2011 58' 8" OYSTER MARINE LTD Center Cockpit Oyster 575 Palma Spain £895,000 GBP
2011 58' 8" OYSTER MARINE LTD Center Cockpit Oyster 575 Palma Spain
The Oyster 575 is an extraordinary bluewater cruising yacht that is compact for shorthanded sailing yet which has great accommodation for guests. This yacht was built for her current very experienced owners - having owned an Oyster before they were very clear about what works. She has a Formula cutter rigged spar that is push button, a stunning oak interior, that is full of lovely custom touches, and an epic spec for bluewater. She has taken them to New Zealand, and is now ready for her next adventure. She has been much updated through life.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2011 58' 8" OYSTER MARINE LTD Oyster 575 Center Cockpit Cruising Sailboat SOPHISTIKATE yacht for sale in Palma, Spain today!
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, subdeck and superstructure.
- Full teak decks.
- Teak to either side of companionway.
- Teak treads on transom ladder.
- Teak tread infills in two transom step rungs - inc hand cut-outs.
- Engraved tread plates with yacht's logo.
- Stainless steel exterior trim.
- Copper bottom hull treatment renewed 2017.
Keel & Rudder:
- High Performance Bulb Keel constructed of lead. Standard deep draft version 8’10” (2.7M).
- Skeg rudder.
Engine & Gearbox:
- VW Marine TDI 150 5-cylinder turbo diesel, which meets EUCD and US Tier 2 EPA emission requirements. Hours – 1578.9 @ 19.05.2020.
- ZF 63A gearbox.
- Parallel plumbing for engine and generator RACORS with SS dip tray.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Exit Engineering carbon steering wheels - twin pedestal.
- Ambassador rope-cutter on propshaft as well as Prop speed protection.
- Brunton 4 bladed 23” Varifold propeller.
- Sleipner SE170 bow thruster with dedicated battery.
- 12 and 24v and 220/240v ringmain
- AC and DC panels in brushed stainless-steel finish (not black).
- 12V waterproof socket, including dropper (10A max) at cockpit table for lamp.
- 12v cigar lighter type socket at chart table (inc dropper, total draw 10A max).
- Additional 220V socket (for charging portable vacuum).
- Additional double 220V sockets in fwd cabin, saloon (under port side seating), nav table (in fascia), galley (over freezer) and aft cabin.
- 4 x Mastervolt Lithium-Ion batteries are Mk3, 180Ah each, and new May 2020.
- Additional Mastervolt equipment for battery isolation.
- 12v engine starter battery
- 12v generator starter battery
- Engine start to generator start battery 12V "emergency" link.
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 24-100-3, 24v 100A battery charger.
- Second Mastervolt Chargemaster Plus 24-110-2 charger, 24v 110A.
- 24/2500 -220V Mastervolt Inverter MASS.
- Iskra 110A 24v alternator charging domestic lithium ions via MasterVolt Alpha Pro 3 stage regulator.
- 130A 12v alternator charging the separate engine and generator start batteries.
- Onan MDKBM generator - 11kW/220V 50hz. Hours – 797.7 @ 19.05.2020.
- 32A 240v shore power socket for ship’s main supply.
- Second 32A 240V shore socket and lead primarily for aircon loads.
Power Sockets in Deck Lockers
- Waterproof socket and plug in shorepower deck locker for dinghy pump (35A) 12V.
- Waterproof socket in shore power locker 24V for solar panel to charge domestic bank.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold-water system to all sinks and showers.
- Manual filtered freshwater pump at galley.
- Galley sinks have two separate sump pumps and are plumbed independently.
- Quooker water boiler at galley to match other tapware – runs via 220V shore/genset/inverter with minimal amp draw.
- Freshwater outlets (stainless Hozelock fitting) in deck lockers. Both anchor and aft deck locker.
- Deck shower (hot and cold supply) on rear transom.
- Webasto diesel heater, individual fan units and controls in all cabins.
- Air-con system can also be used for heating.
- Seafresh 208A - 220v AC watermaker - approx 140 Ltr/hr c/w product gauge and remote panel.
- Seafresh automatic freshwater backflush with dedicated pump for Seafresh watermaker.
- Electric Jabsco Utility 3000 puppy with par hydro air switch rated at 12 GPM, with float switch
- Henderson MKV manual bilge pump rated at 36 gpm operable from cockpit
- High level bilge alarm
- Additional bilge pump: Whale 9000 electric submersible type.
- Total capacity of 1,300 litres (286 gallons).
- 2 tanks, one starboard midships and one forward.
- Total capacity of 950 litres (209 gallons).
- Tank port side midships.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- Blackwater holding tanks for each head.
- Raymarine flush fit Speed, Depth and Wind.
- Raymarine ST60+ Close Hauled Wind Head - one at each pedestal.
- Raymarine ST60+ Graphic display - one at each pedestal plus one in owner's cabin.
- Raymarine smart controller - wireless remote autopilot control.
- 240E VHF with horn for hailer/foghorn function.
- Ray 240 VHF second handset and speaker in cockpit.
- Furuno NX300 Navtex Receiver linked to NMEA GPS.
- E120W Digital Radar with 4kw radome.
- High Definition colour Radar.
- Raymarine E120 Wide colour radar repeater mounted at pedestal high up.
- SeaMe Radar target enhancer and transponder, dual band version.
- Icom I-CM801 SSB (24v) radio inc DSC - UK type approved.
- Backstay - insulated as aerial for SSB.
- Additional Yachtfunk stand-off's, cable and cable clamps.
- AIS 500 transceiver.
- OS Marine tracker.
- CCTV camera mounted on aft pole.
- VHF docking station and walkie talkies under chart table (with 240V supply).
- Upgraded Windows 10 PC at helm station.
- Stainless Steel combined 900w microwave / grill; Panasonic NN-V623M.
- Bosch WVD24520GB washing machine/drier.
- Dishwasher - Fischer & Paykel single dish drawer in galley.
- Neff electric oven and induction hob with custom made stainless housing with a slide out gimbal system and retainers. Connected to inverter and/or generator. No gas on board.
- Charcoal water filter on galley cold supply (Jabsco).
- Quooker hot water tap in galley.
- Champagne, beer and tumbler glasses fit in to custom made locker immediately forward of galley.
- Stainless steel Frigoboat galley fridge and freezer.
- Icemaker U-Line (220V) - powered from inverter (in main cabin).
- Frigomatic 24V, keel-cooled refrigeration unit for cockpit table.
- Electric heated towel rails to both heads wire covered
- PAR Quiet flush toilets throughout
- Fwd head freshwater toilet with emergency seawater change-over & non-return valve.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 3 x Cruisair Stowaway Turbo aircon units (12k, 16k, 12k BTU at 50hz) inc ducts to side cabins.
- Wire mesh around aircon unit to protect it from items stowed under berth.
- Caframo fans (Bora model white) - 24v - first with CB – galley.
- Caframo fans (Bora model white) - 24v - four of - sleeping cabins.
- Additional Caframo fan over chart table.
- One extra fan in forward cabin and one extra fan in aft cabin plus another fan attachment point in aft cabin
- All dorade guards in stainless steel
- Mesh guards and blanks for dorades.
- Sony TV stowable (rises from behind seating) in main cabin. Flatscreen HD.
- Forward twin cabin TV linked to saloon DVD and has auxiliary sockets. Flatscreen.
- Mirror TV in Aft cabin connected to a DVD player with one pair speakers and iPod dock. The DVD player is below the door of the port aft locker.
- Apple TV and Windows 10 PC wired to network/entertainment system.
- Status Omni directional aerial mounted at masthead for TV and FM.
- Headphones next to TV (behind sofa).
- Interior LED lighting throughout in lieu of standard.
- Dimmers to galley and saloon circuits.
- Extra light (angling) to illuminate picture on port side saloon bulkhead, switched with hullport light.
- Imtra LED reading lights.
- Second boom light between bimini and mainsheet attachment separately switched.
- Spreader lights, with an additional pair on lower spreaders.
- Spreader lights - 3 pairs up, one pair on each set of spreaders switched together.
- Red courtesy light (LED) at sole level, one at each saloon step.
- Extra LED overhead light in galley with a red lens cover.
- Two Labcraft LED lights in lazarette with switch.
- White LED courtesy lighting in cockpit and between helm seats creating walkthrough to cockpit.
- Four underwater lights (second pair on separate switch).
- AquaSignal tri-white upgraded to Bluewater LED
- Oak interior joinery finished in a water-based finish which is lighter than oil based
- Opening portlight from workshop to cockpit.
- Opening portlight from galley to cockpit.
- No inelegant pull rings on floorboards – rubber suckers used
- Teak handrails with stainless stand-offs throughout, with an oval profile.
- Cedar wood lined hanging lockers in all cabins.
- 4-brick safe flush fitted in aft cabin wardrobe with digital keypad.
- Plain edge mirror within in-lay on heads door which is hinged on the forward edge
- Aft cabin book racks.
- Matt white aft bulkhead
- Workshop with white mica top covered with heavy duty black rubber mat.
- Chart drawer with 2 doors below with fiddled shelf behind.
- Separate aft storage bin with hanging bar for waterproofs
- Bookshelf cupboard over watermaker/Racor locker with shelf and fiddle.
- 2 shelves above engine separator and one shelf above genset separator.
- Shelves are approx 125mm deep with similar full height fiddles made of coated wire mesh.
- Stowage for small Dyson vacuum cleaner with 220V socket in locker over fridge.
- Half height shelves with fiddles in aft 2 lockers over freezer.
- Beech in-fills to galley sinks.
- Knife rack.
- Oyster Wedgwood crockery – full set
- Oyster cutlery full set with extra serving spoons
- Half height shelf in locker under microwave.
- Drawer under starboard side saloon seating.
- Half height shelf, in starboard aft locker in saloon.
- Retractable pullman in forward guest cabin allowing lower bunk to be used as sofa
- Mirrors to both hanging locker doors.
- Timber dividers on shelves - 3 each side, one fixed aft of hullport, two movable.
- Strut system for supporting berth base in open position for sail removal.
- Roman Blinds on all hullports except forward cabin
- Coachroof ports have Oceanair blinds
- Mattress protectors for all berths.
- Stainless hooks on the back of doors.
- High quality catches on shower doors and custom flooring.
- Wempe chrome barometer, clock and temperature/humidity gauge.
- Wempe Meteograph barometer which records pressured on a scroll of waxed paper
Description of layout from forwards:
- There is a centerline double guest cabin with ample storage and a door to a lobby.
- There is a spacious heads compartment to starboard with separated shower stall with solid door.
- To port is an upper and lower berth cabin which shares the heads compartment which also serves as the yacht’s day head.
- The main saloon is accessed aft of the lobby.
- There is a large dining area to port and seating to starboard with the athwartships nav station aft of this.
- The table has extending flaps and an attractive inlay.
- Port aft from the saloon is a second workshop cabin with a single berth with cupboards and workbench under.
- This is where the main access to the machinery space is located.
- To port is a generous linear galley at the end of which is found the owners’ stateroom.
- This large master cabin has a good-sized centerline double-berth and en-suite heads compartment with separated shower stall with solid door.
- Keel stepped cutter headed sloop rig with in-mast furling.
- Rig fully overhauled November 2017.
- Wichard padeyes for halyard parking aft of dorade guard adjacent to mast both sides.
- Four folding padeyes for MCA side deck jackstays, 2 fwd, 2 aft.
- Passerelle halyard/topping lift, XCS mast clutch, SS spreader bar, wires and stays.
- 2m stainless steel pole on aft deck for aerials also incorporating aft deck floodlight switched on pedestal.This floodlight plus spreader and courtesy lights can also be activated by alarm remote control.
- Webbing jackstays (gold colour) to padeyes.
- Cutter rig including self-tailing secondary winches, tracks, rigging, halyard, clutch, furler & furling staysail.
- White painted aluminium Formula mast
- Spinnaker package - pole vertically stowed on mast with butt hoist winch. Pole topping lift and foreguy, one halyard, pair sheets, guys, blocks and fittings. Carbon pole (Formula mast).
- Preventer lines (12mm spectra w / 6mm tails) fixed on to boom to attach to lazy pole downhaul.
- Folding mast steps x 2, 1.25 metres below mast head.
- Formula Stoway hydraulic drive driven via a power pack
- Second pair of genoa cars mounted at front of track.
- Reckmann hydraulic furling on genoa
- Reckmann hydraulic furling on staysail
- Lewmar Commander 400-3 with twin motors for mainsail, genoa furling & hydraulic outhaul function.
- Extra function for hydraulic inner stay.
- Karver top-down KF5 furler with custom Kevlar stay.
- All lines are Mafioli coloured lines.
- 2 x leathered 105mm Synchro blocks (halyard and sheet).
- Pair 14mm braid sheets.
- Carbon prodder with all fittings.
- Stainless bar in lazarette, between davit webs, for lines.
- Various blocks and lines to enable fully-furling twin-headsail downwind sailing.
- Multipurpose electric deck winch (Lewmar 58 CEST) at mast including necessary stand up blocks.
- Second mast mounted winch Lewmar CST 50 chrome self-tailing.
- Lewmar electric CEST 68 chrome self-tailing for genoa/staysail sheets.
- Lewmar manual CST 58 chrome self-tailing for staysail/spinnaker sheets.
- Lewmar electric CEST 54 chrome self-tailing for main sheeting.
- Lewmar manual CST 30 chrome self-tailing for traveler.
- All winch deck switches swapped out for stainless steel covered switches.
- 1.5oz Asymetric cruising chute with inflatable snuffer.
- DCP tri radial Mainsail DYS Spectra/Dyneema & Polyester taffeta'd laminate.
- 145% Genoa.
- Staysail strengthened to act as stormsail when needed.
- 2nd light genoa to fly from spare luff groove.
- Second smaller asymmetric on Karver furler
- Sailkote protection to all white sails
- 4 x Stainless steel double mug holder, one under each pedestal and one each side of gangway.
- Additional stainless steel grab handles on transom.
- Socket into top transom rung for passerelle.
- Multiplex carbon passerelle 3.2m – including brace lines & bag (15kg).
- Quarter pushpit seats in stainless steel and teak.
- Full cushioning (seats and backs) on quarter seats.
- Stainless steel threshold plates at both side gates and transom gate aft.
- Side boarding ladder access to both side gates with leather protection.
- Two glassed in shelves on the hullside of the lazarette from bulkhead to transom, approximately 500mm deep with fiddle and fittings for restraining bungees.
- Pulpit teak seat enabling two people to sit facing forwards side by side, with stowage in aft deck locker.
- Helmsman's permanent footrest by both pedestals. Pyramid shape in teak.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Stainless steel 40Kg Delta and chain to 100m stainless steel.
- Hydraulic windlass.
- Remote windlass control switch in cockpit.
- FX-37 in anchor locker.
- Luke Warp drum in anchor locker.
- Partitioned anchor locker with removable arthwartships partition.
- Pair of additional folding mooring cleats on aft deck.
- Anchor deckwash pump in bow (including Hose) - Fresh Water.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Almost new sprayhood in twin ply with integral storm flaps.
- Zip up central window in sprayhood.
- S/S grab rail on aft hoop of sprayhood frame covered with leather.
- Mesh pockets in sprayhood wings.
- Mesh shade panels for inside of sprayhood windows.
- Bimini including hoops, fixtures, stowage bag and window for boom light.
- Mesh side screens for added sun protection.
- Foredeck awning.
- Genoa sock with full-length zip and two part closing system.
- Staysail sock as above.
- Cockpit cushions - Vinyl (or Acrylic) in EZ-DRI foam (inc helm seats).
- Quarter seat cushions.
- Additional web in seat bases.
- Upholstered laminated backrests for quarter pushpit seats.
- Foredeck cushions in matching piped sunbrella.
- Stowage bags for deck cushions x 3 in beige Weathermax.
- Saloon table cover, foam backed - in headlining vinyl.
- Covers for wheels/binnacles.
- Covers for all deck hatches
- Covers for all dorades
- Winch covers - 2 x 68's, 3 x 58's, 1 x 54, 1 x 30.
- Crew covers for saloon and nav seat (seat backs and bases)
- Covers for helm backrests and quarter seats back cushions.
- Over davit dinghy cover.
- Tailored outboard engine cover.
Safety and Security Equipment:
- Liferaft stowage in pushpit, starboard side.
- Liferaft - Ocean ISO 8 Man Solas B in canister.
- Jonbuoy recovery module
- Jonbuoy horseshoe
- Oscar man-overboard recovery sling
- Auto-release EPIRB with GPS
- Ion dissipater on masthead, with capshroud chainplates and mast step bonded to keel bolt with stainless tang and heavy-duty cable.
- Dolphin Marine alarm system - Intruder alert that activates aft deck, boom, LED courtesy lights and spreader down lights as well as alarm.
- 2 motion sensors by opening saloon windows, 2 in cockpit, 2 by aft deck and 2 down below.
- Main display by chart table with second panic button in aft cabin.
- High temperature alarm in engine room with audible alarm on pedestal.
- High water bilge alarm.
- 3 x 1Kg fire extinguishers in cabins.
- 1 x FM200 automatic fire extinguisher in engine department.
- 1 x fire blanket.
- 1 x 2Kg fire extinguisher in deck locker.
Tender & Outboard:
- Cooney S300 Electric davit (300kg max total load) c/w belly bands and dinghy locator kit
- Conrad Pischel RIB with steering wheel and 40Hp Yamaha.
- Leather davit pads to stop chafe on dinghy.
SOPHISTIKATE carries a comprehensive collection of spares and charts for blue water cruising which will be included in the sale. A full set of tools and manuals will also be included.
Herewith a list of the many extras that have been fitted to SOPHISTIKATE and which make her a very special yacht.
Starting outside at the bow and working backwards…
- Stainless steel Delta anchor.
- Stainless steel chain – all looks very smart and runs more freely.
- 100 metres of chain (not the standard 80).
- Second (kedge) anchor stowed in anchor locker with chain and warp on drum.
- Anchor deck wash pump (fresh water) with hose in anchor locker.
- Fittings for carbon fibre ‘prodder’ projecting forward clear of the anchor for spinnakers or cruising chute. Prodder is stored with spinnaker and cruising chute.
- Twin grooves on the forestay to enable twin-headsail down-wind arrangement.
- Bottom section of the forestay strengthened to meet furling loads in heavy weather.
- Hydraulic furlers for both foresails.
- Powered in mast furling mainsail.
- Pad eyes for blocks enabling twin headsail or cruising chute or spinnaker to be flown.
- Blocks running down the side of the yacht to enable lines and sheets to be lead back to the cockpit.
- Carbon fibre pole.
- Full spinnaker/cruiseng chute rigging – halyards, sheet, guys and blocks.
- Passarelle halyard.
- Stainless steel dorades.
- Second inner forestay with smaller furling foresail – great as a storm jib in heavy weather and can give better pointing in light airs.
- Electric winch at the mast
- Mafioli coloured sheets and halyards – no dirty off-white sheets.
- Stainless steel covers on electric winch switch covers – smarter and prevent UV damage.
- See-me radar reflector antenna.
- TV aerial.
- Painted mast and boom.
- Upper and lower spreader lights.
- Foredeck light.
- Loud hailer.
- Side gates which form boarding ladders with rubbing footplates.
- There is a teak seat, which fits on the bow of the yacht is in the lazarette (the ‘best seat in the house’).
- There is a set of foredeck cushions.
And reaching the cockpit…
- Exit Engineering steering wheels.
- Hydraulic furling main.
- Hydraulic outhaul.
- Remote windlass control.
- Two boom lights.
- Extra power socket for lighting at night when moored.
- Bimini poles, as well as sprayhood - both bimini and sprayhood are new.
- Grab rails on aft hoop of sprayhood with leather covers.
- Forward panel fitted on the dodger, which can be rolled up to improve ventilation.
- There are also mesh side panels for the bimini to extend shade.
- Mug holders for 8.
- Cockpit fridge.
- Teak on top either side of the hatch.
- Four underwater lights are fitted in this area.
- Additional port light to starboard quarter cabin.
- Set of seat cushions and scatter cushions.
On and in the back of the yacht…
- Pischel Ribline 3.7 metre dinghy with central steering pedestal (ashore in storage in Palma winter 2020-21).
- 40hp Yamaha outboard (good for watersports) - (ashore in storage in Palma winter 2020-21).
- Cooney electric davits.
- Quarter pushpit seats with cushion backs and seat cushions.
- Liferaft stowage.
- Teak treads on the stairs.
- Fitting slot for passarelle.
- Multiplex carbon fibre passarelle stored in lazarette.
- Stainless pole with aerials and aft floodlight.
- Extra set of folding cleats with rubbing strips.
- Rope storage rail in the large lazarette.
- Extra sheets.
- Water based stained oak (lighter than normal).
- LED lighting throughout (except lower set of nav. lights).
- Many extra reading lights.
- Set of Wempe chrome instrumentation – barometer, clock, temperature/humidity (wooden graphical barometer not included).
- Fan over nav. desk.
- Air-con (240v will work on 50Hz or 60Hz).
- Heating – Webasto and from reverse air-con.
- All electric cooking – no gas, much safer.
- Banks of lithium-ion batteries provide loads of power and are quick to charge.
- Fridge, freezer and microwave as you might expect.
- Washing machine (240v 50Hz – uses generator if shore power is 60Hz).
- Quooker hot-water system.
- Seafresh water-maker (approx. 140 litres per hour) with fresh water backflush.
- Switch panel fascia brushed alloy - not black.
- Red courtesy and cabin lights.
- Handrails in oak not stainless, which looks good but have finger marks all the time.
- Dehumidifier is securely stored under the floor, is included.
- Yellow Brick tracker (hidden in the cabin roof under the trim).
- Dolphin alarm system - which also turns yacht lights on when armed and disarmed for easier access in the dark.
- TV, AV and Wi-Fi system including TV screens in main cabin and two other cabins.
In the cabins…
- Fans over the berths.
- Choice of fan points in some cabins.
- Upper and lower berth cabin can be converted into pullman seating.
And in the heads…
- Improved flooring.
- Better quality shower door catches.
- Heated towel rails.
- Fresh water flush electric heads.
Not mentioned elsewhere…
- Cummins Onan MDKBN generator.
- SSB Radio with Pactor modem.
- Copper bottom reapplied 2016/7 in New Zealand.
- Seawater manifold fitted which minimises through hull fittings.
- Loose equipment and spares.
- There are various spares and pieces of equipment that will be included. The vendor is not buying a new yacht so this will include many useful items.
- There is a comprehensive set of engine, generator and water maker spares.
- Some spares will be available by negotiation – turbocharger, high pressure pump, hydraulic cutter, Sta-Lock repair system.
This is a comprehensive but not exhaustive list of all the ‘extras’ on SOPHISTIKATE.
Various personal items are still on board and are, of course, not included.