Mikhaya - 1988 42' MOODY 425
This Yacht Is No Longer Available
Just back from cruising and ready to go again! "Mikhaya" is the best equipped Moody 425 out there, and is the perfect world cruiser for you and your family. Read the following list to see just HOW well-outfitted she is. Her owners spared no expense in getting her ready to cruise and have spared no expense in maintaining her. She is self-sufficient and solid, featuring a newer engine, new keel bolts, wind, solar, and more! With all that's been done to her, it's like you're getting a brand new boat but with the tried-and-true design aspects and seaworthiness of the Moody. It's no secret that these are highly desirable boats. Among some of her recent upgrades are:
- Hull above waterline, cabin top, cockpit and nonskid re-gelcoated, 2016
- CopperCoat antifouling, applied 2014
- New standing rigging, 2015
- Rocna 20 Anchor, newly galvanized, 2018
- Fortress FX-37 spare anchor
- Delta 55 lb spare anchor
- 240’ of 5/16”, HT chain, newly galvanized, 2017
- Quick Horizontal Windlass, with optional rope drum.
- Mantus chain hook for chain snubber
- Pressurized Salt water washdown hose and nozzle in anchor locker.
- AutoStream, feathering, adjustable pitch (forward and reverse) propeller
- Re-upholstered salon, v/berth, and Nav Station cushions with commercial, abrasion-resistant ultra suede, 2011
- Reversible owner’s aft cabin mattress with memory foam topper, 2013
- Removed carpeting on bulkheads in vberth and aft cabin. Replaced with teak laminate.
- OceanAir Deck hatch screen/shades, and Sunbrella sun covers, all hatches, 2013
- Ceiling insulated, 2009
- All LED lighting and Nav lights, including SignalMate combo anchor/tri-color light with photocell.
- Bimini and dodger in Sunbrella Plus fabric, full enclosure (strataglass and screen), replaced 2013
- Teak plywood cockpit seating surfaces and cockpit sole replaced with solid, 5/8” thick teak. Looks new.
- Suede Leather wheel cover
- All running rigging replaced over the past 5 years
- Radar reflector mounted on mast.
- New main sail and Genoa, 2016 kept old for spares
- Roller furling Genoa (Furlex with new bearings in 2013) and mainsail (Seldén Mast)
- 4:1 purchase, Genoa cars, adjustable under load
- 6:1 or 3:1 purchase, easy-adjust main sail sheet
- Asymmetric Spinnaker, whisker pole, and Spinnaker pole
- Stainless Steel tubing stern arch with integrated dinghy davits
- Arch has integrated outboard motor hoist and storage pad
- Arch supports 2, 240watt solar panels (480 watt total)
- Solar panels controlled by MPPT controllers, one per panel. Spare MPPT controller
- LifeSling with new, Sunbrella cover installed on stern rail.
- 4 man Plastimo life raft installed on stern rail. New in 2011. Needs recertification.
- Ubiquiti Bullet M2 WiFi amplifier with wireless router
- Hot and cold water shower on sugar scoop stern.
- ICOM 706 MKII G HAM Radio with antenna tuner, including 13.8 volt DC power supply
- PACTOR III modem with serial connection to a USB converter
- ICOM 502 VHF with remote Command Mic in cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed, depth and autopilot control instruments
- Wireless Raymarine Smart Controller, hand held autopilot control, also displays all NMEA data.
- 12 volt sockets, 2 at Nav Station, 3 in owner’s cabin, 3 in cockpit
- 100 amp/2000 watt inverter Charger with remote Link Battery monitor. Replacing April,2019 with Xantrex Charger/inverter with pure sine wave inverter.
- Xantrex Echo Charge, starter battery charger
- Yanmar 4JH4, 54 hp Diesel engine installed 2010, with 2300 hours, oil changed as per Yanmar recommendations
- New, 3” exhaust hose and water lift muffler installed.
- Spare raw water pump, injector, exhaust elbow, belts, alternator, starter.
- Shop Manual and Spare Parts Manual for Yanmar engine.
- 2nd, high output, 150 amp alternator with independent external voltage regulator. Spare voltage regulator.
- New Firefly Carbon Foam Batteries installed, February, 2019
- Optima blue top engine starting battery
- Village Marine Little Wonder 160 watermaker. New membrane, 2019
- Aluminum water tanks replaced with HDPE plastic, 2009
- All steering cables and housings replaced, 2012
- All mushroom through hulls and ball valves replaced with Groco US-made seacocks 2012
- Keel bolts replaced, 2012
- High capacity electric bilge pump in addition to service electric bilge pump
- Folding window shades, All portlights, except for quarterberth cabin.
- Larger, hanging locker installed in cabinetry of owner’s cabin
- Separate deep freeze and refrigerator. Both compressors, water cooled via potable water tank.
- Entire fridge/freezer rebuilt with vacuum panel insulation and lower fridge drawer
- Whole house carbon water filter on all potable water
- Microwave oven in custom cabinet
- 100 gallon potable water in two tanks. Aluminum tanks replaced with HDPE, 2009
- 77 gallon diesel fuel in one tank
- Dual primary fuel filter system. Filters can be switched, changed while engine is running.
- 400 watt wind generator installed 2015, includes silent blades
- 26” flat screen energy efficient Samsung TV on swivel arm.
- Omni directional TV antenna on mast.
- Mermaid Marine 12000 BTU reverse cycle Air Con and Heat, installed 2015
- Avon 10’2” Hypalon RIB with Sunbrella Chaps
- Yamaha Enduro 15 hp outboard engine for dingy, new in 2015
- Lasdrop Gen II dripless shaft seal, installed 2018
- Galvanic isolator
- 316 Stainless Infra-Red propane barbecue grill
- Portable, Hoover Commercial vacuum cleaner
- Sun awning. Covers from bow to stern in two sections
She is located for the season in Brunswick, GA. Call me today to go see her!
- Boat Name
- Keel: Fin
- LOA: 41 ft 8 in
Beam: 13 ft 4 in
LWL: 34 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 21220 lbs
Ballast: 8400 lbs
- Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2010
Engine Model: 4JH4
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2300
Engine Power: 54 HP
- Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (77 Gallons)
- Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
- Furling genoa
- Steering wheel
- Inside Equipment
- Air conditioning
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
- Electrical Equipment
- Shore power inlet
- Outside Equipment/Extras
- Bimini Top
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.