Floridian - 2016 61' 4" MARLOW
Palmetto Florida United States $1,995,000 USD
Palmetto Florida United States
Deck and Hull
The 53E Marlow Explorer is one of the few yachts in the world built by a manufacturer who has taken the time to fully optimize her basic hull design. Most yachts built today are very similar to each other and their predecessors built over the past 30 years. This Marlow Explorer is finished with a beautiful Kingston Gray painted hull and Toreador Red boot stripe for an unmistakable presence on the water. Once aboard you will notice the superb finish found on every Marlow Explorer as you look from stem to stern. The Full Stack Infusion process David Marlow invented, developed and executed produces a textbook fiber to resin ratio that can NEVER be approached by hand lamination. There are no seams from the transom to the bow, including the Portuguese bridge due to the three main molds of hull, deck and house that gives the yacht unimaginable strength in heavy seas. The raised pilothouse, Portuguese bridge, wide side decks, and state of the art semi-displacement hull makes this Marlow Explorer one of the most comfortable and safest yachts in heavy seas. The side decks are fully protected by fiberglass bulwarks topped with varnished teak cap rails and 316L stainless steel handrails that are waist high aft and even higher forward. The stainless-steel anchor is set up with all chain on the dual gypsy windlass. The bow rail is hardy oval shaped 316L stainless-steel package. When you see a Marlow Explorer hauled out of the water and on land, you notice very quickly that the yacht is blocked at the bow just like every other boat, but at the stern she rests on her Twin Velocijet Strut keels. The propellers are protected well above the bottom of the keels and it is obvious that a light grounding on a sand bar will only result in some worn bottom paint. What is not so obvious is how well these strut keels make the Marlow Explorer handle in a following sea. It’s simply unbelievable! The lateral resistance provided by the Twin Velocijet Strut keels makes the boat track straight as an arrow with little rudder correction even in a following sea.
When you enter the salon from the aft deck you feel the spaciousness of the vessel's 17'3"beam. This beautifully designed salon has a gorgeous area with stunning panoramic window views throughout the salon and on through the galley. The tinted windows and teak blinds allow just the right amount of light into your vessel. On balmy and sun filled days you can capture organic ventilation from the aft salon door as it can be easily unlatched and slid open to create a large 5' wide opening. This is where you can feel the pleasant breeze as well as see many beautiful waterways and enjoy a romantic alfresco dining experience on the aft deck if desired. The salon has (2) elegantly designed Ultraleather settees which are strategically placed and counter balanced, one on each side, with the wrap around L-shaped settee to starboard for generous seating when entertaining. Aft and to Starboard of the salon there is a large flat screen TV in a custom cabinet with a desk underneath. This is the perfect at anchor set up! There is a beautiful teak table with Compass Rose inlay in front of the Starboard settee with two magazine racks on either side. Just aft of the 3 stairs leading to the galley is a Uline Icemaker. The overhead teak valance on the starboard side has 3 sets of slots that diffuse the air-conditioning through the entire salon.
- Bose Home Theater System
- Samsung LED TV 40”
- Uline 2115 15” Icemaker
- Upgraded granite topped bar area
Moving forward you will find the pilothouse just three steps up from the salon and includes thelower helm station, dinette, and galley. There are port and starboard exterior doors that lock open or closed, a staircase forward to starboard descends down to the three staterooms and a staircase on the port side aft ascends up to the flybridge. The galley is very well equipped with top of the line appliances and plenty of refrigeration, freezer space and ample storage that provides room for weeks’ worth of food and supplies while extended cruising offshore or down island cruising. The spacious dining and entertaining area to the forward port side of the pilot house provides for ample lounging, dining, or entertaining while underway or dockside.
• Ocean Air blinds
* Garmin GHP20 with Smartpump
* Garmin VHF300
* Lower pilothouse windows ceramic tinted (2020)
* Two Uline refrigerator/freezer units (4 drawers)
• Upgraded Miele cook top smooth with Stainless sea rails
* Upgraded Miele combo microwave and convection oven with bake option
• Franke stainless steel sink
* Uline 2115 Wine cooler port side cabinet (fwd)
* Uline 2115 Fridge port side cabinet (aft)
You will not find a more well-appointed custom woodwork detailed or spacious Master Stateroom in any yacht under 70’, PERIOD. With a King Size bed on center line, His and Hers heads and a shared large center shower in between, you can’t help but feel at home and will be comfortable for any amount of time aboard. There are ample storage drawers and hanging lockers to accommodate living on board for as long as your adventure at sea allows.
- Upgraded bamboo and ebony flooring on all lower levels
- Upgraded maple wood package on lower level
- Upgraded cabinetry trimmed and detailed in maple and teak
- Upgraded Camphor burl nightstands and dresser tops
- Upgraded Shoji screens port and starboard sides
- Samsung LED TV 32”
- Engine Room pass thru access through the aft shower doors
The VIP stateroom forward has a custom David Marlow designed centerline berth with plenty of storage in the drawers under the bunk and in the 2 hanging lockers port and starboard. The upgraded Ocean air screened overhead hatch provides light and fresh air with a 3-option full open, bug screen or black out shade configuration.
- Upgraded cabinetry in maple/teak trim
- Upgraded Camphor burl nightstands
- Samsung LED TV 26”
Starboard Bunk Area
The Companionway is very light and airy with maple/teak trim and the satin finished Bamboo and Ebony floors. The Miele Combo Washer/Dryer is located forward and port of the MSR door with a large Uline freezer directly across on the starboard side.
The EZ2CY enclosed flybridge with hardtop is an excellent place for all weather cruising and entertaining guests with two upgraded 360° rotatable Stidd helm chairs for maximum comfort, style and entertaining flexibilty. The fly bridge is accessible by stairs from inside the pilothouse and outside from the aft cockpit. A full complement of electronics are immediately forward of the large custom stainless-steel Marlow wheel. The console has displays for anemometer wind velocity and direction, water depth, and boat speed. The VHF and yachts intercom phone are within easy reach. There is a gelcoat table and comfortable seating for up to 6 people plus the two rotating captain’s chairs for a total of 8 people seated in comfort.
• Two Stidd helm chairs
* Two Garmin GPSMAP 7616 with built-in sounder
• Garmin GHC-20 Marine Autopilot control unit
* New Fire Magic gas grill with (3) 9.5lb propane tanks
* Naiad stabilizer controls
• Wireless yacht controller
* Marquipt 600lb davit with winch
* Two ACR RL-50 searchlights on Hardtop
When entering the engine room from the Master Stateroom you will open a large watertight bulkhead door designed for easy owner access. Service access is from the aft through the Lazarette. Professional captains often tell us that the Marlow Explorer has the best engine room they have ever been in on a vessel of this size. You can get to everything quickly and safely with 6'2" of head room and full walk around room. The engine room is very well lit with LED lighting. The two John Deere 750HP engines and generators are easily accessible. The fuel system is very simple with a very large tank (upgraded to hold 2000 gallons). The air-conditioned engine room keeps the area cool, dry and corrosion free. There is also 3 engine room cameras for monitoring this area from the helm.
• Northern Light generators (20kw primary to port and 9kw night/back up to starboard)
• LED lighting
• Technicold chilled water A/C system
• Yacht controller
• Fire Boy fire extinguishing system
• Backup freshwater systemin companionway water pump room
• Engine hour meter, gauges, and start/stop at helm
• Emergency engine stop at helm
• Bow Thruster 15HP, 24V at helm
• Stern Thruster 15HP, 24V at helm
• Morse Electronic controls at helm
· (3) Engine room cameras
· NAIAD electric fin stabilizers
· Victron 24V battery charger
· Victron 12V battery charger
· 3500-Watt Outback inverter/charger
• 500 GPD Bluewater Desalination Watermaker
· AGM No Maintenance batteries
· Upgraded capacitor style main engine start system
· Upgraded and redundant lower level A/C system that can run off of inverter power or the ultra-quiet night genset.
· Upgraded A/C system raw water plumbing with heat exchanger plate to keep all raw water out of the A/C chillers for reduced service costs. easy maintenance extended component life expectancy.
- New Fire Magic gas grill with (3) 9.5lb propane tanksOffshore Stream 6-person inflatable life raft
- Epirb and fully loaded ditch bag
- Marquipt 600lb davit with winch
- 10’ AB Lummina with 20HP Suzuki outboard 4-stroke
- New canvas - windlass, Fwd windows, gas grill and dinghy
- Tyvex Aft deck shade with removable side sun piece
- Tyvex Fwd window (see through)
- Ceramic tinted lower Pilothouse windows for maximum heat rejection
- New Fwd Flybridge EZ2CY and zippers
- Wifi with sim card- Works great!
- New shaft seals
- Black out window covers and Shoji Screens in MSR
- Upgraded Hunter Douglas Electric Duo Blinds on Salon double doors
- 100lb Ultra anchor on Starboard
- New bottom paint and prop speed (August 2020)
- Freshly coated varnish
John Deere Engine: June 2019 - 4 years or 2000 hours
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the
accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his
agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is
offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warranty the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.