2021 52' CUSTOM Racing Sailboat Carkeek CF 520 Ipswich United Kingdom £1,450,000 GBP
2021 52' CUSTOM Racing Sailboat Carkeek CF 520 Ipswich United Kingdom
The Carkeek 520 is on the leading edge of hull design. Waterproof and well sorted for offshore, with the option of water ballast and full and hardly used sail wardrobe, OYSTERCATCHER XXXV is a huge saving on new, and available right now for the Caribbean or Australian / NZ summer.
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2021 52' CUSTOM Carkeek CF 520 Racing Sailboat OYSTERCATCHER XXXV yacht for sale in Ipswich, United Kingdom today!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Composite structure for hull and deck in prepreg carbon with Nomex honeycomb core by Fibre Mechanics, Lymington, UK.
- Painting and fitting out by Fox’s Boatyard, Ipswich, UK.
- Bowsprit by Fibre mechanics, Lymington, UK.
- Underwater finish in Durepox.
- Pneumatic forehatch seal operable at mast and also below deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel fin is constructed with a central structural steel section with carbon fairings fore and aft, saving 40% of the weight of a standard steel fin.
- Lead bulb.
- Rudders built by Fibre Mechanics, Lymington, UK.
- Water ballast system comprising 2 x 500 litre tanks in wing tanks with flush scoops, crossover and transfer system driven by electric pump either side.
- Currently not rated for, rating certificate trial adds 5 points TCC under IRC.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Vetus M4.56 diesel auxiliary with SD 10 saildrive and Gori 2 blade racing prop. The Vetus engine was chosen for a lighter weight engine package for a very similar output.
- Very low engine hours as the yacht has been lightly used.
- The engine is mounted low down in the yacht, waterproofed and very easily accessed. Water filter is accessible at companionway step with a clear casing.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering twin Carbonautica wheels, steering system by JP3.
- Twin rudders linked with carbon bars on ballbearing track with manually adjustable toe in (below deck).
- 2 blade folding/feathering propeller.
- All supplied by Harken.
- Sail controls on Starboard side of cockpit to reduce weight of hoses.
- Vang, Outhaul, Cunningham and deflectors for mainsheet trimmer.
- Jib tack, in/out and up/down for jib trimmer.
- Horizontally mounted pump handles on port and starboard side of cockpit.
- Vang quick release at Mainsheet trimmer position.
- 1 x Lithium 200 Ah service battery bank.
- 1 x Varta gel engine start battery.
- Victron removable battery charger, plugged in through socket at nav station.
- Manual and electric bilge pumping system.
- 60 litre fuel tank, with filler below deck at base of companionway to save weight.
- 100 litre fresh water bladder, with clever pump to deck unit to use for filling water bottles. Tank can be backfilled from on deck.
- B&G 5000 system with 2 x 9” Nemesis repeaters at mast.
- B&G H5000 cockpit and nav station readouts.
- 2 x B&G Zeus 9” plotters on steering pedestals.
- B&G H5000 performance CPU.
- 2 x B&G 10/10 runner load readouts.
- B&G RF25 rudder angle readouts x 2.
- B&G H5000 motion, pressure & depth sensors.
- B&G precision 9 compass unit.
- Ethernet system.
- B&G V60B vhf radio inc cockpit speaker.
- Wireless tough pad.
- Diverse headstay load sensor.
- Fleet 1 RT satphone.
- Expedition software and C map charts.
- Panasonic laptop at nav station.
- Endescope with hull fittings.
- Galley with gas cooking system.
- Installed WC with flush seacocks on Starboard side.
- Compliant nav lights & interior lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 12 x pipecot berths with adjustment tackles.
- Storage lockers port and starboard behind main bulkhead.
- Gimballed jetboil galley with bowl (not plumbed).
- Spars, mast and boom by NZ Spars in high modulus carbon with Awlgrip white finish.
- Carbolink Aero Carbon standing rigging with titanium end fittings.
- Triple spreaders.
- Hydraulic mast adjust and shim system.
- Hydraulic system vang, main outhaul, cunningham & deflectors.
- Main halyard lock and reef lock points, with clew reef locks.
- Jib and spinnaker halyard locks.
- 2 x Masthead Spinnaker halyards, 1 x fractional spinnaker halyard.
- Gorilla foil.
- Standing rigging Swiss EC6 carbon with titanium fittings.
- Running rigging as required to race spec.
- Spinlock constrictor clutches on sheets.
- Harken winch system - based on 7 x 65.3’s 3 speed winches with underdeck linkage and 2 carbon pedestals.
- Constrictor clutches on spinnaker and mainsheet winches enables leeward mainsheet winch to be used for triple headed setup.
- Primary winches with deflector rings at base.
NB – Sail number to be retained by Vendor
- By North.
- Square top mainsail with 2 reefs incl. cover.
- J1 genoa.
- J2 genoa.
- J3 genoa.
- J3+ genoa.
- J4 jib.
- A1 asymmetric.
- A2 asymmetric.
- A4 asymmetric.
- A5 asymmetric.
- FR0 – with own Karver furling unit.
- Flying jib with own Karver furling unit.
- Spinnaker staysail on own Karver furling unit.
- Genoa staysail furling on own Karver furling unit.
- Storm trysail.
- Storm jib.
- Galvanised steel shipping cradle with custom hull saddles and hi/lo option.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 x Fortress anchor stored at chart table, with anchor chain and rode.
- Square fenders with adequate mooring lines.
- Boom cover.
- Cat 2 safety equipment.
- Including 2 x Ultralight liferafts in Carbon casing. 1 x 8 and 1 x 6 person with PLB.
receive full specifications on this listing
from the certified yacht broker.