2002 58' WEST BAY Motor Yacht SonShip Vero Beach Florida United States $695,000 USD
2002 58' WEST BAY Motor Yacht SonShip Vero Beach Florida United States
2002 58' West Bay Sonship "Far Reaches"
Far Reaches is a 58’ West Bay SonShip 2002 with 3 staterooms and 2 heads. A raised pilothouse model with excellent accommodations and world class construction, it is one of the most popular West Bays ever built. The hull is a modified-V with Airex coring, prop pockets, and underwater exhausts. The wide, 17’ beam allows for an exceptionally roomy interior as well as walk-around side decks.
Highlights include a tasteful salon with U-shaped seating, two occasional chairs, and an entertainment center; a pilothouse designed with a full-service galley with dinette; a full-beam master stateroom with queen berth, queen VIP stateroom, and 3rd stateroom with over/under berth; and a standup engine room with easy cockpit access. There also is a large lazarette with spacious storage.
Engines and Generators serviced in Nov. 2020.
Bottom painted in April 2021.
Long distance range: 866 NM @ 1000 RPM’s – 9 knots
361 NM @ 1600 RPM’s – 13.5 knots
333 NM @ 1900 RPM’s – 18 knots
WOT 21.6 knots – 250-mile range
Walk Through or Layout:
FAR REACHES may be boarded from either side of the cockpit or from the swim platform that is integrated into the hull. To port, there is a storage cabinet with covered electric grill and a ladder to the flybridge. A sink and cabinet, transom door, hatch to the lazarette, and access to the standup engine room are included in cockpit.
Dual opening centerline doors lead to the salon where a U-shaped sofa is port, two occasional chairs are starboard, and an entertainment center is forward. Up three steps, the pilothouse offers a complete helm station and fully equipped galley and dinette. A staircase leads to the flybridge and another leads below to the full-beam master stateroom with queen berth and ensuite head & shower, the VIP stateroom all the way forward, and the third stateroom fitted with over/under berths. A day head with shower located in the passageway serves the staterooms.
- U-shaped sofa
- Two occasional chairs
- Entertainment center
- Wood blinds
- Electrical panel
- New Frigidaire refrigerator, 2 door 2021
- Maytag, 4-burner range
- GE convection/microwave
- Kenmore dishwasher
- Wooden blinds
- Corian countertops
- L-shaped dinette with Corian tabletop
- Detroit Diesel electronic controls with full displays
- Stidd helm chair
Electronics Plot House:
- Garmin GPS map 5215 Chart Plotter
- Garmin VHF 200
- Furuno radar FR7062 6 KW w/ 6’ scanner
- Furuno FCV 582L depth sounder
- Furuno DGPS GP-36
- ICOM SSB IC-M710
- Simrad auto-pilot AP20
- ICOM hailer
- Raytheon ST60 digital knot log
- Raytheon ST 60 autohelm
- Raytheon depth sounder ST60
- Azimuth Compass
- Center line helm with electronics, helm seat and companion seat
- Full engine controls (DDEC), compass, trim tabs, bow thruster, stabilizers, dual trumpet horns, ACR spotlight.
- Wet bar built-in on port side
- Dual L-shaped settees on either side with small table
- Davit, life raft and tender mounted aft
Electronics (Upper Helm)
- Garmin 200 VHF
- Simrad AP22 autopilot
- Furuno Radar remote display FMD-811
- Garmin GPS map 5212 chart plotter
- Raytheon ST60, multi-function display
Master Cabin and Bathrooms:
- Full beam with queen berth
- Ensuite head & shower
- Cedar-lined hanging locker
- Drawer and TV storage cabinet
- Centerline queen berth
- Hanging locker on starboard side
- Drawer storage on port side
Guest Cabin, 3rd
- Over/under berths
- Storage locker
Guest Head & Shower
- Head & stall shower
- Detroit Diesel Series 60, 700 hp DDEC, 1030 & 1049 hours
- Twin Disc Gears: (2.50:1)
- 3” Dia. SS prop shafts
- DDEC Electronic controls
- Stabilizers, Wesmar #RS600 w/ electric gyro & 6 Sq. Ft. fins
- DDEC engine control station in CP
- Work bench over 12 KW generator
- Hydraulic davit, windlass & bow thruster with PTOs off both engines
- Racor fuel filters
- Water Maker Inc. water maker 18 gph, New 2021
- Phasor 21 KW generator with 50 hours
- Northern Lights 12 KW Generator, 1000 hours
- 12-24-volt DC & 110–220-volt AC with two 50-amp shore cords
- Glendinning Cablemaster shore cord retrieval system 1
- House batteries 3 - Engine - 2 - New 2021
- Engine batteries 2, generator 1, DDEC control batteries 2
- Factory hard top, fiberglass
- Davit, Steelhead Marine hydraulic crane 1500 lb. with power rotation base
- 12’ Rendova RIB, 2002, with 40 hp Johnson outboard, serviced 2021
- Chocks & tie downs for dinghy
- S/S towing bits w/ S/S hawse holes installed port & starboard.
- Lift raft (re-certification required)
- Danforth 60 lb. anchor and 100’ chain
- Anchor windlass, rebuilt 2021
- Bow pulpit and anchor roller.
- Bottom painted 4/2021
- Props painted 4/2021
- Hull buffed and waxed 4/2021
Miscellaneous Gear & Equipment:
- SAT Phone – KVH 50 TracPhone never used. Requires service.
- SAT TV KVH Tracvision 6G, never used. May need service.
- Nutone vacuum system
- Lockbox built-in hanging locker
- Solar panels, 2. New controller, Smart Solar- helps charge batteries at anchor.
- Antennas, 2 new, 4/2021
- LOA = 63’ 6”
- Centerline L = 59’ 6”
- Two salon tables
- Personal photos and owners’ effects
- Two throw rugs, below
- Five salon pillows
- Oriental carpet in salon
Far Reaches is a yacht capable of extended cruising to faraway places and is self-sustainable upon arrival. This yacht’s systems and equipment were selected for reliability and dependability. Examples of this are the Series 60 Detroit Diesel, in-line 6-cylinder, 4-stroke main engines, dual generators, fuel polishing system, stabilizers, water maker, tender davit, windlass, and bow thruster (all hydraulically driven). The current owner has updated the yacht and it is now in ready-to-go condition, offered for sale only because of the owner’s health.