 at March 2020.
- Hubble shore power connection with stainless steel socket.
- Full onboard hydraulic system with 2 x 3000w DC motors and 1 x generator PTO.
- Hydraulic & ships monitor PLC – Jacksons, New Zealand.
- 2 x Fresh water pumps.
- HEM 2500 watermaker 300lph (Hours: c. 870 at March 2020).
- Total fuel capacity of 2,600 litres.
- Refurbished 2019.
- Total water capacity of 1,100 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total grey water capacity of 300 litres.
- Total black water capacity of 400 litres.
- Full B&G H3000 instrumentation and pilot.
- Furuno radar/chart plotter.
- Fleet 150 broadband.
- Ship’s computer and screen.
- Isotherm fridge and freezer cooling systems.
- Full Miele electric oven with gas hob.
- Miele Dishwasher.
- Miele Washer/Dryer.
- Miele Microwave.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruisair TWC 36 times 2 x air conditioning chillers 72,000btu, with internal heating elements.
- 32” Samsung LCD flat screen.
- Bose speakers & also in cockpit.
- DVD/radio/iPod dock/hard drive/PC plug-in.
- 23” Samsung drop down flat screen.
- Mac Mini PC – DVD/wi-fi.
- Bose Speakers.
- B&G full function display.
- 21” Samsung flat screen mounted on bulkhead.
- Mac Mini PC – DVD/wi-fi.
- Bose speakers.
- 21” Samsung flat screen.
- Link to ship’s chart plotter.
- B&G full function display.
- 24v halogen lighting – and LED.
Summary of Acccommodation:
LA LUNA has a light and airy interior which is finished in Beech. This was upgraded in 2016 with soft furnishings that enhance the feeling of space internally. The large and comfortable owners’ stateroom aft boasts a huge island bed with a sofa each side. Acres of storage and well sized en-suite. There is also a VIP guest double aft and large twin cabin, with the VIP heads set up to act as a day head also. She has generous accommodation forward for 2 crew. The accommodation has been refreshed throughout including new Ocean Air blinds in the main saloon (2019).
- Foam/honeycomb core with veneered overlay.
Description of layout from forwards:
From forward there is a large lazarette with skipper’s accommodation which has a double berth to port with storage ahead of this. There is a sofa to starboard and separate heads aft with shower stall. Access to the deck via the large forward hatch.
A door leads to the lower saloon where there is a comfortable curved sofa to starboard and the large, well finished galley to port. Ample storage as well as huge refrigeration.
Up steps to the panoramic main saloon with seating to port with table and a further sofa to starboard with a well laid out nav station aft.
There is easy access onto the deck with a vast cockpit and large table with drinks fridge. Twin wheels aft make for two separate areas. This means the cockpit is great for entertaining whilst still being a part of the sailing experience.
Internally aft and down steps is the entrance to the engine room, which has excellent access to all systems.
There are 2 guest cabins – a large double to port with its own heads and an upper and lower berth cabin to starboard.
The owners’ cabin is aft with a double berth, and sofas either side of the berth and large heads compartment.
Note: Haya Beech veneers throughout, with white paint in crew head.
- Hall spars lenticular carbon rigging.
- Hall spars carbon in boom furling system and mast.
- PBO backstay, kevlar runers, Reckman furler.
- All deck gear by Harken.
- Hydraulic Harken winches.
- 388sq/m AP spinnaker.
- 245sq/m code 0.
- Doyle Stratos jib, main and staysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Carbon stowaway anchor system with 105lb CQR anchor and 100m grade 8 10mm anchor chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood and complete set of covers in Charcoal Grey Sunbrella.
- Overall cover for shore storage.
- Transom cover.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 410 tender, with custom heavy duty hypalon tubes and Suzuki 50hp 4-stroke; 250 engine hours.
- Safety gear will need servicing before the summer programme.
- New liferafts serviced 2019 - 3 year service interval.
- FM200 fixed installation in engine room.