SUMMER STORM - 2009 49' 4" MARTEN YACHTS Marten 49
Portsmouth, RI United States $665,000 USD
Portsmouth, RI United States
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Full SPRINT Carbon and corecell construction.
- Topsides stripped to carbon, faired and awlgripped in 2017.
- Bottom stripped to carbon, faired and burnished.
- Deck painted 2020 by Hinckley.
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydraulically operated Lifting keel.
- Keel dropped 3x in 3 years. Stripped, faired and burnished.
- New keel bearings in 2018.
- Rebuilt hydraulic cylinder for lift.
- Lifting keel is raised and lowered with a hydraulic lifting ram and dedicated hydraulic powered pump. Switch on main panel by chart table. Manual override is provided for emergency.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH. Engine rebuild. New turbo. Heat exchanger.
- Engine serviced in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Saildrive gasket replaced in 2020.
Propulsion & Steering:
- New Gori 3 blade prop.
- Twin wheel steering with dyneema cables.
- All electrics have been replaced.
- 120 power is only inverter supplied assuring clean 120 at all times.
- 120 v outlets with USB receptacles.
- She operates on 15kw of 24 volt lithium Ion house batteries. 2 x 2017 and 1 x 2019.
- 3 - Mastervolt MLI 24/5000 lithium ion batteries Mastervolt EZ View at Nav RCD breakers on shore inlet and all inverter outputs.
- She can race for 24 hours without charging using all electrical systems including winches.
- MasterVolt 230/3500 Combi Ultra.
- MasterVolt 120/3000 Combi Master, set as inverter only and external 120 charger.
- 2 - 24/150 amp Mastervolt alternators with Alpha Pro regulators.
- Shore power fitting in cockpit.
- 230 volt shore power passes through Combi Ultra to supply charger, air-conditioners and hot water. Inverter when no shore power is present.
- Fuel: 170 litres.
- Fresh water: 280 litres.
- B&G H5000 Hercules.
- 2-GFD’s, Port Helm, Nav.
- Motion sensor.
- Precision 9 compass.
- Barometric sensor.
- B&G AIS 400.
- 12” Zeus 2 at nav.
- 9” Zeus 3 at stbd helm.
- MOB button stbd helm.
- Diverse load pin.
- Actisense N2K interface.
- 4- Garmin GNX120 mast displays.
- Hercules autopilot.
- Maretron tank sensors, fuel, water, and blackwater.
- Panasonic Toughbook w/ Expedition, MasterAdjust 17” monitor.
- PepWave cellular modem and WiFi.
- Icom VHF.
- KVH Fleet 1 Broadband sat phone.
- Fusion stereo with 3rd channel amplifier TV.
Heating & Ventilation:
- A/C system new. Massive air handling capacity. Recently serviced and updated with a new chiller.
- New mattresses and cruising kit.
Description of layout from forwards:
Master Cabin Forward of Saloon:
- Double berth set to portside with storage beneath.
- Reading lights; ventilation fan; white hull side panels.
- Opening deck hatch with OceanAir screens.
Master Head Forward of Cabin:
- Electric toilet with saltwater flush.
- Shower area with hand basin and Vanity unit/mirror.
- Opening hatch in the deck.
Guest Head on Portside, Forward of the Saloon:
- Jabsco manual pump toilet.
- Moulded GRP sink with mixer tap for hot and cold pressurised water.
- Shower with teak floor grating.
- Front opening locker with mirrors.
- Electric bilge pump.
- One opening hatch in the deck with OceanAir screens.
Saloon Set to Port:
- Sofa to port with storage underneath.
- Dining table. Utility locker at aft port side.
- Hull window port and starboard.
- Two overhead hatches with OceanAir screens.
- Reading lamps.
- Navigation table to starboard with instrumentation panel, PC and electrical switchboard.
Galley to Starboard Side of the Saloon Area:
- Acrylic working surfaces.
- Force 10, 3 burner gas stove and oven
- 50 litre front opening fridge.
- 75 litre top opening freezer/fridge.
- Stainless steel sink with mixer tap for hot / cold pressurised water, lockers under.
- Saltwater foot pump and faucet.
- Four 30cm wide drawers.
- Upper overhead cabinets, for galley equipment and food storage.
- Ventilation fan and overhead hatch with OceanAir screens.
- Two double berthed guest cabins, one to port and one to starboard, each with wardrobe, bedside unit with shelf and a tall hanging locker.
- Opening cockpit port light; reading lights; ventilation fan.
- Mast stripped and painted.
- New Nitronic rod standing rigging in 2018.
- Aramid backstay.
- Electric powered backstay adjuster.
- All new running rigging.
- Halyards, sheets, tack lines continually upgraded.
- New fixed bowsprit (removable) for 2020 season.
- Kicker fully serviced and re-coated with black powdercoat.
- New Antal powered mainsheet winches in 2019. Winches have with high output motors and custom gearboxes for both high speed and high load capacity.
- Upgraded powered Harken cabin top winches.
- UK - Light Medium Jib 2017.
- North - Medium Heavy jib 2017.
- Doyle - 2+ 2020.
- Doyle - J3 2019.
- Doyle - J3.5 High Clew 2019.
- Quantum - J4 2018.
- North - LRH 2018.
- North - JT 2018.
- UK - Fro 2019.
- North - Fro 2012.
- Doyle - GS 2019.
- Doyle - SS 2019.
- North - A1.5 2017.
- North - A2 2017
- UK - A2 2017.
- North A3 2012
- UK - A3 2018.
- North A4 2012.
- UK - A4 2017.
- UK - Titanium Main 2017.
- North-780 3Di Raw Main 2019.
- UK - Spectra Cruising Main 2016.
- UK - Spectra Cruising Jib 2016.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Fenders and warps.
- Racing anchor and cruising anchor, 300ft chain and rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Full cruising sprayhood in dark blue.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Halyard bags around cockpit.
- Full Bermuda safety gear.
- Safety equipment for RORC Series – 600.
Maintenance – Summer 2020
- Replacement of the steering hubs, cables and drive chains.
- Replacement of main seal on the saildrive.
- Replacement of several stanchions, the lifelines/guard wires.
- Rebuild of Gori three blade prop.
- Keel ram serviced.
- Burnishing the antifouling of hull.