NICA - 2018 57' 8" KNIERIM YACHTBAU Knierim FC53
Whangaparaoa New Zealand €1,500,000 EUR
Whangaparaoa New Zealand
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Sandwich construction in female mould - single mould.
- Vacuum consolidated carbon fibre sandwich with SAN foam core throughout.
- Solid laminate in way of the keel, and for all through-hull openings.
- Sandwich materials as per Architect's specifications.
- Solid laminate in way of the mast and in way of all hatches. Reinforcements and high-density foam or solid carbon plate inserts in way of deck fittings.
- Hull and deck bonded together and the joint then laminated both on the inside and on the outside.
- All planar bulkheads, frames, stringers, girders etc. built using SAN foam core in a vacuum consolidated process on tables fitted with inserts for all openings.
- 3 x Watertight bulkheads - both front-most bulkheads and the aft-most bulkhead. Closing systems of doors in these bulkheads do not let water pass from a flooded compartment to the adjacent compartment.
- Chainplates of carbon fibre, mostly consisting of unidirectional straps laminated over stainless steel bushings onto panels (shrouds) or bulkheads (forestays & runners).
- Watertight doors of carbon composite sandwich, with solid carbon borders, hinges and suitable locking devices.
- Ballast tanks of carbon fibre directly integrated into the hull and its structure.
- Teak decking on deck, cockpit floor, cockpit seats, cockpit floor hatches, helmsman footrest, anchor and sail locker doors and bathing platform.
- Superstructure's windows of electrochromic (dimmable) laminated glass, shock-treated. 18mm thickness in PMMA.
- 6 x Portholes, 950 x 300 mm, of fixed type.
- 1 x Bathing platform to port with access to big locker from top and aft. Can be rebuilt to tender garage.
- 1 x Door on starboard with two positions:
- Open - the door is horizontal to access interior and to be used as a bathing ladder.
- Closed - when closed, the door is recessed into the transom.
- Starboard door used as emergency exit and liferaft storage - accessible from inside and outside.
- The tender locker and emergency door are watertight with a rubber seal.
- Both transom doors are constructed in carbon.
- Carbon flag pole at the transom.
Keel & Rudder:
- Rotating (lifting) keel of carbon fin and a lead bottom part glued and bolted.
- 2 x Custom carbon composite rudder blades supported by carbon.
- Each rudder has two JP3 bearings.
- Spare rudder with cone to facilitate insertion.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta D2-75. 75HP at 3200.
- 150S Saildrive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 320.
- Engine last serviced: January/March 2020.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx. 6 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – 450nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Custom designed rope and traveller steering system.
- 2 x Helm stations.
- Autopilot control station at each helm and at navigation station.
- 1000mm diameter Isotop carbon fibre wheels.
- Side Power SRV100/185T bow and stern thruster.
- A manual hydraulic panel installed on the mainsail pod.
- Hydraulic hoses at the mast fitted with fast connectors.
- Manual system to operate vang, vang release valve each side in reach of helmsman, inner forestay tension (cylinder in the sail locker).
- Fully independent electrical system fitted to raise and lower the keel.
- Electro-hydraulic system to lift the keel up and down should hold the keel in any position, operated by buttons at the pedestals and indicate the position of the keel by a separate instrument at the pedestals. A safety pressure valve allows the keel to raise in case of grounding.
- Manual operation enabled as a backup.
- Separate electrical hydraulic system installed for the jib furler (Reckmann) with manual backup pump.
- 230V AC 50hz used for household appliances, A/C and diverse items.
- 24V DC for lighting, navigation equipment, pumps and diverse items.
- 12V DC for main engine starting.
- All AC and DC systems isolated from hull. Bipolar wired.
- All electrical equipment easily accessible for maintenance, repair or removal.
- All cables numbered and cores identified with a cable marking system.
- 1 x 230V distribution board in the technical room with double circuit breakers for water heater (controlled by relay), watermaker controlled by relay (controlled by relay), household appliances, hi-fi, plugs and spares.
- 1 x 24V DC system for the navigation equipment service, pumps and all the lighting.
- 1 x 12V DC for starting of the main engine.
- 24V DC general service switchboard installed in the navigation station, control for navigation equipment, lighting, pumps, navigation lightsv, emergency lighting.
- Mastervolt Easy View panel in race cabin
- Watermaker operation panel in race cabin
- 12V DC engine room switchboard installed in the engine room with insulating switches for the main engine starting battery and genset.
- 1 x 12V AGM Optima Red Top gel starting battery for main engine.
- 1 x 12V AGM Optima Red Top gel starting battery for generator.
- 4 x 24V service batteries -180A/h Mastervolt type Lithium-Ion - for all other equipment.
- Starting battery installed in the race cabin.
- General service batteries installed below the saloon.
- Main battery set charged by a 24V alternator of 110 Amp.
- 2 x Mastervolt Mass Combi Ultra 24 3500 100Amp inverter.
- Mastervolt Alpha 2411 10 alternator, connected to battery charging system (Li-Ion).
- 1 x Fischer Panda 10.000i PMS with dry exhaust and separate starter system.
- 2 x Watt&Sea cruising model removable hydro-generators installed on the transom.
- 1 x Mastervolt G7 isolating transformer.
- 1 x Shore plug.
- 15m Electrical cable with male/female plugs.
- 1 x Outlet on the aft part of the boat with switch.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 25 litre hot water boiler.
- Webasto IsoTemp.
- Water pressure pump by Marco UP6e + 1 spare.
- Schenker smart 60 digital watermaker
- Automatic 24V DC bilge pumps at lowest point, with bilge alarm at all bilge suction points.
- Located as follows: fore peak, front accommodation area, saloon, engine compartment, cockpit locker and in each lazarette.
- Total capacity of 380 litres in one holding tank.
- Total capacity of 400 litres in one composite tank with food-grade watertight inner paint.
- 1 x Holding tank for each toilet.
- Each tank can be discharged underwater or sucked up via a deck connection by a shore discharging system.
- Fitted with level gauges.
Navigation Equipment & Communication Equipment
- B&G H5000 performance processor.
- 2 x Zeus 3 9” plotter at helms.
- 5 x Mini display 10 at cockpit front.
- AP-controls at each helm station plus nav station.
- Graphic display at nav station.
- 2 x Independent autopilot systems with own AP-computer etc. switch to swap at nav. station.
- 2 x B&G H5000 autopilots with modified Raymarine electro-linear rams.
- 1 Raymarine Axion 12” plotter as electronic switchboard.
- ICOM SSB 801E.
- VHF - B&G V90 plus 2 x handsets.
- Iridium interface for 9575.
- FBB 150 sailor. lnmarsat sat phone on docking station.
- Redbox on board router for Inmarsat, Iridium, 3G, Wi-Fi.
- Roamfree 4/3G Gateway.
- 4G B&G radar. At mast.
- Signal horn at mast.
- Spare GPS.
- AIS transponder.
- All the navigation systems are interfaced to a fixed PC computer running Adrena software, with a 22" screen on an orientable support at the chart table.
- Induction cooking top with 2 x burner & electric oven.
- 1 x Custom-made Isotherm refrigerator of 130 litres.
- 2 x Custom-made freezers of 80 and 100 litres.
- 1 x Daewoo 1.5kg washing machine in guest shower.
- 2 x Planus Race carbon fibre toilet.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 2 x Dometic 8000BTU air conditioning units.
- Fitted with a mechanical ventilation system. Air is supplied to all areas by a pipe under the sheerline on starboard, running from the stern to the owner's bathroom. It is extracted through a symmetrical pipe on port, with the adjustable electrical fan at the stern.
- Electro mechanical forced ventilation in both heads.
- Mechanical ventilation extraction serving engine room and electrical room.
- Windows PC I7 with 2TB storage for expedition and control of stereo audio. External Fireface Hi-Fi sound card and 2 x amplifiers.
- 2 x KEF speakers in owner’s cabin.
- 2 x KEF speakers in saloon.
- 2 x Speakers in cockpit.
- Adequately lighted throughout with fixtures with a 24V lighting system.
- LED ceiling spotlights.
- LED indirect lighting strips.
- Watertight switch and receptacle provided for equipment in the engine room and on deck as required.
- LED lighting in lazarette, fore peak and engine room integrated in the ceiling and watertight, of type LED strip and sufficient to light all recessed areas.
- 1 x Light under each first spreader.
- 1 x Floodlight for foredeck under radar.
- Tricolor on masthead navigation lights. Anchor light and flashlight.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 5 berths in 3 cabins.
- Interior finish is a mix of Zebrano wood and white/light grey with striking and contrasting bright green upholstery.
- Moulded carbon steps with apparent carbon finish.
- Foam mattresses, 140 mm thickness with slatted frames underneath.
- Anti-rolling (lee) clothes provided for all beds, including starboard sofa in the saloon.
- High quality foam cushions with removable covers for all sofas, including dining area, saloon, owner's cabin etc.
- Saloon table of sandwich panel with wood veneer.
- Galley tops of sandwich panel + 6mm Corian.
- Bathrooms tops of sandwich panel + 6mm Kerrock.
- Kerrock sinks in bathrooms.
- Galley, bathroom and shower taps and accessories by Dornbracht.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Carbon steps.
- Sail storage system made of fabric attached to carbon tubes, lines, blocks and padeyes (2 systems on each side).
Owner Shower & Heads:
- 1 x Separate toilet (with electrical air extraction).
- 1 x Shower with transparent panel and door.
- 1 x Corian sink.
- 1 x Double bed.
- 1 x Large wardrobe. With hanging locker.
- Drawers under the bed.
- Natural air ventilation.
- 1 x Large U-shaped sofa (with lee cloth).
- 1 x Large dining table.
- Storage under and behind seats.
- 1 x Main chart table with working surface and chart table seat.
- Vertical panel with all useful electronics.
- Electrical survey panel.
- 1 x Sofa (with lee cloth).
- Computer installation with large screen, and entertainment.
- Several lockers and furniture.
- 2 x Stainless steel sinks - fresh water tap.
- Several lockers, shelves and other furniture.
- Trash bin and bar drawer in central furniture block.
- 1 x Toilet facing aft.
- 1 x Small sink.
- Electrical air extractor.
- 1 x Shower.
- 1 x Stainless steel sink.
- Washing machine.
- Several lockers and furniture.
- Transparent shower panel, including door.
Starboard Aft Guest Cabin:
- 1 x Double bed.
- 1 x Locker and 1 wardrobe.
- Natural air ventilation.
Port Aft Crew Cabin:
- 1 x Bed with cushion.
- Natural air ventilation.
- Watermaker control panel and accessories.
- Electrical installation and panels.
- Located underneath the companionway and between the starboard guest cabin and the port crew cabin. Accessible from guest cabin and day head as well as from the companionway.
- Fully insulated and ventilated.
- Twin Spreader, Lorima carbon fibre mast and boom.
- Main halyard 2:1 new DKS 90 smaller diameter.
- Jib halyard new DSK 90 smaller diameter with two ends. Double lifetime.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Code 5 / 2:1 Gennaker halyard.
- Spinlock ZS jammer.
- Stay sail halyard new.
- Spinlock ZS jammer.
- 2 x Spreader levels with carbon profiled tapered tubes.
- HR T700 fiber for the carbon spreaders tubes.
- 2 x Courtesy flags eyes under Spreader 1 + blocks.
- 1 x LED spreader lights under each spreader.
- 2 x Runners attachments at forestay level.
- Dog Bone type attachments built into the mast.
- Lazy jacks + bag.
- 2 x Gooseneck and vang gooseneck attachments in carbon HR T700.
- 1 x Harken mainsail switch track.
- Trysail track integrated in switch track
- 1 x Switch system for cars storage.
- 1 x Removable door for cars entry.
- 1 x Harken 648 padeyes on each side of the gooseneck for the three reefs.
- 2 x Holes for mast jack bar passage + stainless steel protection.
- 1 x Mast jack stainless steel bar.
- 1 x Mastfoot heel plug anodised black with two centering pins.
- 2 x Exits for electronics cables.
- Sandwich boom.
- Continuous carbon EC6 standing rigging consisting of V1, V2, D1, D2, D3, D4 and 2 fixed headstays,
- 1 x Mainsail halyard. New + spare.
- 1 x Mainsail sheet. New + spare.
- 1 x Mainsail outhaul.
- 1 x Mainsail Cunningham.
- 1st Mainsail automatic reefing line. New.
- 2nd Mainsail automatic reefing line.
- 3rd Mainsail automatic reefing line.
- 2 x Mainsail traveller lines.
- 1 x Genoa halyard. New + spare.
- 2 x Genoa sheets.
- 1 x Genoa furling line.
- 1 x Staysail halyard. New + spare.
- 2 x Staysail sheets.
- 1 x Staysail furling line.
- 2 x Spinnaker/gennaker halyards + spare.
- 4 x Spinnaker/gennaker sheets.
- 2 x Running backstay sheets.
- 2 x Lazy jack sheets.
- 1 x Hydraulic under deck genoa furler, custom made by Reckmann, with backup pump. Operated from both helm stations.
- 1 x Manual staysail furler Facnor FD 310.
- 1 x Staysail tensioning ram with watertight through-deck fitting by Reckmann
- 1 x Electric windlass.
- 1 x Capstan winch.
- Sails by North Sails.
- Square top mainsail 3Di Endurance 760m 19,600 Dpi.
- Furling jib with Battens 3Di Endurance 760m 19,600 Dpi.
- Furling inner jib 3Di Endurance 760 m 19,600 Dpi.
- A2 asymmetric Supercote. Replaced in 2020 in C-tech inflatable snuffer.
- Spare A2 repaired from 2018.
- Code Zero 3Di IRC compliant.
- A7 asymmetric NorLon NY150.
- Storm jib polyester high visibility 10oz storm orange.
- Storm trysail polyester high visibility 10oz storm orange.
- 4 x Knierim deck hatches.
- 8 x Custom carbon Knierim coachroof hatches.
- 3 x Lewmar cockpit hatches opening towards the inside.
- Carbon folding passerelle (2.70m), with non-skid surface and 2 x stanchions.
- Swimming ladder.
- Cockpit table of lightweight carbon panels.
- The companionway has a horizontal perspex sliding hatch and washboards. Two upper washboards; one solid and one for ventilation.
- 5 x Stainless steel side stanchions.
- 2 x Stainless steel wire guards.
- 2 x Stainless steel half pulpits.
- 2 x Stainless steel corner pushpits.
- 1 x Aft double stanchion to support antenna and jon buoy.
- Several lockers below the cockpit and on the cockpit sides designed to store fenders, several sheets and spare ropes, deck fittings, halyards, water hose, bimini, hydrogenerators, air pump, etc.
- Electrical air pump for fenders and tender.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x Delta anchor 20kg (Lewmar).
- 100m 8mm chain Kettenwaelder Chromox stainless steel chain + rope.
- Second 15kg Fortress anchor and rope stored under the cockpit.
- 100 meters of anchor line.
- 2 x Custom made aft fairleads
- 6 x Nomen aluminium folding cleats.
- 6 x Inflatable long fenders & fender covers (250 x 500mm).
- 70 meters of mooring line of (14 mm).
- 100 meters of towing line.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit seat cushions (100mm thickness).
- Covers for steering wheels, winches, outside furniture and seats.
Tender & Outboard:
- 1 x Lodestar Ultralight 250 tender.
- Torqueedo electric outboard engine with spare battery.
- An anti-burglary protection installed in hatch frames, companionway door to be made of carbon sandwich with a stainless steel pin inside as locking latch, sliding hatch over companionway with locking latches on both sides.
- 1 x Liferaft Ocean Safety for 8 passengers (to be stored in emergency exit).
- 1 x Jon buoy.
- Signal horn.
- Automatic aerosol firefighting equipment in engine room.
- Fire fighting in the engine is done using the mobile extinguishers through a hole in the compartment wall.
- 1 x Fire-fighting blanket in the galley.