CHEQUERS II - 2005 44' TARTAN YACHTS 4400
Midland Ontario Canada $327,500 USD
Midland Ontario Canada
The Tartan 4400 has been a very popular model since it's introduction in 2003. In production from 2003 until 2010, there were 28 hulls, each for a discerning owner and each personalized to the owner’s desires as only Tartan does. Combining the classic Tartan sailing performance, looks and state of the art construction with a higher level of comfort and elegance, the Tartan 4400 has won many awards, including Cruising World's Boat of the Year.
The Tartan 4400’s raised coach roof gives you the headroom and space you've always wanted in the main cabin. The expansive galley complements the living quarters, supporting offshore cruising, island hopping, or just exploring your local waters.
Our offering, CHEQUERS II, was custom built by Tartan for a very meticulous yachtsman. Having owned many boats as well as being an experienced racer, he wanted an elegant yacht that was comfortable for the family and guests that also performed well. The forward cabin was modified slightly into a king-size bunk, with cubby storage areas outboard on either side. The layout is a single head, three cabin version that was custom designed. The third cabin has twin bunks "up and down" which are great sea berths or twin beds for the kids and friends. They had a larger engine (100hp) installed for more efficient operation as well as a little extra power when they needed it. The entire time of his ownership the boat always sparkled and was maintained in tip-top shape. Her current owners have continued that tradition and have maintained that same level of care and upkeep. One facet of that is that she is stored in heated storage with the rig out every winter.
She’s a great looking boat underway or at the dock and a proven head-turner. Whether you are considering a Tartan 4400 specifically, a raised or deck saloon style boat, or simply a pedigreed yacht that makes you proud every time you look at her, you owe it to yourself to come to see CHEQUERS II. You won’t be disappointed!Contact the yacht broker to receive more information or schedule a showing of this 2005 44' TARTAN YACHTS 4400 Cruising Sailboat CHEQUERS II yacht for sale in Midland, Ontario, Canada today!
CHEQUERS II is a custom Tartan designed three cabin, single head configuration. The third cabin was designed with offset twin bunks, which are great for the kids, grandkids or additional guests.
Sail locker: The dedicated sail locker is accessed from the foredeck and has loads of storage inside for sails, fenders, bicycles- whatever.
Forward stateroom: The forward stateroom was slightly modified to create a king sized, full width berth. There are drawers and additional storage beneath the berth and a step-up cabin sole for ease of getting in and out. Lockers and fiddled shelves line the hull along either side of the berth. There are also cedar-lined hanging and shelving lockers and numerous drawers for ample storage in this cabin.
Head: The head can be entered from the forward stateroom or the galley area and is located on starboard. Entering from the galley, the sink is to the left and head to the right. There is a locker beneath the counter and lockers with shelves above along the hull. The separate shower stall is forward and has a door to close it off. There is a fiberglass shower seat with a storage locker behind it.
Galley: The U-shaped wrap-around galley is located forward of the saloon and down two steps on port. There is loads of storage and counter space in here. Starting on the forward end, there are two large, deep sinks mounted on the corner, with drawers and locker storage beneath the counter. To the left is a cutting board area with a rubbish bin concealed beneath it. Above this section is a microwave and a locker with shelves.
Moving around along the hullside, there is a locker beneath the counter, with the stove to the left of that. Pot and pan storage is in a locker beneath the stove and four lockers with shelves are above along the hull.
The spacious aft counter wraps around from the hull and houses the freezer and refrigerator boxes. There are three top-access lids (one freezer and two fridge), with a front access door for the refrigerator compartment. Above the freezer part of the counter is yet another locker.
Saloon: The raised saloon is bright and spacious, with seven large ocean worthy ports allowing lots of light in and great visibility all around. The forward center hatch and two overhead hatches open to provide great ventilation. The J-shaped dinette is on port and has an oval drop-leaf table that will easily seat six. There is loads of storage beneath the settee as well as behind the seat backs. Additionally, there are four lockers and a large fiddled shelf above and behind the seat back along the hull. Beneath the raised saloon floor is the machinery space, with easy access to the engine and other systems for servicing as required.
Nav station: The nav station is on starboard and forward facing. The wide leather seat has an armrest outboard and electrical equipment beneath it. The nav table can easily accommodate a chart book, has good storage inside the table and four storage drawers beneath. There is a hinged top with storage beneath it just outboard of the armrest. Above the nav table is a peninsula shaped cabinet with electrical and electronic items. Along the hullside are more electrical and electronic items. Two over/under cubbies are aft of that panel. Both areas have hinged access panels for easy servicing.
Just forward of the nav is an entertainment and storage area. There is fiddled counter space, with a locker for bottle storage above it and another locker below it.
Aft stateroom: The aft stateroom is on starboard and features a queen-sized berth. Well-lit and spacious, there’s no cramped quarter berth feel to the space. There is plenty of drawer, hanging locker and shelf space in here.
Bunk room: CHEQUERS II has a custom third cabin that was designed and built by Tartan. They are not over/under bunk beds, but offset, with the upper along the hullside and the lower between that and the centerline of the boat. There are drawers beneath each berth. This cabin can be converted back to a second head, should you choose to do so.
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- Cherry faced bulkheads
- Cherry hardwood interior joiner work
- Solid cherry ventilated raised panel locker doors
- Dovetail joined drawers with solid cherry fronts
- Cedar lined hanging lockers
- Navy Blue leather saloon upholstery
- Cherry dinette table with folding leaves
- Imtra Skyscreens on all hatches
- Cabin fans throughout (5)
- Portlight blinds on all opening ports
- Custom fixed port curtains & outside covers
- Custom memory foam mattresses in both staterooms
- Granicote countertops with cherry fiddles
- Integral Granicote 9” deep double sinks
- Corian cutting board/ sink covers
- Single lever hot and cold water mixer with pull-out sprayer wand
- Fresh water foot pump
- Force 10 three burner LPG stove with oven and safety bar
- Corian stove cover with cherry handles
- Two 10# painted steel LPG bottles in dedicated, vented locker (’16)
- Tappan stainless steel microwave oven in dedicated enclosure
- Molded iceboxes with 4” insulation in box, lids and door
- Seafrost 12v. air cooled refrigeration with top and front access
- 12v light in the refrigeration compartment
- Seafrost 12v. air cooled freezer with top loading access
- Built in trash bin with cutting board cover
- Coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc.
- Dishes, pots & pans, cutlery
- LOADS of locker stora
While the aft head was replaced with the bunk cabin, Tartan installed the plumbing for the head in the event that another owner would want to convert it back to a two head configuration.
HULL AND DECK
- Beavertail 5’6” draft lead keel
- Flag Blue Awlgrip hull
- Thru-hulls inspected and rebed (’10)
- Gold on white cove stripe
- White boot stripes
- Teak rub strake
- Teak toe rail
- White deck with contrasting sand nonskid
- Custom stainless steel stem piece with double anchor rollers
- 65# Bruce anchor with anchor swivel, 100’ of stainless steel chain and 100’ of rode
- 45# Danforth anchor with 150’ of nylon rode
- Electric anchor windlass with up and down foot switches (’12)
- Wireless windlass remote
- 10” stainless steel mooring cleats
- Double stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- 27” high x 1 1/8” stainless steel stanchions
- Custom stern rail seats in stern pulpits
- Double vinyl coated wire lifelines
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Electric swim platform
- Walkthrough transom to swim platform
- Teak cockpit coaming caps with integral cup holders
- Teak housetop grab rails (6)
- Opening hatches (8)
- Solar vent on sail locker hatch
- Imtra Skyscreens on all hatches
- Opening ports with screens (11)
- Chrome dorade vents with stainless steel guard (2)
- Canvas is Sunbrella “Tan”
- Wavestopper hard dodger with side grab bars (’13)
- Bimini tubing in 1 ¼” stainless steel
- Bimini w/connector (’13)
- Full cockpit enclosure with screens (’13)
- Kato dinghy davits
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Novis keel stepped double spreader carbon fiber mast
- Harken Genoa furler
- Leisure Furl boom
- Boom sail cover replaced (’18)
- Forespar Yacht Rod (vang)
- 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Integral split hydraulic backstay
- Mast mounted Harken whisker pole car and track
- Shrouds and chainplates inspected annually
- Carbon fiber whisker pole
- Harken deck hardware throughout
- Harken inboard Genoa tracks with adjustable cars
- Polished stainless steel outboard Genoa tracks on toe rails
- Harken 44.2STC Genoa halyard winch on mast
- Harken mainsheet traveler track and car
- Harken 44.2STC mainsheet winches near helm (2)
- Harken 53.2STEC electric primary winches (2)
- Harken 44.2STC secondary winches (2)
- Harken 44.2STEC electric main halyard winch
- Spinlock stopper on mast
- Spinlock stoppers on house top (6)
- Mast, shrouds and chainplates inspected annually
- Spinnaker halyard and gear
- Toe rail mounted spinnaker pad eyes
- All control lines are led aft to the cockpit
- Quantum Radial Cut cruising laminate main
- Quantum Radial Cut cruising laminate 145% Genoa
- Quantum Asymmetrical cruising chute with sock- purple
- Sails cleaned and serviced annually at North Sails
- Mainsail luff replaced (’20)
- Genoa sacrificial replaced (’20)
- Genoa sheets (’15)
- Genoa and main halyards (’15)
- Courtesy flag halyard
- Winch handles
- I: 58.00
- J: 16.50
- P: 51.58
- E: 18.00
- SA: 943 SQ. FT.
ENGINE & MACHINERY
- MOB pole
- Lifesling MOB recovery system
- Lifesling lifting sling
- Life ring with heaving line
- Jack lines
- Safety gear
- NO DINGHY
- Mercury 9.9HP outboard motor (’16)
- 300# capacity lifting crane mounted on radar mast
- CO2 detectors (2)
- Spotlights (2)
- Teak cockpit table with folding leaves
- Custom deck cover from mast aft
- Winter cover
- Sunbrella pedestal cover
- Companionway screen
- Dock lines and fenders
- Inflatable kayaks (2)
- Magma BBQ grill
- Ships clock and barometer
- Dyson vacuum cleaner
Owner’s personal effects and any items not specifically described in this listing
Potential purchasers should assume that any items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Engine hours are approximate, may be reported verbally by the seller, and are recorded at the time and date of the original listing of this vessel. Owner's use during the time of this listing may affect the total engine hours upon a prospective buyer's inspection. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his/her agents or his/her surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes or withdrawal from market without notice.