2003 50' BALTIC Cruising Sailboat Baltic 50 Stockholm Sweden ($631,589 USD est.) €520,000 EUR
2003 50' BALTIC Cruising Sailboat Baltic 50 Stockholm Sweden
Sailed for most of her life in the wonderful waters of the Baltic with one trans-Atlantic under her keel to the warm water of the Caribs. This Baltic 50 is still in her original ownership and has undergone a rather impressive refit at Baltic themselves in 2012. She has since been kept ashore in a nice and toasty shed. Therefore she is in truly outstanding condition with beautiful looks and sailing capability.SPIRIT had a thorough systems test and service during the summer of 2020 - by a former Baltic Yachts employee.
The service included all pumps, engine, sail drive, hydraulics and electrical installation. New batteries installed.
A further service will be completed at the sellers’ expense when the yacht is back in the water. Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2003 50' BALTIC Baltic 50 Cruising Sailboat SPIRIT yacht for sale in Stockholm, Sweden today!
Refit & Improvements History
- Spirit had a very extensive refit at Baltic Yachts in Finland the winter 2011-12 and returned again in 2012-13.
- She has been stored indoors in a private, heated storage since autumn 2013.
- The brief for the re-fit was “rebuild Spirit to how you would have built her today”.
- Total cost of the refit including material exceeded €460.000. Close to 4,000 hours.
- Bow spirit with integrated anchor installed in favour of spinnaker equipment.
- Carbon standing rigging from Hall Spars.
- Electrical Main halyard winch.
- Topsides repainted silver metallic.
- Hull sand blasted and new epoxy + antifouling treatment.
- Teak refurbished.
- All white on deck and cockpit area repainted (with Awlgrip white).
- Mast and boom painted white.
- New pulpit.
- All cockpit FFDs changed.
- Deck hatches serviced.
- New anchor windlass.
- Entire interior re-varnished.
- New floorboards.
- New leather upholstery in saloon.
- New fabric in all cabins.
- All ceilings new.
- All hinges replaced.
- New electrical toilets.
- New TV and stereo with DVD.
- Cockpit and sailing lockers repainted inside.
- All pumps serviced or replaced.
- Engine out of boat and completely overhauled.
- New Volvo MD 130 S-drive.
- New A2 Gennaker from North.
- New 3Di jib from North.
- Old Gennakers recut to fit bow-spirit.
- Barber hauler for jib sheet installed.
- Clutches upgraded and old ones replaced.
- All running rigging new.
- All canvas new.
- New Exit Engineering Carbon wheels.
- Mooring lines new.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- The hull is constructed with epoxy using vacuum bagging laminating technique. Laminate to be in Carbon fibre and epoxy resin (Ampreg 22), and Corecell core.
- Some local reinforcement to be in Aramid and glass.
- All skins laid up in one bagging of all plies, with the last fibre ply being followed by a peel ply. Laminates to be post cured at 50 degrees C for 12 hours. Woven and biax laps to be 50mm.
- Hull exterior:
- US Paint #545 Epoxy Primer on entire hull.
- Topsides: Painted in refit 2012 in in Dupont, Toyota 199 polar silver effect with at least one layer of clear coat on top.
- No “Baltic” stripes in the aft end of the topsides. Water line black.
- Three coats (minimum) of Epoxy primer prior to antifouling paint.
- Antifouling International Premium White and Black mixed (to give grey finish).
- Hull surface interior:
- The entire hull interior skin and all non-visible FRP surfaces shall be finished smooth to eliminate any protruding fibre strands and to eliminate any voids or pits. Then, the hull interior skin and all visible and non-visible FRP surfaces shall be painted white.
- Structural bulkheads Corecell foam and Carbon laminate panels, prefabricated on a laminating table, under vacuum. Bulkheads laminated to the hull. Visible surfaces to be teak faced. Thin teak veneer applied by vacuum bagging. Bulkhead and tapping laminates to be post cured at 50 degree Celsius for 12 Hour.
- Chain plates in FRP, V-strap type using Kevlar and Epoxy.
- Pad eye on the stem head.
- Deck built out of a female mould. Fibre orientation and number of plies will vary over the deck. The laminates vacuum bagged to achieve the best possible strength and resin ratios. The deck constructed primarily of Carbon fibre and epoxy resin (Ampreg 22), and Corecell core. The inside and outside skins reinforced in way of deck gear with C- plates.
- One foam and Carbon deck beam each side under Genoa tracks.
- High-density core used under the runner tangs, winches, at the mast partners, and the upper rudder bearing.
- Compression tubes will be inserted, where necessary, in way of bolts under all deck hardware.
- Teak deck (incl. cockpit coamings).
- Teak over whole cabin top, including bridge deck and surfaces underneath sprayhood.
- Other deck areas and coaming painted in Off White.
- Teak toe-rail.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fixed ballast in keel totalling 4.083 kg.
- Keel fin in stainless steel. Keel bulb to be cast in 4 - 6 % antimony lead.
- Stainless steel mounting bolts.
- The rudderpost in CRP. The blade also CRP and with a foam core.
- Self-aligning JP3 bearings (or equivalent) for upper and lower bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta diesel D2-55.
- Complete overhaul outside boat in 2012.
- Current Engine Hours: approx. 150 since the refit.
- Volvo Penta MD 130 Sail Drive Gear Box (Installed new 2012).
- Standard Volvo Penta engine bed installed so as to be continuous with keel frame in FRP, so that the sump under the engine will serve as an oil drip pan. Complete drainage of pan shall be provided for by means of a small hand sump pump and swabbing.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Max Speed: 10.5 knots.
- Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
- Range: c. 650 Nm @7.5 knots/2100 RPM.
- Fuel Consumption: c. 4 litres/hour @ 7.5 knots/2100 RPM.
Note from Owner: Figures above to the best of my memory. SPIRIT has a relatively large diesel tank, 360 litres, for her weight and is very easily driven, especially in calm conditions. We have never taken any extra diesel (in jerry cans) and didn’t do that during ARC. Arrived in Saint Lucia with more than half tank.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin wheel steering system.
- Steering wheel height 120-125 cm.
- Steering wheels in carbon by Exit (new 2012).
- Individual steering lines for both wheels.
- Custom steering pedestals in cockpit.
- Wheel diameter - 1050 mm.
- Cable size - 10 mm Vectran.
- Quadrant - JP3.
- Stops - 2.
- Sheaves - 100 mm dia Harken.
- One aluminium emergency tiller, fits head of rudderpost, stows in cockpit locker.
- Helmsman foot braces fit each side.
- Volvo three blade folding Propeller.
- 4 in total = 240 Ah, 24V. Two under owner bed. Two under floorboards.
- 50A Mastervolt, 24 volts. Located in engine room.
- 50 A 12 V alternator mounted to engine for starting batteries.
- 120 A 24V DC alternator driven by the main engine for the house battery bank.
- Yes, incl connection cable.
- Inverter: 1500 W, Mastervolt. Located port side forward in lazarette.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot Water System: approx. 60 litres tank, heated by engine and 220v.
- The tank is in the engine room.
- Spectra, 60 litres/hour.
- Prefilters and vane-pump mounted in engine room.
- Membrane and clark-pump (it’s relatively quiet) mounted in port aft cabin.
- Membrane changed 2013 and unused since.
- Two manual bilge pumps, and one electrical, with flexible hose to clear other bilge area.
- 360 litres in Stainless steel tank.
- 225 + 50 litres in Stainless steel tanks.
Note: Water is divided into two tanks that are connected in order to meet racing regulations. The small tank serves as spare water.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Black Water: approx. 50 litres, stainless steel tank connected to aft head only with gravity disposal into the sea and deck suction. Tank is located forward of aft head under port sofa in saloon.
- Grey Water: Shower water and waste from hand washbasins drains into sump under floorboards at each head. Pumps out with electrical pump.
- Galley wastewater drains direct overboard with a pump.
- B&G Hydra 2000, 4*20/20 Mast Displays, 4*FFD in Cockpit, 1*FFD at Nav table, 1*FFD in Saloon, 1*FFD in owners’ cabin.
- Autopilot: B&G Hydra Pilot with Hydraulic Arm.
- GPS/Plotter: a new B&G Zeus 3 plotter 9” installed April 2021.
- Icom IC-M401 VHF/Radio at chart table.
- Sailor Iridium Satellite Phone (no contract).
- A new True Heading AIS transceiver was installed 2012.
- Compass: B&G.
- Radar: - no.
- iPad custom fitting bracket in cockpit, (could be used for mounting a plotter).
- Suunto compasses x 2 (one on each helm pedestal).
- Isotherm 24v, water cooled system without pump for fridge & freezer. Custom made fridge compartment with two top-loading openings.
- Custom made freezer compartment in small central sofa.
- “NASA” vacuum isolation panels to save space.
- The compressors are mounted at the galley (the area cooled by extra fan to be used in hot climates only).
- Alpes Inox four burner gas stove with oven (2013).
- Custom Fridge, 2 openings.
- Custom Freezer.
- Double s/s sinks.
- Delonghi Nespresso Coffee Machine.
- Gas Detector.
- Stowage for cooking utensils.
- Adequate drawers and lockers.
- Cutting board.
- Corian Cameo White covered worktop with deep fiddles.
- Drying locker for dishes above sinks.
- Garbage container under sinks.
- Foot operated seawater pump.
- Water faucet for hot and cold pressure water.
- Marine toilets: two electric Sani Marin SFA.
- Hot & cold freshwater shower in cockpit.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher 5 heating system.
- Blaupunkt DVD-Stereo connected to the Samsung TV + 2 speakers in saloon + 2 speakers in cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- SPIRIT has a semi-custom interior with joinery work to the highest standard.
- All visible joinery is teak faced with solid Teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The structure of the teak has a straight pattern, quarter cut.
- The joinery is varnished throughout.
- Visible surfaces are varnished, and hand rubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- She has a slightly sleeker interior style than the traditional Baltic interior style.
- The interior joinery is Carbon laminate Divinycell cored panels with thin veneers.
- Plywood, when used, is marine-grade. The trim is of solid wood.
- The heads are all composite construction with grey Corian counter tops.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Fittings are stainless and polished aluminium.
- Doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops where sensitive.
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Canvas lee cloths provided for berths in owners stateroom and guest cabins.
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Lockers are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer, standard pattern.
- Access to bilge is provided at as many places as practical. No trays.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forward Master Cabin with en-suite head with separate shower compartment and electrical head.
- Double bed with new fabric and mattress 2012.
- Big drawers under the bed.
- Wardrobe with full height hanging and shelves.
- Small chest of drawers and a small sofa.
- Wall cabinets on both sides.
- B&G FFD and 230-volt outlet.
- U-shape sofa to port with table and two seat sofa opposite.
- New beige leather upholstery (“Venice 3464” from Essma).
- Wall cabinets and bookshelf.
- Storage space behind settee backrests.
- Curtains for side windows.
- 32” Samsung TV and DVD-player.
- Alongside to starboard.
- Freezer in small sofa, fridge with two hatches and big drawers under.
- Alpes four burner stove.
- Nespresso machine in drawer unit.
- Drained cabinet for dishes.
- Custom made interior in drawers and cabinets.
- To port with shower and electrical toilet.
- Cabinets and shelves.
- Wet wardrobe to port with heater.
- To starboard with 23” Dell computer screen, GPS, Icom VHF, Sailor Iridium phone and electrical panels.
- Drawers and separate chart storage.
Port Aft Cabin:
- Bunk beds with adjustable angle.
- Wardrobe with hanging and shelves.
- New mattress, 2012 (hardly used since).
Starboard Aft Cabin:
- Double bed that can be separated.
- Adjustable angle.
- Wardrobe with hanging and shelves.
- New mattress, 2012 (hardly used since).
- Main Mast: Hall Spars Carbon.
- Boom: Hall Spars Carbon.
- Rigging: Hall Spars Carbon, new 2012.
- Harken mainsheet X-Haul system, mounted on white carbon support beam.
- Single jib sheet track system.
- Halyards, reef lines etc. led under cabin top.
- Headsail Furler: Reckmann Carbon with Carbon feeder.
- Hydraulics: Navtec hand operated / manual system for outhaul of main, boom vang, inner forestay and backstay, with control panel starboard side of cockpit.
Note: SPIRIT was originally fitted with OYS rod rigging. In her refit this was upgraded to carbon with all necessary fittings also changed.
- 2*Harken 980 Racing 3-speed Primaries.
- 2*Harken 65 Electrical Racing Secondaries / Main sheet.
- 1*Harken 48 Electrical - halyards.
- 1*Harken 48 Racing - halyards.
- Winch handles.
- Mainsail by North 3DL, 2010 (75.68 sq m area).
- North #1 3Di, 2013 (fits on furler).
- Hamel Sails furling cruising jib, 2010.
- North STX cutter inner jib, 2003.
- Code 0: North 2003.
- Spinnakers: North A2 2012, and a North A3, 2003 (a recut A4).
- Storm Jib, 2003, and a Try sail 2003.
- Sliding companionway hatch with two washboards.
- Marten Marine flush deck hatches.
- Cockpit locker starboard side.
- Lewmar opening portlights.
- Pulpit (top part opening), pushpit, stanchions and double lifelines.
- Swim ladder on transom.
- Custom Baltic Cradle currently mounted on a custom-made high-quality trailer.
- Large teak cockpit table with carbon legs, and a smaller white painted cockpit table.
- Two composite gas bottles in special, drained, compartment in port lazarette.
- General tool kit.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Windlass: Lewmar electric 24v, mounted under deck forward in sail locker.
- Foot switches and cable remote.
- Stainless Bruce anchor with 60 meters stainless chain.
- 8 big fenders with grey covers (2013).
- Extra Spade anchor (stored in aft port cabin).
- Mooring lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Big Dodger/Spray Hood.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 250 rib with 8 hp Yamaha (when deflated the dinghy stows in sail locker).
- Life Rafts: Autoflug 8 pers.
- Life Jackets: Spinlock x 4.
- Life Rings/Belts: 2*MOM 8 Man over board units.
- Fire Extinguishers: Yes, 3 hand operated inside boat + automated installation in engine room.
- Fire blanket, at galley.
- Gas alarm in galley and remote gas switch.