JANIQUE III - 2014 46' MOODY Moody 45 Classic
Stratford Connecticut United States $285,000 USD
Stratford Connecticut United States
Having grown up on wooden boats, Moody 45 Classic JANIQUE III’s owner loves the classic mahogany interior of the Moody 45, her long coachroof, and in keeping with the classic look, the ports were also changed from square to oval shaped during build. Twin steering stations provide excellent visibility. That being said, living right under the jet path to JFK, keeping teak decks cleaned was not easy, and the option for flexiteak was selected. The Moody 45 also has one of the best comfortable & social cockpits going, generous seating and easy on/off with her manually operated opening transom and swim ladder, and my favorite, the aft pushpit seats! She has a teak cockpit table also customized with stainless handrails. All of this combined with a modern underwater shape and an effective keel and rudder design.
Her interior with the cream upholstery and white corian countertops – a fantastic look! With two daughters, the three cabin/two head layout works perfectly providing plenty of cabin space and privacy for everyone, and sleeping comfort with full air conditioning. L-shaped galley is open to the salon area, so open flow of communication for the cook & guests, lots of locker space. The owner’s head forward is private, with aft head for family including stall shower.
The Moody 45 Aft Cabin is a very easy boat to single hand, Stackpack on main, self-tacking jib and the optional double forestay, with primary electrics as well. The engine was also upgraded to the 75 HP Volvo with sail drive, AGM batteries for both service and engine. Full B&G Triton package with radar/autopilot/cockpit touch screen GPS included.
JANIQUE III has cruised from Long Island to Newport and always heated during the winter months. She has been babied by her owner, the boat is immaculate maintained right down to the bilges. Make no mistake however, this is a bluewater boat that is ready to cruise extensively, as other Moody 45 owners have done!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White gelcoat hull.
- Oval portlights.
- Manually operated bathing platform.
- SST fixed windscreen.
- 12 opening ports.
- Teak toerail.
- 2 stainless steel dorades.
- Bottom painted Spring 2020.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo D2-72, 53 kW/75HP. Engine Hours: c. 210.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed folding prop.
- 220v 50amp shorepower.
- 110V outles in cabins.
- Varta AGM engine & service batteries.
- Battery capacity upgraded to 1 x 90 Ah for start, and 3 x 165 Ah for service.
- Battery charger.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Water heater, running off engine or 110V element.
- 1 manual, 1 electric bilge pump.
- Fuel tank, approx. 220L.
- 1 Fresh water tank, approx. 320L, with water filler on deck.
- B&G Triton Multifunction display in cockpit including transducer (speed, depth, temp).
- B&G Navigation Plus package: 2 x Triton MFD, one at each helm position including wind transducer, V50 at chart table incl. 2nd handset H50 and wireless remote, Zeus touch 12" screen GPS chart plotter at pedestal, Autopilot control unit and fluxgate Gyro Compass, RC42, and antenna for VHF, FM and AIS.
- Radar, TV.
- Corian countertops.
- Double sst sink.
- 3 burner propane stove.
- Refrigerator, 12V, about 130L, top and front loading.
- Waste bin.
- Hot & Cold shower on deck.
- Shower sumps.
- Jabsco toilets (2), both manual, with plastic holding tanks (2).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning, 2 units with 7000 BTU's in master cabin, and 12,000 BTU's in main salon area.
Summary of Accommodation:
- High gloss mahogany interior woodwork
- L shaped galley.
- CL berth in owner's cabin fwd, with en suite head.
- Two double aft cabins.
- U shaped settee on stbd side, two seats opposite.
- Creme upholstery, Kent.
- Comfort mattresses for all berths.
- Oceanair blinds with flyscreens for overhead hatches.
- Corian or like galley countertops.
- 9/10th Selden alum., 2 spreader.
- Genoa tracks & ball bearing sliders adjustable from cockpit.
- Aluminum boom, Selden.
- SST wire standing rigging.
- Adjustable backstay.
- Clutches for furling line.
- 2 x Lewmar 50 ST EVO winches on coachroof.
- 2 x Lewmar 55 EST EVO primary winches (electric).
- EVLSTROM sails: main & self-tacking jib with battens and sliders, and EVLSTROM genoa for second forestay.
- Second forestay with second furler for genoa.
- Stackpack sail cover.
- Cockpit table.
- Three large opening deck hatches.
- SST swim ladder.
- Outboard motor mount
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Delta anchor 25 kg.
- Mooring cleats.
- 60m of 10mm chain.