CAPE FLING II - 2011 52' 8" MC CONAGHY Reichel/Pugh 52 Custom
Cape Town South Africa $295,000 USD
Cape Town South Africa
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Pre-preg carbon sandwich construction throughout.
Keel & Rudder:
- Twin carbon rudders.
- Solid steel keel fin and bulb.
- 1 x Yanmar type 4JH5E diesel engine.
- Engine spares; Racor primary filter, fuel filter, oil filter, alternator belt, hose clamps, hose joiners, clear hose.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Fully serviced since new according to manufacturer’s schedule.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin wheel steering.
- Retractable propeller.
- 2 x 100aH house batteries (replaced in November 2019).
- 1 x 50aH start battery.
- 12v standard alternator – 40AH.
- Volt meter.
- Crimping tool.
- Charts (Table Bay and Saldanha Bay).
- The navigator has a ToughPad deck screen but that should be replaced.
December 2019 Electronics Upgrade:
- New AnT 20/30 mast displays X 6 (plus an additional spare).
- New AnT GFDs x 4 (plus an additional spare).
- New AnT Processor. The processor is called an ATP1.
- New string pot for forestay rake measurement.
- New mast wand cable 2018 (plus spare).
- New Halcyon compass 2018/2019 season.
- New BnG FG100 compass for 2018/2019 season.
- Additional FG 100 compass install for the 2019/2020 season.
- New Dell boat laptop with expedition.
- The electronic upgrade alone was a £10,000 plus exercise…
- All rigging components were inspected professionally for the 2019/2020 season.
- Hall Spars rig with EC6 and a Southern Spars boom.
- V and D hangers NTD tested along with the forestay tang in 2017. 2018 and 2019.
- The forestay tang was replaced after the testing.
- The rig has the following halyards and locks; Internal Main halyard lock, 2 x Internal MH Locks, 1 x Internal Frac Lock, 1 x external job lock, GS Halyard (No lock).
- Gorilla Foil, Oct 2017.
- Floating spinlock jammer.
- Code 0 turning blocks.
- Furling line bungee and snatch block.
- Splicing kit; pullers, twine, needles, knives, scissors, splicing fid, dyneema, bungee, spare lock strop.
- Port Masthead, (New 2020 and spare from 2019); Lock strop new 2020 and new Tylaska.
- Starboard Masthead, (New 2020 and spare from 2019); Lock strop new 2020 and new Tylaska.
- Jib Halyard, New 2018.
- Fractional Halyard, New 2018.
- GS Halyard, New 2019.
- Main Halyard, New 2019; Lock strop new 2020.
- Spinnaker Sheets, 2 new sets for 2018/2019 season.
- Code 0 Sheets, 1 new set for 2018/2019 season.
- Jib Sheets, 4 new sets for the 2018/2019 season.
- Staysail Sheets, Old.
- GS Sheet – Old.
- Mainsheet, New 2019 season.
- Tacklines, New 2019 season.
- Runner Tails, New set 2020 and 2019 set as spare.
- Additional runner tail onboard racing spare.
- Winches were given an overhaul for the 2018/2019 season. Replaced all the necessary parts to maintain them at their optimum.
- All Harken.
- 1 x Pit – 65.3 STR Carbon top.
- 1 x Pit – 50.2 STR Carbon top (Left handed).
- 2 x Runner – 65.2 STR Carbon top.
- 2 x Primary – 65.3 TCR.
- 1 x Mainsheet – 65.3 STR Carbon top.
- Extensive spares kit after winch overhaul.
- 3 x Lewmar winch handles.
- The hydraulics were serviced Oct/Nov 2017 by a local company called Hyflo. All hydraulic rams and motors serviced in 2019.
- The system is designed by Greg Waters from Central Coast Hydraulics system.
- The majority of the yacht and sailing functions are all Hydraulic.
- All the winches (except the small pit winch) are now hydraulic. Added a new manifold to power the runner winches.
- All sailing functions except the main and jib Cunningham are hydraulic.
- Replaced pit winch/spinnaker drop wheel motor for 2019/2020 season (system works perfectly!).
- The Hydraulics are powered off the main engine with a PLC system to control engine RPMs while sailing and utilising the Hydraulics.
- The yacht has a lifting prop systems that is synced with the PLC to not enable cross functioning of throttle and hydraulics at the same time.
- The yacht also has a drop wheel system for dropping the spinnakers.
- The drop wheel is powered off the Hydraulic motor for the pit winch.
- Yacht able to drop an A4 in 2.5-3.5 seconds with the system.
- 3 x Mainsails (race main – Nov. 2016) – no reefs.
- 1 x J1.
- 1 x J2.
- 2 x J3 (Latest Nov. 2017).
- 1 x J4.
- 1 x J5.
- A2-F (Nov. 2017).
- A3-B (Jan. 2017).
- SS (Nov. 2016).
- GS (Nov. 2016).
- A2 – G (December 2019). Only used on 1 race day.
- A4 – F (December 2019).
- J1 – December 2019. Panelled sail for under 8 knots.
- J2 – 3Di (December 2018).
- Mainsail 3Di – December 2018.
- Fractional Zero 3Di - December 2018.
- 1 x Sail repair kit.
- 2 x Buckets.
- Tool box with assorted tools.
- Dive gear; fins, masks and snorkel.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Anchor ball.
- Fortress anchor (5m chain and warp).
- 1 x First aid kit.
- Grab bag; 2 x survival blankets, 2 x rocket flares, flash light (spare bulb and batteries), spare VHF, emergency navigation lights and fog horn.
- Radar reflector.
- Horse shoe life ring.
- Jon buoy.
- 2 x Mounted fire extinguishers.