CARPE DIEM - 2008 73' 4" HATTERAS 72
Fort Lauderdale United States $2,249,000 USD
Fort Lauderdale United States
- CAT C32's installed new in 2014 (due to warranty issues with original C30's)
- New TNT Hydraulic swim platform
- CAT warranties valid until November 2023
- Low hours on machinery
- Yacht Controller wireless docking system
- Full walk around main deck
- Davit overhaul and new motor
- New props, plus a spare set
- Factory installed portholes in port & starboard staterooms, in addition to
- “Control 4” AV control system throughout
- New larger BBQ grill
- Owned in a transferable, single entity corporation
- Includes a 2015 25' Sea Hunt with twin Yamaha 150's
Amongst other notable upgrades Carpe Diem is fitted with the desirable CAT C32 ACERT main engines, rather than C30’s, making her much more reliable, and with existing Platinum warranties valid until November 2023 buyers can rest easy.
The current owner has meticulously maintained the yacht with two full-time crew, and has lovingly updated her with beautiful interior fabrics, and upgraded systems.
Carpe Diem represents incredible value in today’s market. Currently held in a transferable corporation, she’s a turnkey solution for anyone looking for a spectacular family yacht, or great charter platform.
Upon entering the main salon you’re greeted by a light filled open plan salon and dining area, encompassing a full service sit down bar, perfect for entertaining, and generous seating.
The satin wood, light fabrics and quality detailed stonework give this bright room a contemporary, luxurious, and relaxing feel.
To port is a full service granite-topped wet bar, with a 50" flat screen TV (wall mounted above), icemaker and refrigerator, and to starboard is a large sofa and coffee table. An iPad linked to the yachts AV system via the “Control 4” program, allows you to select from a selection of entertainment options.
Forward of the salon area is an elegant varnished dining table, and two glass front cabinets for china and formal flatware.
Forward again is the beautiful country style galley.
This open and social area features full size stainless steel appliances, central island preparation area, and breakfast dinette with built in wraparound leather seating.
This stylish galley is also finished with satin African Mahogany, granite countertops, and durable “Amtico” teak and holly flooring. Being positioned all the way forward on the main deck, this room benefits from panoramic views thanks to the sweeping forward windows, and direct access to the bow seating area is made easy via two wing doors on either side of the galley.
This level also features a well appointed on deck day head, with window.
All staterooms are located on the lower deck, the master stateroom is full beam and features an oversized king berth, walk-in closet and a his/hers head connected by a huge glass enclosed shower.
This light filled stateroom has 6 large oval-shaped portholes, giving spectacular views of the horizon.
The three additional staterooms (two doubles and a single) are located forward of the master, also finished in satin African Mahogany and the heads have stonework consistent with the rest of the vessel.
All staterooms have flat screen HD TV's with “Control 4” controls, and individual air conditioning units.
This versatile deck is air conditioned for comfortable cruising during the summer months, and can be heated if desired.
Large upholstered wrap around seating to port and starboard with two small pedestal tables allows the area to comfortably entertain large groups, and the full service wet bar ensures all their needs are met.
Aft of the enclosure is the boat deck complete with 1500 lb davit, port and starboard docking stations, and upgraded BBQ grill.
The main deck aft area has teak decking and a wide built in stairwell giving easy access to the fly bridge. Forward facing built in seating with a varnished wood pedestal table on the aft deck for outdoor dining, and a drop down LCD HD TV.
Carpe Diem also features a newly installed custom TNT hydraulic swim platform, full walk around decks from the aft deck area all the way forward, and adjustable sun bathing cushions on the bow.
- CAT C32 ACERTS 1,700hp (CAT Warranties valid until November 2023) 1000hrs (as of 10/15/2019)
- Gearboxes: ZF Gears (model 2350) reduction gears 4.00:1 ratio
- Drive: 2x Federal Nibral 8-blade proppellers (48" x 65.25")
- 4” Stainless steel prop shafts
- Barry vibration dampening engine mounts
- Block heaters on main engines
Generators & Electricity
- 2x 27.5 KW 120/240V, Onan generators, 2700hrs (as of 10/15/2019)
- 240/120V shore power system
- 2x Glendinning 100 amp power cords forward
- 2x Glendinning 100 amp power cords aft.
- Fuel Capacity: 2,220 US Gallons total
Aft (740 US gal)
Mid (1020 gal)
Fwd (460 gal)
- Water Capacity: 300 gal
- Holding Tank: 350 gal.
- Black Water Tank: 300 gal
- Grey Water Tank: 185 gal
- (4) Air conditioning zones & reverse cycle heating w/digital CruiseAir SMX controls
- Reverse Osmosis watermaker
- ABT Trac Hydraulic Stabilizers w/digital display at helm station
- Hydraulic dual prop bow thruster w/control at helm (also controls at wing stations and aft deck station)
- SeaStar hydraulic steering
- CAT backup manual engine controls at port & stbd, fb deck and the lower station at the aft deck
- Hatteras Yachts Monitoring System (monitor screen at helm station)
- Dual RACOR primary fuel filters on each main engine
- 24volt DC bilge and sump pumps, two at 2000 gph and six at 3700 gph with heavy duty float switches and guards
- Bilge high water alarm system with 6 sensors
- 4x underwater lights
- Bennett Trim Tabs w/ controls at helm (hydraulic)
- KitichenAid 4x burner ceramic cooktop
- Whirlpool convection oven w/broiler
- Sharp carousel microwave/convection oven
- Double door srefrigerator
- Badger in-sink disposal
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Whirlpool trash-compactor
- Whirlpool stacked washer/dryer in stateroom companionway
- Central vacuum system w/multiple outlets for hook up
COMMUNICATION, NAVIGATION, & ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS
- KVH M7 TracVision satellite reception system providing depth 72mile radar w/digital split range radout and a 6' open array scanner
- 4x separate GMDSS DSS SAT receivers
- 2x Icom ICM604 VHF radios at helm
- GPS: Garmin
- Automatic Pilot: Simrad AP25 24volt hydraulic autopilot system
- Chart Plotter: 2x RayMarine GSeries color GPS plotters with GPM400 processors
- Furuno RD30 multifunction digital displays w/depth, water temp, air pressure, air tem, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, vessel speed, ect.
- ELBEX video monitoring system w/flybridge processor, remote control and both aft deck and ER compartment telescoping cameras
- Compass: RITCHIE Powerdamp dashmount compass
- 100lb nonmagnetic grade stainless steel plow anchor w/approx 250' galvanized 3/8" G4 high tensile chain
- MarQuipt davit TL2-1500 (1500lb)
- MarQuipt Tide Ride boarding ladder in hidden compartment inside at the superstructure
SECURITY, FIRE FIGHTING & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Type IV m.o.b. ring
- Complement of type(s) I & III PFD's
- ACR RLB35 GFix EPIRB w/hydrostatic release (S/N 4433)
- Dual trumpet horn
- ACR remote controlled spotlight
- Escape portholes in topsides hull, port and starboard master stateroom