2015 55' 9" DISCOVERY Cruising Sailboat Discovery 55 Lymington United Kingdom £795,000 GBP
2015 55' 9" DISCOVERY Cruising Sailboat Discovery 55 Lymington United Kingdom
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”, and built to MCA Category 2 standards
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull painted in Awlcraft SE 200 blue back with white style lines (2021).
- Antifouling in Seajet navy blue.
- Window mullions in black.
- Yacht constructed to meet MCA specification to meet coding for 60 miles offshore. This upgrade includes metal through hull fittings in engine room, upgraded pipe work in engine room, upgraded seawater chest, upgraded seawater strainers.
- Cavita line in bright white.
- Flush decks.
- No bump for the washboard on the cab top.
- Composite construction in Lloyds approved laminating facility with core providing exceptional stiffness and insulation. Laid up withvacuum technology for complete structural integrity.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout the hull for added strength and osmosis prevention.
- A Kevlar layer forward further enhances the impact strength of the hull.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
- 2 layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- New antifouling (2021).
- Mast, Boom, kicker (vang), Pole - white powder coat.
- Air Draft: 77’1” / 23.52m.
- Composite moulded GRP dual construction with core providing strength, thermal and acoustic insulation. The side decks drain through special scuppers to allow the option to collect rainwater to the stbd. tank.
- All load-bearing areas have marine-ply core and backing plates for added strength.
- Teak decks & capping rail.
- Joined to the hull with bonding paste and stainless bolts for strength.
- All bulkheads are laminated with epoxy paste into the deck for strength and stiffness.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kgs (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 2.23m (7’3”) provides a ballast ratio of 42% providing maximum stability and comfort.
- 1060mm leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Lewmar Mamba, solid rod steering system, providing direct & positive steering - no weak areas as with wire or chain.
- A light and positive helm feel provided by semi-balanced and substantially kevlar reinforced half skeg rudder, to give control in all weather conditions. The rudder is designed with sacrificial lower part. Emergency tiller fits directly to the top via a stainless deck access plate.
- Rudder dropped and overhauled in 2021.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp diesel engine fresh water cooled and water separated exhaust for quiet running.
- ZF 2.7:1 reduction gearbox.
- Walk-in engine room with the very best sound insulation.
- Racor single fuel filter with alarm.
- Dual fuel filter set up.
Maintenance & Performance:
- The systems aboard KILORAN have been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Engine hours 1,900 approximately since replacement of hour meter.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Standard Morse control.
- Rope cutter.
- 91cm steering wheel fitted.
- 2 x Drink holder vertical mount to back of pedestal 10A-86881V.
- 1 x Emergency tiller.
- Rope cutter on prop.
- Single steering pedestal with raised curved seat for good forward visibility and comfort.
- 24” Gori 3-blade folding propeller providing ‘overdrive option’ - for fuel efficiency under power or sail.
- Maxpower 10hp bow thruster; runs off domestic batteries.
- Shaft rope cutter.
- Emergency steering tiller located under aft berth.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout. This reduces corrosion and provides longevity of all electrical systems.
- 230v sockets throughout.
- 12v socket fitted to navigation desk with discrete stowage for mobile phone charging.
- 12v socket on pedestal and at mast (useful for spot light). Well laid out master equipment panel, DC panel and AC panel.
- Handy remote Victron and Generator starting/monitoring.
- Water and fuel tank gauges.
- Efficient 24v (480 a.h.) Sonnenschein industrial house gel batteries.
- 2 x 12V 60Ah Engine and generator Red Flash 1800 start batteries with built in ‘jump start’ system for backup starting or 12V charging reliability.
- Battery charging via shore power, or on board11kW generator (or engine).
- 230V/50Hz 3kw Victron Quattro 24V battery charger and inverter.
- US Battery charger (option added in case 110 60Hz shore power supplied) - Victron.
- 60 Amp 12v alternator for charging the engine start battery.
- 110 Amp 24v alternator for charging the main domestic batteries.
- Generator has its own 12V alternator for starter batteries.
- 11 kVA Onan generator.
- Multi-voltage shore power charging facility 90 -230V.
- 5kVa Quattro.
- 230v socket and mounting of Dyson hoover.
- Saltwater pressurised deck & anchor wash.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water for sinks, showers and hot tub.
- Electric flush Toilets – (ability to switch to saltwater).
- 50 litre insulated calorifier with immersion.
- Carbon pre-filter on cold tap in galley.
- Pressurised sea water for deck wash, electric flush toilets and hot tub.
- Deck rain water collection system.
- Sink manual fresh water backup foot pump and switched for fridge water extraction.
- Sea fresh H206A watermaker producing 102 litres per hour approximately.
- Analogue fuel and water tank gauge for quick and easy reference.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres over three tanks with selection and fuel exchange ability (range approximately 1400nm in overdrive).
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 tanks total approximately 120 litre blackwater holding tanks.
- Gas locker to take 2 x 6kg propane bottles.
- Pressure indicator identifies available gas capacity.
- Gas supply feed and socket to aft-port stainless steel removable gas BBQ including internal cooker flexible hose.
- Internal Gas alarm bilge sensor, auto and manual solenoid isolating gas locker.
- Maxsea software.
- Radar reflector.
- Raymarine AIS integrated with plotter.
- Autopilot hand held control.
- Icom 505 VHF.
- Wi-fi long distance antenna and router.
Navigation - Above deck:
- 3 x i70 MFD on companionway.
- P70- Autopilot control head at pedestal.
- New Raymarine E95 & integral radar display on helmsman's pedestal.
- Digital radar in HD colour.
Navigation - Below deck:
- Raymarine Smart Pilot Controller - handheld wireless remote autopilot.
- Raymarine AIS system installed & integrated with chart plotter.
- Plotter linked to TV via HDMI.
- PC linked to TV via HDMI.
- GPS , AIS and environment data (STNG) to laptop PC at nav station.
Communication & Weather:
- ICOM 423 VHF with second station at pedestal, fitted with loud hailer on mast.
- FB250 pre wire only, 24v to nav seat area and pull through cable to aft lazarette including dummy dome.
- Wi-Fi antenna fitted to the transom, including wireless router.
- Light, well ventilated, and practically designed, the galley is a pleasure to use, whether at sea or anchor.
- Inboard double sink for ease of draining. Additional recessed sink for securely stacking drying crockery.
- 300 litre (10.4 cubic feet) fridge new freezer plate, thermostat (2019).
- 170 litre freezer (6.0 cubic feet).
- Sea-water keel cooled heat exchangers that significantly reduce fridge/freezer power use.
- Both fridge and freezer are custom-designed, front opening, 24v and have superb insulation.
- GN Espace gimbaled, stainless steel gas cooker: 4 burners, grill, oven, harbour lock, stainless steel protection bar (new flexible gas hose and inspection 2019 certificate).
- Electric solenoid gas safety shut-off valve and emergency bypass (new solenoid 2018 season).
- Cooker extractor fan/lights built into joinery.
- 230v microwave (runs off Inverter also).
- Corian upgraded work surface.
- Discovery waste chute design and waste bin.
- Foot-operated fresh water pump and switches to fridge drain.
- 2 stall showers for guest and owners’ en-suite heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Full tropical air conditioning.
- 1 x Fan in each cabin plus 1 x fan in galley- in white.
- White air only dorades on aft deck between coaming and mainsheet track.
- 3 x Black air only dorades on bow.
- Ipod/bluetooth/ DVD with 12v amp and Hertz 165 component speakers, Alpine speakers in cockpit (2021). Dedicated 12v dropper. Video output to TV.
- 22" Flat screen TV to saloon on mast bulkhead, including TV antenna, HDMI and USB socket.
- Alpine 9861 DVD/CD/tuner upgraded speakers.
- Waterproof down lighters in transom - two lights in total in BLUE.
- LED boom light.
- LED navigation lights.
- Amphibian waterproof up lighters on mast - eight lights in total in blue.
- Antenna mast has a 24v deck flood light, illuminating aft gate area.
- Reading lights for each berth in the Pullman cabin.
- Low Level LED mood lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Interior joinery in maple.
- Amtico flooring in cherry.
- Joinery detailing shadows the Discovery 57 styling.
- Squared off mirrors throughout.
- Doors have maple banding, ebony inlay and birds eye centres.
- Both heads surface in D-021 Bluewave.
- Galley Corian in arrowroot.
- Bonded fixed port lights in hull (6).
- Transom port light opening.
- 7 High level deck portlights with black anodised frames.
- Front opening windows in saloon (2).
- Vertical windows in hull for owners’ stateroom.
- Black mullion for deck saloon windows.
- Discovery Mark II interior saloon layout.
- Leather seating in cream refurbished (2021).
Fabrics & Material:
- Headlining in champagne.
- Navigation seat cushions in Andrew Muirhead.
- Saloon seating cushions in Andrew Muirhead.
- Forward cabin headboard in Andrew Muirhead.
- Forward cabin blinds Ocean Air port shade.
- Pullman cabin blind Ocean Air port shade.
- Saloon blinds in Ocean Air Chintz Topaz.
- Aft cabin headboard in Andrew Muirhead.
- Aft cabin hull portlight venetian alloy blinds in Ocean Air Chantilly.
- Padded saloon table cover in off white vinyl.
- Saloon seat covers.
- 4 John Lewis Sailor Stripe Cushions, in red.
- KILORAN mats in blue with Discovery logo.
Description of layout from forwards:
Fwd Cabin, Pullmans Cabin and forward heads:
- Forward double cabin layout (head position forward).
- Concealed shade/mosquito screen in forward cabin.
- Flush mounted shade/mosquito sky screens in the Pullman cabin.
- Hook on back of forward heads door.
- Civio 24.3cms shower basket (Fitted to aft heads).
Saloon and Pilot Berth:
- Mark II saloon layout, with sofa to starboard side.
- Additional dining seat at saloon table.
- Locker outboard and forward of the nav station with no door and one shelf fitted.
- Concealed sky screens (shade/Mosquito) to both saloon coach roof hatches.
- Starboard saloon locker increased in size and bought in line with seating including a trotter box.
- Flat and clear navigation desk.
- Saloon table with maple banding, ebony inlay, and birdseye maple centre. Maple and ebony compass rose.
- There is basket drawers for more galley storage.
- Sink with dump sink and Corian cover.
- Removable pegged crockery stowage with a number of holes added to the cupboard above the Corian sink and aft cupboard in galley.
Aft Cabin, Aft Heads and Engine Room:
- Wardrobe on starboard side.
- Aft berth has a centre section that is lowered in front of the vanity unit.
- Engine room tool stowage and extra battens in door for support.
- Bike stowage in engine room (big heads with eyes on threads). Bike size 36" 28" 12" when folded.
- Towel hook on back of aft heads door.
- Cabin tumbler & holder (fitted to aft heads).
- Civio 24.3cms shower basket (fitted to aft heads)
- White painted aluminium Selden spar with swept back spreaders – fully overhauled and serviced in 2021.
- Single white whisker pole including downhaul set up (stored on front of mast).
- Wire rigging – fully checked 2021.
- 2nd whisker pole in white stored on front of mast.
- Selden electric furling. All serviced 2021.
- Selden rod kicker.
- Radar Reflector - Echomax (Active). Replaced 2021.
- Radar Reflector - Echomax (passive).
- Spinnaker halyard (halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and Spinlock jammer) each.
- Bowsprit for stem head.
- Discovery 55 graphic on boom.
- Emergency handle for in mast reefing.
- Electric mainsheet winch (54ST).
- Second mainsheet winch on starboard side (manual) (54ST).
- 2 Locking winch handles.
- Second manual winch for main.
- Hood Hydranet crosscut mainsail.
- Hood Hydranet crosscut staysail.
- Hood Hydranet crosscut genoa.
- Sail UV strip in white.
- Hood asymmetric spinnaker in pink with Discovery logo.
- Lockable catches to all deck lockers.
- Side boarding ladders drop down 57 style.
- Ensign staff.
- Full owners’ manual.
- Engine spares.
- Tool kit.
- Boat spares.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Windlass rocker switch at pedestal.
- Main anchor is a 40kg Delta.
- Stem head and rollers for main anchor.
- Lewmar V4 vertical windlass with capstan rebuilt 2021.
- Anchor chain 100m 10mm calibrated chain.
- 2 additional stainless mooring cleats.
- All cleats are folding wing cleats.
- Fortress FX 55 kedge anchor, including stern rail support, stowage bag, 10m of chain with 50m of Octoplait nylon line.
- Cleats in lazerette lockers.
- 6 x Fenders in blue.
- 6 x Fender covers in blue.
- 2 x 18mm 15m nylon mooring warps.
- 2 x 18mm 10m nylon mooring warps.
- 1 x Boathook.
- Anchor snubber.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Spray hood in acrylic vanilla (2021).
- Bimini top in acrylic vanilla with canvas step to join to the sprayhood for additional protection (2021).
- Pedestal & wheel cover in acrylic vanilla (2021).
- Cockpit table cover in acrylic vanilla.
- Cockpit cushions in Silvertex 122-1078 champagne with piping in cream.
- Pushpit bases and back cushions in Silvertex champagne with piping in cream.
Tender & Outboard:
- Electric davits (150kg load) fitted.
- Ribeye TS 3.50 RIB with tiller & 30hp outboard engine with davit lifting points, belly bands and blocks. You can use this dinghy to waterski.
- 8 man Ocean ISO SOLAS B Liferaft.
- Custom Push pit mounted life raft cradle suitable for hydrostatic release.
- ACR Globalfix I-PRO EPIRB c/w small bracket (1).
- Poly bottle for flares (1).
- Ikaros red parachute rocket - MCA (4).
- Ikaros red handheld flare - MCA (4).
- Ikaros buoyant smoke - MCA (2).
- Ikaros white hand flare (4).
- Horseshoe set c/w bracket and light - colour white (2).
- Kim Lifebuoy Drogue and Pocket (2).
- Hydrostatic release for life raft cradle.
- 3 x Dry powder fire extinguishers.
- 1 x 6Kg Propane gas bottle and regulator.
- Fire blanket.