Fifth Day - 1996 63' HINES FARLEY 63 Convertible
Saint Petersburg Florida $599,000 USD
Saint Petersburg Florida
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
Entering the large salon, your attention is commanded by the beautiful custom Walnut wood interior. The look is very clean and understated with indirect lighting, diffused A/C vents, hideaway latches and hinges. A very classic look.
The L-Shaped leather sofa is to port and across to starboard is a custom concealed rod storage with additional swivel chair seating for two. There is a beautiful burlwood high low table accenting the walnut interior.
Forward, to starboard, is the main U-Shaped galley area featuring a side by side refrigerator/freezer, a microwave convection oven, and abundant storage. Across is additional galley cabinetry, including refrigeration, ice maker and the entertainment center.
Moving forward, down the companionway to port is the captains/guest stateroom featuring over/under berths that are very generous in size with plenty of storage and access to the large head and separate shower stall.
Across, to starboard, you will find the huge master stateroom. It has stunning custom woodwork along with great storage and multiple hanging and storage closet space. The oversize head and separate shower is forward.
Going forward in the companionway, to port is the washer/dryer and across to port is more storage and an electrical sub panel.
All the way forward is a guest stateroom which features 2 large bunks, one large berth to port and another large berth to starboard. This area has fantastic storage and its own full head and separate shower.
Engine room access is through the cockpit cabinets.
This area is beautifully crafted with rich grain matched, bookend, Walnut Woodwork. The wood is a hand rubbed satin finish. The lighting is all perimeter, recessed and flush mounted in the valance boards so the headliner is clean without interruption. Cabinets are all blind fastened and the overall look is very clean and understated. Air conditioning is diffused through indirect vents behind valance boards incorporated into the indirect lighting for a quieting effect, and a clean look.
The entertainment center is port side forward and behind the cabinets.
- High Density Sound deadening for engine room
- Electric Pneumatic Sliding Salon Door
- L-Shaped Custom Leather Sofa with Full Storage Underneath
- Large concealed Rod Storage to starboard, (electro-mechanical opening)
- (2) Swivel chairs
- Custom High Low Burlwood Settee table
The galley is up, and forward, in the salon. To starboard the galley is U-Shaped with a side by side refrigerator. All of the cabinet drawers are blind mounted and flush with very generous pull out sides. Forward, there is a fully concealed, double sink and Jenneaire 2 burner rangetop, accessed by a slide-away countertop. The galley faucets have an electric "pop-up" mechanism to allow for flush countertops.
There is an Island countertop, (aft and center with storage), running fore and aft. that completes the U-Shape. Across the walkway is additional cabinets with undercounter industrial ice maker, a freezer/refrigerator, a concealed food processor center that cleverly disappears flush (with an electric pop-up) into the cabinet when not in use. Above this cabinet is the entertainment center.
With all of the appliance concealed beneath opening countertop slides or the pop-ups, (and the cabinets with blind hinges and latches), the galley is clean and uncluttered with lots of free working space. Countertops are a solid surface composite. Storage is abundant.
- Double door side by side Kenmore Refrigerator/Freezer Starboard
- Custom Electric Slide-away Counter Top for Cooktop
- Custom concealed pop up faucets beneath hideaway counter top
- Sharp Carousel Convection Oven
- Kitchen Aide 2 burner rangetop (concealed)
- Trash Compactor
- Abundance of Storage
- Custom Pop Up Concealed food processing center
- Jenn Air range in cockpit
- Scotsman Ice Maker
- Undercounter refrigerator with freezer portside
- Cockpit freezer
Electronics have had a recent upgrade.
- Garmin 7612 MFD (2015)
- Garmin XSV 15" MFD (2015)
- Furuno FCV 295 Color Fishfinder (2018)
- Simrad AutoPilot AP 22
- Furuno Nav-net 72 Mile Radar (2010)
- Icom VHF
- Satellite Phone
- Remote Spot Light
- Satellite TV Receiver Tracking KVH antenna
- (2) 20 KW Northern Lights Generators with 3,200 hours each
- New electrical end on port generator
- 50 Amp 220 V shore power service
- Glendenning Cable Master
- 12-40 Battery Charger
- 24-50 Battery Charger
In 1999 the owner removed the original MAN diesel engines and replaced them with the Caterpillar 3412 engines to improve the reliability of the vessel. These are mildly tuned 1350 HP, electronically fuel injected engines with full NEMA computer capability and Cat Vision displays as well as conventional full electronic displays.
In 2012 the vessels engine computers were replaced, as such the hour meters were replaced. Currently engine hour meters show 2,250 on port and 1,950 on starboard. It is estimated that both engines have in the range of 5,500 hours.
Exhaust risers new in 2017, aftercoolers serviced in 2018.
- (2) 20 KW Northern Lights Generators with 3,200 hours each
- ZF 2.5 to 1 reduction gears
- Cooling system serviced recently including aftercoolers (2018)
- MMC Electronic Shift and Throttle, (Current series computers new in 2012)
- Cockpit, Flybridge and Tower controls
- Caterpillar digital displays
- Caterpillar Vision display
- Caterpillar Manual gauges in Engine Room
- Wesmar Bow Thruster
- Tides Dripless Shaft packings with two spare carriers per shaft
- Delta T style engine room demisters
- "Water Maker" R/O desalination
- Eskimo Ice Machine (Serviced 2019)
- Dual Racor Filters for each engine with manifold
- High Velocity exhaust blowers
- Hydraulic Power assist Steering
- Spare Propellers
- 3.5 inch propeller shafts
- Cruisaire Reverse Cycle AC (4 zones)
- Grundfos Domestic Fresh Water Pump
- Head Hunter Electric Heads (3)
- Fresh Water System has (2) Headhunter Pumps In-Line for Backup
- International teak ladder back helm chairs white awlgripped (2)
- 3-Sided EZ2CY panel surrounds the helm station 2018
- Full 3 Sided F/B Enclosure (new and unused) 2018
- Life raft (out of certification)
- Full engine instrumentation with computer and electronic displays
- 110 V GFI receptacle
- L-Shaped seating forward
- Locking Rod storage Concealed
- Ice chilled bin for drinks
- Single lever Palm Beach pod helm with custom covered electronics boxes
Boat was commissioned by a very experienced husband and wife team to be the ultimate offshore fishing and cruising machine.
- Pipewelders Tuna tower with integrated fiberglass hard top, buggy top and full tower controls
- Triple spreader Pipe Welders outriggers
- Teaser reels in hardtop
- Eskimo Ice Machine
- Cockpit Freezer
- Custom Concealed Rod Storage in Salon and Flybridge
- (2) Fish Boxes with macerator pumps
- Tackle Center with bait prep sink
- Fighting chair with backrest and rocket launcher
- Transom door
- Tower station with engine controls, Full gauges, Furuno Repeater, and Sea VHF
- Cockpit controls
- Teak Cockpit Combing boards
- Teak overlay in cockpit
- Frameless style tinted windows
- Welded aluminum rails
- Pipewelders Tuna tower with controls and buggy top
- Transom Tuna Door
- Quicklift dinghy davit
- 14 foot "Jolly" fiberglass dinghy with 50 HP Suzuki O/B
- Windlass with chain gypsy and capstan
- Anchor pulpit and roller
- Pneumatic salon sliding door
- International Ladder Back helm chairs (2)
- Cockpit freezer
- (2) Custom deck step boxes
- Marquip side rider ladder
A great example of one of the finest large tournament Convertibles ever crafted. This is a one owner boat that has been well cared for by a very experienced fishing couple.
With her Caterpillar engines she is a very reliable and fuel efficient offshore boat that is a true joy to operate. Boat has just had her engines serviced, a fresh coat of bottom paint and a complete buff and wax. She is offered in turn key condition. She is owned by a Delaware LLC as the sole asset.
Her pedigree speaks for itself. She was built to the highest standards of her times with incredible attention to weight savings and function.
This is a very rare opportunity to own a legend in the world of sportfishing.