2017 56' 5" HANSE Cruising Sailboat Hanse 588 Portsmouth Virginia United States $799,000 USD
2017 56' 5" HANSE Cruising Sailboat Hanse 588 Portsmouth Virginia United States
Let us introduce you to Hanse 588, SERENDIPITY. She represents a rare opportunity to purchase a turnkey round the world luxury sailboat - fully upgraded and optioned in immaculate condition and ready to go anywhere.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2017 56' 5" HANSE Hanse 588 Cruising Sailboat SERENDIPITY yacht for sale in Portsmouth, Virginia, USA today!
Here is a rare opportunity to purchase a turnkey round the world luxury sailboat - fully upgraded and optioned in immaculate condition and ready to go anywhere. SERENDIPITY was ordered new by a wealthy and very particular Norwegian owner to take his family globally in comfort, safety and luxury. She has completed an Atlantic crossing and a season in the Caribbean. She has been based in Portsmouth VA. Tax has been paid and SERENDIPITY is now a US citizen. The owner has invested over a million dollars to get her to this stage and she could literally be sailed anywhere in the world with short notice. This is the deep fin/bulb keel 9.5ft ocean version, very stable and comfortable at sea with minimal heeling, a real pleasure when passage making, there are 4 cabins, sleeping 7 (or 8 if the lower bunk is converted back from storage) . The decks are solid glued down and in excellent condition.
The boat is wired for 220v 50hz power and has a separate 110v 30 amp shore power inverter/charging/outlets system.
The power and charging system on-board is designed for self-sufficiency. The AC is designed to run from the lithium batteries, a 10,000 watt Fischer Panda Inverter generator (Kubota Diesel 1900 hrs) automatically starts when the batteries reach 40% charge, it takes about 3 hours to recharge to 100%. The owner usually does the laundry, makes water or runs the dishwasher when the generator comes on. There is also a hydro generator that charges when sailing, in total there are 5 ways to charge the lithium batteries - solar panels, hydro generator, diesel generator, twin alternators on the main engine and shore power. There are two shore power inlets, one exclusively for the AC units.
The house battery bank has 4 Mastervolt MLK Ultra 12/5000 lithium batteries giving 1440 ah, each battery is paired with a Mastervolt Mass Combi Ultra charger/inverter.
Eberspacher Hydronic diesel heater, Hella 12v fans are mounted throughout.
An Eco Sistems watermaker is on-board making around 50 gallons per hour.
The stern garage can hold a smaller tender, Jet Ski or as storage. Fen Classic carbon davits are mounted on the stern and can easily lift a 40hp, 16ft inflatable via remote control. No tender is included. Satellite communication is provided by the Sailor Cobham system allowing for worldwide voice calling and data services for constant weather and email updates.
A Viking 8 person liferaft certified until 11/22 is mounted aft. There are two B&G autopilots one electric and one hydraulic. 3 x Zeus 3 multifunction displays are fitted displaying all the navigation and radar information. B&G instrumentation is throughout.
A Czone Touch 5 display controls all electrical and electronic items on-board.
There is a good selection of spare parts including pumps and service items for the main engine and generator.
The main engine is an upgraded Volvo D3 150hp with low hours and recently serviced and updated by Volvo, turning a 4 blade folding propeller with a top speed of close to 10 knots. With lower rpm cruising at 6 knots, the consumption was 1 liter per nautical mile giving a range of apx 700 NM. There are 9 jerry jugs on-board extending the range to 900 NM.
The mast, inmast furling and rigging are all Selden and Furlex. The 3 headsails are all on electric Furlex furlers. The boom has a powered hydraulic outhaul.
All sails and the 4 upgraded Harken winches are controlled by push buttons at the helm.
There is a Miele washer/dryer, dishwasher and high-end coffee maker to keep the crew happy. 2 refrigerators and a freezer inside and a very handy drinks refrigerator in the cockpit. Custom leather interior, with custom saloon table.
There is no propane on-board; water heater, cooker and BBQ are all electric.
All bunks have lee cloths fitted for when sailing.
There are 3 double cabin's and two singles in the 4th cabin, currently one berth has been converted to storage but could be easily changed back.
Blinds and shade on all windows and hatches for privacy and sun protection. Overhead hatches have screens and blinds
10 large inflatable fenders and ample mooring lines.
Spare anchor and a parachute sea anchor.
Retractable bow and stern thrusters make manoeuvring in tight spots easy.
Overall SERENDIPITY presents in excellent condition throughout and would suit a buyer wanting to sail away on the highest spec Hanse 588 in existence!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Teak decks.
- GRP hull with balsa core.
- Glassed in bulkheads.
- Large hull windows in all cabins and saloon.
- The stern garage can hold a Williams Jet Tender, Jet Ski or be storage.
- Large hydraulic fold down bathing platform.
- Pop up mooring cleats.
- Boarding gates.
- Boarding ladder.
- Lengthened double bow roller.
- Large cockpit with twin electric hi/low tables.
- Companionway drop board self-stows.
Keel & Rudder:
- Deep fin/T shaped bulb keel 9.5ft ocean version.
- Spade rudder on self-aligning bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo D3 150hp.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Top speed of close to 10 knots.
- With lower rpm cruising at 6 knots the consumption was 1 liter per nautical mile giving a range of apx 700 NM.
- There is a good selection of spare parts including pumps and service items for the main engine and generator.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 4 blade folding propeller.
- Bow and stern thrusters.
- Twin steering wheels with CarboNautics composite wheels.
- Jefa wire and dual rod linkage steering (giving redundancy).
- 220v 50Hz shore power.
- 110 v 30 amp 60 Hz shore power inlet, Mastervolt combi master 12/3000 inverter charger and 110v outlets.
- 220v outlets.
- 110v outlets.
- The house battery bank has 4 Mastervolt MLK Ultra 12/5000 lithium batteries giving 1440 ah.
- Engine start battery.
- Generator start battery.
- 24v stern thruster battery bank (charged by dc/dc converters).
- 24v bow thruster and furler battery bank.
- Each Lithium battery is paired with a Mastervolt Mass Combi Ultra charger/inverter. 3000W.
- 12kW of inverters in 4 MassCombi Ultras.
- 150 Amp 12v alternator for house batteries.
- 80 amp 12v alternator for engine start battery.
- 10,000 watt Fischer Panda Inverter generator (Kubota Diesel 1900 hrs). Limited to 80 amp to ensure generator does not run at too high a load. This is divided at 20amp charge to each of the 4 batteries, plus sending power to the boiler.
- Generator has an auto start feature when batteries reach 40% capacity).
- 2 x 220v 50 Hz (euro) Shore power connections; one exclusively for the AC units.
- 110v 30 Amp shore power.
- Hydro generator. Watt&Sea Pod600.
- Panasonic HIT330 rigid solar panels; 1 x Victron regulator for each panel to ensure maximum redundancy.
- A Czone Touch 5 display controls all electrical and electronic items on-board.
- 1320W of solar panels to charge the batteries off the grid.
- Arlo 3 Security camera system.
- Siren Marine with remote monitoring.
- USB connectors for CZone and Mastervolt.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 40 litre water heater.
- Pressurised hot and cold.
- Cockpit shower.
- An Eco Sistems watermaker is on-board making around 50 gallons per hour.
- Electric bilge pump with float switch.
- Bilge pump with long hose to reach different bilge compartments.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 519 litres / 137 US gallons.
- 810 litres / 214 US gallons.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x Holding tanks approx. 76 litres / 20 US gallons each.
- Satellite communication is provided by the Sailor Cobham system allowing for worldwide voice calling and data services for constant weather and email updates.
- There are two B&G autopilots one electric and one hydraulic.
- 3 x Zeus 3 multifunction displays are fitted displaying all the navigation and radar information.
- 12” plotter at each helm.
- 12” plotter on main bulkhead below.
- B&G sailing instruments at each pedestal.
- B&G radar.
- Forward looking echosounder.
- Miele washer/dryer.
- Drinks refrigerator in cockpit.
- Electric BBQ in cockpit with wetbar sink.
- Double stainless sink.
- Fisher and Paykel Dishwasher.
- Coffee maker.
- 3 Fridge drawers and 1 freezer drawer.
- Force10 3 element ceramic induction cooktop and electric oven.
- Stainless Bosch extraction fan over stove.
- Meile microwave.
- Magnetic knife rack.
- Trash bin.
- Electric Jabsco quiet flush toilets.
- 2 Stall shower fore and aft.
- Vessel style vanity sinks on black Corian counter tops.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 4 x Dometic AC units on-board totaling 36000 BTU.
- Eberspacher Hydronic diesel heater.
- Hella 12v fans are mounted throughout.
- 40” TV on electric lifter at forward end of saloon.
- Fusion Apollo stereo/ DVD.
- Apple TV.
- LED cabin lights with dimmers.
- Cockpit lighting.
- Spreader lights.
- Foredeck lights.
- Red bimini night lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- There are 3 double cabins and 2 singles in the 4th cabin - currently one berth has been converted to storage but could be easily changed back.
- Large owners cabin forward with centerline berth.
- En-suite head with separate stall shower opposite.
- Saloon with U shaped settee to port with custom dining table.
- Dinette with 2 small settee benches to starboard.
- Two large double berth cabins aft.
- Head to starboard aft, with stall shower.
- Access is either from the saloon or en-suite from the aft starboard cabin.
- U shaped galley with white corian work top.
- Blinds and shade on all windows for privacy and sun protection.
- Custom brown leather saloon cushions.
- All bunks have lee cloths fitted for when sailing.
- Cherry interior.
- Oak laminate cabin sole.
- Selden mast, 3 swept back spreaders. Silver anodized keel stepped.
- Electric In mast furling.
- Square section boom with Hydraulic boom outhaul.
- 3 x Electric Furlex headsail furlers.
- Genoa foil and forestay replaced Feb 2021.
- Hydraulic vang and backstay.
- Vang rebuilt May 2021.
- Wire standing rigging.
- Running backstays (for staysail stability).
- Storm trysail track on mast.
- Halyard adjuster tracks on mast.
- Carbon Fiber Spinnaker pole and track.
- 4 x upgraded Harken winches are controlled by push buttons at the helm.
- From Forward the sails are:
- UK Sails code Zero (carbon tape drive).
- UK Sails Genoa (tape drive).
- Self-tacking cutter/storm sail (running backstays or checkstays have been fitted to support the lower mast section when using the storm sail in heavy conditions).
- Inmast vertical battened Elvstrom FCL mainsail.
- Storm trysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 10 inflatable fenders and ample mooring lines.
- Rocna anchor and chain rode.
- Spare anchor and a parachute sea anchor.
- Side boarding ladder.
- Lengthened double bow roller.
- Anchor windlass.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Custom made stainless steel bimini structure to hold the weight of the solar panels.
- Dodger (new glass, May 2021).
- Cockpit cushions.
- Sunbed cushions.
- Wheel covers.
- Winch covers.
- Table covers.
- Pedestal covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- Fen Classic carbon davits are mounted on the stern and can easily lift a 40hp, 16ft inflatable via remote control.
- No tender is included.
- A Viking 8 person liferaft
- Auto fog horn.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Leitz printer.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Extensive digital library of manuals.
- Extensive spare parts.
- Galley equipment.
- Pots and pans, dishware.