1984 63' 2" MASON Cruising Ketch Ketch Half Moon Bay California United States $299,999 USD
1984 63' 2" MASON Cruising Ketch Ketch Half Moon Bay California United States
Te Vega is a 1984 Mason 63 staysail ketch - a beautiful world class sailing yacht that embodies the definition of a sea-kindly blue-water cruiser. She's ready for her next adventure.
Designed by Al Mason, Te Vega is very reminiscent of the classic Rhodes and Sparkman & Stephens motor-sailors, which is not surprising considering the number of years that Al Mason spent designing for both of those firms.
Te Vega is a center cockpit, 3 stateroom design with a spacious flush teak deck. She's been professionally maintained over the last 4 years with great attention to detail, and recently completed an extensive refit with numerous upgrades. A proven bluewater cruiser and Mexico veteran, and recently sailed from California to Hawaii and then back to Half Moon Bay, CA where she is currently docked.
She's also in a transferable LLC which will save her next owner substantially on sales tax
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1984 63' 2" MASON Ketch Cruising Ketch Te Vega yacht for sale in Half Moon Bay, California, USA today!
The main engine is a 120 HP 4-53N Detroit diesel. The engine has been completely rebuilt (including exhaust) in April 2019 and only has 200 hours on it. It has a 100 amp alternator, freshwater cooling, primary and secondary fuel filters, and Morse mechanical controls. The engine purrs like a kitten and it is good to go for a long time!
The generator is a Northern Lights 6.0 newly installed in April 2019 with only 135 hours on it. It has an impressive custom-built metal base that it is attached to for extra security and accessibility.
- Newly rebuilt 1984 Detroit 4-53N 120 HP - 200 hrs
- Engine & exhaust / lagging April 2019
- Max Prop - New installed - March 2019
- Velvet Direct Drive Transmission - New 2017
- Cruising speed: 7 knots
- Maximum speed: 9.5 knots
ELECTRONICS & NAV EQUIPMENT
The helm station is in the spacious cockpit area. There is a helm seat at the control station with a dodger, bimini, and extended fly. The large stainless-steel wheel is mounted at the bulkhead of this panel. Looking forward you see the compass, engine gauges, rudder indicator, chart plotter, radar, depth sounder, autopilot, engine controls, and a switch panel. The area has a large entertainment table and a circular seat along the aft portion of the cockpit. Great area to spend time while at sea or in port.
- Raymarine windspeed / windpoint
- Raymarine C-90W Chart plotter
- Raymarine GPS
- Raymarine C-80 Radar
- Raymarine Autopilot ST-70
- Raymarine boatspeed / log
- Raymarine compass
- Depth sounder - (March 2019)
- SSB Radio - (March 2019)
- ICOM VHF IC-M506 - (March 2019)
- Clarion Marine Stereo - (MARCH 2019)
- Marine speakers throughout vessel - (SEPTEMBER 2018)
- Radar Reflector
- Bow thruster - 24V
- Battery charger Nov 2019
SAILS & CANVAS
- Mainsail, furling genoa, furling staysail, mizzen - (April 2019)
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Cockpit cushions July 2017
- Dodger, bimini, and extension June 2018
- Main & Mizzen stack pack covers April 2019
- Stainless steel standing rigging - April 2019
- Running rigging - April 2019
- Chain Plates - April 2019
- Main and Mizzen masts were removed, treated, painted, rewired, reset - April 2019
- Hydraulic Steering - rebuilt hydraulic
- Electric winch was rebuilt Feb 2019
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT
This Mason 63 is a 3-cabin layout. Starting at the bow there is a teak-lined v-berth with storage cabinets and good hanging locker space. This a perfect guest stateroom. Just aft to starboard is the old head area that has been converted to hanging storage and a tool workshop. Across the hall is an accommodating 4-person settee for meals and relaxation. Just aft to starboard is a fully equipped galley with stove, oven, sinks, wall-mounted refrigerators with great food storage and counter space, like that of a world-class cruising yacht.
Further aft is a couple of steps that go up to the spacious raised salon. Ample light filters in through the great forward portlights and large windows on each side. Plenty of ventilation pours in through the hatches as well as the companionway to the cockpit. Aft again down a couple of steps are the aft staterooms. The starboard stateroom is an over and under-bunk suite suitable for two single crew. The aft master stateroom is spacious and has an adjoining head, large settee/berth, and a large queen/king berth with a custom made folding mattress for easy accessibility to under-bed storage. Teak lined cabins add to Te Vega's big cruising yacht character. Both electric heads were serviced with new pump in aft head, Feb 2019. Air conditioning (2 units) and heating - fully serviced March 2019
The master berth was remodeled in from a small full to a Queen/King bed with custom built mattress that folds up to access the underneath storage and cabin sole.
- Dinette Cushions: Sept 2017
- Salon Cushions: Re-upholstered Jan 2019
- Fans: Installed new July 2017
- Lighting: All new LED lighting June 2018
The galley is forward of the salon to starboard. It's a horseshoe configuration with a large stainless-steel propane stove and oven at the end. Looking aft there are two large hinged teak doors for access to the plate refrigeration, and good counter space. The forward side has two stainless steel sinks with hot and cold freshwater. There is also a separate faucet with an under-counter filtration system. Counter space is abundant, there are several cabinets with great storage, and there is a pantry close by. There is a lead glass-doored wine cabinet, and storage just above that adds style and character to the cabin. All in all, this is a fully functional blue water galley that can be used to prepare meals at sea, or in port with style.
- AGM batteries throughout boat - March 2019
- Northern Lights 6KW generator - April 2019
- Battery charger Newmar 40 amp, 24V Promariner ProNautic
- Water maker - serviced Feb 2019
- Electric bilge pumps (2)
- Manual Bilge Pump, 2019
- Hot water heater
- Refrigerator was fully serviced Oct 2019
- 9' RIB tender on davits with 9.9 HP OB
- 112 LB CQR anchor with ½"" galvanized chain
- Shore power inlet - 110V AC and 12V DC onboard.
- Life raft - 6 person capacity- serviced and certified April
- Fresh water - 4 Stainless steel (400 Gallons)
- Fuel tanks - 4 (900 Gallons) - Inspected and serviced March 2019
- Holding tanks - 3 (150 Gallons)
Additional Units Included