ISLAND PACKET YACHTS
45' 3" (13.79m)
Paige Too - 1997 45' 3" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 45
Rock Hall Maryland United States $189,000 USD
Rock Hall Maryland United States
The 1997 45' 3" ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 45 Classic Yacht Paige Too is a sail boat for sale located in Rock Hall, Maryland, USA. Long Range Cruising Yacht -- Island Packet 45"PAIGE, TOO"Is a well equipped, award winning Island Packet Yacht. The current owner has done extensive replacements and upgrades during their ownership. This yachts will make someone a great extended cruising boat or liveaboard.NEW 2019 (August) Salon CushionsNEW 2010 Engine - Yanmar 75 Hp (the original was 62 Hp)NEW 2010 Prop - Max 3 BladeNEW 2010 HatchesNEW 2010 PedestalNEW 2010 Bilge Pumps & SwitchesNEW 2010 Refrigeration (Frigaboat)NEW 2010 StoveNEW 2010 Inverter Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this yacht for sale in today!
LENGTH 45' 3" (13.79m)
BUILDER ISLAND PACKET YACHTS
ASKING PRICE $189,000 USD
BUILT (REFIT) 1997
BEAM 13' 4" (4.06m)
MX SPEED N/A
CRUISING SPEED N/A
GROSS TONNAGE 0.00
DISPLACEMENT 28400 Lbs
LOCATION Rock Hall, Maryland, USA
The Island Packet 45 was built from 1996 until 2000 and was built to replace the Island Packet 44. "PAIGE, TOO" was a mid-production boat and is hull #22 with a total of 41 boats built. The 45 was a "Cruising World's Boat of the Year winner, receiving both "Best Value" and "Overall Winner" of the full-size cruiser class in 1996.
The Island Packet 45 provides a well appointed, practical yet innovative interior layout.The accommodations take into consideration both the requirements of extended cruiser yet maintaining the comfort necessary when living aboard. There ar two large staterooms, which are well separated for privacy and each having their own head and shower. Combine this with a large central living area to providing a great area for entertaining guests or just relaxing.
As you enter below the first thing you notice is how bright and open feeling she is. To starboard is a large galley which provides both easy access to the salon and cockpit, yet is well out of the flow of traffic. Directly forward of the galley is located a large nav station with swivel chair that slides fore and aft on tracks recessed into the sole, a large lift top chart table and more than ample space for electronics. Outboard is located a large wet locker.
Directly to port is located the large aft head. Again, conveniently located to both salon and cockpit. This head contains a shower with adjustable shower head, toilet, vanity with a stainless steel sink. There is also a second door giving private access from the aft cabin. (one will note that the sole connecting the head, nav station and galley is constructed of a diamond patterned limit slip fiberglass while the rest of the boat has a varnished teak and holly sole).
As you move forward you are welcomed by a large salon with full length settees on boat port and starboard side. The large dinette table easily folds against the bulkhead covering a divided, shelved storage cabinet and opening up the salon. There is plenty of storage both behind and beneath both settees as well as cabinets above the settees both port and starboard.
Proceeding forward is the owner's stateroom. This is a full width cabin with a large offset double Pullman berth to starboard. Port side as all storage with a huge cedar hanging locker and other closed shelf storage, beneath the berth are large draws and top load storage.
Forward of the owner's stateroom is the spacious and private forward head which includes a large wraparound counter top with an oval polished stainless steel sink, storage cabinets above and below, full mirrors port and starboard as well as a separate vanity table with hinged top storage tray. The spacious shower area includes a teak seat and curtain to prevent getting the rest of the area from getting wet and home style adjustable bulkhead mounted shower head.
Moving aft and just to port of the companionway is the guest stateroom. This cabin is quite roomy and has it's own private entrance to the aft head. There is a large double berth, cedar-lined hanging locker as well as cedar lined shelved lockers. This cabin has 3 opening ports and an over head hatch.
- NEW (2010) Frigoboat Refrigerator/Freezer Top Load
- NEW (2009) Seaward 3-Burner Propane Stove and Oven
- Microwave Oven (GE) Built-in
- Double Stainless Steel Sink w/ Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Trash Bin
- Storage Above and Below Counter
When approaching "Paige, Too" you will note her long sleek lines and notable sheer. All of the traditional Island Packet design and style is there but with a leaner look.
As you step aboard you will notice the spacious cockpit with full length seating and separate helm seat. The helm has newly replaced pedestal with rack and pinion steering and destroyer wheel. The pedestal also provides mounting for a cockpit table, single lever throttle with shifter, compass and instruments. Starboard side contains a deep cockpit locker with a shallow on to port. All lines run to the cockpit with covered line lockers provide storage of running rigging when not in use. The companionway is recessed with solid teak drop boards that pin in place for off shore security.
There is a custom stainless steel arch that provides mounting for solar panels overhead, lifting and storage for a dingy, outboard motor lift and numerous antennas including radar. Protection is provided by a full length bimini with windshield.
As you step out of the cockpit there are and move forward you will note full double lifelines, stern pulpits and bow pulpit. The side decks have a molded diamond pattern sole and raised bulwarks for secure footing. There are (2) stainless steel granny bars at the mast and (4) dorades providing continual ventilation as well as (7) overhead hatches and (16) opening stainless steel ports. For anchoring there is a large bowsprit with dual anchor rollers and windlass.
The rig is a simple cutter rig which is both versatile with having more sail combinations without having to change sails and more manageable by having (3) but smaller sails. All lines come to the cockpit for the standard sail combinations and sheeting.
The mast is both double spreader rigged and keel stepped adding extra support. With the combination of the rig and full foil shaped keel provide for better performance both to windward and off the wind in a wide range of conditions with a short handed crew.
- NEW (2019) Dodger w/ Side Grab Rails and Solid Struts
- NEW (2014) Holding Tank and Waste Hoses
- NEW (2010) New Barrier Coat on Bottom
- NEW (2010) Pedestal at Helm
- NEW (2010) Lifelines
- NEW (2010) Manual Bilge Pump in Cockpit
- NEW (2010) Acrylic Hatches
- NEW (2010) Screens for all Ports
- Solar Panels (2)
- Bow Pulpit (Stainless Steel, Double Rail)
- Stern Rail (Stainless Steel, Split w/ Swim Ladder)
- Custom Stainless Steel Arch w/ Dinghy Davits, Outboard Motor Lift, Radar, Antenna Mounts and Deck Light
- Outboard Motor Bracket at Stern Pulpit
- Mercury 4 Stroke 9.9 HP Motor
- Life Ring
- Electric Windlass (Maxwell) with Bow Switches
- Anchor (60# Spade Primary w/200 Feet of Chain
- Anchor (Fortress with 20' Chain and Nylon Rode)
- Full Engine Instrumentation at Helm
- Rack and Pinion Steering System
- Rings (Fold Down) for Cockpit Jack Lines
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- 12V DC Outlet at Helm
- Teak Folding Cockpit Table w/Cupholders
- Deck Washdown/Cockpit Shower (Raw Water)
- Deck Storage Container (1) Mounted on Deck
- Helm Cover
- Cockpit Cushions
- Screens for Cockpit Enclosure
Hull and Deck Construction
The Island Packet 45 does not differ in construction that Island Packet Yachts have come to be known for. Her exclusive "Full Foil Keel" serves as the bases that unify the performance of modern hull and foil designs with the superior seakeeping, comfort and safety of a traditional long keel. This exclusive design adds numerous benefits for the cruising sailor and his crew, superior protection from damage or fouling for both rudder and prop, immensely strong integral hull and keel construction, and less draft than now full keel boats of her size.
Island Packet's hull is constructed of solid triaxial laminate, providing the highest level of impact and puncture resistance and over twice the tensile strength of conventional woven roving laminates.
The deck is cored with Island Packet's exclusive "PolyCore", an extremely tough inorganic matrix of glass micro-spheres and resin impervious to rot and delamination, eliminating the deterioration associated with conventional deck materials.
Engine and transmission is provided through hinged side panels and fore and aft covers. A molded engine bed with integral drip pan combines with fastidious mechanical, electrical and plumbing detail to make this machinery space attractive, functional and reliable. Extensive sound reduction measures include lead-lined foam insulation and gasketed doors.
All tankage is located under the cabin sole, freeing up storage space under berths and settees through-out the yacht, this also reduces trim changes with varying tank levels, and adds weight lower in the boat adding to the overall stability.
Mechanical and Plumbing
- NEW (2011) Charles Battery Charger
- NEW (2010) Yanmar 75 HP Engine (740 Hours)
- NEW (2010) BP Solar Panels w/Controller
- NEW (2010) PureWave 2000 Inverter-Sinergex 2000 Series II
- NEW (2010) Lifeline Main House Bank and New Starter Battery
- NEW (2010) MaxProp 3-Blade Feathering Prop
- NEW (2010) Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps w/Switch
- NEW (2010) Water Heater
- NEW (2010) PSY Dripproof Shaft Seal
- NEW (2009) Northern Lights Generator (Only 80 Hours)
- CruiseAir Reverse Cycle Marine Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detector in Salon
- Village Watermaker (Not Used by current owner; Pickled by Previous Owner, NOT used by current owner)
- NEW 2011 Charles Battery Charger
- NEW 2010 Water Heater
- NEW 2010 (BP Solar w/ Controller
- NEW 2010 Inverter (PureWave 2000 Sinergex 2000 Series II
- NEW 2010 Batteries House (Lifeline 2 8-D's)
- NEW 2010 Refrigeration/ Freezer (Frigoboat)
- NEW 2009 Generator (Northern Lights) (80 Hrs)
- Shore Power Inlet (1) 30 Amp
- Shore Power Cord (1) 50' 30 Amp
- Air Conditioning
- Miscellaneous Power Cord Adapters
- NEW 2010 EPIRB (Battery replaced 2016)
- NEW 2010 Pioneer CD Player
- Radar/ Chartplotter (Raytheon RL 70 Pathfinder GPS at Nav Station)
- Single Sideband Radio IC M710 w/Backstay Antenna
- VHF (Uniden Oceanus DSC)
- GPS/ Chartplotter (Garmin GPS Map 545 Chartplotter at Helm)
- Depth, Wind and Speed at Helm (B & G)
- Network Quad (B & G at Nav)
- GPS Plus 12 (B & G)
- Pilot Autopilot (B & G)
- Clock (Weems and Plath Brass)
- Tank Level Indicators
- Boston Acoustic Salon Speaker System
- 12V DC Outlet at Nav Station
Sails and Rigging
- (2010) Standing Rigging Inspected and Replaced as Needed (Stem Ball Replaced)
- NEW (2010) Running Rigging as needed
- NEW (2010) Loose Footed Staysail on Roller Furler
- NEW (2009) Mainsail on Lazy Jack System
- Mainsail Cover
- Genoa (110) on Roller Furler
- Spare Genoa (130)
- Storm Trysail on Dedicated Sail Track
- Spinnaker Pole on Mast Track
- Granny Bars at Mast
- Boom Vang
- Spare Halyards
Cruising World --
Boats.com Review --