AQUALUNA - 2015 58' 8" DISCOVERY Discovery 58
Lymington United Kingdom £1,150,000 GBP
Lymington United Kingdom
Sail number: 58001L.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Infused composite construction with foam core producing a lightweight laminate with superior strength, toughness plus thermal and acoustic insulation.
- A layer of kevlar for added impact resistance in the forward area of the hull, and carbon fibre used in high load areas for added strength.
- Watertight bulkheads forward and aft.
- Deck is composite construction with sandwich core providing strength and stiffness with thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Teak planking on all flat surfaces and toe rail.
- Hull joined to deck with an overlapping flange using urethane acrylate paste and stainless steel bolts for strength.
- All bulkheads are over bonded to the deck for added strength and stiffness.
- Hull moulding in flag blue with the cavita line in gold tape, and boot top line red over white.
- Copper coat reapplied in 2019.
- Bridge clearance: 84'8" / 25.81m.
Keel & Rudder:
- Bulb keel.
- External lead keel on 10,000kg for maximum performance, stability and comfort.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 160hp main engine.
- The Yanmar main engine is electronically controlled providing accurate consumption figures to allow economical cruising.
- Both main engine and generator have recently undergone full 2000 hour servicing including flushing of raw water systems.
- Twin fuel filter with alarm.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 2,200 as 2020
- Full 2000 hour engine service and shut down
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single Lewmar wheel in cockpit giving good vision and lots of space to this area
- 20hp bow thruster with separate battery and charging facility.
- Shaft drive with Aquadrive.
- Propspeed applied to propeller & shaft.
- Rope cutter.
- 12V, 24V system supply, 230V domestic system, UK type sockets throughout.
- Marine-grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- 2 x Watt and Sea sockets installed on transom 1 each side.
- 700 AH 24 V service batteries.
- Domestic batteries: 24v (12x x2v) sealed gel batteries (700 AH), design life 15 to 20 years.
- Engine and Genset: 2 x12 AGM batteries, with connector switch for emergency (replaced in January 2019).
- Bow Thruster: 2 x 12v AGM batteries (November 2019).
- Victron Isolation transformer 230v, 32A, 7000W, 50-60Hz.
- Victron Quattro-24v-5k-100A-230V, 50-60Hz charger / inverter, with a Victron Blue panel remote control.
- 2 x Engine mounted alternators: 60 Amp (12v) unit for charging the engine start battery. 110 Amp (24v) alternator with Mastervolt regulator for charging house batteries.
- 7 kVA Onan generator powering battery chargers.
- Full 2000 hour servicing including flushing of raw water systems.
- 90-240v Skyalla charger to be used when on US shore power or as a boost when on 230v/generator.
- 500W solar panels fitted to the davits.
- Watt and Sea generator installed on transom; Watt and Sea 280mm prop.
- Mainsheet and stop button by winch.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Jabsco duel stage pump, provides high volume, 40psi fresh water supply, 75 ltr hot water calorifier.
- Back-up, foot-operated fresh water pump in the galley.
- 75 litre, twin coil, insulated calorifier boiler, heated via engine, Eberspacher heating system or AC electric power c/w expansion tank.
- Pressurised saltwater supply in chain locker c/w hose.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower at transom, fresh water supply in cockpit for deck washing.
- All Seacocks made from Marelon (nylon).
- Dessalator 12v/230v watermaker with fresh water flush. 100 litre/hour running off 240/24 Volt.
- The Watermaker wired directly to batteries for use without engine.
- Automatic bilge pump with alarm at helm.
- 3 x Automatic bilge pumps in sail locker & lazzeretees with helm alarms.
- Manual bilge pump operated from cockpit.
Grey & Black Water:
- Grey water system (linked to heads & galley) & 180 litres holding tank, with level sensor.
- Total capacity of 1,370 ltr (301.35 gallons) in 2 x corrosion resistant polyethylene fuel tanks, with large inspection windows.
- Double Racor fuel water separator/filter with alarm.
- KTI fuel Polishing Module & manifold for various polishing options, including fuel transfer between tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,000 ltr (219.96 gallons)
- Gas bottle locker to house 3 x 6kg propane bottles, regulator & manifold.
- Electric solenoid gas safety shut-off valve in galley.
- Piped gas supply and fitting for pushpit-mounted BBQ.
- Chock & retainer strap fitted to gas locker to accommodate 3rd bottle.
- Raymarine instruments for wind, depth, log, wind and all sailing functions
- Raymarine chart plotters at chart table and at helm station.
- Separate Furuno GPS.
- Raymarine autopilot with duplicate spare control box and spare Jeffa sprocket drive.
- Icom VHF
- Icom SSB radio.
- Iridium satellite phone.
- Wempe clock & barometer fitted to saloon passageway.
Navigation - Above Deck:
- I70, I60 wind, I60 Close hauled instruments.
- 4kw 18" Raymarine HD Digital Radar.
- C97 on pedestal (fish finder version).
- ICOM 423 VHF with second station at pedestal, fitted with loud hailer on mast.
- Radar Reflector - Echomax XS (Active).
- Yanmar data block connected to Raymarine network.
Navigation - Below Deck:
- Raymarine Smart Pilot Controller - handheld wireless remote autopilot.
- Raymarine GS125 at Navigation station in a fixed pod.
- RMK9 fitted to chart table.
- Raymarine GS125 connected to TV via HDMI.
- A65 installed in aft cabin port side wardrobe.
- Raymarine AIS 650.
- Wi-Fi antenna fitted to the transom including Red Box router.
- Iridium phone and docking station and wireless access point.
- SSB with Bluetooth Pactor modem grounding plates and GAM aerial.
- 2nd Raymarine Autopilot installed in wardrobe ready to accept cables from working autopilot.
- Drinks cabinet and separate drinks fridge (requires re-gas).
- Miele Washer dryer fitted in tech room Miele high-pressure pump version.
- Washing machine on inverted circuit.
- Panasonic microwave, grill & oven, 230v.
- Ocean Chef, gimbaled, stainless steel gas cooker with 5 burners, grill & oven & hood extractor fan above.
- Three basin sink, with backup foot pump fresh water supply.
- Large custom-designed 300 litre (10.4 cubic feet) front opening fridge and large front opening 170 litre (6 cubic feet) freezer (or optional fridge), superbly insulated, 24v, keel cooled for efficiency
- Corian work surfaces+
- 2 x Tecma Electric heads (freshor salt-water options), with 100/80l litres gravity black water tanks.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air-conditioning, reverse cycle type (also heats) throughout: 2 x Climma units in saloon, 1 x Climma unit in aft master cabin, 1 x Climma unit serving both the pullman & forward cabin.
- Eberspacher Hydonic M-2, M10 circulating hot water system with radiators in each cabin & heads.
- 24v DC fans, 2 in each cabin, in galley and in saloon
- 3 x low profile dorades in forward cabins, 2 vents in aft cabin for good natural ventilation.
- Fusion DVD/CD/tuner, multi region with USB input connected to Raymarine network.
- Flat screen TV to saloon in rise and fall system behind drinks fridge and cocktail cabinet, including TV antenna and HDMI/USB socket.
- Glomex TV Glomex V9150/12.
- Twin boom lights - cabin led light.
- Antenna mast has a 24v deck flood light, illuminating aft gate area.
- Dimmable interior lights.
- 2 x LED lights fitted to front of pedestal with switch on port side.
- Twin AC sockets in aft face of both aft cabin wardrobes.
- AC socket inside aft cabin wardrobe to be low down.
- AC socket in bedside cupboard starboard side for a lamp.
- Forward cabin has AC sockets in the forward face of both wardrobes.
- Double AC socket port saloon under deck saloon winder and port aft over freezer.
- Double AC socket insulated on Pullman’s aft bulkhead above drawer pack.
- AC socket on starboard foward cupboard top forward of drinks fridge.
- DC wiring to forward saloon bulkhead for lamp.
- DC wiring to saloon seating aft, forward corner and day berth for the 24v lamps.
- 2 x Izar C lamps installed on bulkhead forward of saloon seating with separate switching.
- Sabik G lamp bolted through starboard locker top with switch.
- AC socket installed in cupboard under saloon seating for hoover.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior joinery in Maple.
- Cross-banded maple doors with ebony inlay and birds eye maple centre.
- Twin groove cap rail infilled with walnut.
- Amtico flooring throughout in Golden Oak.
- Galley corian in White Cap.
- Forward heads and aft heads are fitted with Avonite Antique Glass.
- Upholstery in White.
- Navigation seat cushions in Grampian Admiralty Blue.
- Aft cabin head board, berth surround and Ottoman in Navy Blue Alcantara.
- Aft cabin roman blinds in white wood venetian.
- Forward cabin headboard and berth surround in Navy Blue Alcantara.
- Heads blinds in white ventian metal.
- The mattresses are by Natural Mat; master cabin berth has slats.
- 6 x cushions in Sunbrella yacht stripe navy with piping in navy also navy.
- Aft cabin vertical portlights.
- Opening front windows in saloon.
- Lewmar portlight in the tech room.
- Opaque hatches for forward and aft heads.
- Aft hatches are aft opening.
- Large portlights installed in aft cabin and galley.
- Bedding sheets and protectors in Egyptian cotton.
- Aft cabin - 1 x protector 2 x single protector, 2 x double sheet , 4 x single sheet.
- Fwd cabin - 1 x protector 2 x single protector, 2 x double sheet , 4 x single sheet.
- Pullmans - 2 x protector, 4 x sheets.
Description of layout from forwards:
There is a large forward lazarette with a watertight bulkhead separating it from the interior accommodation. Aft of this is the VIP cabin with large double berth, generous twin wardrobes and lots of light from the hull ports. There is a passageway and to starboard is a large guest heads compartment with electric WC, basin, storage and a large stall shower. To port is a Pullman cabin with upper and lower berths and storage wardrobe.
From the corridor, you enter the large main saloon. Drinks fridge, cocktail cabinet and extra drawers to starboard. Navigation station is behind, which is raised to allow for watch keeping from below. To port is a raised u-shaped seating area with dining table in the deck saloon which has panoramic vision.
Starboard aft of the navigation station, the technical room is found with access to the engine room, electrical panel, washer dryer and storage.
Down steps to port is a large linear galley with large fridge and separate freezer, twin sink, 5 burner cooker, corian work surfaces and a lot of storage.
The owners’ cabin is aft of this with a large owners’ berth, his and hers wardrobes, a dressing table and ottoman.
There is a spacious owners’ en-suite heads with electric WC, basin and stall shower.
- Forward cabin with double berth, wardrobe and large cupboards.
Forward Heads Compartment:
- Forward heads with electric WC and separate shower and wash basin with glass surround.
- Heated towel rail.
- Recessed sky screen.
- Maple fiddle on forward heads lower vanity unit.
- Stainless steel hanging rail fitted in shower.
- Liquid Soap dispenser.
- 2 x Glass tumblers & holder.
- Shower basket.
- Pullman cabin with 2 single berths, wardrobe and drawers.
- Recessed Skyscreen.
- Raised main saloon with extending table to seat 8 in comfort.
- Raised chart table and navigator's seat for ease of watch-keeping.
- Chart drawer and other cupboards and drawers.
- Substantial storage under floors.
- Recessed skyscreens to saloon over-head hatches.
- Saloon table in birds’ eye maple with compass rose.
- Starboard saloon has a fridge, cupboard and drawer pack.
- Book shelf on starboard side
- Saloon steps to have storage behind steps.
- Arm rest for inboard saloon seating.
- Saloon shell table lamp installed with 15mm fiddle and stainless steel bracket.
- Stainless steel grab rail mounted next to navigation station.
- Glass stowage in bench seat cupboard.
- Glass and bottle stowage in cocktail unit.
Tech and Engine Room:
- Shelving unit installed into tech room above washing machine.
- Hooks in headlining for hanging clothes.
- Engine room tool stowage.
- Fully equipped galley.
- Maple around outboard galley portlight.
- Cupboard located outboard of the forward end of the galley with a LED downlight.
- Shelf extended aft end of galley onto bulkhead including a light.
- Recessed skyscreen in overhead hatch.
- Large high-level inboard locker.
- Removable/adjustable height shelf under sink with lip.
- Removable/adjustable height shelf outboard of the galley.
- Spice racks fitted in galley drawer, which is two tier.
- Large master cabin with full size bunk.
- 2 large wardrobes and many drawers.
- Vanity unit in birds’ eye maple with maple corners.
- Portlight panels in maple with lipped portlight surrounds.
- Smoke detector.
- Safe fitted in vanity unit.
- Low level lockers to forward bulkhead.
- Vertical partition to protect steering shaft.
- Box in area below central drawers for more storage.
- Fiddle across heater box in starboard wardrobe.
En-suite Heads Compartment:
- En-suite electric WC and separate shower stall.
- Wash basin with glass surround.
- Heated towel rail.
- Recessed skyscreen in overhead hatch.
- Top door mirror.
- Liquid Soap dispenser.
- 2 x Glass tumblers & holder.
- Shower basket.
- Solent rig with a Selden anodized and white painted aluminium mast and boom with a fully battened conventional mainsail.
- Hydraulic boom vang. 14 mm 19 X1 stainless shrouds.
- Slab reefing with 3 reefs. All led after to the cockpit.
- Twin Whisker poles stowed on mast including 2 x uphaul, 2 x pole downhaul and 1 x barber hauler, 2 x snatch blocks.
- 2nd Spinnaker halyard (halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and Spinlock jammer).
- Stainless steel rigging covers.
- Boom Preventer (Selden hook).
- Harken Switch track
- Burgee staff at top of mast.
- Tack line run aft to cockpit.
- The stackpack was replaced in November 2019.
- Harken winches.
- All electric with electric mainsheet.
- Fully battened mainsail with 3 reefs, all controlled from the cockpit.
- Solent self-tacking 90% jib in Vectran.
- Dacron genoa of 1173 s.f.
- 140% reacher.
- 2 oz Asymetric with snuffer and all gear.
- Acrylic colour for Sail UV protection.
- Mainsail Vektran crosscut by Kemp Sails.
- Jib with Vektran crosscut by Kemp Sails.
- Cruising chute D/P Constant radial cut and snuffer and deck gear ( 2 x blocks, 1 x standup, 2 x sheets) In Pink.
- Cruising chute has a moon logo in silver.
- Cruising chute deck gear.
- Very full spares inventory and medical kit.
- Freshwater deck wash in cockpit sump.
- Stainless steel side mounting ladder incorporated into stanchions.
- Dolphin watching seats on pulpit.
- Shelf in port lazarette.
- GS composite carbon gangway transom mount.
- Locking lazerette catches to all lockers.
- Fishing rod holders welded to pushpit both sides.
- cup holders fitted to cockpit table small infill and at the front of the pedestal.
- Boat hook clips fitted to cap top.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar V5 electric anchor windlass with wireless remote & pedestal mounted control.
- Deep self-draining chain locker, with chain kicker/ diverter plate.
- Twin roller stainless steel stem.
- Kedge anchor equipment - Fortress FX 55, bag, 10m chain & 50m warp.
- Kedge roller fitted stb side.
- Spade anchor S200 and powerball and modification to stemhead.
- Chain was replaced in November 2019.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Exterior canvas work in Stamoid Pearl Grey.
- Cushions in Sunbrella cooper navy stripe.
- The cockpit cushions were replaced in 2018 with thicker reticulated (fast draining) foam.
- Transom seat & rail cushions.
- Sunbathing cushions aft deck.
- Scatter cushions.
- Sprayhood in stamoid pearl grey. Zip up window in middle with strata glass for the screen.
- Cockpit bimini in stamoid pearl grey including enclosure in acrylic.
- The sprayhood and bimini were replaced in November 2019.
- Pedestal & Wheel cover in Sunbrella navy blue.
- Cockpit table cover in Sunbrella navy blue.
- Covers for all winches in Sunbrella navy blue.
- Windlass cover (with capstan) in acrylic.
- Clear vinyl saloon table cover with vinyl boarder.
- Full dinghy Cover
- Saloon corner seat and bench seat covers in acrylic white.
- Wardrobe vents with velcro mesh.
- 2 customised floor mats with the yacht’s name.
Tender & Outboard:
- 3.5 metre Ribeye aluminium rib with 20hp Yamaha outboard.
- Electric davits 175kg.
- 4 Spinlock lifejackets with AIS transponders.
- Safety harnesses.
- Full set of flares (due for replacement).
- 8 man life raft.
- Jonbuoy recovery system.
- Release mechanism installed for jonbouy, wiring and mounting of switches, light and panels.
- Double gas sensor alarm with 2nd sniffer installed in main bilge - WG200-LL.
- 2 x D rings and pad eyes for aft deck jackstays.
- 8-man Viking self-righting rescue and grab bag.
- Custom push pit mounted life raft cradle suitable for hydrostatic release.
- Kannad safelink EPIRB (1).
- Poly bottle for flares (1).
- Ikaros red parachute rocket - MCA (4).
- Ikaros red handheld flare - MCA (4).
- Ikaros buoyant smoke - MCA (2).
- Ikaros white hand flare (4).
- Horseshoe set c/w bracket and light - colour white (2).
- Kim lifebuoy drogue and pocket (2).
- Hydrostatic release for life raft cradle.
- MOB AIS x 6.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- 4 other fire extinguishers in cabins.
- Smoke alarms in all cabins.