SEPTEMBER AM - 2011 55' 9" DISCOVERY Discovery 55
French Polynesia £495,000 GBP
#39 of this incredible bluewater conveyance from Ron Holland and built beautifully in the UK in 2011. This yacht comes with the Mk II open layout and has been cherished through life. 2017 saw a total refresh at our very own Berthon Boat Co including all new upholstery and covers, full systems check and stacks more. She is ready to sail.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2011 55' 9" DISCOVERY Discovery 55 Cruising Sailboat SEPTEMBER AM yacht for sale in French Polynesia today!
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull & Deck Construction:
- Composite construction with end grain balsa core providing strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation.
- Layer of Kevlar adding to the hull strength.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout for added strength and osmosis prevention.
- 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- Cavita line in gel coat in white.
- Antifouling new 2019.
- Antifouling new 2019.
- Hull polished 2019.
- Stainless steel rubbing rail on gunwale by cleats.
- Teak capping rail and decks.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kg (20,500lb) shaped lead keel and a depth of 7’3” (2.23m) provides a ballast ratio of 42% providing maximum stability.
- Semi balanced large Kevlar reinforced rudder fully overhauled 2017.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours – approx. 2100 (July 2020).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single lever controls at cockpit pedestal.
- 1060mm 42” leather covered stainless steel wheel controlling a Whitlock Mamba, solid rod steering system.
- 3-bladed 24” diameter feathering Gori propeller with ‘overdrive’. Rebuilt 2017.
- Rope cutter.
- New prop anodes 2019.
- Full 2000hr service and heat exchanger clean in Tahiti.
- Maxpower 125 composite 10hp bowthruster; new motor 2014, fully overhauled 2017.
- Oversized autopilot.
- Emergency steering tiller.
- 24v System.
- Single 220v socket fitted at forward outboard galley, plus double aft outboard galley.
- Double 220v socket fitted at outboard saloon on port mullion.
- Double 220v socket fitted at saloon seating, adjacent to Eberspacher outlet.
- Single 220v socket fitted in pilot berth foot end, adjacent to double switch, plus 1 behind curtain.
- 12v socket on pedestal.
- 12v socket on mast.
- 12v socket in locker by navigation station.
- Numerous other 220v sockets located in/at:
- Forward cabin.
- Pullman cabin.
- Navigation station pedestal by chart table.
- Under navigation station.
- By PC.
- Aft cabin port.
- Aft cabin starboard.
- Additional double 220v socket fitted in the locker above trotter box. 1 x Socket fitted to each shelf, 1 x for printer and 1 x for laptop.
- 12 x 2v sealed gel batteries for house, providing 760 amp/hours at 24v.
- 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for engine.
- 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for generator.
- Blue power Victron battery monitoring panel.
- All batteries and electrical system fully checked out 2017.
- House battery charging via shore power (220 or 110v) or onboard 7kW generator and charger.
- Battery charger – allows yacht to be charged with any input voltage (suitable for USA).
- Balmar 97 series 140 amp hour alternator for 24V supply.
- Yanmar 55 amp hour alternator for start batteries.
- 7kW Onan generator.
- Generator Hours – approx. 1300 (July 2020).
- Additional sound insulation for generator, very quiet.
- 3 x Solbian solar panels and controllers installed 2019.
- 230v/50 Hz shore power.
- 16 amp shore power cable.
- 32 amp shore power cable.
- USA shore power option.
- 3kW Inverter providing 230v/50 Hz.
- Isolation transformer for all incoming shorepower.
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water system (electric shore power and or heat exchange).
- 50 litre insulated calorifier with immersion heater overhauled 2017.
- Seafresh H206A watermaker, 102 litres/hr.
- Total capacity of 1,262 litres in 3 x tanks (338 starboard aft, 562 port aft, 372 port forward).
- Total capacity of 787 litres in 2 x tanks (376 starboard, 411 port).
Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 80 litres (17 gallons) in 2 x tanks (45/35 litres).
- Magma BBQ (needs replacement gas controller) 2019.
- Permanent gas supply and bayonet fitting for gas barbecue, on aft deck.
- Washer/dryer in aft shower compartment.
- Full gas system check and certificate issued.
- New handheld vacuum cleaner 2020.
- Stainless steel self-contained fridge unit.
- Stainless steel self-contained freezer unit.
- GN Espace 4-burner cooker.
- Light and extractor fan; 3-speed fan.
- Freshwater filter.
- 2 x Electric WCs with fresh or sea flush.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher Hydronic M10 central heating. Three zones independently controlled. Fully overhauled 2017.
- 7 x 3-speed fans fitted in cabins.
- Pair of speakers in saloon – fitted on starboard side above pilot berth/sofa in headlining.
- Cockpit speakers recessed adjacent to the helm position.
- Fusion ms av650 entertainment system.
- Glowmex TV antenna.
- TV lift mechanism fitted starboard side behind sofa.
- Sony Bravia 26”.
- Canon PIXMA iP100 printer with rechargeable battery, fitted in locker.
- Computer – Various programs, including SeaPro providing back up chart plotter using the Navionics SD cards.
- All ceiling halogens replaced with LED equivalents.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 8 berths in 3 cabins.
- Replace upholstery in grey alcantara-type 2017.
Note: Wardrobe instead of starboard seat in aft cabin.
- Full rig check 2019.
- Electric in-mast reefing.
- Single whisker pole stowed on mast in white.
- Selden manual Furlex.
- Selden rod kicker.
- Radar reflector – Echomax (active).
- Radar reflector – Echomax (passive).
- 2 x Spinnaker halyards (halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and spinlock jammer each.
- Emergency handle for in-mast reefing.
- Solent rig, reaching Genoa, self-tacking jib and in mast furling leach batten mainsail.
- New Main outhaul (not installed) 2019.
- Electric mainsheet winch upgrade from manual winch (54ST).
- Additional mainsheet winch on starboard side (Electric) (54ST) includes winch, double main sheet, additional turning block and teak block, and additional U bolt fitted.
- 2 x Lewmar 2 speed electric sheet winches (68ST).
- 1 x Lewmar electric winch (54ST) on coachroof.
- 2 x Locking winch handles.
- All winches overhauled 2019.
- Service winches 2017.
- Main 68.14 sq m replaced by Zoom Sails NZ 2019.
- 480 AP Blade dimension Polyant 11.2oz, vertical battens, Sunbrella clew, Dyneema webbing.
- Genoa 88.3 sq m replaced by Zoom Sails NZ 2019.
- 480 AP Blade dimension Polyant 11.2oz, Sunbrella UV with tenara foam luff, Dyneema webbing.
- Jib 54.3 sq m by NORTH sails 2012. Fully overhauled by North 2017.
- Revarnish cockpit table 2017.
- Pulpit and pushpit. Flag staff holder on port side, and life ring holders.
- Flush style stainless steel dorade.
- Bathing ladder with hot and cold freshwater shower.
- Side ladder and mounts – includes additional rungs to below the waterline
- Folding Steps in port and starboard lazarette lockers.
- Lockable latches on all deck locker hatches.
- Single antenna mastfitted to transom starboard side for the broadband antenna, wi-fi etc.
- Grab handles run along the saloon coach roof.
- 2 x U bolt fitted, on the capping rail just aft of the forward 1st stanchion, one port, one starboard - to use for Main boom preventer lines.
- 2 x U bolt fitted, on the capping rail forward of chain plates, one port, one starboard - to use a Barber hauler position.
- Boarding gates and stanchions.
- Sealed cockpit table.
- Teak grating in aft cockpit.
- U-Bolts fitted in the cockpit for safety harness attachment - Upgraded to large 10mm Wichard pad eyes.
- 2 x Additional Wichard pad eyes fitted to cockpit area around wheel to tie wheel to when hove to.
- Passerelle socket fitted into top step – socket 30mm diameter.
- Modified stemhead includes passerelle socket.
- Emergency tiller.
- 1 x Ensign staff.
- 2 x American style GRP 6KG propane gas bottles with switchable regulator.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar V4 vertical windlass – capstan, new motor 2015, overhauled 2017.
- Fitted remote control for windlass at wheel pedestal.
- Hand held Wireless remote for use at the bow.
- Service windlass and overhaul anchor and chain 2017.
- Stemhead and rollers for main anchor.
- Self draining chain locker; saltwater pressurised deck and anchor wash located in the chain locker.
- Spade 40kg anchor overhauled 2017.
- 80m of 10mm calibrated chain overhauled 2017.
- Anchor snubber.
- Fortress kedge anchor.
- 10m chain plus 50m octoplait nylon for kedge anchor.
- Kedge anchor support on stern rail.
- Line and bridle for Para anchor (anchor not supplied).
- 12 x Mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel anchor roller for kedge.
- Additional stainless steel anchor roller fitted on port side.
- 5 x White fenders; 2 large yellow round fenders.
- 2 x 18mm 10m nylon mooring warps.
- 2 x 18mm 15m nylon mooring warps.
- 2 x 18mm 25m nylon mooring warps.
- 1 x Boathook.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood in beige 2017.
- Bimini top in beige; attaches to sprayhood 2017.
- Bimini sides and back with mesh windows and blinds providing a full cockpit tent 2017 (never used).
- Pedestal and wheel cover in beige 2017.
- Cockpit table cover in beige 2017.
- Custom Sunbrella dinghy/outboard protection 2019.
- Fitted cockpit cushions.
- Full 4 part winter cover.
- Sunbrella 3 part sunshade covers 2019.
Tender, Outboard & toys:
- Electric davits (150kg load) fitted; suitable for 3.15 rib and 9.9hp engine. Spare wires for davits.
- 3.15m dinghy - new 2015.
- New dinghy fuel tank 2020.
- Outboard bracket on pushpit – accommodates 9.9hp outboard.
- Outboard crane.
- SUP inflatable paddleboard 2019.
- 2 x Brompton folding bikes.
- Raymarine Lifetag man overboard alert system (not working).
- 8 man Iso 9650 type 1 Ocean liferaft; in pushpit frame with hydrostatic release fully serviced 2017.
- 4 x in life jacket personal location beacons
- 4 personal location beacons in life jackets.
- McMurdo 406 EPIRB with GPS.
- Kim lifebuoy drogue and pocket.
- 1 x Poly bottle for flares.
- 4 x Ikaros red parachute rockets (MCA).
- 4 x Ikaros red handheld flares (MCA).
- 2 x Ikaros buoyant smoke.
- 4 x Ikaros white hand flares.
- 3 x Dry powder fire extinguishers.
- 1 x Fire Blanket.
- 1 x Engine Room automatic fire extinguisher.