1975 46' 7" VAGABOND Cruising Sailboat 47 Hilton Head South Carolina United States $370,000 USD
1975 46' 7" VAGABOND Cruising Sailboat 47 Hilton Head South Carolina United States
VAGABOND 47' 1975/2018
This Vagabond 47 was built in 1975 by Blue Water Yacht Builders Limited of Taiwan. She was designed by William Garden as a long keel offshore cruiser and was built of heavy hand laid fiberglass as fashionable in the 70's.
She was purchased as a derelict in 2008 and transported to Cincinnati, Ohio where she was stored on the hard. She was completely stripped and rebuilt, the only original components being the fiberglass hull and deck shell. The hull and deck underwent fiberglass repairs where needed and were reinforced at high-stress locations such as chain plates and thru/hull locations.
The entire hull and deck topsides were taken down to bare glass. After a new, heavy layer of gel coat was applied, she was primed and painted with a 2 part epoxy paint system (Interlux Perfection). After being peeled, the hull below the waterline was re-coated with 5 layers of epoxy resin, five coats of barrier paint and three coats of ablative bottom paint. A new rudder was built.
The new ash and teak interior was professionally built, far exceeding, both in appearance and quality, the original as-new interior. New bulkheads, chain plates, engine mounts and mast compression posts were manufactured and installed. All deck and hull attachments are re-enforced with heavy, stainless steel backing plates.
The engine, shafting, prop and generator are all new and have been professionally installed. The fuel tanks are new and built of heavy aluminum, the new potable water tanks are built of food-grade stainless steel. The new AC and DC electrical systems and the fuel and water plumbing systems were professionally installed.
There is no wood on the exterior of the yacht, all wood-like material is synthetic, UV-resistant PVC-based product requiring little-to-no maintenance.
She has new aluminum masts, new Schaefer roller-furling booms, new standing rigging and running rigging. The sails (main, mizzen, staysail, genoa and code zero) are new and were manufactured by Mack Sails of Stuart, Florida.
A full complement of Raymarine electronics, including hydraulic auto-pilot, have been installed. Mast-mounted cellular and WI-FI antennas provide internet connectivity to the onboard wireless Local Area Network.
Professional marine surveys were conducted throughout the restoration and are available for review. All work and expenditures have been fully documented. A complete photographic history of the demolition and rebuild are also available for the serious buyer's review.
s/v Perfect Love was featured in the March/April 2018 edition of Good Old Boat Magazine (page 30).
THIS IS A NEW BOAT! Everything is new, only the actual fiberglass hull and deck are original. All equipment and systems are fully documented including complete wiring diagrams (every wire is labeled) and plumbing diagrams (fuel, water and waste).
Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 1975 46' 7" VAGABOND 47 Cruising Sailboat Perfect Love yacht for sale in Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA today!
- L-shaped galley
- Over-sized sink
- Propane stove
- Solid surface countertops
- All new and upgraded interior finishes
- New refrigeration and freezer
Hull and Deck
- Fully restored hull and deck
- New gelcoat on deck
- NO wood on deck
- PlasDeck synthetic teak non-skid applied to decks
- Topsides sandblasted and freshly painted
- All new gelcoat on hull
- Dinghy davits
- Hard top bimini
- Full canvas and Strataglass cockpit surround
- Swim ladder
- 2017 Raymarine Chartplotter
- 2017 Raymarine Radar
- 2017 Raymarine Autopilot
- 2017 Raymarine Wind/Speed/Depth
- VHF Radio
- Mast-mounted cellular and WI-FI antennas
- Flat-screen TV
- All new wiring throughout the boat
- New battery bank, 2017
- New, upgraded control panel
Salon and Berths
- A simply gorgeous rebuild of the interior of this Vagabond 47 awaits you! All new cabinetry, cushions, and finishes make the interior a jewel.
- The salon table has a custom star inlay of teak and ash.
- All new wood finishes, professionally installed.
- This boat is not to be missed.
Rig and Sails
- New standing rigging, 2017
- New running rigging, 2017
- New chainplates, 2017
- New sails, 2017 - Mack Sails
- New masts, booms, spreaders, 2017
- Main and mizzen are Schaefer In Boom roller furling and genoa and staysail are Schaefer roller furlers
- All new hardware, 2017