1995 65' ROYAL HUISMAN Motor Yacht Huisman 65 Custom Twin Screw Motor Yacht Palma Spain £1,200,000 GBP
1995 65' ROYAL HUISMAN Motor Yacht Huisman 65 Custom Twin Screw Motor Yacht Palma Spain
HUSH is a very special yacht. She has impeccable pedigree – with hull design from Raymond Hunt and build by Royal Huisman – but also in her execution and condition today. HUSH has been kept in “tip top” condition. Her semi displacement hull uses a deep vee profile, combined with a grounding skeg, to ensure best weather ability and best protection for her running gear. Excellent headroom throughout below decks with first class joinery. 3 well-appointed ensuite cabins, generous living areas, bow sunbed area, flybridge, aft deck and cockpit and main saloon with excellent views through the deep windows.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1995 65' ROYAL HUISMAN Huisman 65 Custom Twin Screw Motor Yacht Motor Yacht Semi-Displacement HUSH yacht for sale in Palma, Spain today!
She was the concept of her first owner, an experienced Dutch yachtsman, who sought the finest shipwrights of the day (Royal Huisman of the Netherlands) to build him the ideal long-range, high speed (over 20 knots) cruising motor-yacht to the draughts of the ablest offshore Hull design house (C. Raymond Hunt associates, USA). Scrupulous attention was paid to the attenuation of libretto and noise, with the use of Nomex coring for weight reduction, and flowing of interior fittings and machinery to ensure maximum efficiency in a very quiet environment. In terms of seakeeping, she has never given her current owner a moment's worry at sea in all conditions. Her semi-displacement hull uses a deep vee profile, combined with a grounding skeg, to ensure the best weather ability and best protection for her running gear. Hush is exceptionally quiet and free of any vibration underway.
Her handsome classic lines cocoon a calm, timeless, and superbly crafted interior. The wheelhouse and saloon are amply lit by large, glazed windows, and her joinery is elegantly rounded, tactile, and accomplished in its execution. The helmsman's console is concisely laid out in a simple, effective manner, with three big forward screens giving an excellent view over her bows, and there are steadying handholds and decent fiddles throughout. The lounge and dining area, just aft of the helm, is refined and displays more of Royal Huisman's proficiency in construction and quality with more richly varnished woodwork, soft fabrics, and seamanlike flourishes; just feel the profiles of the companionway stairs and enjoy the soft marking of the selected teak side panels - this is quality that Is both incredibly rare and very pleasing. Hush has excellent headroom throughout and exudes charm and character with the quality and performance you expect from a Bespoke "Royal Huisman Yacht" which has been meticulously maintained. The impression of best practice continues through the galley area (linear, clean, light, and space-efficient) to the accordion. The joinery is first class in the finish, the fittings are appropriate, and the effect is one of simple elegance, with a superb full-beam en-suite aft stateroom, and two well-appointed en-suite guest cabins forward. Of course, all this is naught without a well-engineered beating heart, and so to the machinery space.
A pair of powerful uncomplicated gold painted MTU's sit flat on a pair of massive engine beds, with particular attention being paid to the filtration of lubricants, raw water, and correct ventilation of the environment. The checker-plate tread plating, gloss overhead panels, and neat pipe and cable runs to deliver a very precise and slick feel, with all to hand and accessible. The engine room is full height and very spacious.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Aluminium alloy Hull, deck and superstructure, built under Lloyds supervision to HCC-PC Classification.
- Aluminium alloy of 50831H321 quality for sheets and G061T6 quality for extrusions.
- Hull painted in 2018 with a two-part awl grip system in Dark Blue.
- Superstructure painted in 2019 with two-part Awlgrip system in Oyster White.
- 8mm plate below the waterline, 6mm above the waterline.
- 4 Bulkheads, one with a watertight door, giving 5 watertight compartments.
- All tanks excepting day and hydraulic tanks are integral to Hull.
- Exterior fastenings, details, and fairleads in Marine grade stainless steel.
- Capping rails and trim in gloss varnished teak.
- 12mm teak laid to flybridge, aft decks and bathing platform replaced in 2019.
- Side and foredecks painted in Awlgrip non-slip paint in 2019.
- Foam thermal insulation for superstructure and topsides to the waterline.
- Exacting standards of attention paid to acoustic insulation during design and build- thus rubberized floor panels, excellent machinery room insulation to the waterline, and sound/vibration attenuation.
- Recessed Hull anodes.
- Awlgrip painted communications and navigation mast (can be lowered onto supports if required) with boom and powered winch for tender launch and recovery, repainted 2019.
- 2x underwater lights fitted.
- Easy access to the engine room via a watertight door from the galley area.
- Headroom in engine room of +/- 1.5m.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2x MTU 8V (Mercedes-Benz) 8-Cylinder twin-turbocharged and inter-cooled diesel engines - continuously rated at 666HP, with a major MTU W4 service in 2018 at 2870 Hours and serviced as required since.
- C. 2992 Hours at 09/2021.
- Water-injection to steel/stainless steel exhaust system - separation of gas/water via water lock.
- Dual Station ZF Clear Command Gear Controls installed in 2018.
- Start / Stop at both stations with separate emergency stops installed 2018.
- ZF IRM gearboxes with 2.77:1 Reduction ratio and oil cooling via heat exchangers. Major service 2018, and the starboard gearbox new 2018.
- Solid coupling fitted Spring 2016.
- Facet Fuel filters for Day tank transfer - Type MV-11-AG (1200lph capacity with backup pumps.
- Twin Separ fuel filters for each engine with changeover switch.
- Exhaust diverted overboard at waterline under 100RPM and diverted via electric valves to underwater dispersal above this RPM range for quieter operation.
Maintenance and Performance:
- Slow cruising speed of 12-15 Knots: 80 to 120 lph @1600RPM, estimated range =/-900 NM -750 NM.
- High cruising speed of 17-18 Knots: 150 lph @1800RPM, estimated range +/- 680 NM.
- A maximum speed of 24 knots: 200lph @ 2200 RPM.
- Servicing schedule: Major MTU service in 2018, yearly oil services since due to low hours of use. Generator serviced as hours require.
Propulsion and Steering:
- Sleipner Side-Power Bow and Stern Thruster installed 2009 with controls to both helms and proportional controls system.
- Lips fixed pitch 5 blade bronze propellers on 70mm stainless shafts.
- Hydraulic steering system - overhauled 2016- With emergency tiller and pressurized reservoir fitted 2018.
- Aluminium rudders.
- Rexroth Hydradyne hydraulic trim tabs with gauges to both helms (now Fixed to setting).
- Spurs rope cutters fitted to shafts.
- 240/220V AC Power @50HZ via Trafa OSD 220V/25A polarity-safe transformer, updated for AC installation in 2018.
- 240/220V Power supply points throughout accommodation and machinery spaces.
- 24V DC ships supply.
- Cranking batteries (2 x 24v Sonneschein DS85 /120AH traction batteries), with emergency by-pass.
- Service batteries (1 x 24V bank of Rolls 2V cells replaced 2018) housed in lazarette.
- Generator start battery.
- Service Battery chargers – 2 x Victron 24V/50 AH, located in lazarette.
- Cranking battery charger - Victron Energy Centaur 24v/16amp, replaced in 2018.
- Inverters – 2 x Victron Phoenix 24V/ 1500, 2014 and 2019, located in lazarette.
- Magnetronic DCG 4000 battery control system.
- Engine Mounted 24V alternators charging service bank at 55AH.
- 12KW Northern lights M844 four-cylinder generator, with remote stop/ start panel.
- Hours recorded: 2394 at 09/2021.
- Single Separ fuel filter for generator.
- Water/gas separator for generator exhaust.
- 220V shore power inlets to aft starboard cockpit, with capacity meter, upgraded 2018.
- Shore power cable
- Voltage monitoring including instrumentation and alarms at Galley switch panel, upgraded to NMEA backbone 2018.
- Main breaker panel to engine room with full systems drawings.
Freshwater and Heating Systems:
- Freshwater system - Twin 24V pressure pumps in Lazarette, updated 2019.
- 60L hot water tank - heating via 240V AC Immersion and Webasto Diesel heater.
- Freshwater and seawater outlets to the foredeck.
- Hot and cold shower to bathing platform.
- Aquamatic 1400 self-flushing water-maker fitted in 2018. In engine room.
- 1x 24V DC pump.
- 1x 220V AC pump.
- Manifold system to all compartments.
- Starboard main engine water cooling pump can be connected as an emergency machine room pump.
- Automatic 24V DC bilge pumps fitted throughout in 2018.
- Tank Capacities are total volume, usable capacity will vary due to boat trim and sea state.
- Deck fillers fore and aft for fuel and water, and backwater discharge connector.
- The total capacity of =/- 6470 Litres.
- 1 x +/- 2120 litre integral aluminium forward tank with inspection hatch - opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- 1 x +/- 1150 litre aluminium middle tank with inspection hatch - opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- 1 x +/- 2150 litre aluminium aft tank with inspection hatch - opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- 1 x +/- 250-liter day tank.
- 2 x electric fuel transfer pump between all tanks with an emergency manual hand pump.
- Digital tank status to galley updated 2018.
- The total capacity of +/- 960 litres in two integral 480-liter aluminium tanks with inspection hatches - opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- Digital tank status display to the galley.
- Custom water polishing machine installed to lazarette 2018, with zero spot washdown system and brush.
Grey and Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Total greywater capacity of +/- 600 litres in two plastic/aluminium tanks with inspection hatches, opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- High-level alarm with 2x 24v automatic pumps to divert overboard when active, serviced 2018.
- Total blackwater capacity of +/- 600 litres in two plastic/aluminium tanks with inspection hatches, opened, drained and cleaned 2018.
- Pre-High and High-level alarms with 2x 24v manual pumps to divert overboard, or divert to shore facility, serviced 2018.
- Black tanks can be flushed with saltwater pump via a valve system.
- Mac PC fitted 2018 with charting software connected to Phillips display.
- B and G Zeus 3, 16” Plotter, remote control, Precision 9 compass and Simrad Halo 3 Pulse Radar unit fitted new 2018.
- B and G GPS fitted 2018.
- B and G Hercules 690 system with 2 x MFD at helm and repeaters to the galley, forward and owners’ cabins.
- B and G Depth sounder.
- B and G Anemometer.
- B and G Electronic compass.
- Magnetic steering compass.
- Simrad AP44 autopilot with twin controls, one at the lower helm and one at upper, new 2018.
- Central Helm station.
- Simrad autopilot with twin controls, and rudder indicator, new 2018.
- Magnetic steering compass.
- Kahlenberg electric air horn / Foghorn.
- Jabsco searchlight.
- B and G digital radar and plotter fitted in custom housing 2018.
- Simrad RS82 DSC VHF to both helms.
- Handheld ICOM VHF set.
- HF 150 radio receiver to lower helm.
- Iridium satellite-phone installed 2018.
- 4G and Wi-Fi network installed in 2018.
- Epson XP422 laser-jet printer.
- Internal telephone system.
- Plentiful storage in lockers and drawers for kitchen utensils and provisions.
- Ventilation and light from opening port-lights, vents, and opening deck hatch.
- Baumatic module 4 burner gas hob and oven, new 2018.
- Fan-driven extractor hood above cooker.
- Miele M709 microwave.
- Twin stainless-steel sinks with mixer tap.
- 120-liter stainless steel refrigerated box built into Corian galley top, new 24v salt water-cooled system installed 2018.
- 200-litre freezer box 24v salt water-cooled system installed 2018, set into galley floor.
- Wine Cooler installed by entrance to engine room.
- Icemaker installed 2018, under galley sink unit.
- Miele clothes washer-dryer, installed in the engine room.
- 3 x electric freshwater-flushing Raritan Crown marine toilets with major service and new toilet seats in 2018.
- All shower heads etc replaced in 2018.
Heating and Air-conditioned Ventilation Throughout:
- Complete Climma Air conditioning system installed in 2018, with 2x compressor systems running air handlers in all cabins. The system was designed with extra capacity to ensure reliable and efficient operation.
- Windscreen air vents.
- Passive ventilation through hatches, and deck Dorade vents.
- 24V fan ventilation to Heads compartments.
- Crossflow adjustable fan system to the engine room.
- TV/DVD player to the main Saloon, smart Samsung TV with IPTV linked to the 4G system, new 2018.
- TV/DVD player to Owner’s cabin, smart Samsung TV with IPTV linked to the 4G system, new 2018.
- KVH Tracvision dome with sky decoder, linked to both TVs in the main saloon.
- Navigation lights - Mast, stern, port and starboard and anchor - 24v DC.
- LED deck lights to Navigation mast and Boom.
- LED spotlighting and diffused LED lighting throughout, updated 2018.
- Engine Room Lighting - 24V DC.
Six berths in three cabins, consisting of:
- Forward twin berth with ensuite heads and shower.
- Portside guest double cabin with ensuite heads and shower.
- Aft owners’ double cabin with ensuite heads and shower.
- Exquisite satin-finish honey teak interior joinery, with varnished teak and holly interior soles, throughout most of the accommodation - all cabins and the saloon have Ivory carpets installed in 2018.
- Longitudinal fully equipped galley set on the lower level to starboard.
- Raised saloon abaft of interior helm, with comfortable sofa seating and a large dining table to port.
- Aluminium framed opening portholes with plexiglass and some insect screens.
- Hora single-glazed windows with removable privacy netting.
- Sliding wheelhouse side-doors to both decks with opening windows, and half-glazed wheelhouse door to the raised aft deck.
Forward Guest Cabin:
- Direct access to the deck via a ladder (which doubles as a side boarding ladder) and large hatch.
- Two single berths in a vee configuration with a generously sized wardrobe to starboard.
- The berth to port is elevated with drawer storage below.
- Good standing headroom (+/- 2 meters).
- Opening port-lights.
- Teak and holly sole, ivory carpet and ivory linings.
- Air Conditioned.
- LED lighting.
- 240V AC outlets.
- Ensuite Heads with Raritan WC, shower and hand basin.
Port Guest Cabin:
- Two single berths with drawers beneath.
- Drawer storage in nightstand.
- Hanging wardrobe.
- Opening port-lights.
- Overhead hatch.
- Good standing headroom (+/- 2 meters).
- White timber sole, ivory carpet, and ivory linings.
- Overhead LED spotlighting and reading lights.
- 240V AC outlets.
- Ensuite access to heads/shower with Raritan WC, shower and hand-basin, please note this also serves as the day head with a separate access door at the bottom of the forward stairs.
- Set along the starboard side, with sink unit and storage on centreline and cooker, fridge and stowage outboard. Steps down aft to the engine room. Three steps aft lead up to the wheelhouse.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Two doors (Port and starboard) to side decks with air pressurized seals, and door to the aft deck.
- Good standing headroom (+/- 2 meters).
- Navigator’s bench sofa to the port of helm recovered in blue fabric, 2018.
- Chart table and stowage.
- Chart reading lights.
- Adjustable leather-bound central helm chair with arms and adjustable footrest recovered 2018.
- A stairway down and forward to galley and forward guest accommodation.
- Plentiful storage in various sized drawers and lockers.
- Comfortable three-seater sofa to the starboard side reupholstered in blue fabric, 2018.
- Large, polished teak fixed dining table to port, with fitted upholstered seating for four or five on two sofas, plus three occasional teak directors’ chairs, all reupholstered with blue fabric, 2018.
- Storage under sofas.
- Ivory fabric curtains for all saloon windows.
- TV and music system set in a teak unit forward and central in the saloon.
- Teak and holly sole, ivory carpets laid and ivory linings.
- Air Conditioned with 2 air handlers.
- 240V outlets throughout.
- Overhead LED downlighting and reading lights.
- Four stair companionway aft to the teak semi-glazed door with direct access to the raised aft deck and then to the flybridge.
- Companionway stairs down to aft to the owner’s cabin.
Owners Aft Stateroom:
- Double berth to port, with storage drawers beneath mattress (replaced 2018).
- Opening port-lights and deck hatch, with companionway access to the aft cockpit.
- Dressing table to starboard.
- Storage drawers and lockers, with bookracks and handholds in polished stainless steel.
- Two Double front hanging wardrobes.
- LED downlighting and reading lights at the head of the berth.
- 240V AC outlets.
- White timber sole, ivory carpets laid, and ivory linings.
- Ensuite access to heads/shower with Raritan WC, separate shower stall, and hand-basin.
- TV (set on forward bulkhead port side) and Music system.
- Laid to teak, with two watertight inset hatches for access to lazarette.
- Access to owner’s stateroom from the aft deck, and to side decks.
- Twin shore power inlets.
- Aft deck seating on two lockers, reupholstered 2018.
- Aft transom boarding door with steps from the swim platform.
- Ensign socket.
Bathing Platform / Lazarette
- Laid to teak 2019.
- Removable swimming ladder.
- 5x stainless steel grab handles.
- Access to the steering gear.
- Very large storage space.
- Custom carbon Passarelle with carbon fibre gangplank painted in dark blue Awlgrip, new 2018.
- Guard wires and stainless-steel stanchions to side and fore decks.
- Varnished timber housings for navigation lights.
- Two adjustable helm and navigators’ chairs to forward fly-bridge, with arms and adjustable footrests.
- Storage lockers in the main console.
- Stainless steel windshield frame with tinted acrylic screens.
- L-shaped seating with cushioned pads, on teak, laid locker tops, around the solid varnished teak table with stainless steel grabs.
- Cushioned seat for two to starboard on teak laid locker top.
- Companionway aft on teak treads, with stainless steel rails to the aft deck.
Anchoring and Mooring Equipment:
- Twin stainless-steel rollers through bow for anchoring with twin Ultra stainless-steel anchors.
- Maxwell 3500 anchor winch with capstan up/down switch on the foredeck. Motor replaced 2019.
- CQR anchor (spare) and 90m galvanized anchor chain in a lined deck locker.
- 4 sets of aluminium deck cleats and one set of bow fairleads, one aft central cockpit fairlead with horns.
- Manual Lewmar 54 S/T docking winch to the aft cockpit coaming.
- Various mooring lines (2018).
- Fenders all replaced in 2018, with DC fender inflator.
Covers, Canvas and Cushions:
- Privacy shade netting to saloon windows 2018.
- Front wheelhouse screens cover.
- Nav light boards cover.
- Winter flybridge cover.
- Cushions for flybridge and aft deck seating all replaced 2018.
Safety & Fire Fighting Equipment
- 8 Person liferaft, new 2020.
- 2 horseshoe life rings with lights.
- 15 inflatable lifejackets.
- McMurdo E3 category 2 40+ EPIRB.
- Radar reflector.
- 24V electric heavy-duty fire pump.
- 76L-50KG CO2 canister for remote engine room firefighting.
- 8 portable extinguishers in accommodation.
- Fire blanket for galley.
- Smoke and heat detectors to the engine room and lazarette spaces linked to the main ships alarm panel.
Tender & Outboard
- Williams jet rib, low hours new 2018.
- Tender cradle fitted to the aft cabin top.
- Tender launched on mast boom with electric winch.
- The mast and boon allow for the steadying sail which is ideal for slow speeds and anchoring.
Recent Yard Maintenance
Works Carried out in Audax Yard (Palma) 2019 Winter:
- Superstructure paint complete refresh - any areas of corrosion ground out, treated, filled and complete repaint in Awlcraft Oyster White, new non-skid applied. This programme was carried out to all white paint on the boat.
- The decision was made to replace the remaining teak on board, including teak to the swim platform which was previously a non-slip painted surface.
- The work carried out was to a high quality and checked throughout the process.
- Zero spot washdown and water treatment installed - a water treatment system was installed on board, ensuring clean drinkable water when filling up from any area.
- Antifouling and anodes - all usual yearly antifouling and anode replacement was carried out by the yard, along with checks to all running gear, bearings etc.
- Main engine works by MTU specialist - Main engine yearly checks and works, including replacement of solid impellors inside water pumps, and thorough checks of the coolant system due to the hot climate.
- ROYAL HUISMAN chrome lettering installed - this was installed to both sides and aft of wheelhouse.
- Name board installed – a varnished name board with gold leaf installed to either side of wheelhouse aft of light boards.
- Generator heat exchanger clean and service - whilst reliable, the decision was made to clean and service the heat exchangers along with replacing the end caps and the 100-hour service.
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.