1993 54' ALDEN YACHTS Cruising Sailboat 54 Somerset Massachusetts United States $495,000 USD
1993 54' ALDEN YACHTS Cruising Sailboat 54 Somerset Massachusetts United States
Designed for both cruising and offshore racing, GLORY is among the newest and most comprehensively-detailed of the Alden 54s. Elegant, classic lines compliment a high-performance rig and custom keel. Custom sail plan with simple sail handling systems, watertight bulkheads, beautiful layout and custom detail belowdecks make GLORY an all-time special boat. Call today for details!
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1994 54' ALDEN YACHTS 54 Cruising Sailboat GLORY yacht for sale in Somerset, Massachusetts, USA today!
GLORY is among the newest and most comprehensively-detailed of the Alden 54s. Elegant, classic lines compliment a high-performance rig and custom keel. Simple sail handling systems, watertight bulkheads, beautiful layout and custom detail belowdecks make GLORY an all-time special boat.
She was designed for both cruising and offshore racing, with a custom sail plan and triple-spreader mainmast 10' beyond that of the standard Alden 54 for additional power in light conditions, and custom bulb keel, which adds substantial stability in a fresh breeze. Her sail plan and deck arrangement were engineered for simple shorthanded sailing, with a Harken luff track for the mainsail, removable staysail stay, Harken headstay and electric sustaining primary winches.
Her custom, three-stateroom interior provides a gracious home on the water, in port or far out at sea.
GLORY has a highly customized version of the successful Alden 54 aft-cockpit layout with three staterooms, a pilot berth, main salon, large galley, two heads and a separate, large, master shower forward. All headliners were replaced in 2014.
The Owners Stateroom is forward, immediately aft of a watertight crash bulkhead, with a queen-sized centerline berth with a custom mattress (new 2014) allowing good access on both sides. Good storage port and starboard with a large hanging closet and four large drawers under bed. There is a settee to starboard and Imtra LED reading lamps and dome lights. The en-suite owner’s head is aft to port with a Corian counter top, electric Vacu-Flush head, and storage both under the sink and to port. All toilet waste lines were replaced with odorless lines in 2019.
Aft of the owner’s stateroom accessed through a watertight door is the Main Salon. The dining area is “U” shaped with a large, custom drop-leaf table with a drawer, inset storage and wine cabinet below. Additional wine storage is located in an ottoman stored below the table that serves as additional seating for the table or a foot stool. All salon upholstery and foam replaced (2019) in Wheat Ultrasuede. The Entertainment Center is to port with a 24” Samsung flatscreen television attached to a retractable door that accesses storage for movies. Aft of this area is a closet that houses a Bose sound system, Samsung DVD player and attachment for Apple iPod. Included in the system are two Bose speakers in the salon and two cockpit speakers. The starboard side of the salon includes two swivel chairs with a drop-leaf game table with two drawers below. Outboard of this area is a comfortable pilot berth with a reading light and excellent leg room for tall people. All dome lights are Imtra LED, installed in 2014.
The Galley is aft of the salon to port with Corian counter tops and double-bowl stainless steel sink. There is an abundance of storage with two areas for food storage to port, two drawers, pot and trash storage below and valance storage above for cups, glassware and dishes. Dome lights above counters are Imtra LED, installed in 2014. Cooking is provided by a Force 10 propane stove, oven broiler installed in 2011 and a Hamilton Beach microwave oven new in 2012. New 12-volt Sea Frost refrigeration unit was installed in 2011: Top- and front-load refrigerator and a front-load extra-large freezer with digital settings and readout.
Two Guest Staterooms are located port and starboard of the companionway. The port stateroom is aft of the navigation area with double-size bed and a closet and drawer. The starboard stateroom has a queen-size bed, locker, chest of drawers and bulkhead storage, as well as storage below the bed. Both staterooms have two ports to the cockpit and a hatch to the deck. Lighting is provided by LED reading lamps and Imtra LED dome lights. The guest head is across from the galley with Wilcox Crittenden toilet (rebuilt 2020), sink and separate shower compartment, with access from the salon and the starboard guest stateroom.The Navigator’s Station is located between the galley and the port stateroom and features a navigation station/office with a comfortable chair on Harken roller track. There is a flip-top desk for charts, drawer and storage for a computer etc.
Hull and deck are fabricated of fiberglass-cored composite with isophthalic gelcoat, Vinylester barrier resin and stitched unidirectional fiberglass laminates. The external lead keel is affixed with stainless bolts cast in place. All structural/watertight bulkheads of fiberglass composite construction with wood veneer in living areas.
Lateral and transverse stringer system manages structural loads and provides superior rigidity.
Decks are finished in molded fiberglass non-skid pattern with epoxy and teak overlay. Cockpit is finished in teak overlay with molded helm seats port and starboard.
- New carbon fiber balanced spade rudder (2014)
- New quadrant (2014)
- Marlon thru-hull fittings
- Hull re-Awlgripped Black (2021)
- Bottom stripped and barrier coated (2018)
- (9) Lewmar Ocean Series deck hatches (new acrylic finish 2012)
- (6) Almag metal opening ports in cabin sides, plus (2) each aft cabin (removed, re-bedded, new Lexan panels, 2009)
- 27’ Double lifelines with bow and stern pulpits, and boarding gates port and starboard
Additional Deck Equipment and Features
- Bow and stern pulpits designed for open European boarding over either end
- Stainless stem head with integral anchor roller
- Ultra stainless steel anchor (2013) with 300’ high tensile 3/8” chain (2017)
- Fortress storm anchor with 250’ nylon rode and 15’ chain
- Maxwell 3500 12-volt windlass (serviced 2020)
- Windlass cockpit control (2020)
- Hinged stainless steel boarding ladder and hinged stainless steel swim ladder
- Cockpit dodger with elkhide grab bar (2014)
- Cockpit bimini and small awning connecting dodger and bimini
- Sail covers for main and mizzen (2014)
- Full cockpit awning
- Cockpit cushions
- Covers for rails and dorade boxes
- Sovereign propane barbeque on custom rail mount and dedicated aluminum tank
- Running lights converted to LED
- Varnish maintained regularly
ELECTRONICS, COMMUNICATION and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- ICOM M604 VHF radio in nav station (2014)
- ICOM M324 VHF in cockpit (2016)
- B&G Zeus 3 16.5” chart plotters at cockpit and nav station (2019)
- B&G digital radar (2019)
- B&G Autopilot (2019)
- Stephens Sea 322 SSB radio
- Brooks and Gatehouse Hydra 2 Ocean Pack performance/navigation equipment
- Class B AIS
- Sirius XM weather antenna
- Halo Red Port WiFi antenna
- Samsung flatscreen TV mounted on port side
- Samsung DVD
- Bose sound system with remote cockpit speakers
- iPhone, iPad compatible
- Bad Boy internet antenna
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Yawl rig with a custom, triple spreader mainmast 10’ higher than the standard Alden 54s
- Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging to Navtec turnbuckle tensioners
- Mainmast rod rigging replaced, including headstay and backstay (2012)
- Majority of running rigging replaced 2019
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster and boomvang
- Harken furling headstay system
- Harken “Bat car” mainsail luff track
- Harken adjustable genoa track blocks
- Removable staysail stay
- Removable baby stay
- Storm trysail track and halyard
- New Awlgrip, masts and booms (2012)
- (2) Lewmar 62 CCEST, electric primary winches
- (1) Lewmar 48 CCEST, electric halyard winch (2020)
- (2) Lewmar 58 CCST, two-speed secondary winches
- (4) Lewmar 48 CCST, mainsheet, halyards and reefing
- (2) Lewmar 16ST, mizzen sheet and halyard
SAILS (all North)
- New rod rigging main mast forestay and backstay (2012)
- Masts and booms repainted (2012)
- North full-batten Dacron mainsail (2011)
- North full-batten Dacron mizzen sail (2011)
- North full-batten Dacron genoa (2015)
- North mizzen staysail
- Sails serviced annually by North
- Harken adjustable genoa tracks
- Harken Bat Car luff tracks
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and boom vang
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT and ENGINE DETAILS
Yanmar 4LH-TE, 110 hp, freshwater-cooled marine diesel (complete rebuild 2018 (52 hours since rebuild June 2020) with Scatra Drive to reduce noise and vibration (rebuilt 2018), drives a 1-1/4” Aquimet stainless steel propeller shaft (new 2018) and 4-blade feathering max prop (new 2018).
- 170 amp house alternator (new 2020)
- 50 amp starter battery alternator (2020)
- Twin Racor filters with selector manifold
- Electric oil change pump
- Fireboy remote fire extinguisher system
- Two manual bilge pumps
- Two electric bilge pumps
- Engine raw water intake plumbed as auxiliary pump
- Sea Recovery 600GPD water maker
- ISOTEMP marine water heater
- Marine Air heating and air conditioning, (3) zones
- Sea Land holding tank sensor and discharge pump
- High pressure salt and fresh water wash down at bow
- Shower with hot and cold water on aft deck
- Spurs and line cutter on shaft
- New engine mounts (2018)
WIRING, BATTERIES and CHARGING
- MasterVolt 8D AGM batteries (2019)
- Xantrex inverter and control panel (2016)
- Northern Lights 9KW generator (new 2020)
- Main service cables replaced (2020)
- (2) 50-amp shore cords
- Viking 6-man life raft (new 2019)
- 406 EPIRB
- MOM 8-A overboard rescue system
- Lifesling overboard rescue system
- Offshore safety equipment, flares etc.
- Bow to stern jacklines with Wichard harness padeyes
The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale