Nanatee - 1985 44' MARINE TRADER
Georgia United States $79,000 USD
Georgia United States
Nanatee is a boat fit for a movie star!
Nanatee is a boat fit for a movie star, quite literally! Tom Hanks stayed onboard this Marine Trader trawler while on location filming Forest Gump, and it's not hard to see why he enjoyed his time at anchor on this gentle giant.
Nanatee’s current liveaboard owner has loved and cherished her before coming into ill health, wiping the dew off the gelcoat of Nanatee every morning, Cosmetically, Nanatee is beautifully maintained and continues to demonstrate her long-term glory. She is now looking for a new owner who is ready to take on and progress her mechanical maintenance, and is priced taking into account the need for mechanical / systems work.
Recent upgrades include:
- NEW batteries throughout 2020.
- All canvas including bimini top, wrap around on main deck, window covers etc in like new condition with new zippers, water proofing, and regular cleaning. Three front panels of the bimini and Eisenglass, canvas and zippers replaced in 2018. Open sides without Eisenglass in bimini top (front glass new in 2018).
- NEW cushions and pillows (10) in 2018 with matching green sumbrella
- Stainless steel polished throughout
- Fiberglass cleaned, waxed and polished
- NEW Garmin 740s x 2
- New Interstate batteries in 2017
- New Marine Air conditioning unit in salon in 2016
- New water heater and pump in 2016
- Regular zinc checks
- Work on hydraulic steering system in 2019
- Bottom completely refurbished, pealed and dried on the hard; bottom painted every 2 years or so.
- Refinished and sealed exterior teak decks and teak rails. Regularly maintained to prevent water ingress.
New owner may wish to focus on:
- Perform engine and generator maintenance, and focus on exhaust system
- Plan for new propellers (these are original)
Maintain / replace pumps on heads
- Look at running lights / navigation lights
- Update safety equipment
Nanatee's generous accommodations, and classic style with a forest green theme throughout, coupled with the meticulous cosmetic care of her current owner, provide a "must see" for those seeking true trawler living. For a mechanically minded owner, this boat could soon be restored to become a Movie Star head turner.