DIRECT FERRY - 2007 48' 8" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS Island Packet 465
Sotogrande Spain £240,000 GBP
Bob Johnson designed Island Packet 465 with a smart dark blue livery and offered in gleaming good shape. Still with her original owner, she was built to MCA Category 2, as the original intention was to charter the yacht. This plan was shelved and she has only been used for local Mediterranean cruising with family and friends. She has a spacious centre cockpit, furling rig for easy handling and wide and safe side decks. Down below she is light, airy and very comfortable with up to seven people aboard. All her systems are regularly serviced and updated to ensure that she is a reliable platform for enjoying the water.Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2007 48' 8" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS Island Packet 465 Cruising Sailboat DIRECT FERRY yacht for sale in Sotogrande, Spain today!
- She was built in 2007 and commissioned 2/2008.
- 4 new deep cycle batteries fitted (6/2016)
- All systems kept updated annually
- The boat is in superb condition and ready to go, all equipment has been and is fully serviced and updated annually.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Full Foil Keel for exceptional stability.
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed roller application system.
- Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe.
- PolyClad3 hull gel system includes 10 year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- Fully encapsulated ballast forms double bottom over length of keel, no keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded interior structural base unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure 'belt-and-suspenders' installation.
- Deck laminate features Island Packet's exclusive PolyCore, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials, includes 10 year pro-rated limited warranty.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant, hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Mast above DWL 18.9m.
- Sail area 104.2m2.
- Max headroom saloon 2.2m.
- Max headroom elsewhere 2.0m.
Keel & Rudder:
- Full keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 75hp Yanmar 4JH4-TBE turbo diesel - four cylinder, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on.
- Reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, heavy duty, high output Balmar.
- Racor fuel filter with water separator, jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded ends, auxiliary.
- Extensive sound control with premium lead-lined insulating foam and gasketed access doors in galley, aft cabin, and aft head, plus access panels behind companionway stairs.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 780 approx.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Folding feathering VarioProp 4-blade propeller (2010).
- Sleipner Sidepower bowthruster (2020).
- UL listed marine pre-tinned 600V color coded and numbered wiring throughout.
- Deluxe electrical panels with battery switches, gauges and breakers for AC & DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights, electric pump, LPG, and battery charger controls.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter, and engine monitoring system at helm.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and underwater metals.
- Pre-wired: anchor windlass and bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to nav. area, extra Raymarine Seatalk cable from sea hood to nav. area.
- Messengers pre-run throughout yacht for additional wiring and electronic installation tasks 2nd shore power (2010).
- Two 12V DC sockets.
- Maintenance-free AGM 12V batteries: four service, one generator, and one dedicated engine start with momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting.
- 2 x Bowthruster batteries – Optima BlueTop DC 5,5. High power, deep cycle, sealed lead acid batteries. 12V.
- Charles 5000 series 60 amp battery charger, three stage, temperature compensating, UL listed.
- 100 amp alternator with voltage regulator and Charles digital Duo Charge controller.
- 6kw Fischer Panda ‘silent’ generator, controls at nav station (2010). 150 hours since new.
- Dual 16 amp, 240V AC dockside power systems through two UL listed Charles C-Power marine isolation transformers (with Mastervolt Soft Start) for added safety and flexibility
- Inlet breakers, one 50' shore power cord, numerous interior outlets w/RCD protection.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- UL listed 11 gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout.
- Heavy duty Rule 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium UL listed Ultra Safety Systems magnetic reed float switch.
- BilgeAlert bilge alarm w/remote alarm panel.
- Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole maximize storage and stability and minimize trim changes with varying fluid levels.
- Total capacity of 606 litres.
- Electric fuel pump w/momentary switch for bleeding lines, bronze engine intake strainer.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled, heavy gauge marine grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, sis deck fill, and tank-mounted gauge.
- Total capacity of 985 litres.
- ThermoCure fresh water tank constructed of molded and baffled resin infused fiberglass using FDA approvable VE resins, sis deck fill, remote tank level gauge.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 208 litres.
- ThermoCure fiberglass holding tank with sis deck pump out fitting, remote tank level gauge.
- Electric macerator pump w/valves for overboard discharge of holding tank.
- LPG system with self-draining storage compartment with gasketed lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; adapter for camping gaz.
- Navigation center features high backed swivel chair with armrests mounted on pedestal and covered in UltraLeather upholstery.
- Inlaid table with storage tray, large electronics panels.
- Master AC and DC electrical panels within easy reach from nav area.
- Hinged stowage tray for charts.
- Hanging wet locker adjacent to nav. area and companionway w/louvered door and drain to bilge.
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, helm seat cushion and backrest, seat locker, two 2" cockpit scuppers, four harness padeyes, engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove.
- Lewmar Mamba direct drive, geared steering system for superior reliability and control.
- Ritchie compass w/custom Island Packet nav grid, folding steering wheel (2010) with leather cover.
- Provisions for remote autopilot installation, pedestal guard, single lever engine control with premium Glendinning control cables, electronic installations.
- Fiddles to chart table (2010)
- Emergency tiller w/storage brackets in aft lazarette (accessible from either deck hatch or aft cabin).
- Raymarine ST60 speed/depth/wind indicators mounted in sea hood instrument pod.
- Raymarine E120 chart plotter.
- Raymarine AIS receiver.
- Raymarine S3G Smart Pilot system (6002 display).
- Raymarine products interfaced at navigation station on E120 and cockpit repeater.
- Furuno Navtex receiver.
- Furuno 2kw radar scanner.
- Raymarine E60 repeater.
- Binnacle instrument pod and extended rail.
- Raymarine S3G Smart pilot system, 6002 display.
- Raymarine 240E VHF dual station.
- Automatic EPIRB with GPS locator (2010).
- SART (2011).
- Radar reflector (2010).
- Navigation chips for Med.
- SeaGull IV water filter services cold water taps in heads and dedicated faucet (cold only) at galley sink.
- Galley with opening ports on either side to keep it light and airy.
- Fridge/freezer compartments with drop front lids and gas support struts for easy access.
- Dual Frigoboat Keel Cooler refrigeration/freezer systems with individual digital controls.
- Refrigerated drawer under freezer box for convenient access.
- Gimballed 3-burner Force 10 LPG stove w/oven and broiler - sis deluxe safety type, sealed burner top, sis guardrail w/harness hooks, pots and pans storage beneath.
- Microwave oven.
- Deep double sis sinks, hot & cold pressure water tap, retractable spray unit.
- Manual fresh water pump.
- Teak dish racks and cutlery drawers.
- 2 x WCs. VacuFlush electric heads with tank monitors.
- Automatic shower sump pumps and drain pump w/strainers for refrigerator/freezer compartments.
- Hot/cold shower on swim platform.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning in sleeping cabins and saloon, independent control in each (2010).
- Webasto heating system.
- 19" LCD TV with mast mounted antenna.
- DVD/CD/radio with iPod connection and saloon speakers.
- Two waterproof cockpit speakers.
- Additional lighting in cockpit, galley and cabins (2010).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Six deck hatches with Ocean Air screens and shades.
- Four sis Dorade style vents w/screens and plugs.
- Select teak hardwoods and veneers for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim.
- Louvered cabin doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers.
- Satin interior wood finishing.
- Removable snack table for saloon, varnished teak with oval and star inlay, mounts port or starboard.
- Storage rack for companionway drop boards.
- Blinds to cabin and heads windows (2010).
- Custom made blinds to large saloon side windows (2010).
- Fitted bed covers.
Description of layout:
Expansive main saloon boasts more than seven feet of headroom and panoramic view through seven fixed safety glass windows w/polished stainless steel exterior frames. Full-length settees port and starboard with ergonomically shaped, multi-density cushions covered in UltraLeather upholstery, large storage areas behind and beneath. Port settee extends to centerline to make a double berth, and both settees can be used as sea berths. Large main dining table stows against a bulkhead wine rack, opening up the area for socializing. Smaller, removable table is also available, which mounts on either side of the saloon for added flexibility while dining or entertaining. Numerous chrome plated cabin sidelights with individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Two large overhead hatches with screens/shades, deck vents, and overhead handrails. Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole.
Forward stateroom with large island berth, privacy doors to main saloon and head compartment. Five-inch innerspring mattress w/quilted pillow top. Aft end of bunk lifts on gas support struts to reveal large blanket tray. Chrome-plated cabin sidelights w/individual dimmers, overhead lights w/remote dimmer switch. Three opening ports, overhead hatch with screen/shade. Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole.
Forward head VacuFlush electric head with tank monitor, separate shower stall w/folding acrylic door, molded seat, electric sump drain. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Two opening ports, one overhead hatch with screen/shade.
Aft owner's stateroom with large island berth and privacy doors to passageway and private, en-suite head compartment. Five-inch innerspring mattress w/quilted pillow top. End of bunk lifts on gas support struts to reveal large blanket tray over large cedar-lined drawer. Teak cabinetry, including large cedar-lined hanging locker w/extra height rods outboard and a large bureau. Dressing seat upholstered in UltraLeather upholstery. Gasketed access door to aft lazarette. Chrome-plated cabin sidelights w/individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Five opening ports, one overhead hatch with screen/shade, two Dorade style vents, and overhead handrails. Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak and oak sole.
Aft owner's head VacuFlush electric head with tank monitor and wrap around solid acrylic backrest for secure seating. Separate shower stall w/folding acrylic door, molded seat, electric sump drain. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Two opening ports.
- Tri-colour at masthead.
- Roller furling mast with spare halyard.
- Hoyt self-vanging staysail boom for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability.
- Genoa and staysail on Harken furling systems.
- Main halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast.
- Mainsail roller furling control lines led aft to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST, 2-speed winch.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Main sheet traveler w/4:1 control system led to cockpit.
- Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST winch.
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch on mast
- Stays sail sheet led to cockpit through stopper to Lewmar Ocean Series 44CST winch
- Staysail halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 8C winch on mast.
- Removed and valeted, refitted (annually).
- Two primary electric winches - Lewmar 54CEST, 2-speed in lieu of standard, plus one cabin top winch - Lewmar 44CEST, in lieu of standard, cockpit controls
- Two secondary winches Lewmar Ocean Series 16CSTs
- In-mast vertically battened roller furling main, 110% roller furling genoa in high modulus Dacron with white UV sun panel, roller furling staysail in high modulus Dacron with white UV sun panel.
- Storm jib
- Large center cockpit provides safe working area from which you can perform all necessary sail adjustments underway.
- Wide side decks, strategically placed hand rails and recessed foredecks maximize your safety on deck.
- Boarding/swim platform - fiberglass with sis frame, teak grates, hideaway swim ladder and steps leading to deck.
- Emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Centrally located and gasketed aft deck hatch opens to large lazarette w/steps, hooks for lines, access to rudder shaft, and emergency tiller, diamond plate floor step.
- LPG deck storage bin on aft deck with one 10-pound tank (plus room for spare); second storage bin for miscellaneous gear, both with gasketed lids with drains overboard.
- Sliding companionway hatch with sea hood, interior latch, and exterior hasp and lock.
- Solid teak drop boards, middle board with safety glass port and etched logo, board retaining pin.
- Wide side decks with sis cabin top handrails and recessed foredeck.
- Starboard shelf to direct rode aft.
- Welded sis mast rails.
- Double lifelines with sis bow and stern rails, flagstaff and holder, and sis Dorade style vents w/guards.
- Stern gate with quick release hook, integral stern rail seats.
- High impact vinyl rub rails with sis striker.
- Side decks drain to boot stripe.
- Teak cap and drip rail with stainless steel striker.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with fiddles and hinged leaves.
- Gas canister.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Muir Cheetah 2500 anchor windlass, reversible electric w/deck and cockpit controls, 250' 3/8" chain and rope safety tail.
- Galvanized delta anchor.
- Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch (Lewmar w/slip resistant surface), sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge w/shutoff valve, large divided rode bins with hooks for lines/fenders/gear.
- Wide integral bow platform w/exclusive IP designed and patented SeaSafe anchor rollers for fully captive, low chafe chain/rode guides, quick anchor deployment and secure storage.
- Six 12" mooring cleats and two 12" spring line cleats, sis chocks, flush mount chafe guards.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- New sprayhood (2019) by C&J Marine.
- Sprayhood with grab rails.
- Bimini with s/s frame.
- Infill between bimini and sprayhood.
- Wheel and pedestal cover.
- Five cockpit cushions plus cushion backrest at helm station, 2" closed cell foam with Textaline covers.
Tender & Outboard:
- Davits on stern for dinghy with winches (2010).
- Large aft deck with room for dinghy stowage.
- Extendo Boom dinghy lift mechanism facilitates launch/retrieve.
- Avon Airdeck 310 dinghy (2010).
- Yamaha outboard 9.9hp 9FMH (2010).
- Liferaft with cover and automatic launch.
- 4 x Lifejackets and lifelines.
- Fire extinguishers throughout.